PDA

View Full Version : Worst fucking Halftime Performance Ever

WARF
10-23-2015, 03:23 PM
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

Sammy Hagar singing right now at Seattle Vs. SF ....

No bass player, no drummer on the smallest stage I've ever seen!

Horrible hahaahahahahaha!!!!

Oh yeah he's singing over a recorded track karaoke style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVdddIORtUY

FORD
10-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Thank God they didn't actually show that clusterfuck on TV. It's bad enough you could hear it in the background while the network talking heads were spewing their endless love for SF's overrated QB, Colon Crappyprick. :puke:

WARF
10-23-2015, 03:35 PM
This probably shouldn't be in MAIN but I thought everyone would like to see this travesty.

hahahaahahahahaahah Vic playing air keyboards for right now! :)

DONNIEP
10-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Ok, I watched the whole thing. Never was a fan of that song. But Sam sounded fine, or I should say he sounded like Sam. It was kinda chintzy that they didn't have the whole band up there lol.

cadaverdog
10-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I don't dislike Vic but considering they didn't edit Ed's guitar out of the track Vic should have stayed home or on the sidelines. Otherwise as Donnie said Sammy sounded like Sammy.

twonabomber
10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
That was tuned way down, and Hagar was screeching at the end.

WARF
10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
This is worse than anything Roth did vocally on the current tour. Brutal.

Circle Jerk karaoke!

DONNIEP
10-23-2015, 04:56 PM
That was tuned way down, and Hagar was screeching at the end.

I thought the screeching sounded pretty much like his screeching always sounds :biggrin:

twonabomber
10-23-2015, 04:58 PM
He's almost TALKING the lyrics! The Links will be in an uproar!

FORD
10-23-2015, 05:43 PM
The sheep over there are oddly silent. There was a thread posted beforehand about Hagar's appearance, but no Chedheads have posted afterwards to say how much they loved it.

They usually do that no matter how bad any of his perfomances are (just look at the Velveetapalooza 2004 forum over there)

DLR Bridge
10-23-2015, 05:49 PM
That was piss poor. Chock full of the usual "uh!" "c'mon" and "that's right" dead space filler. Least entertaining man in show biz, standing on a electric cake. Only thing that could saved that bomb would've been a stripper popping out of the cake.

DONNIEP
10-23-2015, 05:57 PM
That was piss poor. Chock full of the usual "uh!" "c'mon" and "that's right" dead space filler. Least entertaining man in show biz, standing on a electric cake. Only thing that could saved that bomb would've been a stripper popping out of the cake.

Or if it had been an actual cake and Wolfie came out and dove headfirst into it and ate his way to the other side.

Fairwrning
10-23-2015, 06:01 PM
I dont care how big the room is or how pumped a crowd you have....that song just takes all the air out of a room..it sucks..and to pipe it in..geeezus...

DLR Bridge
10-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Exactly. Right Then it didn't pump me up. It sure as hell won't Right Now. Did Vic ape Ed's Claptony solo? I couldn't get that far.

vandeleur
10-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Hahaha that's rock n roll baaaabbby, think they piped stuff in.
Just saying :D

twonabomber
10-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I want someone to ask Hagar if he's replaced Mona with Michael Anthony.

Dan
10-23-2015, 07:06 PM
WARF should be banned for posting this @ Roth Army.

Ed and Alex Will See Shammy In Court.

Ed's Pool Guy said Val Is Hot in a Thong.:P

David Lee Roth Didnt leave His Gate Open For Pete's Brother.:579:

Va Beach VH Fan
10-23-2015, 07:11 PM
Hmmm, what a coincidence....

Don't worry Wolf, this won't result in any speculation....

