PDA

View Full Version : Official July 16 Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
03-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the Official July 16 Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre Meetup/Review Thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!

CreatureFrmTheC
06-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Woo Hoo! Show #2

rwc
07-16-2015, 05:25 PM
WTF is wrong with Silicon Valley these days. The Mighty Van Halen (redundant) is in town today and NO ONE is going.
Or perhaps they just don't know how to use a message board.
I'd blame it on the computer nerds, but, hell, I am one.
Here's some advice to all the computer nerds in San Jose / Silicon Valley / Mountain View
If CreatureFrmTheC looks anything like the profile pic, then stop staring at your shoes, go see Halen, try to find the Creature.
If CreatureFrmTheC is a guy, then stop staring at your shoes, go see Halen, find Creature and ask him to help you get laid.
Google just announced great earnings. You can afford it.

78/84 guy
07-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Enjoy peps !! If there is any ???!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Ready for Van Halen 😛 pic.twitter.com/q8kJt2r0K4— regina filange (@isabelvargasss) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 09:38 PM
With Wolf Van Halen after sound check pic.twitter.com/ARwmyy2GqU— Jim Dalrymple (@jdalrymple) July 17, 2015

perrin29
07-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Opinion question...if you could pick row 4 close to center on Wolf's side or 7 on Ed's where would you go? I know Dave wanders everywhere but he seems to spend more time over by Wolf.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Opinion question...if you could pick row 4 close to center on Wolf's side or 7 on Ed's where would you go? I know Dave wanders everywhere but he seems to spend more time over by Wolf.

That would be an absolute no-brainer for me - Ed's side, every time.....

twonabomber
07-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Yup.

12th row, Ed's side, Montreal '07.

perrin29
07-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Done. Grabbed a 7th row seat on Ed's side.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Awaiting the show to start - (opening band's set shown), but the main act is VAN HALEN!! Woo hoo!

I've always... http://t.co/uq8Ap6vZ3w— Peter Knight (@otob) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:35 PM
VAN FUCKING HALEN (@ Shoreline Amphitheatre - @shorelineamp for Van Halen in Mountain View, CA) https://t.co/t8fdNOunAr— Funkminsta Fulla (@mattpaul) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Van Halen! #vanhalenworldtour #meandmypa #panama #jump #hotforteacher #EddieDaveandAlex @ Shoreline… https://t.co/3w0OKyaj44— Nate Ayala (@n8ayala) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Wearing my @YouthInRevolt sweatshirt at the van halen concert tonight. Probably gonna be the youngest person there but whatever.— AnnaMarie McQueen (@anna_rooo) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Pretty sweet van halen seats. pic.twitter.com/LEJHK6HkT7— Alan Horn (@deorth) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:38 PM
At the Van Halen concert. Looking forward to seeing one of my favorite rock group perform. pic.twitter.com/AnN77cNEIo— Lunatech (@ilunatech) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Van Halen tonite. at shoreline amphitheater. @VanHalen 😁 stoked!— vidy (@VidyTurtle) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Seeing Van Halen tonight!!!— Sophie Zeck (@SophieZeck) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:45 PM
At the van Halen concert https://t.co/AWh7bJYGJn— rene ramirez (@reneramirez131) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:45 PM
Van Halen World Tour pic.twitter.com/FCE0WXQFlC— samantha☪ (@samtaylorr09) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Kenny Wayne Shepard (@ Shoreline Amphitheatre - @shorelineamp for Van Halen) https://t.co/f60nptNBt9 pic.twitter.com/QtQxxr3lrq— ....lindberg.... (@melsantacruz) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Yes going to see Van Halen!!!!— alejandra (@lil__dra) July 17, 2015

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-16-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm here. Let's get this shit going. The MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Literally sitting front row for Van Halen.
I AM PUMPED— MASTER ILLER (@_duhmello) July 17, 2015

Va Beach VH Fan
Van Halen tonight! Definitely checking off a bucket-list band. #vanhalen #concertphotography #music #shorelineamphitheater A photo posted by Andrew Wilson Photography (@agwilsonphotos) on Jul 16, 2015 at 8:12pm PDT

Va Beach VH Fan
van halen show for free from corporate. boss paid for a party bus. other manager is buying all drinks. #ThirstyThursday #shoreline 🎶🍻☺️— kristin tappan (@ktapthat) July 17, 2015

katina
07-16-2015, 11:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKFkflbUYAAUYEq.jpg

twonabomber
07-17-2015, 12:16 AM
van halen show for free from corporate. boss paid for a party bus. other manager is buying all drinks. #ThirstyThursday #shoreline 🎶🍻☺️— kristin tappan (@ktapthat) July 17, 2015

She doesn't know that they are just trying to get laid?

