PDA

View Full Version : meanwhile in Nepal

jacksmar
04-27-2015, 08:20 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/27/world/asia/amid-the-destruction-of-nepal-earthquake-grace-and-hope-found.html?_r=0

KATMANDU, Nepal — There has not been a day in the two years I have lived in Nepal that I haven’t thought about earthquakes. They were, in many ways, my obsession.

Katmandu sits on a major geological fault, and the Big One has been long overdue. My husband always tried to get me to laugh it off. “Earthquakes aren’t like pregnancies,” he said. “They don’t have due dates.” Besides, we had lived through three small quakes. No big deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.countercurrents.org/print.html

Nepal Earthquakes And Global Warming

By Dr. Vivek Kumar Srivastava

One of the most significant features of contemporary Homo sapiens is that they wake up after the mishappening has taken place. They take no proactive measures on the issues of the natural disasters. Earthquakes in Nepal-India are its glaring illustration where Homo sapiens has failed to exhibit its intelligence.

But one thing is common in both that both are underground abnormal earth’s activities. This also requires a deep investigation, whether any change in the pressure on the earth’s crust or inside deep areas have any adverse impact on the development of these natural disasters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and all this time I thought it was due to fracking........................

Kristy
04-27-2015, 08:47 PM
But one thing is common in both that both are underground abnormal earth’s activities. This also requires a deep investigation, whether any change in the pressure on the earth’s crust or inside deep areas have any adverse impact on the development of these natural disasters.

Are you hoping to find this is where the "Kenyan houseboy" real birth certificate may actually be?

jacksmar
04-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Are you hoping to find this is where the "Kenyan houseboy" real birth certificate may actually be?

Where do you think you are? Gabon?

the Kenyan houseboy is 1/2 Kenyan. Hillbilly Clinton says he'd carry his bags.

Here's what we know:

Teutonic plate interaction does NOT causes earthquakes. global warming in the U.S. produced by Wisconsin dairy cattle and NYC cigarette smoke does..............

vandeleur
04-28-2015, 06:43 AM
Teutonic .... As in German ? :D

Seshmeister
04-28-2015, 07:24 AM
The esteemed Dr 'expert' in this new woo theory is actually a lecturer in Marketing at a pretty shitty business school in India.

http://www.kanpuruniversity.org/business_management.htm

ELVIS level source... :D

jacksmar
04-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Teutonic .... As in German ? :D

as in German for tectonic...

as in my Win 7 speech recognition thinks i'm bob crane..........

Nickdfresh
04-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Where do you think you are? Gabon?

the Kenyan houseboy is 1/2 Kenyan. Hillbilly Clinton says he'd carry his bags.

He's not "half-Kenyon" anymore than I'm quarter Irish. He's more of a self-made American success story than you are....

jacksmar
04-28-2015, 06:04 PM
He's not "half-Kenyon" anymore than I'm quarter Irish. He's more of a self-made American success story than you are....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/nepal-tells-aid-agencies-it-does-not-need-more-rescue-teams-1.2191754

The Irish Times

Nepal tells aid agencies it does not need more rescue teams
Prime minister Sushil Koirala says death toll could reach 10,000 following earthquake

Nepal has told aid agencies it does not need more foreign rescue teams to help search for survivors of Saturday’s 7.9 magnitude earthquake, because its government and military could cope, the national head of the United Nations Development Programme said.

Experts have said the chance of finding people alive in the ruins was slim, more than four days after the disaster.

“After the first 72 hours, the survival rate drops dramatically and we are on day four,” said Wojtek Wilk of the Polish Centre for International Aid, an NGO which has six medical staff and 81 firefighters in Nepal. “On the fifth day it’s next to zero.”