PDA

View Full Version : New Maiden Album - Book Of Souls

rockhead
06-19-2015, 12:07 PM
New Maiden album to be released early September, i dont mind the artwork and more importantly hopefully an Aus tour next year.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maiden-studio-album-the-book-of-souls.html

binnie
06-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Double album and a broad involvement in the creative side of things from the band (rather than just Harris).

I wasn't crazy about 'The Final Frontier'. Part of me hopes that Maiden just make the prog record they've been wanting to make for 15 years rather than compromising by throwing in some 'classic' stuff for the fans.

philouze
06-20-2015, 02:01 AM
To me, Brave New World was the last good Maiden album.
Since then, I haven't purchased any of their releases.
We shall see what this one offers. Terrible artwork, though.
Double album? Mmm... I'm not too keen on that.
But then again, we'll see..

Dave's Bitch
06-20-2015, 06:35 AM
I agree with Phil. I'll youtube this to see if it is worth my money, but my hopes are not too high (maybe I've just become incerdibly jaded). The artwork is kind of uninspired. You would think with a double album entitled "Book Of Souls" the cover would be a bit more in your face.

vandeleur
06-20-2015, 10:52 AM
I enjoyed final frontier thought I was a bit of a return to form , I certainly enjoyed the tour :)

Green Manalishi
06-23-2015, 02:01 PM
May or not be the new album cover but it is most likely the latest EDDIE incarnation . Love this band . I hope this album is a long awaited gem .

binnie
06-24-2015, 09:15 AM
You guys didn't like 'A Matter Of Life And Death'?

Dave's Bitch
06-24-2015, 09:22 AM

Eh, it was ok. There were some decent riffs, but for the most part I didn't think too much of it. It wasn't that it was particularly bad, I just found it quite boring.

Vinnie Velvet
06-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Not crazy about the running time for many of the songs.

Got very tired of the long, drawn out slow intros to their songs since Dance of Death. Tunes that linger on. It became boring.

Final Frontier was pretty good, especially the title track and El Dorado.

We'll see what this new album sounds like. Guess this is Tribal, Amazon Eddie.

Mr. Vengeance
08-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Of the albums since Bruce's return, that one has been my least favourite. Songs weren't inspired or interesting enough. Which is why I can't understand why they insisted on playing the entire thing on that tour.