PDA

View Full Version : EyeHandy - Useful DIY YouTube Channel

Seshmeister
04-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Covers some awkward household jobs very well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIUouYp83UM&index=19&list=PL8UxSW1uroI3UQvSN61UP5XUvS58Pd0GQ

E.g.

DLR Bridge
04-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Oh that's just wrong! She was opening the valve, not closing it at 22 second mark.

Sorry. Son of a plumber. Carry on.

Jérôme Frenchise
04-14-2015, 04:08 PM
What valve?

Von Halen
04-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Oh that's just wrong! She was opening the valve, not closing it at 22 second mark.

Know how we know you're gay? :D

DLR Bridge
04-14-2015, 11:19 PM
I was makin' a funny.

But it is righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Seshmeister
04-15-2015, 06:18 AM
Wait are we still talking about the valve? :)

DLR Bridge
04-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Wait are we still talking about the valve? :)

I'm sure there are a few other mistakes I could find, if you'd like. I'd rather focus on the view.

(Good enough save? :biggrin: )

DLR Bridge
04-15-2015, 07:20 AM
By the was Sesh, what in the name of Kermit the frog jacking off Fozzy bear is going on in your avatar? Yikes!

DLR Bridge
04-15-2015, 07:29 AM
http://youtu.be/E1m6Qct68wo

For my gun totin' chums.

Careful cleanin' them gunz!

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!" - Santa Claus

Seshmeister
04-15-2015, 09:00 AM
By the was Sesh, what in the name of Kermit the frog jacking off Fozzy bear is going on in your avatar? Yikes!

Lego Exorcist. :)

Anonymous
04-15-2015, 09:39 AM
I approve of that avatar for the simple reason that that scene is highly memorable for me.

You see, many years ago, I was watching that film with a two friends. One of them was highly scared, just about shitting his pants. The other was scared enough not to say anything throughout the whole thing, but for some reason, I was highly amused.

I love horror films & I'm easily scared if the medium delivering the horror allows me to use my imagination. To this day, I still can't finish Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

But the Exorcist, classic though it is, doesn't leave anything to the imagination. It's all being fed to you right there in the screen.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was entertained for all the wrong reasons, when all of a sudden, the girl grabs the cross & starts, huh... well, inserting it. My eyebrows shot up in disbelief. "Now, THIS is some disturbing shit", I thought. "I guess this really is a horror film, after all".

But just as I was squirming in discomfort, the "girl" blurts out "Let Jesus fuck you! Let Jesus fuck you!" Well, that was it, for me... I burst out laughing & it was all downhill from there. Way to go, guys. Sabotaging your own film.

Assholes.

Cheers! :beers:

Seshmeister
04-15-2015, 09:57 AM
I think it disturbs people most if they believe in all that stuff plus it was made a long time ago now.

My friends dad is high up in the Greek church and does their exorcisms, got called away on an emergency one last year.

Anonymous
04-15-2015, 10:11 AM
I think it's the former. Hammer films were also made a long time ago, yet they still hold up quite well. Hell, even the old Universal Monster films are really good.

But the Exorcist banks everything on your fear of the Devil & then proceeds to do absolutely nothing at all with it. Nobody dies, there's no real threat at any time & the build-up is absolutely non-existent. The whole plot is delivered in the first five minutes & then it's nothing but a special effects show.

I get that it was a low-budget affair, but so was the Evil Dead.

I still recommend watching the Exorcist, but only for its historical value in popular culture.

Cheers! :beers:

DONNIEP
04-15-2015, 11:01 AM
My friends dad is high up in the Greek church and does their exorcisms, got called away on an emergency one last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI