PDA

View Full Version : Crying Oompa Loompa Refers to Himself 76 Times

jacksmar
01-05-2016, 07:05 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/us-needs-feel-sense-urgency-over-gun-control-170814840.html?nf=1

Tearful Obama pleads for 'urgency' on gun control

Washington (AFP) - President Barack Obama shed tears Tuesday as he announced limited measures to tackle rampant US gun violence and called on Americans to punish lawmakers who oppose more meaningful reforms.

"We do have to feel a sense of urgency about it. In Dr. King's words, we need to feel the fierce urgency of now, because people are dying," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The KHB is fine with letting babies who survive abortion die.
BUT cries over Newtown..............

guns bad, abortion good.....................

Satan
01-05-2016, 07:09 PM
What does any of this have to do with John BONER?

http://www.thedailygouge.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/john-boehner-oompa-loompa.jpg

jacksmar
01-05-2016, 07:16 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Me1f02bdf3881d06f19297d02a8ae8c42o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=252&h=189

TARD, with your multiple personality disorder, you aren't buying guns are you?

DONNIEP
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Somebody please tell me how Ubama's proposal would have prevented the shooting at Sandy Hook?

And honestly the FFL requirement doesn't bother me one bit. I've been thinking about paying the 150 bucks to get one myself. Not because I want to sell my guns, I don't sell. But it would be cool to be able to easily buy suppressors and fully automatic weapons. Ok, so I probably wouldn't buy a fully automatic weapon even if I could because they're too expensive and honestly burn too much ammo. Mainly I'd like to have one to buy at wholesale for myself and for my friends to purchase at a deep discount. And I wouldn't have ONE problem conducting NICS checks every time and keeping the records for 20 years. Oh yeah, and since my state requires a pistol purchase permit for EVERY purchase - individual sales and those by a licensed dealer - that means anybody buying a gun from me would have to have TWO background checks. And I personally think it's a great fucking system. Every state should do the same.

Now, again, somebody tell me how crybaby Ubama's new proposal would have prevented Sandy Hook. I really want to hear this.

Anonymous
01-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Somebody please tell me how Ubama's proposal would have prevented the shooting at Sandy Hook?

And honestly the FFL requirement doesn't bother me one bit. I've been thinking about paying the 150 bucks to get one myself. Not because I want to sell my guns, I don't sell. But it would be cool to be able to easily buy suppressors and fully automatic weapons. Ok, so I probably wouldn't buy a fully automatic weapon even if I could because they're too expensive and honestly burn too much ammo. Mainly I'd like to have one to buy at wholesale for myself and for my friends to purchase at a deep discount. And I wouldn't have ONE problem conducting NICS checks every time and keeping the records for 20 years. Oh yeah, and since my state requires a pistol purchase permit for EVERY purchase - individual sales and those by a licensed dealer - that means anybody buying a gun from me would have to have TWO background checks. And I personally think it's a great fucking system. Every state should do the same.

Now, again, somebody tell me how crybaby Ubama's new proposal would have prevented Sandy Hook. I really want to hear this.

It's not a politician's job to make you safe. It's a politician's job to SAY things that make you FEEL safe.

DONNIEP
01-05-2016, 08:22 PM
It's not a politician's job to make you safe. It's a politician's job to SAY things that make you FEEL safe.

I don't need Ubama to make me safe or feel safe. What I need is a couple Ubama phones. And I wish he'd give out Ubama Debit Cards I could use to buy beers and Taco Bell food every month. If he'd do that I'd vote for that sumbitch for the rest of my life :biggrin:

Anonymous
01-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Ah, that's pretty easy. All you have to do is give away all your rights & freedoms & your government will be glad to take care of you.

While you're useful.

If you vote Bernie, you might even get a reacharound. I think. I can't think of any other reason why some people are so over-excited about the old fart.

twonabomber
01-05-2016, 09:19 PM
The proposal wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook. Wouldn't have prevented the school shooting near me in Chardon, and not the one last summer a few miles from here.

Anonymous
01-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Just watched the video.

Those aren't real tears. He's a horrible actor.

Then again, people are used to horrible actors nowadays. They find this kind of horrible acting believable.

FORD
01-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Sandy Hook happened because Lanza's MOTHER was a nutcase out of her mind Alex Jones loving, MRE stashing, paranoid lunatic wackjob. She should have never been allowed to own guns herself, let alone make them available to her mutant drug addled son.

The only justice in Sandy Hook is that fucking worthless cunt was the first one to die. Too bad she wasn't the only one.

Seshmeister
01-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Just watched the video.

Those aren't real tears. He's a horrible actor.

Then again, people are used to horrible actors nowadays. They find this kind of horrible acting believable.

Not like the good old days... :)

twonabomber
01-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Smith and Wesson stock is up since the announcement.

I went out for lunch and to pick a couple things up at Home Depot around 2. Gander Mountain is across the street from Home Depot...Gander was busy. So was the gun shop/range up the street from work. Their lot only had a couple spaces open.

Obama is a great gun salesperson.

jacksmar
01-06-2016, 06:28 AM
Sandy Hook happened because Lanza's MOTHER was a nutcase out of her mind Alex Jones loving, MRE stashing, paranoid lunatic wackjob. She should have never been allowed to own guns herself, let alone make them available to her mutant drug addled son.

The only justice in Sandy Hook is that fucking worthless cunt was the first one to die. Too bad she wasn't the only one.

the old fuckup you support says drugs OK.

TARD, quit blaming justice. you've never supported justice.......

Anonymous
01-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Not like the good old days... :)

Ow. Ow, the pain!

Over 30 bad, highly offensive jokes scrambled to get out at the same split second. The onslaught has twisted my cortex around, probably tied a few knots somewhere.

