PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen - Sweet Emotion ( Aerosmith Cover 75' )

WARF
06-16-2015, 11:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQpo6NgJrw

chefcraig
06-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Thanks! Where do you find this shit?

At this same time, my band was playing Peter Frampton and Kiss covers. Guess you can see who won out.:doh:

WARF
06-17-2015, 02:07 AM
I didn't know you were in a band!

chefcraig
06-17-2015, 10:00 AM
I didn't know you were in a band!

Oh, hell yeah. Let's see...1976. I had a black Ibanez Les Paul (much lighter than a Gibson) strapped to my knees Jimmy Page-style, the hair, shirt and pants (also borrowed from Page), all of Ace Frehley's guitar licks, a Peavey 400 amp with a huge cabinet full of 9 inch speakers (six of 'em) so heavy that it took two, beefy drunk guys to throw it onto the bed of my friend's station wagon.

Couple years later, I discovered VH, punk and country music, and have been warped to the teeth ever since.

Played in several bands, yet finally got tired of the bullshit, Mafia-like club runners and quit outright around 2001.

Still have the hair, yet I play bass more often, and only casually. More often than not, I run the sound for my local library's productions, which while still being a headache, is much more rewarding.

Green Manalishi
06-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Wow - considering that was 1975 and Sweet Emotion was a brand new song at the time - Double Wow !
I can't help but think that if the Beantown Boys ever heard this they must be pooping themselves .