PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots Fleeing Man 8 Times, Claims His Life Was Endangered

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Infowars

Video has emerged of a police officer shooting and killing a man who was running away from him after a traffic stop. The footage directly contradicts the officer’s story, and has led to charges of murder being brought against the cop.

The incident occurred in North Charleston, SC, when 50-year-old Walter Scott fled from the scene of a traffic stop, because there was a warrant out for his arrest.

Officer Michael Slager, aged 33, stopped Scott for a broken tail light. When Scott ran, Slager pursued him into a park area, catching up to him.

In his report, Officer Slager had claimed that when he got out his Taser, Scott attempted to grab it, prompting Slager to fatally shoot him because he felt his life was in danger.

Slager was unaware, however, that a nearby quick thinking resident began filming the incidentjust in time to capture the cop, from at least 20 feet away, slugging Scott 8 times in the back as he ran away. The cop then yelled at Scott to put his hands behind his back, and cuffed him.

The man filming the video remained quiet and kept his distance, as another officer appeared on the scene. Both cops were unaware they were being filmed.

Officer Slager is even seen in the video taking his taser and dropping it next to Scott’s by then lifeless body, presumably in an attempt to plant evidence to back up his false account. The video ends with the officer checking Scott’s pulse. He is clearly aware that the man is probably dead or dying.

“I can tell you that as a result of that video and the bad decision made by our officer he will be charged with murder and that’s not something that we like to hear,” Mayor R. Keith Summey told reporters at a press conference.

Before the video emerged, Slager’s attorney, David Aylor, had defended the cop’s actions, stating that “Officer Slager believes he followed all the proper procedures and policies of the North Charleston Police Department.”

“The driver tried to overpower Officer Slager in an effort to take his Taser.” Aylor had also stated.

However, since viewing the damning footage, the attorney summarily dropped Slager as his client. “I’m no longer involved in form or fashion,” Aylor told reporters.

Slager is now on administrative leave indefinitely while the case is being investigated by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

The warrant for Scott’s arrest was related to missed child support payments. Records show he had a history of arrests, mostly related to child support payments and contempt of court charges. In other words, the man was not a violent thug or a criminal.

“Walter was a nice, good, honest person… He was a grown man working hard to take care of his family,” Samuel Scott, the victim’s cousin said to local reporters.

This incident goes to show how important it is for citizens to film police activity in the neighborhoods. Without video evidence in this case, the police officer would most likely have gotten away with gunning down someone who posed little, if any, threat to him, then outright lying about it.

Indeed, The State reports that “Police in South Carolina have fired their weapons at 209 suspects in the past five years, and a handful of officers have been accused of pulling the trigger illegally – but none has being convicted.”

Von Halen
04-08-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't care what color the Cop, or the victim is, this is just wrong.

I believe this officer will be convicted for his crime.

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 11:48 AM
He needs to be executed !!

Kristy
04-08-2015, 12:12 PM
He needs to rot in prison where no doubt he will be beaten to death unless the corrupt DA can manipulate his case.

Seshmeister
04-08-2015, 12:47 PM
How often does this happen and no one videos it?

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Daily, or better...

Von Halen
04-08-2015, 12:54 PM
How often does this happen and no one videos it?

Police killed 111 people in March 2015. I'm sure most of those were justified, and some were not.

Seshmeister
04-08-2015, 01:09 PM
During the whole of 2013 in the UK the police fired guns on 3 occasions - no one was killed.

Seshmeister
04-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Going back to all that conspiracy crap about Charlie Ebdo yet again that video shows how unlike Hollywood real shootings are.

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Yep...

It also demonstrates why lots of us have lots of guns...

Kristy
04-08-2015, 04:23 PM
And this demonstrates why Trollvis should never have access to gun and why America needs better mental health care:

Gun violence remains a prevailing and controversial issue in the United States, especially when coupled with mental health. Although criminal and mental health-related gun ownership restrictions do exist, withholding access to guns from people with anger issues would be a dubious proposition, at best. A team of researchers from Duke, Harvard, and Columbia universities have found that one out of every 10 Americans has a history of impulsive and angry behavior, as well as access to a gun.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 59,000 people were injured by the intentional use of a firearm in 2012, along with 11,622 people who died as the result of a violent gun incident.

"As we try to balance constitutional rights and public safety regarding people with mental illness, the traditional legal approach has been to prohibit firearms from involuntarily-committed psychiatric patients," Dr. Jeffrey Swanson, professor in psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke Medicine, said in a statement. "But now we have more evidence that current laws don't necessarily keep firearms out of the hands of a lot of potentially dangerous individuals."

Swanson and his colleagues gathered data on 5,563 face-to-face interviews using the National Comorbidity Study Replication (NCS-R), a nationally representative survey of mental disorders in the U.S. led by Harvard in the early 2000s. Individuals prone to angry behavior who also have access to a gun tend to be young or middle-aged men who are known to lose their tempers, destroy property, or get into physical confrontations.

"Gun violence and serious mental illness are two very important but distinct public health issues that intersect only at their edges," Swanson added.

Findings revealed that around nine percent of people in the U.S. have a history of anger and impulsiveness as well as direct access to at least one gun. Survey respondents in possession of six or more firearms were more likely to carry a gun outside of the home and have history of impulsiveness compared to those with one or two firearms. Angry people with access to a gun were also at a higher risk for common psychiatric conditions, such as personality disorders, alcohol abuse, anxiety, and PTSD.

