PDA

View Full Version : No Big 'Ting: Why is it universally panned by almost all Roth fans?

WARF
12-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Why is this song always mentioned as one of the worst Roth solo songs? I don't exactly care for the Jamaican rapper in the song but it's different and has a cool beach vibe to it. I dig this tune, and over the years I would easily place it in the top 3 songs on the "Your Filthy Little Mouth" album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taaKl85jbXE

DONNIEP
12-15-2014, 01:13 PM
I always liked this one. It's a hell of a lot better than that damn Cheatin Heart Cafe.

WARF
12-15-2014, 01:20 PM
I always liked this one. It's a hell of a lot better than that damn Cheatin Heart Cafe.

I think that song is the worst pile of shit Roth has ever done.

VAiN
12-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Decent tune.. great lyrics, but that's to be expected.

jacksmar
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Nile Rogers was big 20 years ago. Roth should have passed on this song knowing Rogers would try to ‘homogenize’ this tune to fit in the style of Clapton or Bowie or Chic.

That’s really my hang up with this song as it tries to reach too many directions in the production.

This should have been another cool “2 Fools For A Minute”.

Roth again steps up to sing very well and proves that regardless of genre, Roth can sing it.

This song is in our ‘hot tub’ rotation. :happy0065:

SunisinuS
12-16-2014, 03:13 AM
Yea the producer might have made a difference....but Dave was firmly embedded in his "Big Talk" phase....begginning of the stop singing and start psuedo rapping shit....

DLR Bridge
12-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Why is this song always mentioned as one of the worst Roth solo songs? I don't exactly care for the Jamaican rapper in the song but it's different and has a cool beach vibe to it. I dig this tune, and over the years I would easily place it in the top 3 songs on the "Your Filthy Little Mouth" album.

Agree completely. Lose the "rapper" all together, trim the opening 36 seconds and another nip/tuck or two further on and you've got a pretty decent tune.

DLR Bridge
12-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Oh, and lose the horns.

DLR Bridge
12-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Keep the shoes. :biggrin:

vandeleur
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
So totally change the tune drop this and drop that , I don't realy like it . It was at this point I thought I could see dave's shoes as he disappears up his own arse .

Sorry guys .

vandeleur
12-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Dam am I sacked :(

WARF
12-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Agree completely. Lose the "rapper" all together, trim the opening 36 seconds and another nip/tuck or two further on and you've got a pretty decent tune.

I actually met the rapper his name is Mitchelious, don't ask me how or why I met him....