Just messin' around. #RightNow #VanHalen

Video Credit @1f_jef pic.twitter.com/mSSPlKP0JU— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) October 23, 2015

Dan
10-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh Boy.:baby:

vandeleur
10-23-2015, 07:18 PM
I just seen that on Twitter , bet he had a little chuckle to him self as he pulled the pin :)

DONNIEP
10-23-2015, 07:24 PM

Video Credit @1f_jef pic.twitter.com/mSSPlKP0JU— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) October 23, 2015

Hahahaha...it's only a matter of time...Slappy sees that and he's gonna jerk the phone out of the wall tryin to call Ed.

vandeleur
10-23-2015, 07:30 PM
Wow just got it , they have to bring Mike back cos Wolfe won't fit on that stage . Genius

WARF
10-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Can Sammy make it through one song without doing F A T boy jumping jacks?!

DONNIEP
10-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Can Sammy make it through one song without doing F A T boy jumping jacks?!

The dude does get excited lol

Seshmeister
10-23-2015, 09:48 PM
I don't dislike Vic

I don't dislike him as a person either because I don't know him but he is objectively not a good guitarist because he either can't play the music he is paid to or chooses to play alternatives that are far inferior. I pride myself as a failed musician to cut slack but for how many years has he been playing with the fat bozo at this point?

They are a big shit sandwich of mediocrity.

WARF
10-23-2015, 10:08 PM
I liked Vic much more when he hosted this show.

http://www.dogexpert.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MontelWilliams.gif

cadaverdog
10-23-2015, 10:44 PM
I don't dislike him as a person either because I don't know him but he is objectively not a good guitarist because he either can't play the music he is paid to or chooses to play alternatives that are far inferior.
I saw Vic play live on the Sam and Dave tour. They guy that Dave hired was good but he played like he was in Marky Mark's band in Rockstar. It was quite obvious he played in a Van Halen cover band. At least Vic improvised and changed things up a little. I left that show thinking it was all over for Dave but he sounded much better on the Strummin' album. If Sam opened that night things might have been much different but unfortunately it was Sammy's turn to close. The only solo Dave song Dave did was Yankee Rose. Sam did Van Hagar and solo stuff with a little Montrose and HSAS thrown in. I wonder if Dave's behavior on that tour had anything to do with Ed hiring Sammy back for a tour instead of Dave in 2004.

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 04:05 AM
I think smoking loon was the reason ed rang Sam in 04

DLR Bridge
10-24-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Al called Sam prior to 2004.

Diamondjimi
10-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Shit Sandwich....

Nickdfresh
10-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Sounds like undead Janis Joplin being raped by gargoyles...

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 01:15 PM

I believe this will be the next Van Halen money grab. I've always expected it to happen. I believe Ed is in such a strong frame of mind right now, he could easily mend fences with Clichegar, and do this. We'll see exactly how much of a man of his word Clichegar really is. Will he pimp Mike to do it? I believe the guy wouldn't think twice about leaving Mike out, for the opportunity to tour with Ed again. Of course, he'll say he worked it out with Mike, and Mike gave his blessing, to try to make himself look better. Or, will Wolf do the keyboard duties, and let Mike back to play bass? How fucking pissed would Roth era fan be if Clichegar not only gets himself back in the band, but Mike too! Ha ha ha! Damn, I almost hope this happens, just so I can see all the bullsthit from the fans of both eras.

I believe Wolf has probably tired of most of the same old setlist. I believe the whole band has tired of Dave.

I didn't expect Wolf to ignore that era of his Dad and Uncle's music.

I believe the lack of ticket sales at a lot of this past tours venues, has made Wolfgang realize that the best way to pad his bank account, is to propose a Hagar reunion.

Let's face it. Wolfgang cannot make the kind of money on his own, that he can with his Dad and Uncle. There's not a promoter out there that is going to touch another tour with Dave, for the kind of upfront money they now demand. Wolf knows he has for the most part tapped out the fan base of the original era. Now it's time for him to reach into the pockets of the Van Hagar era fans.

Can't blame the kid. It will do nothing more than ensure he never has to get a real job.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-24-2015, 01:24 PM
no way

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 01:31 PM
no way

Want to bet?

