PDA

View Full Version : Go Fuck Yourself Hollywood

Seshmeister
10-16-2015, 09:17 PM
The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy. If this abortion of a prequel idea by the maker of the worst sequel in a series of increasingly bad sequels is not just some guy doing routine police work then it will be so shitty it will make the original one worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/die-hard-year-one/len-wiseman-to-direct-die-hard-6/

Kristy
10-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Probably from the same guy who brought you framing, Sesh.

DLR Bridge
10-16-2015, 09:59 PM
The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy. If this abortion of a prequel idea by the maker of the worst sequel in a series of increasingly bad sequels is not just some guy doing routine police work then it will be so shitty it will make the original one worse.

I thought the exact same thing. Right down to Hollywood fucking its self.

DONNIEP
10-16-2015, 10:11 PM
I can't see shit. I just tried two phones a PC and a couple week old laptop and I can't see shit.

http://s18.postimg.org/6c7bgtr3t/image.png

twonabomber
10-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Don't pay for that rehashed shit. Download it later.

cadaverdog
10-17-2015, 12:35 AM
The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy.
A normal run of the mill guy who just happens to be proficient with automatic weapons and can out perform Batman with his acrobatic skills. He's also impervious to pain and can lose gallons of blood without feeling the least bit light headed. The only thing he can't do is keep shoes on his feet.

FORD
10-17-2015, 12:41 AM
The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy.

That's how they ruined the Rambo movies. In the original movie, First Blood, he was a genuine human being who had the same problems a lot of Vietnam vets did fitting back into "normal" society, and not helped by a brainless redneck sherriff pissing him off.

Then they turned him into some Reagan era right wing cartoon hero.

cadaverdog
10-17-2015, 02:03 PM
That's how they ruined the Rambo movies. In the original movie, First Blood, he was a genuine human being who had the same problems a lot of Vietnam vets did fitting back into "normal" society, and not helped by a brainless redneck sherriff pissing him off.

The second Rambo wasn't too bad but they got real stupid after that. Whether or not you believe it's possible MIAs were being held after the war in Viet Nam it was fairly entertaining. Missing In Action came out first but the story that became First Blood Part II was being shopped around to find investors before that and a lot of people think the people who put out Missing In Action ripped that story off from the First Blood people. I think both movies ripped off Uncommon Valor which came out before either one of the other two. Uncommon Valor was the most believable of the the three too.

DONNIEP
10-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Rambo was a bad ass and every movie was great! Even the one where he went and fought alongside the Talicong in Afghanistan. Plus he had an awesome tan.

http://s11.postimg.org/tpbkf2bcz/image.jpg

Dan
10-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Re load, Re-load and Re-load.

cadaverdog
10-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Rambo was a bad ass and every movie was great! Even the one where he went and fought alongside the Talicong in Afghanistan. Plus he had an awesome tan.

http://s11.postimg.org/tpbkf2bcz/image.jpg
He was a bad ass but the last couple Rambo movies sucked. I did like the ending of the last one where Rambo finally went home though. The next Rambo supposedly starts out there. Maybe Rambo goes off again after he's treated roughly during a colonoscopy at a VA hospital

FORD
10-18-2015, 03:07 AM
Fags! :anal:

cadaverdog
10-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Fags! :anal:

This isn't Match.com. Look for dates elsewhere homo boy.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:13 PM

Well, somebody has a hard-on for Bruce Willis.

I've been trying to remember all the movies that really stuck with me so I could show my nieces some quality crap. I wasn't too surprised when I realised at least 90% of them were before the mid-90s.

I recently read a piece by Neil Gaiman where he complains that people are reading less and less fiction, and he posits that if people don't read fiction, they won't have any imagination.

Well, it seems Hollywood hasn't put out anything memorable since the mid-90s. I'd say Neilster is right on the money. Don't forget that the mid-90s was when everyone started taking themselves oh-so-seriously, moping around miserably all day, brooding.

I blame Kurt Cobain, like always.

Anyway, this thread reads like you were throwing a tantrum & crying tears of helpless rage, like a little girl that can't have her way.

Were you?

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 08:21 PM
It was maybe a bit over the top but sometimes these remakes or prequels piss me off because they seem like an attack on the original movies.

