PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bourdain to Open International Food Hall in NYC

Nickdfresh
05-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Anthony Bourdain in Negotiations to Open His Food Hall on Pier 57
by Marguerite Preston May 13, 2015, 4:33p @marguerite_s_p

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_AcGJwrOkHrxi0jZXS4GHE6HYgk=/38x0:3814x2832/800x600/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46329520/GettyImages-458838094.0.jpg
Larry French/Getty Images

Bourdain Market will probably move in to the newly redeveloped SuperPier.

After months and months of speculation and rumors, we finally know where Anthony Bourdain is looking to open his mega food hall: Pier 57, aka the SuperPier. Congratulations to all the tipsters out there who guessed correctly – this was one of the biggest restaurant real estate mysteries in recent memory. Commercial Observer hears that the chef/author/famous TV food person is currently in negotiations for a 100,000 square foot space on the pier, which is currently undergoing a major redevelopment. Bourdain Market, which will supposedly include a farmers market, an oyster bar, a rooftop beer garden, a tapas bar, and a bakery, as well as an international array of Singaporean hawker-style food stalls, should occupy just about all the retail space that the pier has.

It sounds like no deal has been signed yet, but it could be imminent, and Bourdain's partner on the project, Stephen Werther, has said the market will open by early 2016. This is great news for everyone, but especially for all the Google employees who will be taking over most of the pier's office space.

NY Eater (http://ny.eater.com/2015/5/13/8602199/anthony-bourdain-in-negotiations-to-open-his-food-hall-on-pier-57)

chefcraig
05-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Bordain is one of my few heroes. His gripping about the food industry and working in a kitchen drew me to him immediately. I've read everything he has written (including a slim volume about Typhoid Mary and the resulting effects of cleaning up New York streets and waters for food service), and watch everything he throws at tv.

Good for him. He ain't no angel and freely admits it. Ya gotta like that...

Nitro Express
05-15-2015, 03:12 AM
Bordain is one of my few heroes. His gripping about the food industry and working in a kitchen drew me to him immediately. I've read everything he has written (including a slim volume about Typhoid Mary and the resulting effects of cleaning up New York streets and waters for food service), and watch everything he throws at tv.

Good for him. He ain't no angel and freely admits it. Ya gotta like that...

I haven't gotten around to reading his Kitchen Confidential book yet. Enjoyed watching his shows.

chefcraig
05-15-2015, 07:43 PM
I haven't gotten around to reading his Kitchen Confidential book yet. Enjoyed watching his shows.

Pick up anything with his name on it. I am not joking. Erudite, concise, sarcastic, urbane, ironic, damned right steeled to the teeth filled with truth...this is what you are seeking if you ever worked in the food industry.

Even for twelve minutes....you will not necessarily find joy...then again, ya might.:yo:

Nickdfresh
05-16-2015, 07:06 AM
I recommend Kitchen Confidential to anyone that loves stuff like "Bar Rescue"...

His food court will be a massive Asian influenced mix that will have a Blade Runner theme influenced by Singaporean market food stalls: http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/anthony-bourdain-to-open-giant-blade-runner-themed-food-market-in-new-york-city/