PDA

View Full Version : Caption This !!

ELVIS
12-11-2014, 05:30 PM
http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2014/12/10/Production/Daily/A-Section/Images/AP775380832035.jpg?uuid=55jmboC-EeSIggPPCEEL6w

:popcorn:

Satan
12-11-2014, 06:39 PM
http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2014/12/10/Production/Daily/A-Section/Images/AP775380832035.jpg?uuid=55jmboC-EeSIggPPCEEL6w
I'm trying to save this fucking country from treasonous criminal bankster scum, and now BONER & the Turtle are threatening another government shutdown unless we repeal the already way too weak Dodd/Frank bill AND pass still more tax cuts for the tax dodging rich??

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???

Nickdfresh
12-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Popcorn!!!

binnie
12-12-2014, 01:01 AM
(Woman in the background): 'Bill Cosby's is bigger......'

TFM_Dale
12-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton at an AA meeting in ten years.

ELVIS
12-12-2014, 01:29 PM
My turn...

"A trillion dollars is only this big! We need it to keep the government from shutting down! Just think of it as a big black dick being shoved up your ass! Just ask Maxine, she's been there."

FORD
12-12-2014, 10:30 PM
‘Enough is enough’: Elizabeth Warren’s fiery attack comes after Congress weakens Wall Street regulations
By Wonkblog Staff
December 12 at 7:46 PM

With Congress set to pass a government spending bill that weakens a provision of Dodd-Frank, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) took the floor of the Senate on Friday evening to lash out at her colleagues. In her remarks, she took specific aim at mega-bank Citigroup, saying it wields unusual power in government and must be reigned in. "Many Wall Street institutions have exerted extraordinary influence in Washington’s corridors of power, but Citigroup has risen above the others," she said. "Its grip over economic policymaking in the executive branch is unprecedented."

Warren, pushing her party to take a less friendly attitude toward Wall Street, called on Congress to do as much for families living paycheck to paycheck as it does for big banks. Her prepared remarks follow:

Mr. President, I’m back on the floor to talk about a dangerous provision that was slipped into a must-pass spending bill at the last minute to benefit Wall Street. This provision would repeal a rule called, and I’m quoting the title of the rule, “PROHIBITION AGAINST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BAILOUTS OF SWAPS ENTITIES.”

On Wednesday, I came to the floor to talk to Democrats, asking them to strip this provision out of the omnibus bill and protect taxpayers.

On Thursday, I came to the floor to talk to Republicans. Republicans say they don’t like bailouts either. So I asked them to vote the way they talk. If they don’t like bailouts, then they could take out this provision that puts taxpayers right back on the hook for bailing out big banks.

Today, I’m coming to the floor not to talk about Democrats or Republicans, but about a third group that also wields tremendous power in Washington: Citigroup.
Mr. President, in recent years, many Wall Street institutions have exerted extraordinary influence in Washington’s corridors of power, but Citigroup has risen above the others. Its grip over economic policymaking in the executive branch is unprecedented. Consider a few examples:

Three of the last four Treasury Secretaries under Democratic presidents have had close Citigroup ties. The fourth was offered the CEO position at Citigroup, but turned it down.
The Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve system is a Citigroup alum.
The Undersecretary for International Affairs at Treasury is a Citigroup alum.
The U.S. Trade Representative and the person nominated to be his deputy – who is currently an assistant secretary at Treasury – are Citigroup alums.
A recent chairman of the National Economic Council at the White House was a Citigroup alum.
Another recent Chairman of the Office of Management and Budget went to Citigroup immediately after leaving the White House.
Another recent Chairman of the Office of Management of Budget and Management is also a Citi alum -- but I’m double counting here because now he’s the Secretary of the Treasury.

That’s a lot of powerful people, all from one bank. But they aren’t Citigroup’s only source of power. Over the years, the company has spent millions of dollars on lobbying Congress and funding the political campaigns of its friends in the House and the Senate.

Citigroup has also spent millions trying to influence the political process in ways that are far more subtle—and hidden from public view. Last year, I wrote Citigroup and other big banks a letter asking them to disclose the amount of shareholder money they have been diverting to think tanks to influence public policy. Citigroup’s response to my letter? Stonewalling. A year has gone by, and Citigroup didn’t even acknowledge receiving the letter.

Citigroup has a lot of money, it spends a lot of money, and it uses that money to grow and consolidate a lot of power. And it pays off. Consider a couple facts.
Fact one: During the financial crisis, when all the support through TARP and from the FDIC and the Fed is added up, Citi received nearly half a trillion dollars in bailouts. That’s half a trillion with a “t.” That’s almost $140 billion more than the next biggest bank got.

Fact two: During Dodd-Frank, there was an amendment introduced by my colleague Senator Brown and Senator Kaufman that would have broken up Citigroup and the nation’s other largest banks. That amendment had bipartisan support, and it might have passed, but it ran into powerful opposition from an alliance between Wall Streeters on Wall Street and Wall Streeters who held powerful government jobs. They teamed up and blocked the move to break up the banks—and now Citi is bigger than ever.