Did you pick THIS particular clip on purpose, or was it one of those serendipity things?

Anonymous
01-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Sandy Hook happened because Lanza's MOTHER was a nutcase out of her mind

This is very true. I really do have to agree with you on this. If the little freak's mother had been just an itty bit competent with her duties as a parent, the whole thing wouldn't have happened. She was completely fucked up in the head. The problem is, these people breed way faster than responsible people.

However, you could've just ended the sentence there, instead of going on one of your foaming angry rants that added nothing added nothing else to the discussion.

Well, I lie. One thing you say COULD add to the discussion.

paranoid lunatic wackjob

Anyone want to take a crack at the fact that FROD just typed this about someone else?

Seshmeister
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
The proposal wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook. Wouldn't have prevented the school shooting near me in Chardon, and not the one last summer a few miles from here.

There were over 370 mass shootings would it have prevented any of them?

DONNIEP
01-06-2016, 10:15 AM

Probably not. All it takes is one psycho with a bolt action rifle and a clock tower.

vandeleur
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Ban clock towers doh :D

twonabomber
01-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Of course not. Just touching on the ones that hit close to home.

Anonymous
01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Ban clock towers doh :D

If they do that, these guys will run around claiming it's a gubment cuntspiracy to take away their right of telling the time in public!

Open time telling is a big thing in the UBA.

Anonymous
01-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Of course not. Just touching on the ones that hit close to home.

I think Shesh is trying to fish for someone who would say "well, maybe one or two".

Then he could sit up straight, adopt a smug smile & self-righteously type "Then it would all be worth it."

I'm glad you guys are all so dumb that you managed to avoid this blatant self-serving trap out of sheer cluelessness.

vandeleur
01-06-2016, 11:29 AM
:biggrin:

DONNIEP
01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
There ain't a law that can be passed that will prevent some psycho from killing a bunch of people. Background checks are a non issue here - we already have a law that states you gotta perform a background check for all gun purchases and nobody's crying about it infringing on their rights.

But when the ATF puts out new guidelines and there's no red line threshold that says how many guns you can sell before you have to have an FFL then there's a problem. The new guidelines are bullshit. Let's say I decided to sell my AR because I wanted to build one myself but I've only had it for a month or so. The time that I've owned it can be considered when the gubment wants to decide if I'm in the business of selling guns. Let's say I decide to sell two of my guns to fund the purchase of two different ones. Same problem. Since there's no threshold the gubment can come in after the fact and prosecute me even though I haven't violated any law. In fact, in the case of handgun sales, whomever I've sold to had to go through TWO background checks before I can sell him his new pistol.

What this is is a way to prosecute law abiding citizens by making the law so ambiguous that no one knows if they've violated it.

vandeleur
01-06-2016, 12:10 PM
There ain't a law that can be passed that will prevent some psycho from killing a bunch of people. Background checks are a non issue here - we already have a law that states you gotta perform a background check for all gun purchases and nobody's crying about it infringing on their rights.

But when the ATF puts out new guidelines and there's no red line threshold that says how many guns you can sell before you have to have an FFL then there's a problem. The new guidelines are bullshit. Let's say I decided to sell my AR because I wanted to build one myself but I've only had it for a month or so. The time that I've owned it can be considered when the gubment wants to decide if I'm in the business of selling guns. Let's say I decide to sell two of my guns to fund the purchase of two different ones. Same problem. Since there's no threshold the gubment can come in after the fact and prosecute me even though I haven't violated any law. In fact, in the case of handgun sales, whomever I've sold to had to go through TWO background checks before I can sell him his new pistol.

What this is is a way to prosecute law abiding citizens by making the law so ambiguous that no one knows if they've violated it.

I have to say izzys posts are funnier :D

Seshmeister
01-06-2016, 11:41 PM
I think it's funny that so many Americans would prefer to think of themselves as somehow far more likely to be naturally born 'evil' violent killers than that that some of their laws were a bit shit.

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I think it's funny that so many Americans would prefer to think of themselves as somehow far more likely to be naturally born 'evil' violent killers than that that some of their laws were a bit shit.

It may be your stuttering that's throwing me off here but I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you saying people who go on killing sprees do it because of lax laws or, well, I don't know what :biggrin:

Seshmeister
01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Maybe you're just not developed? :)

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/65077000/gif/_65077559_us_gun_compared_624.gif

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Well, out of all of our gun deaths, only a little over 8,000 are actual murders. That's pretty low for a country of almost 330 million people. Now, any gun murder is too many. But you have to keep in mind that a large percentage of that number is gang related violence - regardless of what any liberal posts here about how DC and Chicago and Detroit and Baltimore are actually violence free Utopias.

What really needs to happen right now is for the STATES to enact laws that reasonably tighten up background checks. For example, a pistol purchase permit costs five bucks here. You fill out an application, pay your five bucks, and your local sheriff's department runs a background check. I heard it's taking about two weeks right now. It's not a hassle nor does it infringe on anyone's rights. All of the states should pass the same law and then the federal gubment wouldn't be sticking its dick in our business.

Seshmeister
01-07-2016, 01:29 PM
If you don't have border controls between states then that seems pretty meaningless to have controls in some.

8000 murders is NOT pretty low. It should be closer to a third of that in a normal developed country.

Also why make suicide so easy in the US, how many of those suicides weren't thought through?

Why not go the whole way?

Von Halen
01-07-2016, 01:58 PM
The good guy wins again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mugger-shot-by-cpl-holder-in-failed-robbery-on-detroits-west-side

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mugger-shot-by-cpl-holder-in-failed-robbery-on-detroits-west-side

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
If you don't have border controls between states then that seems pretty meaningless to have controls in some.

8000 murders is NOT pretty low. It should be closer to a third of that in a normal developed country.

