PDA

View Full Version : Spammy Hagar officially makes the worse beatles cover I ever heard.

WARF
12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
This may even be the worst song he's ever done.

Fuck. You know he'll be doing this for his birthday bash for the next 30 years.

Anyways this is from the new "The Art of McCartney" cd that just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RU3vvIUCKM

Satan
12-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Hopefully this means that Sammy is finally done. It never fails.... shitty covers of Beatles songs ALWAYS kill the career of who ever does it.

John & George are projectile vomiting like my employee in The Exorcist, after hearing that garbage.

WARF
12-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Hopefully this means that Sammy is finally done. It never fails.... shitty covers of Beatles songs ALWAYS kill the career of who ever does it.

John & George are projectile vomiting like my employee in The Exorcist, after hearing that garbage.

examples?

Seshmeister
12-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I got as far as 1 minute in, I'm not listening to any more without some sort of payment.

WARF
12-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Come on Sesh, you gotta hear him scream BAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEE at the end!

TFM_Dale
12-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Ok, personal info, starting other sites, cock pics, racist postings, all of those do not compare to the depths you sank with this post. BAN THIS MAN!!!!!

WARF
12-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Ok, personal info, starting other sites, cock pics, racist postings, all of those do not compare to the depths you sank with this post. BAN THIS MAN!!!!!

Is this better? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-7y6yFASk

twonabomber
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
examples?

Peter Frampton in the Sgt. Pepper's remake.

TFM_Dale
12-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Is this better? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-7y6yFASk

Hell yes. MOD THIS MAN!!!!!!

DLR Bridge
12-03-2014, 07:38 PM
All within the first ten seconds, the obligatory... Yeah! Come on! Woooo!

That's as far as I got.

DLR Bridge
12-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Meanwhile, Mike sharpens up his chops and pipes with a clown car performance of ATBL...

http://youtu.be/noi2Q6o1w-E

WARF
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Hell yes. MOD THIS MAN!!!!!!

I actually have an official Barry Sanders jersey spent like 250 on it. I'm not a lions fan but he's one of top 3 favorite players.

ELVIS
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I made 23 seconds...

TFM_Dale
12-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I actually have an official Barry Sanders jersey spent like 250 on it. I'm not a lions fan but he's one of top 3 favorite players.

He was amazing to watch, when you can make other pros look flat out silly you are seriously skilled.

WARF
12-03-2014, 07:51 PM
He was amazing to watch, when you can make other pros look flat out silly you are seriously skilled.

Not to mention worst o-line in the NFL for many years.... if Emmett Smith and Barry switched teams Barry would have had 2,000 yards every season and Smith probably would have had 3 years with them before retiring.

TFM_Dale
12-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Not to mention worst o-line in the NFL for many years.... if Emmett Smith and Barry switched teams Barry would have had 2,000 yards every season and Smith probably would have had 3 years with them before retiring.

Yeah, don't get me started on that lol. That Dallas line was something though, one of the best ever.

Satan
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Peter Frampton in the Sgt. Pepper's remake.

Exactly. His career never really recovered from that, nor did the Bee Gees, who spent the next decade hiding behind other vocalists (Streisand/Kenny Rogers/Dionne Warwick/etc.) and then became a permanent nostalgia act until they started dropping dead. Pretty much anybody who was in that movie never had a hit record again, except Aerosmith, and maybe that's because their version of "Come Together" was actually pretty good. Even so, it took them a good 7 years to recover from the damage.

Another example would be the bubblegum singer Tiffany, who did an abysmal cover of " I Saw Her Standing There". And look at Michael Jackson. He didn't have to cover the songs, he just bought them. And watched his career start imploding immediately after doing so.

TFM_Dale
12-03-2014, 08:12 PM
. And look at Michael Jackson. He didn't have to cover the songs, he just bought them. And watched his career start imploding immediately after doing so.

That and being a pedophile sure didn't help.

DLR Bridge
12-03-2014, 08:16 PM
The soundtrack to I Am Sam was all Beatle covers that didn't exactly kill anyone's career, but didn't help either. Fiona Apple turned Across The Universe into a turd.