The role that senior officials working in the Treasury department played in killing the amendment was not subtle: A senior Treasury official acknowledged it at the time in a background interview with New York Magazine. The official from Treasury said, and I’m quoting here, “If we’d been for it, it probably would have happened. But we weren’t, so it didn’t.” That’s power.

Mr. President, Democrats don’t like Wall Street bailouts. Republicans don’t like Wall Street bailouts. The American people are disgusted by Wall Street bailouts. And yet here we are -- five years after Dodd-Frank – with Congress on the verge of ramming through a provision that would do nothing for middle class, do nothing for community banks – do nothing but raise the risk that taxpayers will have to bail out the biggest banks once again.
There’s a lot of talk lately about how the Dodd-Frank Act isn’t perfect. There’s a lot of talk coming from Citigroup about how the Dodd-Frank Act isn’t perfect.

So let me say this to anyone who is listening at Citi: I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn’t perfect.

It should have broken you into pieces.

If this Congress is going to open up Dodd-Frank in the months ahead, let’s open it up to get tougher—not to create more bailout opportunities .

If we are going to open up Dodd-Frank, let’s open it up so that, once and for all, we end Too Big to Fail. And I mean let’s really end it – not just say we did.

Instead of passing laws that create new bailout opportunities for Too-Big-To-Fail banks, let’s pass Brown-Kaufman. Let’s pass the bipartisan 21st Century Glass-Steagall Act – a bill I’ve sponsored with John McCain, Angus King, and Maria Cantwell. Let’s pass something – anything – that would help break up these giant banks.

A century ago, Teddy Roosevelt was America’s trustbuster. He went after the giant trusts and monopolies in this country, and a lot of people talk about how those trusts deserved to be broken up because they had too much economic power. But Teddy Roosevelt said we should break them up because they had too much political power. Teddy Roosevelt said break them up because all that concentrated power threatened the very foundations of our democratic system.

And now we’re watching as Congress passes yet another provision that was written by lobbyists for the biggest recipient of bailout money in the history of the country. And it’s attached to a bill that needs to pass or else the entire federal government will grind to a halt.

Think about this kind of power. A financial institution has become so big and so powerful that it can hold the entire country hostage. That alone is a reason enough for us break them up. Enough is enough.

Enough is enough with Wall Street insiders getting key position after key position and the kind of cronyism we have seen in the executive branch. Enough is enough with Citigroup passing 11th hour deregulatory provisions that nobody takes ownership over but that everybody comes to regret. Enough is enough.

Washington already works really well for the billionaires and big corporations and the lawyers and lobbyists. But what about the families who lost their homes or their jobs or their retirement savings the last time Citi bet big on derivatives and lost? What about the families who are living paycheck to paycheck and saw their tax dollars go to bail Citi out just six years ago? We were sent here to fight for those families, and it’s time – it’s past time – for Washington to start working for them.

SANDERS/WARREN 2016!!!!

FORD
12-13-2014, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H20Dhc85OhM

ELVIS
12-13-2014, 08:13 PM
SANDERS/WARREN 2016!!!!

yeah riight...:rolleyes:

FORD
12-13-2014, 08:20 PM
You would think that someone who is constantly bitching about the corruption of the "jew controlled" banking system would appreciate the genuine efforts of those trying to stop that corruption.

Guess not?

ELVIS
12-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/300-former-obama-staffers-urge-elizabeth-warren-run-president_821232.html)

A group of more than 300 hundred former Obama staffers have written an open letter urging Elizabeth Warren to run for president of the United States. "We helped elect Barack Obama — now we’re calling on Elizabeth Warren to run in 2016," the letter is titled.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/fashion/daily/2012/09/10/10-elizabeth-warren.o.jpg/a_4x.jpg

We believed in an unlikely candidate who no one thought had a chance.

We worked for him — and against all odds, we won in Iowa.

We organized like no campaign had organized before — and won the Democratic primary.

We built a movement — and the country elected the first-ever African American president.

We know that the improbable is far from impossible.

Now, former staffers from President Obama’s campaigns, along with former staffers from OFA, are joining with the thousands of Americans who are calling on Elizabeth Warren to run for president in 2016.

Rising income inequality is the challenge of our times, and we want someone who will stand up for working families and take on the Wall Street banks and special interests that took down our economy.

We urge Elizabeth Warren to run for president in 2016.

The list of former Obama staffers who signed the letter is here.

The letter was organized by a group called Ready for Warren. The group's goal is to get Warren to run for president.

"We are ready for Elizabeth Warren to run for President in 2016," reads the group's website.

"Warren is the backbone that the Democratic Party too often forgets it needs. She has inspired a movement—yet to jump into the race for president, we need to show the Senator that she’s got support all across the country, from Oklahoma to Massachusetts, from Florida to Nevada.

jacksmar
12-14-2014, 04:14 PM

:popcorn:

Bitter African native and chief Old As Squat discuss the size of their tampons after their abortions.

This picture is brought to you by Poise. Poise; The choice of old democrat cunts bitching in DC..

ELVIS
12-14-2014, 06:17 PM
The guy in the purple reminds me of someone...

ELVIS
12-14-2014, 06:24 PM
I think I got it...

John Boy !!

http://waltons.steve-p.org/pix/45A_02072600.jpg

ELVIS
12-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Who knew John Boy was a fake Indian woman ??