WARF
07-17-2015, 12:35 AM
She doesn't know that they are just trying to get laid?

Who would wanna fuck that?

Dan
07-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Who would wanna fuck that?

You Would Fuck Anything With A Hole In It.:269:

WARF
07-17-2015, 02:11 AM
You Would Fuck Anything With A Hole In It.:269:

Pants off?

Jetstream
07-17-2015, 07:21 AM
I am getting the impression that a lot of the younger crowd is starting to show up at the concerts. We can say all we want about the Kimmel performance, Ellen and The Billboard Awards... but they are paying huge dividends for Van Halen :)

katina
07-17-2015, 08:23 AM
http://i1.wp.com/musicjunkiepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Optimized-IMG_3639.jpg?resize=1031%2C900

katina
07-17-2015, 08:30 AM
VAN HALEN delivered an epic full on ROCK N ROLL set at Shoreline Amphitheater

http://musicjunkiepress.com/music/van-halen-delivered-an-epic-full-on-rock-n-roll-set-at-shoreline-amphitheater/

What a night it was! We just returned from the incredible performance by Van Halen as they brought their LIVE ON TOUR to the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. The venue was packed and with all the traffic getting in, we unfortunately missed Kenny Wayne Shephard Band. Several of our friends told us that it was a great set and really got the crowd fired up for Van Halen.

The night sky was just starting to dim as the band took to the stage and performed a rare classic, Light Up The Sky. We instantly knew that we were going to be in for an incredible set and they definitely proved us right. With fan favorites like Everybody Wants Some, Beautiful Girls, Woman In Love, Panama and even some surprises like In a Simple Rhyme and Dirty Movies it was a set that you could only dream about. I was also excited to have my personal faves of Drop Dead Legs, Unchained and Ice Cream Man on the list too.
Eddie Van Halen was fierce and on fire the entire night, delivering spine tingling guitar riffs that inspired so many musicians of today. David Lee Roth is one of the best showman in Rock n Roll as he not only sounded spectacular but insured that everyone was having a kick ass time. Alex Van Halen was a madman on the drums as his intensity would invoke thunderous tremors through the venue. Wolfgan Van Halen not only slays on the bass but also kills it with his stellar backing vocals along with Eddie.

The energy was constant from start to finish and it was amazing to see the audience filled with fans as young as 5 or 6 years old and all the way up to seasoned rockers. This was definitely a ROCK SHOW and the crowd proved that Rock is alive and thriving! The LIVE ON TOUR continues on until October and you can check the dates by heading over to their website: http://www.van-halen.com/2015tourdates.html. This is one tour you dont want to miss.

~ Marisol

katina
07-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Drop Dead Legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFPtV-qZy6c

katina
07-17-2015, 08:59 AM
In A Simple Rhyme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq1Un0kxvls

private parts
07-17-2015, 11:01 AM
VAN HALEN delivered an epic full on ROCK N ROLL set at Shoreline Amphitheater

http://musicjunkiepress.com/music/van-halen-delivered-an-epic-full-on-rock-n-roll-set-at-shoreline-amphitheater/

David Lee Roth is one of the best showman in Rock n Roll as he not only sounded spectacular ...

Spectacular? Hummmm.........What? Singing must not be his first language.

Fairwrning
07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
I am getting the impression that a lot of the younger crowd is starting to show up at the concerts. We can say all we want about the Kimmel performance, Ellen and The Billboard Awards... but they are paying huge dividends for Van Halen :)

Agreed..Im really amazed this tour is selling like it appears to be selling. A lot of bucket lists being checked off apparently.I still have zero desire to see this show..I feel like Ive seen it already..

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Agreed..Im really amazed this tour is selling like it appears to be selling. A lot of bucket lists being checked off apparently.I still have zero desire to see this show..I feel like Ive seen it already..

go.to.a.show.

Romeo Delight
07-17-2015, 02:34 PM

Some could say that VH is delivering a pure Rock performance, pure, etc...

I know that U2 rehearsed for at least a month a month and a half for their recent tour in the old Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver.

I saw the first show and it was an incredible production and performance. I cant help but think VH is missing the boat here.

They certainly have the creativity (from Dave) to create something special but see no need to deviate from walking on stage and playing through the tunes.

I wish there was more.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 02:38 PM
S I cant help but think VH is missing the boat here.