Also why make suicide so easy in the US, how many of those suicides weren't thought through?

Why not go the whole way?

I've been saying for years all states should adopt the same laws that mine has. It should be uniform across the board. And it could be passed at the state level easily.

As far as suicides go, beats me how you prevent those. I don't have any statistics but I'd bet the number of people who go through the hassle of a background check and obtaining a permit and then go home with their new pistol and blowing their brains out is rather low. And while every suicide is a tragedy, it's kinda hard to judge future intent. And if somebody chooses to off himself then there's not a lot you can do to stop it.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is Ubama's new proposal wouldn't have prevented even one mass shooting or gang murder. All it does is force more people to obtain an FFL or face possible prosecution for selling even ONE gun. And like I said, most people who are truly selling a lot of guns won't mind one bit obtaining an FFL. So his tearful proposal is nothing more than an end run around Congress to test the waters to see if a presidential executive action on gun control can stick. If it does, the next democrat president will use his Magical Mystery Pen to create a nationwide gun registry and then ban certain weapons. Or something wacky like that. That's why the states should act now, so that the federal gubment won't be inclined to fuck around in things that are none of its business.

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 09:30 PM
So I guess nobody else is gonna call Ubama out on his lies about online sales. So I will.

Go online to GunsAmerica or gunbroker or bobsguns or any other online gun sales site and buy a firearm. If you can have it shipped to your house or anywhere other than a Federal Firearms Licensee then you and the seller just committed major felonies. Now, good luck because USPS won't ship it. And the other shippers require a signed copy of the FFL recipient's, well, FFL.

Now, since the new firearm you purchased has to be shipped to an FFL, go try and pick up your new gun WITHOUT a background check. Please, I'll give any Ubama suck dick or ultra liberal here 100 American Dollars if you can go pick up your new gun from an FFL without a background check. Concealed Carry Permit holders don't count - we can just walk in and buy whatever the fuck we want, so long as it doesn't require a stamp. Of course, we've already passed an extensive FBI and state background check.

So Ubama can take his tears and his lies and shove them right up his ass. A whole lot of the American people are so goddamn stupid they actually believe this crap. Just like they believe pregnant women were subject to pre-existing exclusions before Ubamacare or people can easily by so-called "assault weapons".

Seshmeister
01-07-2016, 10:39 PM
If it does, the next democrat president will use his Magical Mystery Pen to create a nationwide gun registry and then ban certain weapons. Or something wacky like that.

Wacky? :)

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Wacky? :)

I'll take it back if you can prove how a gun registry or a ban of certain guns would have prevented insane people from killing other people.

Von Halen
01-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Why doesn't that ignorant motherfucker worry about stopping some of the killing in his hometown Chicago? They have some of the strictest gun laws in the U.S. in Illinois, and Chicago has some of the worst gun violence. Does that fool really think all his brotha's in Chicago are killing each other with legally purchased guns? Does that ignorant fucking fool think that stricter gun laws will result in less killings in his shithole Chicago? Doesn't that retarded fuckstick realize all of his welfare recipients aren't following any laws, let alone gun laws?

Anonymous
01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Why doesn't that ignorant motherfucker worry about stopping some of the killing in his hometown Chicago? They have some of the strictest gun laws in the U.S. in Illinois, and Chicago has some of the worst gun violence. Does that fool really think all his brotha's in Chicago are killing each other with legally purchased guns? Does that ignorant fucking fool think that stricter gun laws will result in less killings in his shithole Chicago? Doesn't that retarded fuckstick realize all of his welfare recipients aren't following any laws, let alone gun laws?

I'm starting to believe Donnie's conspiracy that Obama wants to turn the UBA over to the Islamites.

DONNIEP
01-07-2016, 11:24 PM

What Ubama wants is to disarm all the people who can legally purchase firearms AFTER passing background checks. The only people left owning guns will be the fucksticks who buy their pieces from a skinny on a street corner. And anybody who says otherwise is a fucking moron.

The only people who purchase guns online without submitting to a background check are CRIMINALS who skirt the goddamn laws. I'll up the ante and offer up 200 bucks to any Ubama suck dick who can purchase a gun online and have it shipped to anyone other than a Federal Firearms Licensee. Nobody will collect the cash because it's not possible. And only a fucking moron will prove that they bought a firearm illegally because it's illegal as shit!!

Angel
01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Gee...and I thought maybe he was tired of CHILDREN being killed...

vandeleur
01-08-2016, 10:01 AM

There wasn't any children killed , if there were children killed it was by the gangs, the children were in gangs , hey these kids had checks done on them, the people who killed them had licenses. They were open carry children.
It's the blacks , the moozkims, the Limeys , it's to protect the 2nd amendments to the child killing licenses.
It was clearly a cuntspirosy it's impossible to hit a child with a 747 , the kids had been previously rigged to exploded. It's the Jews and the slick backs. It. Was the dAn reed network working with cool and the gang , did I mention gangs.

Not sure really what were we talking about again.
Did Kristy ban elvis ?

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:32 AM

Honestly I don't doubt his sincerity about that. But what he's proposing wouldn't have prevented that from happening. So what he's doing is using that horrific tragedy to push through new guidelines that have no clear threshold that states how many guns you can sell before you need an FFL. In other words if you sell a gun to your best friend, the gubment can come prosecute you for not having an FFL and not performing a background check even if you're not "in the business of selling guns". This is like changing all the speed limit signs to say 0 - 200 mph. You drive whatever speed you think is appropriate and then the police will arrest you if they think you're going too fast.