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 01:35 PM
It's not like ed has pissed all over the fans before or gone back on his word :(

PETE'S BROTHER
10-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Want to bet?

then, if it happens, who do we blame for jinxin' the band?

chefcraig
10-24-2015, 02:08 PM

No, that would be an upgrade to this debacle.
Look, from where I work, I've been witness to talent shows, puppet shows, variety evenings that went on for hours. With confidence I will state that video (although only 5 minutes or so) constitutes one of the longest, soul draining, constipated three hours of my life.

Unbelievably, it actually ties with the number 1 spot in the dreck category with the live version of the dreadful "How Many Say I", which I mercifully refuse to post.

Seriously, you eventually will thank me for not doing so.

WARF
10-24-2015, 02:16 PM
I want Hagar back just to watch all the crying here and on social networks lol

But more importantly to get the John 5 album!

VIVA VAN HAGAR!!!

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 02:23 PM
I want Hagar back just to watch all the crying here and on social networks lol

But more importantly to get the John 5 album!

VIVA VAN HAGAR!!!

Finally the mask slips. :bigwink:

FORD
10-24-2015, 02:41 PM
I doubt there will ever be another Van Hagar reunion. It's fairly obvious that Sober Eddie is embarrassed by that Velveeta drenched "music" he made during that time, which is probably why he had to be completely on another planet to tour with Hagar again in 2004, and even that didn't help them last longer than that brief tour.

Ed's so embarrassed by that shit that he's tried to keep Spammy from performing it on his own, which Hagar - as one of the principal songwriters - has every legal right to do, of course. Even though the results are as godawful as the above "performance".

So.... Velveetapalooza 2016? Not gonna happen.

chefcraig
10-24-2015, 03:30 PM

And for that, we can only pray.

Sammy Hagar with VH is like serving a really terrific T-bone steak...with Doritos.

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 03:33 PM
I doubt there will ever be another Van Hagar reunion. It's fairly obvious that Sober Eddie is embarrassed by that Velveeta drenched "music" he made during that time, which is probably why he had to be completely on another planet to tour with Hagar again in 2004, and even that didn't help them last longer than that brief tour.

Ed's so embarrassed by that shit that he's tried to keep Spammy from performing it on his own, which Hagar - as one of the principal songwriters - has every legal right to do, of course. Even though the results are as godawful as the above "performance".

Wow, he finally contributes something VH related, albeit Van Hagar related, instead of just weird political rhetoric.

Eddie was on another planet long before the 2004 deal with Hagar. That's a fact, and thankfully why that was the end.

Does that mean you're interested in a wager too?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 03:45 PM
I believe this will be the next Van Halen money grab. I've always expected it to happen. I believe Ed is in such a strong frame of mind right now, he could easily mend fences with Clichegar, and do this. We'll see exactly how much of a man of his word Clichegar really is. Will he pimp Mike to do it? I believe the guy wouldn't think twice about leaving Mike out, for the opportunity to tour with Ed again. Of course, he'll say he worked it out with Mike, and Mike gave his blessing, to try to make himself look better. Or, will Wolf do the keyboard duties, and let Mike back to play bass? How fucking pissed would Roth era fan be if Clichegar not only gets himself back in the band, but Mike too! Ha ha ha! Damn, I almost hope this happens, just so I can see all the bullsthit from the fans of both eras.

I believe Wolf has probably tired of most of the same old setlist. I believe the whole band has tired of Dave.

I believe the lack of ticket sales at a lot of this past tours venues, has made Wolfgang realize that the best way to pad his bank account, is to propose a Hagar reunion.

Let's face it. Wolfgang cannot make the kind of money on his own, that he can with his Dad and Uncle. There's not a promoter out there that is going to touch another tour with Dave, for the kind of upfront money they now demand. Wolf knows he has for the most part tapped out the fan base of the original era. Now it's time for him to reach into the pockets of the Van Hagar era fans.

Can't blame the kid. It will do nothing more than ensure he never has to get a real job.

I could spew out that I don't agree, but I think all of us have been around long enough to realize that when it comes to this group of people, particularly Edward Lodewijk and Alexander Arthur Van Halen, that absolutely ANYTHING is possible....

But let's pretend for a second that it happens....