They certainly have the creativity (from Dave) to create something special but see no need to deviate from walking on stage and playing through the tunes.

I wish there was more.

:eek1: #neverenough ;)

Romeo Delight
07-17-2015, 02:43 PM
:eek1: #neverenough ;)

I hear you...I am usually the first to bash those that complain. So much is going well...they sound tight and Dave sounds better.

Still, it doesn't feel special like I know it could. Where is the production value? Tougher in these outdoor productions I know

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 03:09 PM
stand.thru.a.show.

Romeo Delight
07-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Cryptic...

Seshmeister
07-17-2015, 03:58 PM
go.to.a.show.

Judging any show by a YouTube video from a smartphone is like judging how hot a girl is from a bad passport photo.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 03:58 PM
it's all the "production" you will want

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Judging any show by a YouTube video from a smartphone is like judging how hot a girl is from a bad passport photo.

agreed, so then you weigh in responses by like minded folk whom have seen the "lame old boring visually yet sonically fun" show

Greenbuds
07-17-2015, 04:34 PM

I wish there was more.

I agree to a certain degree. I wish they would all come together in the middle like they used to for EWS. The Diver Down tour was the most choreographed show they did. Mike said they used to tape those shows just for that purpose. It also seems like they can't do some of that stuff because Ed is more wedded to his pedals these days.

...with that said, it's still a monster show. Like others have said and I said when I saw them last week at in SB, the YT videos do not do a live show justice. There is the tribal feeling and energy of the crowd. The great light show. Alex's drums pounding through your soul. The energy of the air being pushed through the speakers.

And most of all... the vibe set by Dave this time around. It's not caught with video clips. It's setup through the whole show. It's the same type of attitude they had in the early years. That's what was missing the last two tours. Like someone said, it was more like a Broadway version of Van Halen.

What Van Hagar fans do not get is that Van Halen is an attitude. They had zilch with Hagar. It was manufactured and cliched. They were lameness defined. I'm still pumped after seeing them last Saturday. I wasn't that excited going into the last two tours, this show has completely revived my spirit for VH. They are not and never will be what they were 30-40 years ago, but they are the best they can be at 60+ years old. Well, maybe 98%, LOL.

If you want to see what a 60+ sounds and looks like, check out the Hagar Ribfest videos from last week. He's fat, bloated and walks and sings like he is constipated. That guy is done! The guys in VH put him to shame now more than ever.

See this tour, you will be stoked.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 05:40 PM
I agree to a certain degree. I wish they would all come together in the middle like they used to for EWS. The Diver Down tour was the most choreographed show they did. Mike said they used to tape those shows just for that purpose. It also seems like they can't do some of that stuff because Ed is more wedded to his pedals these days.

...with that said, it's still a monster show. Like others have said and I said when I saw them last week at in SB, the YT videos do not do a live show justice. There is the tribal feeling and energy of the crowd. The great light show. Alex's drums pounding through your soul. The energy of the air being pushed through the speakers.

And most of all... the vibe set by Dave this time around. It's not caught with video clips. It's setup through the whole show. It's the same type of attitude they had in the early years. That's what was missing the last two tours. Like someone said, it was more like a Broadway version of Van Halen.

What Van Hagar fans do not get is that Van Halen is an attitude. They had zilch with Hagar. It was manufactured and cliched. They were lameness defined. I'm still pumped after seeing them last Saturday. I wasn't that excited going into the last two tours, this show has completely revived my spirit for VH. They are not and never will be what they were 30-40 years ago, but they are the best they can be at 60+ years old. Well, maybe 98%, LOL.

If you want to see what a 60+ sounds and looks like, check out the Hagar Ribfest videos from last week. He's fat, bloated and walks and sings like he is constipated. That guy is done! The guys in VH put him to shame now more than ever.

were you the one with the rick james weed?

chuckjitsu
07-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, I only have YouTube to go by, but so far, Dave sounds the best he's sounded since 07-08. As for the Van Halens, all they do is put foot to ass every night, so we're rollin' in that regard.

Dave's voice sounds stronger in general (especially compared to the recent tv stuff) and I'm very glad some sort of light bulb has gone off for him relative to his vocal choices. I don't think he sang China Town properly in 6 shows total from the 12-13, yet he's been on point every show so far, which I'm loving since he murdered that song during 12-13. Dave hasn't been perfect, but he has been better.

