PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - The Shape You're In (Original Song)

WARF
02-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Ahhhh yes!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brHagyNaCdw

ELVIS
02-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Wow, never heard that one...

Pretty cool song...

:killer:

WARF
02-28-2015, 04:37 PM
It's only been performed once live. EVER!

ELVIS
02-28-2015, 04:40 PM
Yeah...

Watch for it to appear on the new Wolfgang album that has zero chance of selling over 10,000 copies...

Romeo Delight
02-28-2015, 04:42 PM
That is very cool, but if they released a version of this on a new album it would just be a rehash according to half of this website..."I'd rather listen to the original (with Mike) that sounds like it was recorded from a handheld 1070's transistor radio" .

LOL. Only in the world of Van Halen would their own fans make it a sin to release your own original material if you didn't happen to write it in the last calendar year.

DONNIEP
02-28-2015, 05:10 PM
"I'd rather listen to the original (with Mike) that sounds like it was recorded from a handheld 1070's transistor radio" .

I actually prefer the sound of an old Realistic tape deck. Just check out that microphone! And that one really shitty speaker! Dude - this is the only way to listen to old Van Halen bootlegs.

http://s1.postimg.org/opt4u2ya7/il_570x_N_553763945_jamw.jpg

DONNIEP
02-28-2015, 05:26 PM
And I really liked the last record, regardless that Mike wasn't on it. I just never could learn the new lyrics. So instead I just run around the house screaming "Big Trouble!!"

VHscraps
02-28-2015, 06:11 PM
It's only been performed once live. EVER!

Never heard it, either. Damn good tune. Sounds a bit like VH inventing the Red Hot Chili Peppers right there ...

DLR Bridge
02-28-2015, 06:21 PM
I've always liked this one. Exhibits some of Dave's Savoy Brown lyrical influence. "Don't wanna talk about' yer mama". Loosey goosey lyrics that fit nicely anywhere that don't make a whole lotta sense. Great riff, too. Chorus needs work. Wonder why they dumped it (and about 20 other crafty tunes).

DLR Bridge
02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
That is very cool, but if they released a version of this on a new album it would just be a rehash according to half of this website..."I'd rather listen to the original (with Mike) that sounds like it was recorded from a handheld 1070's transistor radio" .

LOL. Only in the world of Van Halen would their own fans make it a sin to release your own original material if you didn't happen to write it in the last calendar year.

I think this website has been the most accepting of the re-worked tunes. Sure, we all bagged on Tattoo, but only because it was a dud, and Down In Flames is hard to beat. I've found that VHND and Facebookland have the most people bitching about the rehashing. No idea what the consensus is at the Links.

vandeleur
02-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Great post

DONNIEP
02-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Great post

Why thank you. I didn't even know it was showing. These shorts, you know, sometimes the beast just pokes its head out the leg and I don't even notice it.

Nitro Express
03-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I actually prefer the sound of an old Realistic tape deck. Just check out that microphone! And that one really shitty speaker! Dude - this is the only way to listen to old Van Halen bootlegs.

http://s1.postimg.org/opt4u2ya7/il_570x_N_553763945_jamw.jpg

Endlessly entertained me as a kid. My dad had one. I would pretend I was some television host with the microphones and tape my imaginary shows and play them for the dog.