PDA

View Full Version : My comparison of the 2000 and 2015 Remasters

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-31-2015, 12:39 AM
I took a sampling across the six-pack of the 2000 vs 2015 remasters. The sampling I took was the songs from the current tour. I compared a few points in each song side by side. Here's what I heard:

Subtly better. The reverb is tightened up a touch, and the bass guitar is more audible. I could hear no difference in EVH's or DLR's parts. The drums have only barely perceptible differences. The biggest difference is the sound of the bass guitar, but even that is not a game changer. Not worth buying again if you have the 2000 remasters.

Oh, and I hear a weird noise in the 2015 Hot For Teacher. There was already hum in the recording and it sounds like the remaster turned that steady hum into a throbbing hum. I don't like it. Could be my setup.

Note: I'm not a super-hear-o. I'm not one of those people who can hear the difference between lossless and mp3. I'm not a person who can hear the difference between a guitar with brass saddles and steel saddles. So, take it for what it's worth...nuthin'.

BumBahDeeDah
07-31-2015, 01:13 AM
Thank you anyway, Fool.

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-31-2015, 01:16 AM
My pleasure.

Dave's Bitch
07-31-2015, 07:13 AM
I salute your effort Fools. I'd not pay for 6 albums I already own unless they are drastically different. Even then, that's what Youtube is for.

cadaverdog
07-31-2015, 05:38 PM
I went through the buying digitally remastered copies of cds to replace the ones I had that were issued in cd format without remastering phase because the sound quality was so different but I wouldn't bother purchasing remastered copies of cds that had already been remastered even if they threw in extra tracks. I don't bother with collecting cds or dvds anymore because I can just listen to, view or download whatever I want to listen to and/or watch and/or download from the internet.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-31-2015, 05:57 PM
I salute your effort Fools. I'd not pay for 6 albums I already own unless they are drastically different. Even then, that's what Youtube is for.

i picked up diver down, women and kids, vhII, different truth, and eat 'em and scraper at the cd bin in the motorhome park in valencia, $3 each :) at least there are permanent tunes in the rv now.

cadaverdog
07-31-2015, 05:59 PM
i picked up diver down, women and kids, vhII, different truth, and eat 'em and scraper at the cd bin in the motorhome park in valencia, $3 each :) at least there are permanent tunes in the rv now.

Valencia, Ca by Magic Mountain?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-31-2015, 07:04 PM
yup, spent fri and sat at the mountain watchin' idiots ride roller coasters, i hate roller coasters

cadaverdog
07-31-2015, 08:31 PM
yup, spent fri and sat at the mountain watchin' idiots ride roller coasters, i hate roller coasters
I was scared shitless last time I rode the Matterhorn at Disneyland and it's extremely mild compared to most of them. I've ridden a corkscrew coaster once and one with loops once. I've never ridden any of the stand up or dangling type. Speaking of Magic Mountain I went there when it first opened and the power went out in the whole park while I was on the log jammer with my brother. We were heading uphill and it just stopped. There was stairs built next to the uphill section so they helped us off and we walked back to the area you exit from and met up with the folks. There were people stuck in the overhead trams for hours before they got the power back on. We waited a little while and split but we got rainchecks on the way out.