You don't honestly think that Van Velveeta would match the attendance that they had this past tour, do you? Sure, they had some mediocre crowds early in the tour, but the last half of the tour was damn strong crowd-wise.... I don't see two hours of "uh, dig it ya'll, love love love" coming anywhere near to selling out arenas or ampitheaters.....

In terms of Mike, if Bette were to return, there's no way he would WITHOUT Mike....

So, could it happen? Sure it could....

I just hope not....

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 03:52 PM
I could spew out that I don't agree, but I think all of us have been around long enough to realize that when it comes to this group of people, particularly Edward Lodewijk and Alexander Arthur Van Halen, that absolutely ANYTHING is possible....

But let's pretend for a second that it happens....

You don't honestly think that Van Velveeta would match the attendance that they had this past tour, do you? Sure, they had some mediocre crowds early in the tour, but the last half of the tour was damn strong crowd-wise.... I don't see two hours of "uh, dig it ya'll, love love love" coming anywhere near to selling out arenas or ampitheaters.....

In terms of Mike, if Bette were to return, there's no way he would WITHOUT Mike....

So, could it happen? Sure it could....

I just hope not....

I hope not either. I'd rather see Cherbone back, than Clichegar.

I think you underestimate Van Hagar fan. Real attendance? I absolutely think they can sell as well as this last tour. I think they could milk that crowd for at least one tour.

chefcraig
10-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Yechhh..."Coming to a livestock show in your area next summer: David Hasselhoff & Kitt, the latest version of REO Speedwagon and the reconstituted Van Halen!"

All for the admission price of 9 dollars and 3 cans of vegetables toward the "Help The Homeless Holiday Fund".

Come early! Parking is limited. :puking-smiley:

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 03:56 PM
I hope not either. I'd rather see Cherbone back, than Clichegar.

I think you underestimate Van Hagar fan. Real attendance? I absolutely think they can sell as well as this last tour. I think they could milk that crowd for at least one tour.

It would obviously get the homos that have preferred Van Hagarita all along, but I don't think they would get that many of the VH fans that have gone to a couple of the post-2007 shows with DLR....

And no, I'm not betting with you... ;)

twonabomber
10-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Want to bet?

how much and what kind of time frame?

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Well Va, sadly, it took Wolfgang posting a video of him playing a Van Hagar era tune, for some people to even discuss something VH related. Some people that totally ignored the tour, and probably one of, if not the best, book about Van Halen that's ever been written. Not to mention a live chat with the author of said book. Seems we have members that would rather talk Van Hagar, than Van Halen, as a means to purport their fandom of the band they've basically been ignoring.

Interesting, to say the least.

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Meow

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 04:25 PM
Eddie Trunk would be front and center!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ed brought Hagar back. You'd think that after all the shit Hagar said in his book, and all the sniping that it wouldn't happen. Cherone coming back would be the real surprise.

I look at it this way Twona. There's a reason Wolf is posting himself playing a Van Hagar song. Especially after just coming off a tour with Dave. Ed will do whatever Wolf wants, and will definitely do whatever it takes to set Wolf up for the rest of his life.

Only a fool would underestimate the buying power of Van Hagar fan.

Say what you want about Clichegar, but he's basically a happy go lucky guy. Purely from a fun stand point, what would be more fun? Another tour with that miserable fucking Dave? Or a tour with Clichegar? Think about that, before you answer. By the way, anybody that thinks Dave is anything but a miserable person, think about this. Exactly who from Dave's past, is still associated with Him? Ed and Al? Only for the money and the music. Definitely not for the fun, or the relationship. John 5? Sparingly. Does anyone not find it odd that virtually everyone that has ever been associated with Dave, has exited his life? I know a lot of you delusional motherfuckers want to believe the guy you see on stage and in public, is that same guy 24/7, but he's not. FACT!!

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 04:27 PM
how much and what kind of time frame?

You name both. But don't expect this to come together overnight, even though Wolfgang is obviously practicing.

