PDA

View Full Version : Koch Brothers - It's The Evil Thing

FORD
07-15-2015, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=73&v=MbykzqJ6ens

Seshmeister
07-15-2015, 10:40 PM
FORD you follow this stuff closer than me but as a liberal how do you feel about the argument that the Koch Brothers have helped move in the US towards gay marriage?

Should we be against big money influence even when it moves things the way we may agree with? I think we should.

That said maybe their influence on that is very over reported since it's happening all over the world and to me it's more about younger people being less bigoted.

FORD
07-15-2015, 11:08 PM
The Kochs themselves are actually right wing Libertarians, not Republicans. They only bankroll the Republican party (and the DLC infiltration into the Democratic party) because third parties can't win in this country, even with all the money they spend.

So while David & Charles Koch personally couldn't care less about things like gay marriage, abortion or smoking weed, they still fund the candidates who DO run on opposition to those "wedge" issues, usually claiming a religious reason for it. And they do so, because the religiously insane are also usually climate science deniers. And the Kochs have a lot of money invested in the oil industry, and in other big pollution generators like Georgia-Pacific (which clearcuts forests and turns the results into paper, cardboard, and plywood. And dumps the toxic byproducts into the nearest body of water)

I would think the fact that many Republicans (except for the most religiously insane) no longer are all that upset by the gays is due to prominent Republican homosexuals coming out of the closet (though not always entirely voluntarily) in recent years. Let's face it, most right wingers probably never considered such a thing as a transgendered Republican could exist, until Caitlyn Jenner revealed her transition AND political affiliation in the same interview :biggrin:

Seshmeister
07-15-2015, 11:25 PM
When politicians or anyone else decry voter apathy or turnout especially on the Democratic side it has to be worth pointing out that fucking Dick Cheney and David Koch have been publicly pro gay marriage for years yet Hillary has been since April 2015.

I guess April 2015 was the exact point when she received the polling data that made that the most advantageous opinion for her to have.

DONNIEP
07-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Global warming and gays...man it must suck to have to worry about those issues every day. Me, I could care less if gay people want to get married. And I could give two shits about global warming. Not one of you - not one single person is going to stop sucking up electricity to post here - none of you are going to reduce your carbon foot print. Hahahahaha...Keep on fighting the good fight. While you're using electricity that's either powered by coal or spent nuclear fuel rods that will contaminate this planet for like 37 gazillion years...

Keep fighting the good fight! Eventually you'll all save the planet while you're using the very fuel that's contaminating this planet one way or another. Unless you've all figured out a way to use wind or solar power and only post to "green" servers that in no way use coal or nuclear power...And I'm sure you'll all tell me how you've figured that out.

Nitro Express
07-16-2015, 02:24 AM
It will be interesting what the attitude on gay marriage will be 30 years from now. Gay marriage has no real history. I has no tradition. It's a fad. Maybe it was tried in the past and failed because there is no real record of it.

FORD
07-16-2015, 02:41 AM
When politicians or anyone else decry voter apathy or turnout especially on the Democratic side it has to be worth pointing out that fucking Dick Cheney and David Koch have been publicly pro gay marriage for years yet Hillary has been since April 2015.

I guess April 2015 was the exact point when she received the polling data that made that the most advantageous opinion for her to have.

Marriage equality may very well be the only issue where Dick Cheney ever landed on the sane side of the issue. Obviously his own daughter played a big part in changing his mind. Without a gay kid, old Heartless Darth would be as homophobic as his other BCE pals (though actually Poppy and Babs did attend a gay wedding up in Maine recently, as hard as it is to picture that)

As for Hillary, yep it's her weather vane politics again. Claiming her policies by whatever is polling well.

Nitro Express
07-16-2015, 02:57 AM
Hillary is a neocon. The Clinton's had ties to the Bush family even before Bill was president. Bill was letting the cocaine fly into Arkansas. It's interesting that HW Bush was the president who paid Obama a visit at the White House. The Clintons and the Obama's don't seem to like each other. Barrack was all smiles with Bush Sr. Maybe we have had BCE affiliated presidents ever since HW got into the White House. Jeb and Hillary. Both BCE.