Of course the way to deal with them is to just ignore them. :)

Like you I've been going through the 70s and 80s looking for good movies to share with kids so that at one point they were asking why films were so much better back then. I explained that wasn't really the case and that for every one I showed them there were 50 crappy ones they didn't need to see. :)

Sometimes the politics are jarring for example the violence of old James Bond movies isn't a problem but him being a sexist rapist is more of an issue.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:22 PM

Then they turned him into some Reagan era right wing cartoon hero.

I have to agree that First Blood was one helluva movie & Stallone's soliloquy near the end shows that he had the potential to be a genuinely good actor before being turned into a living cartoon character.

Rocky was also a very good movie. The sequels... some were passable. And each & every one of them completely unnecessary.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Like you I've been going through the 70s and 80s looking for good movies to share with kids so that at one point they were asking why films were so much better back then. I explained that wasn't really the case and that for every one I showed them there were 50 crappy ones they didn't need to see. :)

I figure that as well, but it's just not the case any more. There simply isn't anything as memorable past the mid-90s.

It's the same with music. Nobody in the 70s gave a shit about Elvis Presley anymore. Elvis! Why? Because they had all these new bands to listen to! Same in the 80s - who gave a fuck about Black Sabbath or Deep Purple apart from other musicians? No one.

But these days, kids have to go back & listen to these old bands, because they have nothing else. After countless generations, old people are FINALLY right.

Things WERE better back then, at least when it comes to entertainment.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Here's an exercise... name a movie that made as much of an impact as Jurassic Park, AFTER Jurassic Park.

I say it was the last big movie. It's been flavour of the week, or at best, month, ever since.

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Jurassic Park was 1993 and was a big deal at the time.

Since then I could name you a lot of great movies but if you are talking about cultural massive rather than just great artistically then for a start you have all that shitty stuff I haven't even watched all of like Transformers and Avatar. Titanic was 1997 and super massive.

You have also forgotten the Harry Potter franchise, The Lord Of The Rings, Skyfall, Avengers movies and Pirates of the Caribbean. I've watched few of these but they have had a massive impact.

If you look at the top 20 box office movies, your Jurassic Park thing comes in at #19.

I think you may be talking shit... :D

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Jurassic Park was 1993 and was a big deal at the time.

Since then I could name you a lot of great movies but if you are talking about cultural massive rather than just great artistically then for a start you have all that shitty stuff I haven't even watched all of like Transformers and Avatar. Titanic was 1997 and super massive.

You have also forgotten the Harry Potter franchise, The Lord Of The Rings, Skyfall, Avengers movies and Pirates of the Caribbean. I've watched few of these but they have had a massive impact.

If you look at the top 20 box office movies, your Jurassic Park thing comes in at #19.

I think you may be talking shit... :D

Well, most people still remember/know about Jurassic Park. I'm not saying it's my favourite movie, far from it.

Most of those other films you've mentioned have been forgotten by the masses, or will be in the near future. They had impact when they came out, yes, but it wasn't lasting impact - it was flavour of the week. Who the fuck remembers Harry Potter any more?

I will give you Pirates of the Caribbean. But just barely.

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 10:18 PM
I fell asleep during the first Pirates film and apparently it was the best one. :)

I think you are maybe biased by age like all of us. I've never seen a Harry Potter film or read a book but I bet millions of that generation could quote you back the whole script.

cadaverdog
10-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Here's an exercise... name a movie that made as much of an impact as Jurassic Park, AFTER Jurassic Park.

I say it was the last big movie. It's been flavour of the week, or at best, month, ever since.
Forrest Gump.

Grant
10-25-2015, 03:20 AM
What about Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction, in 1994-95.

As for Titanic, I cannot get over the fact that the American Film Institute in revising it's '100 Greatest Films of All Time' list in 2007 bothered to put that nauseating one in there!!

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 06:39 AM
You lost me at exercise

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 06:43 AM
I throw in iron man , it kind of started the marvel money machine. Avengers , Thor , ant man. Etc

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Forrest Gump.

What about Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction, in 1994-95.

As for Titanic, I cannot get over the fact that the American Film Institute in revising it's '100 Greatest Films of All Time' list in 2007 bothered to put that nauseating one in there!!

My bad. I thought those three came out before Jurassic Park.

Apparently I should do my research better, or just do it, before I pull "facts" out of my ass.