Northern Girl
10-24-2015, 04:29 PM

I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 04:42 PM
I know how everyone here likes to speculate and pretend they know everything; but if people take a sec to look at who took the video...it is Jef Moll, who says he's recording Engineer for Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and Wolf. He also has a post from 5150 from Spring of 2015 so it could be an old video from then if he was visiting. And Wolf purposely said 'just messin' around.'

Why speculate the worst possible thing that could happen to this band and send that bad juju into the Universe?

Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 04:43 PM

Besides the fact that this band is the most speculated upon band in the history of Rock and fuckin' Roll?

Gee, I don't know... ;)

Northern Girl
10-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Why are you even commenting? You don't even support them anymore.

What the fuck is a fan of this band supposed to do, other than speculate, since they refuse to give any information as to what they are, or are not, doing at any given time?

Who the fuck is acting or pretending like they know everything? We are doing exactly what you suggested we are doing. Speculating.

Go read Greg's book. Oh that's right, you've washed your hands of this band. Liar.

Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?

So this is love
10-24-2015, 05:00 PM

I agree with all the above...but I doubt people are interested with the Hagar era, who fucking cares.

Fairwrning
10-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...lets hope VH goes quietly into that good night like they should have in 1985..which makes me wonder about the chat comment saying that VH would have been revered like the Beatles..would have been cool but would we have gotten the Roth solo lps without Eddie responding by fucking up the band?

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Geez my feelings about the band are a tad too important to you for some reason. You should chill out a bit.

I did not say not to speculate. I said why speculate the worst when there is some info available that could easily explain the situation.

And if you go back and read my previous posts I said I have NOT washed my hands of this band...just more interested in the future than the past.

If it's that important to you that I buy Greg's book, I will buy one and give it away. Who needs one?

Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Hearing Wolf play that makes me nauseous...

I believe I said to myself, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

So this is love
10-24-2015, 05:29 PM
as much a fan I am, I came to realize during the 1984 tour that all VH is interested in is MONEY$$. Nothing wrong with that btw....... If ever the HAGAR ERA IS EVEN CUNTSIDERED ...........VH SHOULD PULL THE FUCKING PLUG already! thank you good night!

Northern Girl
10-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.

You have some serious reading comprehension problems.

You don't care about anything but the past, but you don't think I shouldn't comment here because you think I don't support the band. You think living in the past is supporting the band? Yeah, I'm the hypocrite. I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.

Von Halen
10-24-2015, 05:43 PM
I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.

Excellent idea NG! Only those that agree with me, comment! :biggrin:

No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it! :D

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 05:47 PM
I saw Vic play live on the Sam and Dave tour. They guy that Dave hired was good but he played like he was in Marky Mark's band in Rockstar. It was quite obvious he played in a Van Halen cover band. At least Vic improvised and changed things up a little. I left that show thinking it was all over for Dave but he sounded much better on the Strummin' album. If Sam opened that night things might have been much different but unfortunately it was Sammy's turn to close. The only solo Dave song Dave did was Yankee Rose. Sam did Van Hagar and solo stuff with a little Montrose and HSAS thrown in. I wonder if Dave's behavior on that tour had anything to do with Ed hiring Sammy back for a tour instead of Dave in 2004.

I couldn't agree less...

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Cheese this, Velveeta that, Ed cringes when he hears the Van Hagar songs...you guys are delusional. The only thing Ed and his brother care about are dollar signs. And if they think they can get paid touring with Sam...you can bet your ass you'll be seeing this on the next tour...

http://youtu.be/uEe5hGyy7mo

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 06:15 PM
You love that walk :D

cadaverdog
10-24-2015, 06:19 PM
I couldn't agree less...
How can you voice an opinion of a show you didn't even attend?

cadaverdog
10-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 06:24 PM
I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?

cadaverdog
10-24-2015, 06:29 PM
I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?
That wasn't the same show. I saw them in Cali close to Sammy's home town. Maybe they tried a little harder that night. No I wasn't on stage but if it meant free tequila I would have gone for it.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.

Yup, as I said, NOTHING out of the realm of possibility with these fuckin' guys....

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour :D

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour :D

He'd have to get them back from Ed first.

