PDA

View Full Version : Hillary 'wiped her server clean'

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
WASHINGTON (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/us/politics/no-copies-of-hillary-clinton-emails-on-server-lawyer-says.html?_r=0) — An examination of the server that housed the personal email account that Hillary Rodham Clinton used exclusively when she was secretary of state showed that there are no copies of any emails she sent during her time in office, her lawyer told a congressional committee on Friday.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Gn4ntvXmEbNmpuTb7CWlaQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztpbD1wbGFuZTtweG 9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/d7fb20b9356f960d710f6a70670020de.jpg

After her representatives determined which emails were government-related and which were private, a setting on the account was changed to retain only emails sent in the previous 60 days, her lawyer, David Kendall, said. He said the setting was altered after she gave the records to the government.

“Thus, there are no hdr22@clintonemail.com emails from Secretary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state on the server for any review, even if such review were appropriate or legally authorized,” Mr. Kendall said in a letter to the House select committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The committee subpoenaed the server this month, asking Mrs. Clinton to hand it over to a third party so it could determine which emails were personal and which were government records.

At a news conference this month, Mrs. Clinton appeared to provide two answers about whether she still had copies of her emails. First, she said that she “chose not to keep” her private personal emails after her lawyers had examined the account and determined on their own which ones were personal and which were State Department records. But later, she said that the server, which contained personal communication by her and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, “will remain private.” The server was kept at their home in Chappaqua, N.Y., which is protected around the clock by the Secret Service.

Mrs. Clinton’s disclosure on Friday only heightened suspicions by the committee’s chairman, Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, about how she handled her emails, and it is likely to lead to more tension between her and the committee.

Mr. Gowdy said in a written statement that it appeared that Mrs. Clinton deleted the emails after Oct. 28, when the State Department first asked her to turn over emails that were government records.

“Not only was the secretary the sole arbiter of what was a public record, she also summarily decided to delete all emails from her server, ensuring no one could check behind her analysis in the public interest,” Mr. Gowdy said.

Mrs. Clinton’s “unprecedented email arrangement with herself and her decision nearly two years after she left office to permanently delete all emails” had deprived Americans of a full record of her time in office, he added.

Mr. Gowdy said that Mrs. Clinton would have to answer questions from Congress about her decision, but he did not say whether that would be at a hearing or a private interview.

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton said in a statement, “She’s ready and willing to come and appear herself for a hearing open to the American public.”

The spokesman, Nick Merrill, added that Mrs. Clinton’s representatives “have been in touch with the committee and the State Department to make clear that she would like her emails made public as soon as possible.”

The ranking Democrat on the committee, Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, defended Mrs. Clinton’s disclosure.

“This confirms what we all knew — that Secretary Clinton already produced her official records to the State Department, that she did not keep her personal emails, and that the select committee has already obtained her emails relating to the attacks in Benghazi,” Mr. Cummings said.

In the letter, Mr. Kendall offered a defense for the process Mrs. Clinton had used to differentiate between personal messages and government records. He said that those procedures were consistent with guidelines from the National Archives and the State Department, which say that an individual can make the decision about what should be preserved as a federal record.

So, Mr. Kendall contended, the process Mrs. Clinton used was “not an ‘arrangement’ that is ‘unprecedented’ or ‘unique,’ but instead the normal procedure carried out by tens of thousands of agency officials and employees in the ordinary course.”

Mrs. Clinton’s review of her emails, however, did not occur when she was secretary of state or shortly after she left office. Last October, nearly two years after she left office, the State Department sent her a letter requesting all government records, like emails, she may have possessed.

In response, she provided the State Department in December with about 30,000 printed emails that she said were government records. She has said that an additional 30,000 emails were personal.

It appears that Mrs. Clinton still has copies of the emails she deemed public records. Attached to Mr. Kendall’s letter was one sent to him by the State Department this week. A letter from the under secretary of state for management, Patrick F. Kennedy, said that the department understood that she wanted to keep copies of those documents. Mr. Kennedy said that the agency had consulted with the National Archives, and that allowing her “access to the documents is in the public interest as it will promote informed discussion” as she responds to congressional and other inquiries.

Mrs. Clinton cannot make the emails public without the State Department’s approval. Mr. Kennedy said that if the State Department determined that any of the documents were classified, “additional steps will be required to safeguard and protect the information.” Mrs. Clinton has said she had no classified information in her emails.

