PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Chris Squire (1948-2015)

philouze
06-28-2015, 12:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk&feature=youtu.be

twonabomber
06-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Great bass player. Waiting for the obligatory "they suck" comments.

Been listening to Drama every now and then. Trevor Horn singing instead of Jon Anderson. Kind of different, some heavier parts.

philouze
06-28-2015, 02:54 PM
My Top 3 Yes albums: (not in order)
Drama
Close To The Edge

cadaverdog
06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Yes was one of those bands you had to be a big fan of to get into the majority of their work. I had to check their discography to remember the name of the other hit they had off Fragile. Long Distance Runaround.
RIP Chris.

philouze
06-28-2015, 03:10 PM
The fish!!!

chefcraig
06-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Oh my... such a shame to hear of his passing. Crap. he was cool, noodling and bonking away on that Rick.

Fair it well, dude. Fair it well. :thumb:

Nitro Express
06-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Chris was great. One of the guys who really could play, had a unique style and great tone. This story he told about Hendrix is pretty funny. RIP Chris Squire.

Nitro Express
06-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Chris doing his thing.

FORD
06-28-2015, 04:22 PM
I might have to drag my old vinyl copy of "Tales From Topographic Oceans" and throw it on the turntable in Chris's honor today.

Or for those of you who don't have the album, just listen here......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwNe2QXwrU

chefcraig
06-28-2015, 05:59 PM
And Jimmy Page rips off again, this time for the Firm...From an experiment with the Yes rhythm section after both bands fell into disarray .

What later became "Fortune Hunter" from the Firm's second album. Some of this stuff ended op on some late dated Yes albums, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek6smE65LlI

vandeleur
06-28-2015, 07:59 PM
I was fucking about to you and I a couple of weeks ago

chefcraig
06-28-2015, 10:06 PM

Huh? :bigwink:

cadaverdog
06-28-2015, 10:51 PM
I wasn't. I play for blood.

Green Manalishi
06-28-2015, 11:57 PM
The YES Album and Fragile did it for me . Not to mention YESSHOWS and YESSONGS , two devastatingly brilliant live albums .
Got to see them 4 times and despite the absolute fact that all 5 members of the classic YES were brilliant musicians , bassist extraordinare Chris Squire was the centerpiece of the band . Loved his renditions of Star Spangled Banner and God Save The Queen during his live solo pieces .
Thanx for the sonic waves Mr. Squire . R.I.P.

SunisinuS
06-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Rip chris

Your sound typified taste. End of an era.

Kristy
06-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Leukemia, huh?

Well I guess. Don't care.

Never got into poggy rock. Always thought it was lame-O slop-poppy jazz for retards who couldn't get themselves a woman y'know, like most of your cretins. Of course, Mr Squire was a pioneer in slop-poppy proggy pseudo-druggy moppy mopey muck he played. Yes had to have been one the most fucking boring bands ever. No wonder they broke up and reformed so many times. They simply bored that shit out of each other. Their lyrics was just as inane and preposterous almost downright childish.

And really, you couldn't do drugs to their shitty records. Well, you could if you had shit drugs to begin with and a were going to work for IBM, sell insurance or be the guy who cleans shit out of the elephant cage at the local zoo. If this is a silver linning I'm sure there was plenty a fuckwit who did heroin to their "concept recordings" only to overdose and die in shame. Give Yes some credit for weeding out the non-functioning gene pool of failed musicians. Yes were also responsible for a lot of cunty bands who played prog like lost short bus morons like Rush and early Styx (who soon found out that prog was absolute shit and opted for power ballads). So fuck you, Chris Squire. You monotonous bass playing was marginal at best. You bored me to the point of root canal pain.

R.I.P. Chris.

Diamondjimi
06-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Eat shit, Fishfolds..

Chris Squire= legend

Kristy = garbage wrapped in skin

Kristy
06-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Eat shit and die a more painful death than Chris, you failed musician frozen hillbilly cunt.

Christ, your mom's cunt must smell like a rotting carp on concrete in the dead of summer. Especially after her polluted womb must have spitted out a waste of shit like you. No wonder you're so obsessed.

Diamondjimi
06-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Woo, I'm so offended!
Lmao. Nice try.

Shouldn't you be trying to formulate a proper grovelling letter to mommy and daddy requesting funds
so you and your husband WART can live together and make little THC addicted waterhead babies?

But then again. Low sperm count and decaying ovaries are not conducive to baby making....

philouze
06-30-2015, 08:44 AM
I developed a sense of laziness when it comes to reading long posts, Kristy's included.
Therefore I'm not offended by anything. Oh, except for Fagcock's posts. Not that they offend me, but I like to troll the faggot.

Again, R.I.P. Chris. Cranking 'Parallels' right now.

Kristy
06-30-2015, 12:32 PM
I developed a sense of laziness when it comes to reading long posts, Kristy's included.

In other words, Obamacare is paying for your Adderall prescription.

philouze
06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Yeah whatever..