And nobody wants to see any children or adults being murdered. Even one shooting is too many, unless it's gang on gang then who really cares. But Ubama standing up there and fake crying to get new guidelines enacted that basically make everyone a criminal is absolute bullshit. He's so scary smart and yet he couldn't pick a number out of the air - say 50 - and make that the red line. You sell more than 50 guns in a year then you have to have an FFL. So instead what he does is has it written so that even one or two sales can land you in prison and fined all to hell when there's no language in the guidelines that says one or two sales without an FFL is illegal.

And if he really wants to save some kids' lives then he needs to go back to Shitcago and clean up the mess there.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I don't understand your argument.

Are you saying it should be ok to sell up to 50 guns to your 'friends' without background checks?

You shouldn't be able to transfer the ownership of any gun without doing a background check otherwise there is no point in having background checks.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't understand your argument.

Are you saying it should be ok to sell up to 50 guns to your 'friends' without background checks?

You shouldn't be able to transfer the ownership of any gun without doing a background check otherwise there is no point in having background checks.

And that's exactly what I have said here repeatedly regarding background checks.

The point I'm making is Ubama's proposal wouldn't have prevented even ONE mass shooting. What he's done is change the ATF guidelines to say if you're "in the business of selling guns" then you have to obtain an FFL and perform a background check. But the guidelines say that even one or two sales MAY be considered "in the business of selling guns". Why does this even make one bit of difference to me? I'll explain:

If I want to sell one of my pistols to my buddy, we'll call him Old Coot Von, OCV has to have either a pistol purchase permit or a concealed carry permit because this state requires either of those in order to buy my used pistol. So OCV has already passed his background check. The problem is the Feds can show up later and prosecute me because the new ATF guidelines say that even one or two sales can be considered "in the business of selling guns". Of course it also states crap like if you're selling from your collection to improve your collection then you're exempt. But then they reiterate the fact that even one or two sales can be considered illegal without an FFL.

And we're strictly talkin about this new proposal here. And it's bullshit to publish new guidelines that basically leaves it up to the gubment to determine if you've violated a law without telling you what the damn law is.

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Old Coot Von is too obvious, you'll give away his identity.

Use Old Coot Halen instead, people will think you're talking about Eddie, not Von.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Old Coot Von is too obvious, you'll give away his identity.

Use Old Coot Halen instead, people will think you're talking about Eddie, not Von.

No, see Eddie is OBC - Old Bitter Cunt. It's very difficult keeping all these names straight. And I wouldn't sell Ed so much as a sharp stick. He's so stupid he shouldn't be allowed near anything that can remotely harm anyone. And speaking of OBC, isn't about time we heard some of this scary awesome new music he's written over the years? I mean, it should be pretty good since he wrote most of it while he was drunk and we all know that's when he was at his best.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 12:56 PM
And, BTW, I'm currently the high bidder on a pistol I've been looking for, on GunsAmerica.com. Anybody wanna venture a guess as to where said gun MUST be shipped? That's right - to an FFL. So Ubama can quit his cryin - I'll have to fill out the exact same paperwork any other person has to when buying a gun. Cause you can't ship to anyone but an FFL.

And where the fuck were the tears when Americans were getting their goddamn heads chopped off in Dirtville? And why in the fuck does he even give two shits about kids dying since he's all for abortion. What, the only lives that matter now are between the ages of birth and late teens, so long as they're not young people getting shot to shit in the liberal run ghettos in this country?

I need me some tacos.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 04:48 PM
And why in the fuck does he even give two shits about kids dying since he's all for abortion.

That is a ludicrous 'Only in America' jump of illogicality.

That's like saying why not legalise nuclear weapons for teenagers since rubbers are legal.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 04:53 PM
If I want to sell one of my pistols to my buddy,

I would stop it there.

You shouldn't be able to transfer ownership of your pistol except by selling it back to a dealer.

Who knows if your pals id is genuine or not.

Nickdfresh
01-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Obama is a great gun salesperson.

Has been since the beginning...

Von Halen
01-08-2016, 05:16 PM

Yeah, because the 9 year old boy in Chicago that was taken to an alley and executed, because his Dad was involved with a gang, was executed by law abiding citizens that obtained the weapon they used to kill the kid, legally.

I wonder why all the white people haters around here, and everywhere, didn't riot and all that shit, over this travesty? Maybe because it was a black on black crime? A 9 YEAR OLD KID WAS EXECUTED AS A MESSAGE TO HIS FATHER, BY A GANG!!! In a State with some of the strictest gun laws!!

Sesh, I'd have no problem if I were required to sell a gun back to a Dealer, or work it through the Dealer for a fee, or whatever. Like Donnie, I think every single person buying a gun LEGALLY, should have a background check done on them. I know it took 3 months for me to get my CPL, because of all the background checks and stuff. Didn't bother me. Just waited it out. Even if I didn't have the CPL, you go through a background check here in Michigan, when you buy a gun LEGALLY. We still have to register our guns with the police department. I want my gun registered. If it got lost or stolen, I'd want them to know, in case it was ever used in a crime.

The people that are law abiding citizens, and already obey the laws, don't have any issues following guidelines. It's the CRIMINALS that fuck it up for the rest of us.

President dumbfuck should work on making it easier to execute these killers. It would help ease overcrowding in prisons, take some burden off the tax payers.

Of course, we all know prisons are big business. Just like big pharmaceuticals, insurance companies and health care, prisons are being directed by politics. Criminals themselves.

FORD
01-08-2016, 05:20 PM
The gun laws in the state of Illinois are really irrelevant to Chicago. You are minutes away from Indiana, or a few more minutes away from Wisconsin in the other direction. Either of which has far more permissive gun laws.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 06:00 PM
That is a ludicrous 'Only in America' jump of illogicality.

That's like saying why not legalise nuclear weapons for teenagers since rubbers are legal.

Oh what do you know? I bet you don't even have a cool sword. And you call yourself a Scotsman. You should have to turn in yer kilt!