It's STILL the mid-90s, so I guess I didn't make a *complete* fool of myself.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 06:53 AM
I fell asleep during the first Pirates film and apparently it was the best one. :)

I think you are maybe biased by age like all of us. I've never seen a Harry Potter film or read a book but I bet millions of that generation could quote you back the whole script.

It has nothing to do with being the best one. Blade Runner apparently sucked when it came out.

What I was trying to get at, is a movie that was huge, or at least successful when it came out AND made its way into the collective conscience afterwards.

Listen, I love Lord of the Rings, for fuck's sake. I read the books long ago, I even have a lifetime account on Lord of the Rings Online. I remember quite vividly when the movies came out. It was a big deal, but they have since faded away from memory.

Now, before Philouze calls me Vanessa again, my point is that it's more likely for Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction and/or Jurassic Park to come up in conversation than Titanic, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

And of course I'm biased by age. I *try* not to be, but it's unavoidable. All our perceptions are based on our impressions, and the older we get, teh least impressionable we are.

I still stand by my point that after the mid-90s, culture & entertainment went to shit & Kurt Cobain is to blame for all of it.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 06:59 AM
I throw in iron man , it kind of started the marvel money machine. Avengers , Thor , ant man. Etc

Fads. Flavour of the week films.

Nobody remembers Iron Man any more. The Marvel Money Machine, as you so aptly named it, will run its course and be forgotten.

Just like the series & movies of the late 60s/early 70s. The difference being, the old stuff was so bad it had some charm. These are just huge corporate advertisements.

Maybe 30 years from now, nerds & geeks all over the world will unearth these movies again & wax nostalgic, but most people won't give a fuck.

Seshmeister
10-25-2015, 07:00 AM
Most of this thread seems to be more about your short term memory problems than movies. :)

Did you know that apparently the latest Jurassic film made more money than the original?

Kristy
10-25-2015, 07:09 AM
Did you know that apparently the latest Jurassic film made more money than the original?

Yeah hippie, it's called CGI.

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 07:10 AM
A stupid story relating to die hard .
I have on occasion mentioned I work with a crazy crazy man who says crazy crazy things . If he meant them or was saying it for effect he would be a comedy genius of .... Insert name ... Standing.

So on night shift he is telling us this story of watching a programme about hitlers architect who didn't get "done" after the war ( Albert Speer ) so he tells us he wAs a famous ss officer and was released after the war.
We argued he wasn't an ss officer and also wasn't called ... Hans gruber as he claimed.
Much arguing and and discussion ensued until we googled to find hans gruber was the die hard Alan richman baddy.
Oh yeah he said that was on recently as well

:biggrin:

At this point Alan richman as the sherif of Nottingham is hitler as well , in my mind .

Oh this is from the guy who said that answer to hitlers favourite movie was " shindlers list". :D

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 07:19 AM
Most of this thread seems to be more about your short term memory problems than movies. :)

Nah, it's more about you knowing I'm right, but trying to prove me wrong just on principle.

You said it yourself, that when the time comes to show movies to your kids, you go back to the 70s/80s.

And don't pull out the "well, that's the ones I know about" card. You know more about recent films than I do.

Check. Your move.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 07:21 AM
Oh this is from the guy who said that answer to hitlers favourite movie was " shindlers list". :D

And you say this guy doesn't say these things on purpose?

Steal his material and become a famous stand-up comedian. I bet he won't notice.

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Ima we have a wonderful world of I will put on here on day

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm gonna put you out of your misery, Sesh. Please don't hate me.

You mentioned:

Transformers - 80s cartoon, designed to sell toys.

Avatar - Reputedly had been in Cameron's mind for quite a long time, possibly as far as the 80s, a filmmaker that rose to prominence before 1995.

The Lord Of The Rings - Many adaptations were tried in the 70s, none a huge success, but still an old, old idea that has been copied to death.

Skyfall - Are you saying James Bond is an original 21st century idea?

Avengers/Marvel movies - Many adaptations were tried in the 70s, none a huge success, but still an old, old idea that has been copied to death. By Marvel itself.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Old Disney ride. Had been adapted into a video game in 1990 by Ron Gilbert, working for Lucasfilm at the time. Many similarities with the game, allegedly not a coincidence.

Created before 1995. Which has been my point all along. No new ideas since the mid-90s. Kindly re-read all my posts.