Kristy
06-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Remember to take them in moderation now so you can thoroughly enjoy the musings of your gawd-awful shitty dead proggy bass player. Otherwise, you may overdose and Chef would end up being your caretaker.

WARF
06-30-2015, 01:38 PM
My only reaction after hearing this news was....

"YES!"

WARF
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
The only thing worse than a F A T failed musician....

Is a DEAD F A T failed musician....

philouze
06-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Remember to take them in moderation now so you can thoroughly enjoy the musings of your gawd-awful shitty dead proggy bass player. Otherwise, you may overdose and Chef would end up being your caretaker.

http://gifl.ink/yay.gif

vandeleur
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Kristy me ..... Here we go again :bigwink:

philouze
06-30-2015, 01:44 PM

You mean that, after losing his bar he lost his life too?? Poor guy..

Kristy
06-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Kristy me ..... Here we go again :bigwink:

Hey, fuck you, limey. And do you know why?

Because it was the god damn limey who killed music, that's why. Proggy rock was largely a limey invention because you across the pond miscreants couldn't handle Americas having fun to Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry or even Jimi Hendrix. So you made up this unfuckinglistenable shit with lyrics about dragons, mythical woodland creatures and other ridiculousness and turned that into a "concept album." And everybody knows concept albums led to hippies and hippies led to shitty drugs and even shittier music. I fucking HATE hippies! Filthy F A T shits playing their 'Tales From Topolame-O Ocenas' in memory of a F A T alcoholic probably type II diabetic proggy bass player who made them ANOTHER failed musician who post on forums such as this about their shitty guitars which they can barely play. I blame the limey for this breakdown.

Gawd, hearing that shit gives me a severe headache. Even the neighbor's poodle yapping until all hours of the night is bliss when compared to a Yes record.

vandeleur
06-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Cool , thanks for sharing :)

philouze
06-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Hey, fuck you, limey. And do you know why?

Because it was the god damn limey who killed music, that's why. Proggy rock was largely a limey invention because you across the pond miscreants couldn't handle Americas having fun to Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry or even Jimi Hendrix. So you made up this unfuckinglistenable shit with lyrics about dragons, mythical woodland creatures and other ridiculousness and turned that into a "concept album." And everybody knows concept albums led to hippies and hippies led to shitty drugs and even shittier music. I fucking HATE hippies! Filthy F A T shits playing their 'Tales From Topolame-O Ocenas' in memory of a F A T alcoholic probably type II diabetic proggy bass player who made them ANOTHER failed musician who post on forums such as this about their shitty guitars which they can barely play. I blame the limey for this breakdown.

Gawd, hearing that shit gives me a severe headache. Even the neighbor's poodle yapping until all hours of the night is bliss when compared to a Yes record.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/What+s+your+point+vanessa+_015fae9f938dbbc0f312deb 9d3c36d02.jpg

What's your point Vanessa?

Kristy
06-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Was I speaking to you, Adderall fuckwit?

Kristy
06-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Cool , thanks for sharing :)

Anytime.

WARF
06-30-2015, 02:32 PM
owner of a beat less heart....

owner of a beat less heart....

much better than a....

owner of a failed musicians heart.....

Kristy
06-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Owner of a lonely fart much better than a owner of a lonely pop tart.

Yes were awful. Awful!

philouze
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Was I speaking to you, Adderall fuckwit?

Oh yeah, berate me again.. I'm gonna come... And so is WARF..

Kristy
06-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Oh no. Did I upset the French?

Don't do anything stupid, like surrender.

philouze
06-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Oh no. Did I upset the French?

Don't do anything stupid, like surrender.

Oh don't you ever worry... You didn't (and don't) upset me...
Fagroc upsets me..
I like you. Always have.
That's the "nature of the game" here... ;)
Damn I need some weed.. For real!!

Mushroom
06-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Eat shit, Fishfolds..

Chris Squire= legend

Kristy = garbage wrapped in skin

No, no, no...

Kristy = winner

Chris Squire = loser

:headscratch:

WARF
06-30-2015, 07:07 PM
HA!

Canadians are the most WORTHLESS human beings.

A bunch of frozen hillbillies who are yet to spawn one good band from their shit hole country!

Rush, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morrisette etc etc are worthless human waste!

I'm gonna smoke some of this legal WEED kristy sent me :smoke: :lol:

cadaverdog
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM
You mean that, after losing his bar he lost his life too?? Poor guy..
The hounds were at the door. There was nowhere else to run. He wanted to go out like a true rockstar. He made a huge ham sandwich and shoved it in his piehole.

WARF
06-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Am I missing something who LOST a bar?

cadaverdog
06-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Am I missing something who LOST a bar?
Termites?

Diamondjimi
07-01-2015, 07:45 AM
HA!

Canadians are the most WORTHLESS human beings.

A bunch of frozen hillbillies who are yet to spawn one good band from their shit hole country!

Rush, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morrisette etc etc are worthless human waste!

Lmao. You've obviously never been across the border.
It's tough for Jesus loving cousin cousin fuckers like yourself to get across.

Tell us, baldy. What would Jayzus do????