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I wonder why all the white people haters around here, and everywhere, didn't riot and all that shit, over this travesty?

Because that's racist.

Every time I read that, I want to bash the retard's skull in.

"That's racist."

How the fuck do people get so fucked up in the head that they become scared shitless of even THINKING anything that might get them labelled as racists?

How is racism to say that black people commit crimes? All races do! Your country is full of spineless cowards, Von. Sorry excuses for human beings. They'll let a black or a muslim beat them to death without reacting just so no one will say they're racists. And they'll apologise for soiling the thug's boots with their blood & brains.

I can't stand this kind of fucked up retardedness.

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:15 PM
The gun laws in the state of Illinois are really irrelevant to Chicago. You are minutes away from Indiana, or a few more minutes away from Wisconsin in the other direction. Either of which has far more permissive gun laws.

That's it, I'm fed up. Von's post was the straw that broke the camel's back!

You & your friends aren't allowed to talk politics because you're spineless maggots that are more afraid of words than a kick to the head.

How is ANYONE supposed to take you seriously when you're too much of a coward to type what NWA stands for?

You' live in abject fear, FROD. You're a pussy! No, I take that back - you make pussies look like Conan the Barbarian. You're too damned coward to even BE a coward.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 06:16 PM

And how many of those gang bangers do you think are driving to Indiana or Wisconsin, going into a gun store and buying their murder machines, where they are going to be subjected to background checks?

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:20 PM
And how many of those gang bangers do you think are driving to Indiana or Wisconsin, going into a gun store and buying their murder machines, where they are going to be subjected to background checks?

Gang members don't exist in FROD's world.

In his tiny little mind, black people aren't even human beings, because he never saw one. They're ideals of perfection, angels that are far above us filthy white monkeys.

vandeleur
01-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Black rage

http://youtu.be/SMCki0Z_AlA

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Black rage

C'mon Vandy. We all know no black individual has even come near a gun.

FORD
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
How is ANYONE supposed to take you seriously when you're too much of a coward to type what NWA stands for?

Why should I go to the trouble of typing a word that's going to be replaced by a bunch of asterisks?? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-V7Tdrgd4

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Why should I go to the trouble of typing a word that's going to be replaced by a bunch of asterisks?? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-V7Tdrgd4

That made me s******!!

Anonymous
N.W.A. - Niggaz Wit Attitudes

See? No asterisks.

http://s21.postimg.org/hzhhjgchz/cowardly_lion.jpg

Turn in your man card, FROD. You have no spine.

DONNIEP
Oh no - censored by The White Man!! I done been discriminated upongst!!

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 07:38 PM
N.W.A. - Niggaz Wit Attitudes

http://s21.postimg.org/hzhhjgchz/cowardly_lion.jpg

Turn in your man card, FROD. You have no spine.

Actually I think the original name of the "group" was Niggaz Wit No Talent and Really Stupid Lyrics.

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Oh no - censored by The White Man!! I done been discriminated upongst!!

If we hassle FROD wearing black face, will he report us to the poe lease?

Or will he believe we're really black people & blow us? 'Cuz he never seen one of them blacks.

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Actually I think the original name of the "group" was Niggaz Wit No Talent and Really Stupid Lyrics.

Yeah, that was the placeholder until they learned a new word.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 07:42 PM
If we hassle FROD wearing black face, will he report us to the poe lease?

Or will he believe we're really black people & blow us? 'Cuz he never seen one of them blacks.

I think he'd give us each a hundred bucks and the keys to his car.

FORD
01-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Actually, the lyrics were great when Ice Cube was writing them. Not as much after he left the group. Which probably contributed to their downfall as much as Jerry Heller being a crooked fucking bastard did.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Actually, the lyrics were great when Ice Cube was writing them. Not as much after he left the group. Which probably contributed to their downfall as much as Jerry Heller being a crooked fucking bastard did.

The only Ice Cube song I know is that Today Was A Good Day, which was a rip off of the Isley Brothers and the lyrics to it are pretty stupid too.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Saying that one State has strict gun controls but lots of gun crime is maybe because it has to be a federal law.

If for example England removed excise duty on vodka meaning it was 50 cents a bottle it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to argue well in Scotland it's still 20 times the price so why is everyone so drunk there too?

It's a silly argument unless you are going to put big border controls in which in the case of the US is impossible so it's a single entity unless you think you will be caught. People that kill usually don't think they will be caught or more often they do it in the spur of the moment. Having killing tools makes this happen far more often.

As far as the real root of the problem though that comes down to social inequality and that may be even more upsetting to you. Countries with the biggest gaps between rich and poor and the least happy and usually the most violent.

Anonymous
01-08-2016, 07:56 PM

There you go blaming whitey again.

I've been reading up on their story & those niggaz were backstabbing each other since day one. Then one of them got to be Heller's bitch & the others all got jelly.

Why didn't they stick together against whitey? Why were they so willing to sell each other? Explain THAT to me.

There are many black people who are a credit to the human race. But those thugs have always been shit. They're black trash.

FORD
01-08-2016, 07:57 PM
The only Ice Cube song I know is that Today Was A Good Day, which was a rip off of the Isley Brothers and the lyrics to it are pretty stupid too.

especially the part about the Lakers beating the SuperSonics. How the Hell could that be a good day :(

FORD
01-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Why didn't they stick together against whitey? Why were they so willing to sell each other? Explain THAT to me.

Eazy saw a little money and became a greedy ass Republican. No, I'm completely serious.....

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/uyrbtp9iiefxl8euddtm.jpg

Of course there are some in the hip-hop community who believe the BCE took him out, and that they used this opportunity to infect him with the HIV virus. While I wouldn't put it past Poppy for a second to do such a thing, the fact that Eazy spent a lot of time around junkies & ho's certainly allows for other, more conventional means of infection.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Oh what do you know? I bet you don't even have a cool sword. And you call yourself a Scotsman. You should have to turn in yer kilt!