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Whore...

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Progress...:rolleyes:

guwapo_rocker
03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2iszdj8.jpg

Bill wiped her server clean.

kwame k
03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Who gives a fuck! The two choices are going to be Bush and Clinton..........either one will take us to war with Iran! So more war and another Great Recession is our future, period!

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 05:43 PM
I'll be voting for the independent candidate...

kwame k
03-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Let's see my first vote ever for President was Ross Perot, last election was for Rocky Anderson! I don't know who'll vote for but I know who I won't vote for! Another Bush or Clinton!

VAiN
03-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Fuck Hillary.. Anyone but her. She is everything I hate about politics.

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 06:30 PM
I agree with that...

Fairwrning
03-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Could Hilary Clinton be the Devil?

http://manilovefilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/waterboy3.jpg

ELVIS
03-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Could Hilary Clinton be the Devil?

More so than Obomba...

TFM_Dale
03-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I don't know who'll vote for but I know who I won't vote for! Another Bush or Clinton!

Amen to that buddy!

Nickdfresh
03-28-2015, 07:23 PM

http://woody.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554ad4924883301116883f020970c-pi

Nitro Express
03-29-2015, 03:52 PM
I want to throw some water on Hillary and see if she melts. If that doesn't work just drop a house on top of her.

FORD
03-29-2015, 04:09 PM

Jill Stein may be running again. I don't know about Rocky Anderson though. :(

Nitro Express
03-29-2015, 04:16 PM
The political system at this point is completely broken. Both parties will never let a candidate of the people ever get the nomination.

kwame k
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
This was true when he said this, it's true today and unfortunately, this will still be true tomorrow!

Amazing how accurate this guy is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna vote for the black dude!

FORD
03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Who? Herman Cain? I doubt he's running again after his "999 problems and a bitch is 14 of them" scandal last time. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr0eA4mVzYw

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Surely there's got to be at least one cool black dude who can run. I mean really cool. Like Shaft cool. And speak late 60s/early 70s jive - exclusively.

vandeleur
03-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Samuel l Jackson would rock , Mr Putin muther fukka pleased to meet you.

FORD
03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Samuel l Jackson would rock , Mr Putin muther fukka pleased to meet you.

Yeah, I could deal with that. The State of The Union would lead off with a line about "Motherfucking snakes in my motherfucking Congress"

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 06:05 PM
I like it but he'd have to wear a serious Afro. Nobody fucks wth a jive talkin bad ass with an Afro.

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Serious Afro - check
Bad ass mustache - check
Carries a big ass pistol - check
Speaks jive - check

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the next President of The United States - Black Dynamite!!

http://s21.postimg.org/rw83k4w5j/084903_BF_1_F07_46_AC_9_C76_084_C694_E96_B8_png_zp sci3e.jpg

Seshmeister
03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
I looked it up because of the numbers seeming weird.

Ok I'm not the US Secretary of State but Hillary seems to be playing the 'I don't understand email and Bill and I don't use it so much' card.

I work in technology, I'm now doing this site and running a gigging band and I've sent 1800 emails since 2012, how many is Hillary claiming?

kwame k
03-29-2015, 10:41 PM
30,000 personal and 30,000 professional emails!

You're right, Sesh!

Jesus, how the fuck could you have that many correspondences?

Reminds me what an accountant told me about getting audited.........bring everything you have thrown in a box with zero filing order! The more chaos, the less likely they'll go through everything!

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Total sent and received emails for me averages around probably 70 a day. Obviously it fluctuates. So we'll say around 15,000 a year.

kwame k
03-29-2015, 10:57 PM
I rarely use email anymore!

Seshmeister
03-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Total sent and received emails for me averages around probably 70 a day. Obviously it fluctuates. So we'll say around 15,000 a year.

Hmm yeah I'm doubting my own shit at this point, I must have sent more than 1800 emails in 4 years that's only a few a day. I think it's because I've been moving around devices.

My point still stands though that she can't have it both ways claiming she doesn't really use it but also have 60 000.

These days despite what people would like to think the president's main power by far is military adventures and not a huge amount else. I don't think Hilary is the best person for that role.

She's too old anyway, or should be.

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 11:21 PM
My example is mainly work related email. But then again I do send personal emails with my work email. Nothing that I would want the company to see or really private. I have two personal email accounts too. Now on those I probably only send 5 or so a week.

kwame k
03-29-2015, 11:29 PM
FB, texts, face to face meetings and phone calls, pretty much is my life!