You have also forgotten the Harry Potter franchise

Arguably the only original idea out of everything you mentioned. I'll admit I'm biased & I try to ignore it based on prejudice. The idea that one day it might be mentioned in the same breath as Lord of the Rings terrifies me. Probably happens already. *whimper*

Check. And Mate.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Ima we have a wonderful world of I will put on here on day

Yes.

:headscratch::confused13::confused12:

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 07:43 AM
We saved all his quotes in a " wonderful world document"

A lad he drinks with has had more birds than an aquarium

And his black book of girls phone numbers is like obituary of sex

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 07:45 AM
To name a couple

Kristy
10-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Why oh WHY does there need to be another Pirate's movie?

You can milk a franchise success for only so long till the point where it collapses and becomes a parody of itself. Disney (along with their other usual filth like Frozen) seem to have no problem with this. Now we're going to have 5th Pirate's movie from the original "trilogy"?

Hollywood had been out of doing anything original since 1977. Jaws and Star Wars being the swan song of entertainment. Not like those movies are being hacked and sold to the heap of Hollywood CGI shitbowl of...um...shit.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Why oh WHY does there need to be another Pirate's movie?

You can milk a franchise success for only so long till the point where it collapses and becomes a parody of itself. Disney (along with their other usual filth like Frozen) seem to have no problem with this. Now we're going to have 5th Pirate's movie from the original "trilogy"?

Hollywood had been out of doing anything original since 1977. Jaws and Star Wars being the swan song of entertainment. Not like those movies are being hacked and sold to the heap of Hollywood CGI shitbowl of...um...shit.

Yeah, the first two were good, but the third was very, very bad. I liked the first two Pirates enough to also buy the DVD of the third movie, but I thought that would be it.

Haven't watched fourth, or have any interest in it. I had no idea they were still going. That sucks. Hard.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 08:04 AM
We saved all his quotes in a " wonderful world document"

A lad he drinks with has had more birds than an aquarium

And his black book of girls phone numbers is like obituary of sex

To name a couple

I'm not trying to be a jackass Vandy, and maybe it's me, but I can't seem to understand your posts today.

When you say "obituary of sex", do you mean they all died? Or there's so many diseases in there that you will probably die if you call one of those girls?

What couple?

Kristy
10-25-2015, 08:06 AM
They all sucked.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 08:11 AM
They all sucked.

Objectively, yes. But they did make a splash in the collective conscience.

And they're the closest thing to a Secret of Monkey Island movie, so... to be honest, when I watched the first, I was more concerned with trying to find Monkey Island references than I was with following what amounted to a plot.

Still, they were entertaining, although I admit I'm biased. The third was just horrible.

Th third was a turd! Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!

Kristy
10-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Only Disney can take something like pirate legend stories and fuck them up to the point of utter absurdity.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 08:21 AM
I think Disney has changed in the last couple of years, though.

My nieces made me watch Frozen & I was pleasantly surprised with how it challenges the status quo. The prince charming was a manipulative asshole & the film tells children that it's ok to be alone. It's certainly preferable being alone over saddling yourself up with someone out of desperation.

Since Disney played a huge part on fucking up children with fairy tale morals, it's an interesting 180º twist.

Of course, all that people took away from it were the songs and the pretty dresses. But hey, they tried something different & I applaud them for it. We can't blame Disney for human stupidity.

Kristy
10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Frozen is just another example of how THE MAN is keeping us all down.

Anonymous
10-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Frozen is just another example of how THE MAN is keeping us all down.

What, you mean by telling us that if we're cool we're outcasts, so we have to be lame?

Yeah, I can see that.

Kristy
10-25-2015, 08:34 AM
That, or THE MAN is to to get me.

Who says weed doesn't make you paranoid?

Kristy
10-25-2015, 08:47 AM
But...but...but deffo go see Bridge Of Spies
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Bridge_of_Spies_poster.jpg

No question it's SpiellJew but it goes beyond SpeilJew and speaks more on the genesis of the Cold War and the contradictions of American liberalism. I was quite surprised by this film.

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm not trying to be a jackass Vandy, and maybe it's me, but I can't seem to understand your posts today.

When you say "obituary of sex", do you mean they all died? Or there's so many diseases in there that you will probably die if you call one of those girls?

What couple?

