PDA

View Full Version : James Dean's "Little Bastard" Porsche 550 Spyder May Have Been Found!

Von Halen
09-30-2015, 06:09 PM
http://jalopnik.com/james-deans-little-bastard-missing-porsche-may-have-jus-1733467706

Von Halen
09-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Would be crazy if this thing turns up after all these years.

http://i59.tinypic.com/21kcge9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/tomasutpen/album7/pasorobles1955.jpg

Von Halen
09-30-2015, 06:12 PM
I believe this is the car he hit.

http://www.wild-bills.com/porsche/james%20dean%207.jpg

Kristy
09-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Yes it was. I know this because I was there.

By the way, good work, Von. I can rest so much easier now that I know that the writer of this article is getting paid.

cadaverdog
09-30-2015, 08:06 PM
If paramedics were around back then he might still be alive. He lived through the accident but died on the way to the hospital.

DONNIEP
09-30-2015, 09:35 PM
How cool would it be if the Volo restored it? Or leave it as is, kinda like the Buford Pusser Death Car every kid in the South went to see.

Von Halen
09-30-2015, 09:59 PM
If paramedics were around back then he might still be alive. He lived through the accident but died on the way to the hospital.

I think he was nearly decapitated, and crushed. I don't think paramedics would have helped.

cadaverdog
09-30-2015, 10:22 PM
I think he was nearly decapitated, and crushed. I don't think paramedics would have helped.
Read this. The pictures of Dean laying next to the car might be fakes but the doctor who examined him in the ER said this: “I couldn’t see any severe destruction except that he was totally unresponsive in any way.”
http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/slovault/2011/09/fade-to-black-eyewitness-to-james-deans-fatal-accident/

cadaverdog
09-30-2015, 10:38 PM
The pictures aren't fake. That's the mechanic who was riding with Dean not Dean. Witnesses describe seeing the mechanic laying on the ground next to the rear wheel on the drivers side.

Von Halen
09-30-2015, 10:41 PM
"The left side of the face was damaged much more than the right side. Upper and lower jaws multiple fractures, broken neck, possible basal skull fracture. Both arms multiple fractures. Both legs OK, though trousers on one side were ripped off from the body. … There were small particles of glass embedded in Dean’s face, believed to be from the windshield.”

Yeah, I don't think a paramedic, or anyone, could have saved him. Great article though.

cadaverdog
09-30-2015, 10:59 PM
"

Yeah, I don't think a paramedic, or anyone, could have saved him. Great article though.
I concluded that myself after reading that article. Some of the people who were insinuating that was Dean next to the car were claiming he was still alive.

DONNIEP
09-30-2015, 11:00 PM
"
The left side of the face was damaged much more than the right side. Upper and lower jaws multiple fractures, broken neck, possible basal skull fracture. Both arms multiple fractures. Both legs OK, though trousers on one side were ripped off from the body. … There were small particles of glass embedded in Dean’s face, believed to be from the windshield.”

That sounds pretty close to what killed Earnhardt.

DONNIEP
09-30-2015, 11:37 PM
If you click on the James Bond link in the first post you might want to check out the James Bond Aston Martin. One of the press cars outfitted with all the gadgets is sitting in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. The museum it's in was closed the last couple times I was up there but the car is supposedly still inside, along with a bunch of other cool cars. Well that was what I was told by a filthy rich dude I know up there.

There's actually a pretty cool museum just down the road from there called the Hollywood Star Car Museum that's partially owned by George Barris. It has several of the screen used Fast & Furious screen used cars - they're crap when you see them up close - and a General Lee and some other cool cars. They also have a KITT and a Ferrari Daytona replica they imply are the screen used but aren't. But it's a cool place anyways.

Kristy
09-30-2015, 11:46 PM
That sounds pretty close to what killed Earnhardt.

Wrong! What killed that redneck was Yankee imperialism.

cadaverdog
10-01-2015, 12:19 AM
Wrong! What killed that redneck was Yankee imperialism.
Nope. It was a Dodge and it's was driven by a southerner. They don't race Imperialisms in Nascar. Just regular Dodges.

IceCreamBlondie
10-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info and pictures, Von. I'm a big James Dean fan, and yesterday was the 60th anniversary of his untimely death. He was so great in his movies - and its a real shame he died so young - the original Rebel!

Von Halen
10-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info and pictures, Von. I'm a big James Dean fan, and yesterday was the 60th anniversary of his untimely death. He was so great in his movies - and its a real shame he died so young - the original Rebel!

You're welcome.

If you haven't read it, you should read the article Cadaverdog posted. A lot of info about the crash in there.

James Dean's legend lives on.