Northern Girl
10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it! :D

I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming. :D

This again is why I don't want the book:

I'm sure it's great, but I don't care beyond the music anymore.

Since '78, I was Van Halen obsessed. I had to have everything I could get my hands on. I had everything VH you could buy plus a trunk full of 5 inch thick scrapbooks full of every magazine article and picture I collected for years.
But a few years back I'm happy to say I was able to let it all go...so I gave it all away...hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. (Zing! got the last of it last summer.) I still have all the music and kept a boot from each tour. I kept a little paperback of Dave's book and two of the original VH necklaces. I'm not interested in anything else and couldn't be happier about that.

You probably don't get that, but you don't have to. :cool1:

And here's what I said about the future:

Too bad they didn't come to MN. I would have gone to see them one last time.

Oh well...whatever they do is up to them. If I can get behind it, I will. If not, that's fine too. (Couldn't get behind that live album.)

I don't need to know everything about their struggle to appreciate how amazing they were. I lived it from '78 on.

Getting the VH monkey off my back is a good thing. It's a healthy thing. And it's just my thing. You all can obsess until your heart's content. :) I can't do it anymore.

And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on. :)

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Nah, NG, don't go anywhere. If you leave then we'll be down to like 12 regulars and the only chicks will be Kristy who's on a weed moratorium and is extra cranky and a crazed Canadian actress who moonlights as a Vacuum Wielding Superhero!

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 06:58 PM
If they bring Sammy back I swear to God I'm gonna have one of these jumpsuits made for me, lol.

Is it just me or does it look like the guy behind Slappy is tickling his Bawllz?

http://s17.postimg.org/lm4m86gin/image.jpg

vandeleur
10-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Good to know where you were concentrating your gaze bud :D

DLR Bridge
10-24-2015, 07:24 PM
And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on.

Say it here. This place needs more people coming from different points of view who speak with intelligence.

:welcome: back!

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 07:55 PM
I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming. :D

Von is a miserable old cow refusing to come to terms that only nerds and/or old farts like Van Halen nowadays. Don't be mad at him. Pity him.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 07:57 PM

Don't give a fuck?

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 07:57 PM

Like that's any surprise.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Cheese this, Velveeta that, Ed cringes when he hears the Van Hagar songs...you guys are delusional.

Wait, people actually believe Eddie hears anything other than his own guitar playing?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 08:08 PM
I think the best case scenario is that Wolfgang goes on keyboards, they get Hagar and Anthony back in and book a world tour.

On the first night they launch into the first number and halfway through the first verse Hagar drops dead of old age.

Massive publicity for the band plus we get to see it on YouTube. A lot.

They quickly call Dave and play to sold out houses everywhere.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 08:17 PM
I think the best case scenario is that Wolfgang goes on keyboards, they get Hagar and Anthony back in and book a world tour.

On the first night they launch into the first number and halfway through the first verse Hagar drops dead of old age.

http://s30.postimg.org/cufg4orox/2007_09_14_happy_pink_unicorn.jpg

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 09:25 PM

Well, we all know you were focused in like a laser on Sam's face...Homo!

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 09:32 PM

Never happen.

First off, Sam's too damn happy to die. And Dave's gonna be too busy having Japanese facial reconstruction surgery and going to Ninja school. Or sitting in his big ol' empty house with no friends and no video production crew to capture the genius that is him sitting in a bunny costume with Redbulls and poptarts all over the place. Andy Warhol he ain't.

DLR Bridge
10-24-2015, 09:32 PM
I hate to fuel the rumor mill on the return of Van Hagar, but Ed did say that songs from that era were either on vacation or 'went off to school' in either the Guitar World or Esquire interview from 2012. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to plod those songs out again. One would think that the abysmal state he was in during the 2004 tour, coupled with the fact that Sammy is an all out dick, might be reasons enough to never consider going down that road again. But this is EVH we're talking about. All we can do is hope for the best, expect the worst.