I've got a big knife though and I will cut you! :)

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 08:21 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12509886_940859185951385_5612866531908470547_n.jpg ?oh=4ad9ffc0d1e746dceafe0b5b01c003e0&oe=5713A039

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 08:39 PM
I've got a big knife though and I will cut you! :)

Silly, knives are banned in the UK ;)

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 08:41 PM
The Mayor of Boston was there with him and got massive coverage talking about how great this would be. And especially today when two cops got shot, he went into overdrive about this. Somebody forgot to tell him MA has MUCH tougher laws in place than what Obama is pushing. And since they've been put in place, gun violence has skyrocketed here. Anti-gunners blame surrounding states for having "Soft" gun laws, but their stats have gone down. So where is the finger pointed next?

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Silly, knives are banned in the UK ;) Switchblades and double-edged knives have been banned in MA for years (Same charge as possessing a sawed-off shotgun). A few years ago there was so many stabbings in and around Boston they threw the idea of banning knife sales in the city. I think they missed the point.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 09:00 PM
The Mayor of Boston was there with him and got massive coverage talking about how great this would be. And especially today when two cops got shot, he went into overdrive about this. Somebody forgot to tell him MA has MUCH tougher laws in place than what Obama is pushing. And since they've been put in place, gun violence has skyrocketed here. Anti-gunners blame surrounding states for having "Soft" gun laws, but their stats have gone down. So where is the finger pointed next?

Well the finger sure as hell won't be pointed at the goddamn criminals who are carrying out the crimes. Funny thing is, we could ban all gun sales tomorrow and confiscate all the guns and the criminals would still be better armed than the police.

Not me though. I like my perfectly legally purchased weapons. And I ain't about to give them up or stop buying guns. And somehow, in almost 40 years of owning guns, those guns have managed to hurt exactly no one. Because I'm not a criminal or a nut case. And if I was one of those two I'd still be able to buy all the guns I wanted just by going to the bad part of town and flashing some cash. Ubama's new ATF guidelines wouldn't be a problem.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Switchblades and double-edged knives have been banned in MA for years (Same charge as possessing a sawed-off shotgun). A few years ago there was so many stabbings in and around Boston they threw the idea of banning knife sales in the city. I think they missed the point.

We can't carry switchblades either. Spring assisted folding knives are fine. But you get caught with a switchblade here and you is fuckee fuckeed. Never mind that I can open my non spring assisted knife almost as fast as a switchblade. But laws are laws and I follow the law. For now, lol

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Like I said, in MA we have all that and more. And It only gets worse for legal owners. Since 1976 Ma has had a zero-tolerance law--get caught with a pistol without a permit and you get a year in jail. Up till a few years ago (when I stopped keeping track) NOBODY EVER served the year...Not ONE. So you tell me...where does the problem lie??

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Like I said, in MA we have all that and more. And It only gets worse for legal owners. Since 1976 Ma has had a zero-tolerance law--get caught with a pistol without a permit and you get a year in jail. Up till a few years ago (when I stopped keeping track) NOBODY EVER served the year...Not ONE. So you tell me...where does the problem lie??

Open carry is legal here. So if you pass a background check to obtain a pistol purchase permit and then want to go around like Wyatt Earp - go for it. And guess what? Lots of people DO openly carry pistols. And it's not a problem. Most people never bat an eye at it. That's just how it is down here. And I like the fact that open carry is legal. And we have over half a million people in this state with concealed carry permits.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 09:45 PM
I think the crazy nuts thing about all of this is that short of a complete ban on firearms is that all of you upstanding citizens would still have your guns anyway so worst case scenario is that some other people don't have a killing tool. How bad can that be?

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 09:46 PM
It is here in MA also...But never done, as people are not very well versed in the law, and as the blue-blood north is, they would panic. That said, I don't think it's a good idea because it just creates more problems with the populus...

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 09:52 PM
I think the crazy nuts thing about all of this is that short of a complete ban on firearms is that all of you upstanding citizens would still have your guns anyway so worst case scenario is that some other people don't have a killing tool. How bad can that be?

Well it comes down to how it's done. When they talk about not allowing people on the no-fly list to purchase guns it sounds like a good idea on the surface...BUT there is no standard or outline to be added to that list..No oversight or real proof of being unsuitable. These are the standards that some would use in the firearm argument.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 09:54 PM
It is here in MA also...But never done, as people are not very well versed in the law, and as the blue-blood north is, they would panic. That said, I don't think it's a good idea because it just creates more problems with the populus...

You know better than I do since you live there. So it's probably a good thing that most people there don't open carry. And I believe each state should have the right to decide if open carry should be legal and I support whatever decision the people of each state makes.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:01 PM
The North-East is not the culture to do that. People have to have half a brain about it's precieved by the masses. Working against yourself, and picking your fights so to speak.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:01 PM

See, you miss the point of Ubama's new ATF guidelines - they don't prevent ANYBODY from buying a firearm. All it does is leave it up to the gubment to decide if YOU are a criminal and illegally sold a gun without telling you what the goddamn law is.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Incidentally for all the tough guys going on about Obama crying and also why I'm sticking my opinion in here too.

20 years ago a cunt did a mass shooting in Scotland with legally owned handguns and killed 15 five year old children and their teacher. I saw the parents in the ER of the kids who had been wounded. When you have seen the faces of the parents of a child who has been shot for no reason then that will change your shitty arguments about the rights of someone to have a weapon that can be hidden blah de fucking blah.

I get that Americans have a weird obsession with guns but I do think it's really fucking off to have a go at black Jesus for getting emotional about dead kids. I still get upset if I think of those parents faces and I was only with them for a minute or two. Seriously get a grip.