Other than a confirmation for a purchase or things I have to have a hard copy of (banking, taxes and licensing) I rarely us email!

DONNIEP
03-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Donnie don't do Facebook these days. I got sick of people I used to know who I did not want to be friends with messaging me and sending me friend requests. The only reason I even opened the damn account was to more easily communicate with all the dance moms while my kid was in dance and competitive cheerleading. Then I got updates of almost every single minute of their lives and it nearly drove me insane.

kwame k
03-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Wow! My FB feed is happening, no bullshit or drama!

It helps that about 30 vets from here are my friends on FB!

TFM_Dale
03-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Facebook? What the fuck is that?

kwame k
03-29-2015, 11:56 PM
It's a place they don't allow the misuse of to, two, too or tout!

So you're probably banned from there :yo:

TFM_Dale
03-30-2015, 12:04 AM
It's a place they don't allow the misuse of to, two, too or tout!

So you're probably banned from there :yo:

Damn, it sounded so nice 2totootwotout

Seshmeister
03-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Donnie don't do Facebook these days. I got sick of people I used to know who I did not want to be friends with messaging me and sending me friend requests. The only reason I even opened the damn account was to more easily communicate with all the dance moms while my kid was in dance and competitive cheerleading. Then I got updates of almost every single minute of their lives and it nearly drove me insane.

It's easy enough to switch that off.

vandeleur
03-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Fb is the pits , fuck em and their eating habits if you ain't seen them since school :D

DONNIEP
03-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Fb is the pits , fuck em and their eating habits if you ain't seen them since school :D

What's worse is having borderline nutty ex girlfriends send you a friend request.

ELVIS
03-31-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm doubting my own shit at this point...

It's about time...

Welcome to reality...

ELVIS
03-31-2015, 05:02 PM
A House panel Tuesday formally requested Hillary Clinton to testify about the private server and email account she used while serving as secretary of state.

Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2562301)

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/EDdkuE2szk7aW3jhN4qozg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTMwMDtpbD1wbGFuZTtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz00NTA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2015-03-26T131802Z_1_LYNXMPEB2P0RD_RTROPTP_2_USA-POLITICS-CLINTON.JPG

Rep. Trey Gowdy, chairman of the Select Committee on Benghazi, sent a request to Clinton's personal attorney, David E. Kendall, requesting that Clinton appear before the committee no later than May 1 for a transcribed interview about the server and email.

The request comes after Kendall told Gowdy that the server had been wiped clean and that it would be impossible to recover the 30,000 emails Clinton deleted last year.

Gowdy, in his request to Kendall, also asked Clinton to "reconsider" her refusal to turn over the server to a neutral third party, which he called "highly unusual, if not unprecedented."

Clinton said she only deleted personal emails and turned over every work-related message to the State Department, which is reviewing the data to filter out classified information.

"Because of the Secretary's unique arrangement with herself as it relates to public records during and after her tenure as Secretary of State." Gowdy wrote, "this Committee is left with no alternative but to request Secretary Clinton appear before this Committee for a transcribed interview to better understand decisions the Secretary made relevant to the creation, maintenance, retention, and ultimately deletion of public records."

In Tuesday's letter, Gowdy warned that Clinton's decision not to turn over the server, "the House of Representatives as a whole will need to consider its next steps."

Rep. Elijah Cummings, of Maryland, who serves as the top Democrat on the Benghazi panel, said in a statement to the Washington Examiner that Gowdy's depiction of Clinton is inaccurate because Clinton has always been willing to talk to the panel under oath.

“Secretary Clinton agreed to testify months ago — in public and under oath — so the Select Committee’s claim that it has no choice but to subject her to a private staff interview is inaccurate," Cummings said. "Rather than drag out this political charade into 2016 and selectively leak portions of a closed-door interview, the Committee should schedule the public hearing, make her records public and re-focus its efforts on the attacks in Benghazi.”

The House has the power to subpoena the server, but neither Gowdy nor House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, will say whether it will use that authority. Boehner has demanded Clinton turn over the server.

Gowdy said he wants a neutral party to examine the deleted emails to find out of there is any information related to the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. The House panel wants to examine the State Department's role before, during and after the attack.

Gowdy noted in the letter that even though Clinton said she deleted the emails, it is "technically possible," to retrieve them.