PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Roth Radio 10 years On

Seshmeister
01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
In January 2006 the David Lee Roth radio show was launched replacing America's longtime most popular radio show, The Howard Stern Show on CBS as part of its Free FM format, and was based out of WFNY-FM in New York City

To celebrate Dave's somewhat fraught radio career 10 years on we will be doing daily posts of all the shows and other info until/unless the esteemed legal firm of Vader & Vader notices in our new Roth Radio forum.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/189964_zps96fjzebi.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/tile_lg_DLR_zpsdlcfjhag.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/dlrhomepage_zpsutivd0ns.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/dlrhomepage2_zpsz8whti2j.jpg

ZahZoo
01-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Hmmmm this is a bold move... The final chapter in DLR's internet life ended tragically with publishing some Roth Radio stuff.

Once again the Army ventures out onto the bleeding edge... LOL It's about time y'all got dangerous again!! ;)

twonabomber
01-05-2016, 07:47 AM
I dunno, I figured the Three Twins had more to do with the demise of the Roth Show. That, or Dave just got bored.

ZahZoo
01-06-2016, 07:19 AM
When one gets bored... they tend to just ignore something and let it collect dust & rust. They don't go out of their way to eliminate all evidence of it's existence. I don't think the Dutch Pricks™ gave a hoot about the Roth Show stuff.

Thanks for hosting the radio stuff... it's a fun listen with a good dose of deja vu...

Seshmeister
01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm hoping people will highlight the best clips as from memory although it was clearly a bit patchy there were a fair amount of good moments.

twonabomber
01-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Once we get into the listening threads we'll be able to pick out the decent clips. Plus there are a couple members who got on the air.

DavidLeeNatra
01-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Once we get into the listening threads we'll be able to pick out the decent clips. Plus there are a couple members who got on the air.
Me...for almost 7 minutes! If I haven't mentioned it before :biggrin:

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Can you remember the date? It was a story about prostitutes if I remember correctly. :)

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Seems like Shoes got on the air too. But it's been so damn long I can't remember.

Man I was so excited when Dave got the gig. I'd sit at my desk in the office and listen on the speakers on my desk. Then one day Dave was screeching I mean singing and one of the chicks asks who is that?? I was embarrassed to tell her but I did. She was shocked, and she had been a big fan back in the day. So from then on I'd reach up for the volume whenever he started singing, lol. If you've ever tried singing early in the morning you know it ain't easy. But Dave is Dave and he didn't let that stop him.

I think he was interviewing Brian May about the tour with that guy who can't sing a Freddie song to save his life. And Dave said he could still hit the high note. I turned the volume down so fast, lol, and I was thinking no, please don't do it. He didn't.

Overall I liked the show. I think it would have helped if he'd had someone in there with some experience. And if it had some sort of format, some structure. The Thanksgiving shows he did were great. And that kind of loose format works for Dave when it's a short run. But it didn't work so well for Dave day after day after day. I thought I was gonna be interested in hearing Dave talk about whatever for months on end. Turns out I just wanted to hear about music biz part of his life - Van Halen stories, stories about his solo years, stories stories stories.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-09-2016, 01:17 PM
wasn't there a german dirk as well?

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 01:34 PM

I do believe you're right.

Did anybody listen to JV and Elvis after the Roth Show? Holy hell those guys were good. And fuckin funny as hell. One day Roth forgot JV's name and referred to them as Elvis and whatshisname and JV almost had a nervous breakdown hahahahaha!!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-10-2016, 01:41 AM
It was "Dirk, calling from Germany! Outstanding..."

Can't remember the exact date. But I got me a download of that show.

Sarge
02-05-2016, 01:52 PM
This is awesome guys, thanks!
Going to listen to all of these!

greentreee
02-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Fuckin' Awesome.

greentreee
09-22-2016, 06:49 PM
So does this end now at March 17th? I thought there were more.

Seshmeister
09-22-2016, 07:07 PM
It goes on for another month and we have them all I was just waiting to see if people were still listening. :)

I'll put up more shortly.

vandeleur
09-22-2016, 11:49 PM
wow like a test :)

eric6143
08-14-2017, 07:17 PM
thank you for this! Would love to hear the rest if you've got them!

Seshmeister
08-14-2017, 08:46 PM
We do have them, thought people had lost interest a bit there... :)

Seshmeister
08-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Seems like Shoes got on the air too. But it's been so damn long I can't remember.