What sort of sociopathic monster do you want as president who is so dead inside? Ok Donald would be fine if that's what you want.

So in the UK all handguns were banned even to the point of causing problems for the Olympics. Maybe we've just been lucky but that was the last mass school shooting.

20 years ago.

More people were murdered in the US on Xmas day with guns than in the UK for the whole of 2015.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Depending on your view, the gun debate can be seen in many different ways. The one thing I can tell you is living in a state that have some of the toughest gun laws in the country....That were at the time they were passed...were suppose to make the problem better has in fact made it worse...Much worse. What I'd like is something that works...And the way it is being approached now is not working.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:14 PM
And again, Obama's plan is much less than we have in MA. If it works as well (and I don't think it will make one bit of difference) for the country as it has for MA then God help us.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Incidentally for all the tough guys going on about Obama crying and also why I'm sticking my opinion in here too.

20 years ago a cunt did a mass shooting in Scotland with legally owned handguns and killed 15 five year old children and their teacher. I saw the parents in the ER of the kids who had been wounded. When you have seen the faces of the parents of a child who has been shot for no reason then that will change your shitty arguments about the rights of someone to have a weapon that can be hidden blah de fucking blah.

I get that Americans have a weird obsession with guns but I do think it's really fucking off to have a go at black Jesus for getting emotional about dead kids. I still get upset if I think of those parents faces and I was only with them for a minute or two. Seriously get a grip.

What sort of sociopathic monster do you want as president who is so dead inside? Ok Donald would be fine if that's what you want.

So in the UK all handguns were banned even to the point of causing problems for the Olympics. Maybe we've just been lucky but that was the last mass school shooting.

20 years ago.

More people were murdered in the US on Xmas day with guns than in the UK for the whole of 2015.

Where were the tears when Americans got their heads chopped off on video?

I'm not a "tough guy" - I'm just a regular dude. But that sumbitch can't muster even ONE tear for Americans having their heads sliced off? That motherfucker goes out and plays golf after an American citizen gets his head cut the fuck off and then stands up there and fake cries over kids AND says he's gonna fix it by changing the ATF guidelines that have ZERO effect on anyone other than allowing his justice department to decide who is a criminal without defining the law?? And he continually lies about how anyone can buy anything they want online. He's a lying sack of shit. Again, you can't purchase a gun online without having it shipped to an FFL and then you MUST undergo a background check when you go to pick it up. Fuck him.

There isn't ONE gun owner here who wants nutcase psychos to be able to buy guns.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Most of the modern mass-shooters (about 98%) in the US have picked gun-free zones to inflict their sick agendas. There is a reason for that.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm very aware of the fact I'm never going to change your minds.

All I'm doing is giving you the outside the US bubble view...

I know that it's very odd to get very drunk and wear a plaid skirt at New Year and it makes very little sense and I know that the plaid(tartan) which it seemed important to get correct based on my name/clan is a fairly recent invention and it's all a bit of silly fun.

That's a fairly harmless cultural bit of BS.

When your violent death rate reaches 3 times that of everyone else it's maybe time to have a look at how you are doing things.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:21 PM
One of the sad (and dis-honest) things about this is the miss-information that's thrown out about the existing laws that cover most of what is being talked about as being legal.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Most of the modern mass-shooters (about 98%) in the US have picked gun-free zones to inflict their sick agendas. There is a reason for that.

No, according to the liberals, it's just a coincidence. Mass shooters actually have no clue what a gun free zone is and just coincidentally choose places where nobody MAY have a gun and MAY have a chance to minimize the damage.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:23 PM
There isn't ONE gun owner here who wants nutcase psychos to be able to buy guns.

Well prevent it then.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm very aware of the fact I'm never going to change your minds.

All I'm doing is giving you the outside the US bubble view...

I know that it's very odd to get very drunk and wear a plaid skirt at New Year and it makes very little sense and I know that the plaid(tartan) which it seemed important to get correct based on my name/clan is a fairly recent invention and it's all a bit of silly fun.

That's a fairly harmless cultural bit of BS.

When your violent death rate reaches 3 times that of everyone else it's maybe time to have a look at how you are doing things.

Sesh - you have to keep in mind that a large percentage of those gun murders are committed by gang members or thugs who purchase their guns illegally! Christmas Eve: Charlotte, North Carolina, local hi end mall has a shooting and the shooter gets shot to death by an off duty police officer. The shooter was an 18 year old thug with a rap sheet longer than a goddamn Claymore. He didn't go to some gun store, pass a background check, buy his guns, then decide to shoot the place up. And MOST shootings are not carried out by people who are law abiding citizens. Sure, some are. But most are not. So that 8000 number is skewed all to hell man.

And kilts are bad ass. Connor Macleod wore one and he was a bad ass!! Embrace the kilt!

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Where were the tears when Americans got their heads chopped off on video?

I'm not a "tough guy" - I'm just a regular dude. But that sumbitch can't muster even ONE tear for Americans having their heads sliced off? That motherfucker goes out and plays golf after an American citizen gets his head cut the fuck off and then stands up there and fake cries over kids AND says he's gonna fix it by changing the ATF guidelines that have ZERO effect on anyone other than allowing his justice department to decide who is a criminal without defining the law?? And he continually lies about how anyone can buy anything they want online. He's a lying sack of shit. Again, you can't purchase a gun online without having it shipped to an FFL and then you MUST undergo a background check when you go to pick it up. Fuck him.

No offence but at this point in your life you should be able to distinguish between people and policies.

Politicians are all different degrees of assholes it's absolutely impossible for that not to be the case.

You are being a dick about this because you love guns and have never met someone who has had their 5 year old kid shot in the abdomen and don't want to imagine that.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Well prevent it then.