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 09:41 PM
I hate to fuel the rumor mill on the return of Van Hagar, but Ed did say that songs from that era were either on vacation or 'went off to school' in either the Guitar World or Esquire interview from 2012. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he were to plod those songs out again. One would think that the abysmal state he was in during the 2004 tour, coupled with the fact that Sammy is an all out dick, might be reasons enough to never consider going down that road again. But this is EVH we're talking about. All we can do is hope for the best, expect the worst.

Ah, they're "Ed's songs" so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wanted to play them. And - outside of maybe what, 100 people tops on two message boards - there's a lot of people who were fans of Van Hagar. Plus you've got the people who show up to any big name show that hits town. I'm not saying they're gonna sell 20,000 tickets a show. But did they have 20,000 fans who paid for tickets to show up for all the shows on this last tour? Yeah, not really.

cadaverdog
10-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Dave's at home right now laying in bed crying because Ed said he wasn't his friend right before the tour began. He thought Ed was his BFF.

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 09:43 PM
I think it would be almost definitely going to happen if it wasn't for the Hagar book.

There is also the factor that objectively the Van Hagar stuff has just not aged well. I hated 5150 at the time but I loved EEAS but taking a step back it has to be said that neither has aged well. In the same way that for whatever reason Black Sabbath still resonates with young people today, Roth Van Halen does too. It's easier for Wolfgang to go from Light Up The Sky to Tremonti than it would for him to be doing cheesy fucking Baywatch musak like 'When It's Love'.

Anonymous
10-24-2015, 09:53 PM

So focusing on a man's face is gayer than focusing on his balls?

What kind of 1950s nonsense is that?

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 10:02 PM
So focusing on a man's face is gayer than focusing on his balls?

What kind of 1950s nonsense is that?

It's my kind of nonsense and that's all that matters.

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 10:04 PM
First off, Sam's too damn happy to die.

If that's the way the world worked then I would be close to immortal and Kristy would have died in childhood. :)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2015, 10:05 PM
I think it would be almost definitely going to happen if it wasn't for the Hagar book.

There is also the factor that objectively the Van Hagar stuff has just not aged well. I hated 5150 at the time but I loved EEAS but taking a step back it has to be said that neither has aged well. In the same way that for whatever reason Black Sabbath still resonates with young people today, Roth Van Halen does too. It's easier for Wolfgang to go from Light Up The Sky to Tremonti than it would for him to be doing cheesy fucking Baywatch musak like 'When It's Love'.

No need to listen to idiots like us, all you need to do is pay attention to what radio stations play....

For every 20 Van Halen songs you hear, about 17 or 18 are Roth-era...

While there's no way to prove that, it's pretty damn accurate....

Seshmeister
10-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I have mixed feelings on it.
A Van Hagar reunion would at least take us back to the old days where haters had a legitimate target rather than each other... :D

DONNIEP
10-24-2015, 10:15 PM

Sam's book wouldn't be reason enough for Ed to say no fuckin way. Ed WAS a fucked up mess and it's his brother who should be held accountable for taking Ed out on the road in 2004, since most people here seem incapable of holding Ed accountable for his condition at the time. So the book is a non issue.

The bottom line is this: is Ed willing to tolerate another tour with Dave? It's beyond obvious he has little respect for what Dave brings to the table. Ed's comment that for whatever reason people want to hear Roth singing in VH is proof enough of that. I'd rather see Dave up there than anybody else. But again, we are in a very small group of people who actually give a shit. This ain't 1996 and it's never gonna be again. I don't think even brining Mike back will bring the fans back in record numbers, not unless they do it in a huge way. Insert Super Bowl reunion speculation here.

So we know Ed could give a shit less who is singing, so long as the seats get filled. His kid wants to do something else so maybe Ed can finally cut the apron strings and do something without his security blanket standing on the other side of the stage. Who's gonna be up there singing is anybody's guess. But if I had to bet - I'd toss a hun in with Von.

cadaverdog
10-24-2015, 11:07 PM
A Van Hagar reunion would at least take us back to the old days where haters had a legitimate target rather than each other... :D
I have a feeling that Roth Army only exists in fairy tales. Can't say for sure because I found this site looking to see if the rumors Roth was back in Van Halen were true. Didn't even know sites like this existed. I used my computer for two things. Spider Solitaire and porn.