Sensible Shoes
12-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Exactly. His career never really recovered from that, nor did the Bee Gees, who spent the next decade hiding behind other vocalists (Streisand/Kenny Rogers/Dionne Warwick/etc.) and then became a permanent nostalgia act until they started dropping dead. Pretty much anybody who was in that movie never had a hit record again, except Aerosmith, and maybe that's because their version of "Come Together" was actually pretty good. Even so, it took them a good 7 years to recover from the damage.

Another example would be the bubblegum singer Tiffany, who did an abysmal cover of " I Saw Her Standing There". And look at Michael Jackson. He didn't have to cover the songs, he just bought them. And watched his career start imploding immediately after doing so.

I hate to say it - but Dave covered Beatles tunes on the Diamond Dave album.

Seshmeister
12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
It was a bit hidden away, a bit more obscure and OK IMHO.

I don't listen to that album often but it works well as mood music if you have people around for drinks.

Seshmeister
12-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Come on Sesh, you gotta hear him scream BAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEE at the end!

BAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEE was where he lost me 28 years ago.

Maybe those will be the bookmarks on his shitty(musically speaking) career.

Seshmeister
12-03-2014, 09:31 PM
That and being a pedophile sure didn't help.

Although it did less damage than you would think.

Then again you have Jimmy Page...

WARF
12-03-2014, 09:47 PM
I hate to say it - but Dave covered Beatles tunes on the Diamond Dave album.

His career started to dwindle ten years before this ;)

Not that I give a fuck about record sales, and I still think YFLM is a great album. It was depressing though when it was released seeing him play shitty venues.

Satan
12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I still like YFLM better than SkyCrapper.

WARF
12-03-2014, 10:08 PM
I still like YFLM better than SkyCrapper.

That's interesting.

Dave was still in his vocal prime on SkyCRAPer , but it's NOT aging very well at all. There's some good material on there (hina, damn good) but the production is weak.

YFLM on the other hand was DEPRESSING for me. I didn't dislike or like it when it was released. I am still not a fan of "She's My Machine" it feels like Dave was trying to go into the grunge scene a little too much on that one. However, I love most of the other tracks.... you're breathin it, sunburn, big train and no big ting' being my favorites. I hated the tour, the DLR fashion change and the whole package. (Nobody wants to see there rock heroes play shitty venues and change their image.

YFLM is the better album, but I will still give the edge to skyCRAPer.

Who was it? Was it Sesh? Who said they saw the YFLM tour and stopped listening to DLR/VH for a few years after....

WARF
12-03-2014, 10:14 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEE was where he lost me 28 years ago.

Maybe those will be the bookmarks on his shitty(musically speaking) career.

My friend came over to my house once and put on the Van Halen 93' Live album. I remember that was the fastest I ever shut off a cd in my life.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Cringe worthy!

Hagar has no soul, and to emulate the big bopper for the start of the concert?

Fuck man.... if I had any chance to attack him on stage that night, he would have had his ass kicked quicker that the OASIS brothers by that jackass who leaped at them a few years ago.

Hardrock69
12-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Only a loser would even WANT to listen to that song.

Much less post about it.

Loons The Great
02-26-2015, 03:12 PM
His career started to dwindle ten years before this ;)

Not that I give a fuck about record sales, and I still think YFLM is a great album. It was depressing though when it was released seeing him play shitty venues.
I hear ya, WARF...I wonder what YFLM , Vegas, DLR Band, and Diamond Dave would have been like had Jason Becker been healthy...and the No Holds Bar B Que...I don't believe Terry Kilgore, Brat Walsh, or Mighty Joe Holmes were in Roth's league....I do believe B. Young and John 5 are worthy! I don't blame the guitarists completely...but when you introduce the whirl to King Edward and Screamin' Stevie Vai....that is a to the moon high standard.

Kristy
02-26-2015, 04:53 PM
That was...that was....FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Whoooooo-hoooo! Yeah! C'mon! indeed.

Maybe if WARF could take his mouth of the cock of the calender year of 1985 he could see (and learn) what true progress is. F A T Spammy is a visionary. Shame WARF wants to hold us all back with his cynicism.

fraroc
03-05-2015, 02:11 PM

So it wasn't you who possessed that girl?

Fairwrning
03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Yeah, don't get me started on that lol. That Dallas line was something though, one of the best ever.

And the one they have now aint bad either..

FORD
03-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Just a reminder to Spam and all the other goddamned wannabees on how to properly cover a Beatles song......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSOJbR4CjBY