PDA

View Full Version : Official Atlanta Music Midtown September 18 or 19, 2015 Meetup/Review Thread

rwc
03-31-2015, 12:18 PM
Ok. I admit it. I'm starting a rumor, but it's a good one.

I think Van Halen will headline Music Midtown in Atlanta Georgia this year (2015).

Here's why:
There is no Georgia date on the 2015 tour schedule
Van Halen will be in the South East during that time (Birmingham AL on 9/17)
There is a gap in the tour - no tour dates scheduled for Friday 9/18 or Saturday 9/19.
The tour includes a Friday or Saturday show EVERY week EXCEPT 9/18-19
Music Midtown is 9/18 and 9/19

I know the moderators will be tempted to delete this thread.
Please be like Dave & don't stand in the way of a good rumor.

damngoodtimes
03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
rwc, I agree with you. In fact, I'd put better than 50/50 odds on them headlining on Saturday 9/19. It won't be Friday, as you'll notice that they are not doing any back-to-back nights (a good idea for tour longevity at 60 years old). Saturday, however, is a big glaring hole in the schedule. Here's what I posted in the Raleigh thread:

"I don't know anything official, but I'm betting they are going to headline Music Midtown here in Atlanta on Saturday 9/19 (they've got an open slot between Birmingham on the 17th and Austin on the 21st); can't announce until MM unveils the whole lineup (usually announce in April sometime)."

rwc
06-23-2015, 09:56 AM
As expected. Van Halen will be at Music Midtown 2015.
Of course, half the crowd will expect them to play "Right Now" and "Top of the World". Too bad for them.

http://www.musicmidtown.com

damngoodtimes
06-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes. Very excited for this one! They just added Alice in Chains also. Hopefully, same stage on Saturday.