Kristy
10-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Ok, I watched the whole thing. Never was a fan of that song. But Sam sounded fine, or I should say he sounded like Sam. It was kinda chintzy that they didn't have the whole band up there lol.

So what are you trying to say here, Donnie? That F A T makes noise? Suzanne Vega once did a tune called 'Blood Makes Noise' but I don't believe she is talking about pretentiousness in her tune. Spammy looks like the little boy who refuses to get out of the sandbox here. Token black guitar player. A lot of "Whhhaooooooo's" and some embarrassing jumping and down. Yeah, I think not even intensive therapy can help him.

chefcraig
10-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Christ...my nuts in a fucking shot glass or a VH/Sammy Hagar reunion? Tell ya what...you can get a third of one of 'em and give me Cherone.

And Mike Anthony on bass.

Someone in this group of retards has to know how to sing "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" correctly...
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent027.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

vandeleur
10-25-2015, 04:24 AM

:biggrin:

Green Manalishi
10-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Now THAT was funny !

Green Manalishi
10-25-2015, 10:01 AM

The next video you will see will be of a raspy voiced masked individual using rusty pliers to remove the fingernails from a certain pudgy set of hands . Being hog-tied and apple gagged is not very romantic .

VetteLS5
10-25-2015, 11:12 AM
I have mixed feelings on it.

Could we get Catfish to stalk Alex again?

Nickdfresh
10-25-2015, 12:04 PM

No one wants to play Sammy Hagar songs on bass other than Mike Anthony, and to be honest, I doubt he likes it much...

WARF
10-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Me and Von Halen have chatted about this last night and i'm in full agreement with him. I think David Lee Roth is DONE with Van Halen. I think it's not a coincidence Wolf and Sammy both played Right Now on the same night. If this is true and they bring back Sammy for another run with Van Halen I won't be upset in the slightest bit... in fact i'll be happy. I miss his solo material and the DLR Band. Also, we'll get the long awaited John 5 album that has been shelved the past couple years. Most importantly I miss the days of bashing the fuck of out Ed and Alex. This will give me a reason to as I have been itching to do so.

Oh yeah, I wanna see everyone crying about it too. I laugh at that shit.

DONNIEP
10-25-2015, 04:30 PM
I never need a reason to bash Ed. It's Sunday, time to bash Ed for being a bitter old cunt that can't leave home without his son holding his hand. See how easy that was?

Nitro Express
10-26-2015, 12:01 AM
I'm past giving a fuck what anyone who ever was ever in Van Halen does. Who cares. Does Wolfie wipe his own ass? I don't know.

Anonymous
10-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Most importantly I miss the days of bashing the fuck of out Ed and Alex. This will give me a reason to as I have been itching to do so.

Wait, we were supposed to have stopped bashing them?

Why does no one ever tells me these things?

Anonymous
10-26-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm past giving a fuck what anyone who ever was ever in Van Halen does. Who cares. Does Wolfie wipe his own ass? I don't know.

If he did, the dog would let us know. And the crazy people here, oops, I mean, the die-hard fans, would lap it up.

cadaverdog
10-26-2015, 04:31 PM
I think David Lee Roth is DONE with Van Halen.

If he is my only regret is I didn't make it to any of the shows on the final tour. I think Van Hagar would probably sell a decent amount of tickets considering the shit that passes for music nowdays. If I had to go to one more concert before I croaked and my choices were Van Hagar, Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus I'd pick Van Hagar.

FORD
10-26-2015, 05:08 PM
If those were my only choices, I'd pick permanent deafness.

Silexxx
10-30-2015, 07:21 PM
If he is my only regret is I didn't make it to any of the shows on the final tour. I think Van Hagar would probably sell a decent amount of tickets considering the shit that passes for music nowdays. If I had to go to one more concert before I croaked and my choices were Van Hagar, Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus I'd pick Van Hagar.

Taylor Swift. No question about it.