Man I was so excited when Dave got the gig. I'd sit at my desk in the office and listen on the speakers on my desk. Then one day Dave was screeching I mean singing and one of the chicks asks who is that?? I was embarrassed to tell her but I did. She was shocked, and she had been a big fan back in the day. So from then on I'd reach up for the volume whenever he started singing, lol. If you've ever tried singing early in the morning you know it ain't easy. But Dave is Dave and he didn't let that stop him.

I think he was interviewing Brian May about the tour with that guy who can't sing a Freddie song to save his life. And Dave said he could still hit the high note. I turned the volume down so fast, lol, and I was thinking no, please don't do it. He didn't.

Overall I liked the show. I think it would have helped if he'd had someone in there with some experience. And if it had some sort of format, some structure. The Thanksgiving shows he did were great. And that kind of loose format works for Dave when it's a short run. But it didn't work so well for Dave day after day after day. I thought I was gonna be interested in hearing Dave talk about whatever for months on end. Turns out I just wanted to hear about music biz part of his life - Van Halen stories, stories about his solo years, stories stories stories.

A weekly one hour show with some music and it would still be on now.

3 hours a day with only voice and very few guests, such an insane idea I almost believe the conspiracy theory on this that it was set up to fail to have a buffer between Stern and the next crew but as with most conspiracies you should never discount it was just stupid.

twonabomber
08-15-2017, 03:30 AM
I'll say it again...Saturday night "houseparty" show.

twonabomber
08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
A weekly one hour show with some music and it would still be on now.

3 hours a day with only voice and very few guests, such an insane idea I almost believe the conspiracy theory on this that it was set up to fail to have a buffer between Stern and the next crew but as with most conspiracies you should never discount it was just stupid.

And I've mentioned before that I asked Brian Young if he felt they were set up to fail and he said "absolutely!"

twonabomber
08-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Did anybody listen to JV and Elvis after the Roth Show? Holy hell those guys were good. And fuckin funny as hell. One day Roth forgot JV's name and referred to them as Elvis and whatshisname and JV almost had a nervous breakdown hahahahaha!!!

Was Elvis the Elvis Duran that Clear Channel runs nationwide? Seen commercials, never heard his show.

When Howard Stern was beating up on WMMS' Jeff and Flash morning show he'd refer to them as Flash and Frisbone.

Full Bug
08-15-2017, 06:20 PM
thank you for this! Would love to hear the rest if you've got them!
Agreed, wouldn't mind hearing all of them actually.....

twonabomber
08-15-2017, 07:41 PM
Get started, they're in this forum.

David45
03-29-2019, 02:27 AM
This radio stuff is so nice.

Phil theStalker
04-27-2019, 04:27 PM
This radio stuff is so nice.

:cheer: wELComE aBoRED, daViD45!/! I rEMemBA Da rADiO!/! FM I tHiNK iT wAS!//! :bigwink::405::418::smiley-lol::usfl:

Funkmonkey
07-28-2020, 03:36 PM
I'm kinda out of touch, are there still new shows of the Roth Show? I think Roth Show was the better gig and better format for DLR, but you have to be Joe Rogan if you want that kind of podcast success.

Seshmeister
07-28-2020, 10:43 PM
We never made a point of posting all the Roth Show stuff because it's on his own site.

https://davidleeroth.com/the-roth-show/

He hasn't done one for a while.

Funkmonkey
07-29-2020, 03:19 PM
When one is in such a condition of affluence that all things in life can be 100% arbitrary and on whim, is that regarded as being successful or in a state of unmitigated hell?

Seshmeister
07-29-2020, 04:10 PM
I think I would like to try it just to see if I like it. :)

It must depend a lot on what age you are, your personality and your prior life experiences. It definitely doesn't seem like it's a good thing for young people anyway.

I think the trick would be to give most of it away to good causes which gives you something useful to do while at the same time making sure you don't leave so much that you kill the drive of the next generation.

The key here being 'most'. Usually it seems that the very wealthy only give away crumbs of their fortune and yet expect great applause for it.

Funkmonkey
08-09-2020, 12:08 AM
If you're always growing and improving yourself, then I think you'll be okay.

bryam
12-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone, a pleasure to greet you, thank you for sharing this, this incredible I would like to hear the rest if you have them to delight me with such beautiful music