Just example of this guys crazy conversation ... I will get back in my shed ;)

cadaverdog
10-25-2015, 01:09 PM
I agree. What a waste of time, money and film that is. It ain't got shit to say to "A Night To Remember". Years from now some moron's gonna make a love story out of 9/11.

Seshmeister
10-25-2015, 06:48 PM
"Because not only will America go into your country and kill all your people. But what's worse I think is they'll come back twenty years later and make a movie about how killing your people made their soldiers feel sad. Oh boo hoo hoo. Americans making a movie about what Vietnam did to the soldiers is like a serial killer telling you what stopping suddenly for hitchhikers did to his clutch." - Frankie Boyle

Harsh but fair...? :)

cadaverdog
10-25-2015, 07:17 PM
"Because not only will America go into your country and kill all your people. But what's worse I think is they'll come back twenty years later and make a movie about how killing your people made their soldiers feel sad. Oh boo hoo hoo. Americans making a movie about what Vietnam did to the soldiers is like a serial killer telling you what stopping suddenly for hitchhikers did to his clutch." - Frankie Boyle

Harsh but fair...? :)
How is that fair? America didn't send soldiers to Viet Nam to kill people. We didn't vote to go over there and get involved with that bullshit. Nor did we vote to go back there and make a movie about it. America doesn't make movies. Film makers make movies. Soldiers are human beings too. Why wouldn't someone think they could regret what they did over there. Do you think every German that fought for Germany in WWII thinks what they did was justified? Fuck Frankie Boyle.

Nitro Express
10-25-2015, 11:40 PM
Real life is more entertaining than anything Hollywood can cook up. I haven't watched a movie or even a video in a very long time.

Seshmeister
10-26-2015, 12:26 AM
What a weird way to think.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Well, what happens in Wyoming will stay in Wyoming. No, really, really it will fucking stay in Wyoming...

FORD
10-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Well, what happens in Wyoming will stay in Wyoming. No, really, really it will fucking stay in Wyoming...

Except for Darth Cheney. We all would be better off if he had stayed in Wyoming. :(

vandeleur
10-26-2015, 02:41 AM

What couple?

You're reading them to literally the guy doesn't know what an obituary is , he uses wrong words all the time.
Which I find humour in , ya grinch :)

Anonymous
10-26-2015, 07:56 AM
You're reading them to literally the guy doesn't know what an obituary is , he uses wrong words all the time.
Which I find humour in , ya grinch :)

Oh... OH! NOW I get it.

I didn't realise you were quoting him. I thought you were talking ABOUT him, which is why it made no sense.

Yeah, I was bit slow yesterday, but please help a brother out by adding quotation marks, or something!

30% of my brain power is constantly processing *something* to which I'm not really paying attention to, and only becomes clear later on, eventually.

In effect, this means that if I'm not running at full speed, a couple of conscious thoughts can really bog me down.

So I ask you, not as a grammar/spelling nazi or elitist jerk, but as a friend, to please, please take your time typing. It'd be of immense help to me, especially in slow days like yesterday.

Anonymous
10-26-2015, 07:59 AM
What a weird way to think.

Actually, I think he's right and we're all wrong. Especially me.

Isn't it weirder to focus more on virtual entertainment than on the great spectacle of life itself?

vandeleur
10-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Oh... OH! NOW I get it.

I didn't realise you were quoting him. I thought you were talking ABOUT him, which is why it made no sense.

Yeah, I was bit slow yesterday, but please help a brother out by adding quotation marks, or something!

30% of my brain power is constantly processing *something* to which I'm not really paying attention to, and only becomes clear later on, eventually.

In effect, this means that if I'm not running at full speed, a couple of conscious thoughts can really bog me down.

So I ask you, not as a grammar/spelling nazi or elitist jerk, but as a friend, to please, please take your time typing. It'd be of immense help to me, especially in slow days like yesterday.

My friend I was on a twelve hour all day session. I had to check the messages myself to see what I had said.
Derby day in footy world :D

Kristy
10-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Never happens. Ever been to Wyoming? Three seconds in to crossing the state line and you want to turn around and leave.

Second thought, Wyoming does have Hell's Half Acre
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/wyoming/37266d1236147309-hells-half-acre-access-picture-014-1-small-.jpg

Sure, it may be a shithole now but once Wyoming legalizes weed it'll be a god damn paradise.