I'm digging the set list, especially the new batch of deep cuts. All in all, a great start to the tour- the venues have looked pretty full, the crowds have been good and so have the reviews. And like everybody else around here, I've heard the old war horses a million times, but I still love it and get pumped listening to the boys muscle through tunes like Hot For Teacher, especially when they're rolling like they are now.

Keep it rolling boys!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Last night kicked ass. My uncle @pb93 took some awesome pictures too. pic.twitter.com/ZpuOAmGMrA— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) July 17, 2015

Dan
07-17-2015, 06:35 PM

You Are A Fool Not To Go To See The Van Halen Summer Tour.:argue:

Fairwrning
07-17-2015, 06:59 PM
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/04/37/89/cjnuau10.jpg

Spin,rinse and repeat...This is why I wont go..GREAT setlist...5 tunes Ive never seen live before.But Ive seen em 3 times in the heyday and last 2 tours also..Im done.Hoping to hear some new music.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-17-2015, 07:05 PM
ha, ok

Romeo Delight
07-17-2015, 07:24 PM
it's all the "production" you will want

I guess all I am saying is at VH show there was always a certain amount of preparation that went into it...not a fraction of that now other then the trio rehearsing in Ed's studio.

Is it too much to ask for a bit of a "show". That could be anything...I don't need a flock of midgets or dancing beaver or Animation. Just make it look like you thought about the audience and created something unique for the tour...if there was an album that would help.

Just try something. Even rehearsing together as a complete band would result in a lot more of a complete show

Romeo Delight
07-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Still going to at least one show...its going to be great...but could be much better is all I am saying

vandeleur
07-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Enjoy and appreciate it while it lasts , and think of those in distant lands thinking .............................. Listen to those lucky bastids moan :D

Seshmeister
07-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Spin,rinse and repeat...This is why I wont go..GREAT setlist...5 tunes Ive never seen live before.But Ive seen em 3 times in the heyday and last 2 tours also..Im done.Hoping to hear some new music.

You've seen it all and done it so you are now ready to die?

Good luck with that.

Fairwrning
07-17-2015, 10:55 PM
You've seen it all and done it so you are now ready to die?

Good luck with that.

:wtf: umm..no..just not going to spend the money and effort to travel to see a show that has practically no chance of being spontaneous..Ill put that cash to other things.

Fairwrning
07-17-2015, 11:13 PM
Ill say its cool that Wolf has kept this band together.Only 1 new album in 8 years since reuniting speaks volumes.They are selling tickets and spreading the tunes and thats great.Im just getting old I guess.I dont ride roller coasters anymore either.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Ill say its cool that Wolf has kept this band together.Only 1 new album in 8 years since reuniting speaks volumes.They are selling tickets and spreading the tunes and thats great.Im just getting old I guess.I dont ride roller coasters anymore either.

we are goin' to six flags magic mountain next weekend, do they have a choo choo that goes around the park?

ZahZoo
07-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Is it too much to ask for a bit of a "show". That could be anything...I don't need a flock of midgets or dancing beaver or Animation. Just make it look like you thought about the audience and created something unique for the tour...if there was an album that would help.

I am a bit surprised they didn't pack the DTNA girl along for the tour...

Hell... shoot off some fireworks during the opening song if they keep LUTS... these are mostly outdoor gigs!!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-18-2015, 11:51 AM
I am a bit surprised they didn't pack the DTNA girl along for the tour...

Hell... shoot off some fireworks during the opening song if they keep LUTS... these are mostly outdoor gigs!!

It's obvious they're not looking to spend a shitload of money on aesthetics....

Very bland stage, outside of the drum riser (oh yay).....

Even the video screen doesn't appear to be used nearly as much as the previous tours, not to mention it's half the size now....

I dunno, I think realistically it's what we should expect from 3 60'ish guys on stage for 2 hours....

Catfish
07-18-2015, 01:23 PM

This is a great post. Hits a lot of my favorite hating points.

Catfish
07-18-2015, 01:26 PM

This is a great post. Hits a lot of my favorite hating points.

I actually looked up that video just now to see how fat and bloated that fuck is. Gave it 20 seconds and had to stop. What a faker. And is he really STILL pulling that shit where he dresses himself and the band members in the local sports team's attire to get cheap cheers?? What a motherfuckin sell out cocksuck. I'm sure his black guitar player is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan... Die in a fire, fatboy.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-18-2015, 04:27 PM
#EddieVanHalen #DiamondDave #MountainView #VanHalen #EVH #DLR A photo posted by Patrick Bertinelli (@pbertinelli) on Jul 18, 2015 at 12:52pm PDT

WARF
07-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Little Guitars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8qFDCIo6A