"Very few people in this concerning group suffer from the kinds of disorders that often lead to involuntary commitment and which would legally prohibit them from buying a gun," said Dr. Ronald Kessler, professor of health care policy at Harvard and principal investigator of the NCS-R survey.

Less than 10 percent of “angry people” had ever been admitted to the hospital for a psychiatric or substance abuse problem, meaning mental health-related restrictions regarding gun ownership would apply to them. The research team called attention to “dangerous persons” gun removal laws in Connecticut and Indiana as well as the “gun violence restraining order” law recently enacted in California as an effective way of keeping guns out of the hands of people prone to dangerous actions.

Source: Kessler R, Swanson J, et al. Behavioral Sciences and the Law. 2015.

Seshmeister
04-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Yep...

It also demonstrates why lots of us have lots of guns...

It demonstrates that some cops shoot you if you run away from them and then fix the crime scene.

Not sure how you being armed would have helped in that situation.

Another thing was the guy running away wasn't exactly Usain Bolt...

Kristy
04-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Another thing was the guy running away wasn't exactly Usain Bolt...

Probably what made him so threatening to the white cop.

I'm not sure what will happen to Michael Slager, although his arraignment via closed circuit TV was rather interesting. Seems both the police and judicial system in Bum Fuck Where North Carolina are doing their best to keep a lid on this by not transporting him. Even if Slager is convicted of second degree murder I highly doubt he will serve serious time either by a DA plea deal or he is simply beaten to death. The social order/ladder in prison is quite real - a white cop in a state prison where black to white ratio is about 17:1. Even if convicted and he does survive to serve his term it will be at a heavy taxpayer expense. Preferential Treatment?

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 06:14 PM
The social order/ladder in prison is quite real

You'd probably know...

Kristy
04-08-2015, 07:37 PM
I do know.

ELVIS
04-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm sure you think you do...

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
04-08-2015, 08:06 PM
he wont serve time it's the dukes of hazerd in sc
death penilty is the right call for that pig

Anonymous
04-09-2015, 11:11 PM
This is from Mark Evanier's newsfromme blog (http://www.newsfromme.com/2015/04/09/almost-side-by-side/)...

(Almost) Side-by-Side
Published Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 8:14 AM

When I went to Facebook this morning, I found these two images a few inches from each other on my screen…

http://s29.postimg.org/ajfmztsvb/facebookpost01.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/e4bij1xev/facebookpost02.jpg

Cheers! :beers:

Kristy
04-09-2015, 11:20 PM
How shocking. Those who are pushing this Bill seem to be rather...nevermind.

lesfunk
04-09-2015, 11:56 PM
After Furguson, it was "don't fight with the cops" you'll get shot.
After this on I guess it's " don't run from the cops" you'll get shot.
What's next? Don't look at the cops?
I thank Christ every day for being white.

vandeleur
04-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Or pregnant , seemingly the cops beat them up to.
Am getting old I remember the days before american cops hogged you tube.

Von Halen
04-10-2015, 10:24 AM
After Furguson, it was "don't fight with the cops" you'll get shot.
What's next? Don't look at the cops?
I thank Christ every day for being white.

Be thankful you are a law abiding citizen, if you are. :D

Here is a much longer version of the video, that appears to show the cop throwing the taser down by the guy he just shot in the back.

Fairwrning
04-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Anybody see the 6-8 cops beating the dude in Arizona that was on a a horse..geezz..that dude got pulverized..

binnie
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure I understand the logic of 'planting' the taser. The autopsy would show that the guy was shot in the back from range (i.e. he was running away) - how could that be conceived as a 'threat'?

God only knows why the guy was running (and I'm not victim-blaming, I just don't know why), but this really is shocking.

VetteLS5
04-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Silly, he was obviously running away to go get some guns to shoot at the cop, hence the sense of imminent danger.

And holy shit... Ima's back in town too!

VetteLS5
04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Cheers! :beers:

Welcome back you silly goose.

Von Halen
04-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure I understand the logic of 'planting' the taser. The autopsy would show that the guy was shot in the back from range (i.e. he was running away) - how could that be conceived as a 'threat'?

God only knows why the guy was running (and I'm not victim-blaming, I just don't know why), but this really is shocking.

He was running away because according to his parents, he "didn't want to get arrested again". He had a bench warrant, and owed $18k in child support. Not sure how he was buying that Mercedes on Monday, but whatever. Supposedly the planting of the taser was to show that the officer feared for his life. If the guy had tased him, theoretically, he could have then grabbed the officers gun and killed him with it. The cop should have just let the guy run. He had his license, and knew all of his info. They could have picked him up later. He flat murdered that dude, and it's on video. Thank goodness, because that pretty much takes any speculation or conspiracy theories out of the equation. That cop murdered this guy, and I believe he will pay for it with his freedom, and probably his life as well.

Nickdfresh
04-10-2015, 09:29 PM
...The cop should have just let the guy run. He had his license, and knew all of his info. They could have picked him up later. He flat murdered that dude....

He could even have chased him like TJ Hooker and tazed him. As Sesh said, the victim wasn't Usan Bolt by any means. Cold blooded murder and summary execution...

The fact they didn't even try to give him first aid and seemingly let him die so he couldn't talk is especially damning...

Igosplut
04-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Strange for a cop to fuck up that bad. He had to have an outside motive. Whatever that have might have been.

Kristy
04-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Strange for a cop to fuck up that bad. He had to have an outside motive. Whatever that have might have been.

What country do you live in?

Whitetrashutopia?

Nickdfresh
04-12-2015, 05:36 PM

I think his motive was being a lazy, fuckhead asshole...