As it probably sounds mad, there is many-many times that a legal gun owner does just that. It's just not only a popular story, it just does not fit the popular agenda of the mainstream press. Lots of bad things have been stopped by people (civilians) with guns, it just is never reported in the mainstream.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
All my best RA friends disagree with me on this and that's fine. :)

What about fingerprint technology then? All you guys get guns that only you can fire.

That's no longer James Bond stuff, that can be done.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:37 PM
No offence but at this point in your life you should be able to distinguish between people and policies.

Politicians are all different degrees of assholes it's absolutely impossible for that not to be the case.

You are being a dick about this because you love guns and have never met someone who has had their 5 year old kid shot in the abdomen and don't want to imagine that.

There is no defense (or better word would be reason) to a young child being shot that you could make a excuse for. BUT it will never end (in the US) by taking the direction that is currently being pushed.

Seshmeister
Also I think this sums it up quite well...

DONNIEP
Well prevent it then.

Ok, tell me what law would have prevented the Sandy Hook shooting. The shooter killed his mother and took her guns. Tell me what law would prevent that.

I DO my part to prevent it. I own two safes and lock up ALL my guns, aside from what I carry. I wouldn't sell even ONE gun to another person unless I knew the person AND they had a valid concealed carry permit OR a valid pistol purchase permit. And how do I know it's valid? I can easily call the sheriff's department and verify it.

But no background check on the planet can determine future intent. And that's why the liberals and democrats here want to derker derrr!! (Translation: take our guns). I have said repeatedly that all states should require permits for every single handgun purchase. Most shootings aren't carried out with scary black rifles but with handguns. Every state can easily enact the laws my state has and it will make it more difficult to go and buy a damn handgun.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:41 PM

What about fingerprint technology then? All you guys get guns that only you can fire.

The illegal guns will just come from other places. (people with long memorys will remember the Paraquat spraying of the 70s) Drunk Driving is far worse in MA than illegal possession of a firearm (in convictions)

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:42 PM

No, you're missing the topic of this thread AND the title of the thread: this is solely about Ubama's new ATF guidelines. And you don't know what I've seen. I went with my step dad to an AD/ND shooting where one of my buddies accidentally shot his younger brother when I was a kid and saw the younger brother's face half shot off. Luckily he survived and after multiple surgeries wound up looking like a hair lip and not missing half his face. I was there when the kid was screaming bloody murder and looked like he was gonna die.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:43 PM
I DO my part to prevent it. I own two safes and lock up ALL my guns, aside from what I carry. I wouldn't sell even ONE gun to another person unless I knew the person AND they had a valid concealed carry permit OR a valid pistol purchase permit. And how do I know it's valid? I can easily call the sheriff's department and verify it.

You are not the worst person in the world. Maybe a gang member wouldn't do that. See the video above, if a gun is locked up it is no protection, if it isn't then it's far far far more likely an innocent kid will be killed by it.

FORD
01-08-2016, 10:45 PM

I've debated this issue on other boards with some folks who are obviously NRA shills, because all they ever post about is gun topics. They always make some lame excuse about how these "smart guns" with the fingerprint locks "wouldn't work". Even though they probably have a smart phone in front of them (possibly using it to post even) which uses the very same technology to secure the phone.

If somebody steals your phone or tablet, it could be a serious problem, depending on what kind of info you have on it. But odds are, the thief isn't going to be able to kill anybody with it. Who in their right mind would NOT want to secure a gun in the same way?

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Why should my slaves be taken away from me? I'm a responsible slave owner... :D

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 10:48 PM
You are not the worst person in the world. Maybe a gang member wouldn't do that. See the video above, if a gun is locked up it is no protection, if it isn't then it's far far far more likely an innocent kid will be killed by it.

Ok, explain to me how me locking up all of my guns EXCEPT the one I am carrying will either make it available to an "innocent kid" or make it useless as a means of protection.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:51 PM

It all depends on how the children are taught (yes, that is a very un-PC thing now). I grew up with guns...And was taught to respect them..Very hands-on and I knew from a young age what was at stake, and the danger of them. My wife was raised in Louisiana where the culture is very gun-wise, and gun ownership is more of a lifestyle.

FORD
01-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Ok, explain to me how me locking up all of my guns EXCEPT the one I am carrying will either make it available to an "innocent kid" or make it useless as a means of protection.

That's where the smart gun comes in. Unless the kid is you, sent in to the future via phone booth or DeLorean, he's not going to have your fingerprints.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Statistically far more children are killed playing with weapons than in defense of criminals. Far far more.

If you say your weapon is in a safe place then it can't be used for defense so at that point it's either a hobby or a penis substitute.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:54 PM
I've debated this issue on other boards with some folks who are obviously NRA shills, because all they ever post about is gun topics. They always make some lame excuse about how these "smart guns" with the fingerprint locks "wouldn't work". Even though they probably have a smart phone in front of them (possibly using it to post even) which uses the very same technology to secure the phone.

If somebody steals your phone or tablet, it could be a serious problem, depending on what kind of info you have on it. But odds are, the thief isn't going to be able to kill anybody with it. Who in their right mind would NOT want to secure a gun in the same way?

I'm not going to argue the pros or cons of storage, but in this case the fault is usually cast on the gun owner for failure to secure, than the scumbag who did the B&E in the first place.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Statistically far more children are killed playing with weapons than in defense of criminals. Far far more.

If you say your weapon is in a safe place then it can't be used for defense so at that point it's either a hobby or a penis substitute.

If you are taking the "children stat" from the US it is very mis-leading. Andybody who is under 18 is considered a "child" and therefore gang member shooters are lumped into that. Hardly a "child"...

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 10:59 PM
It all depends on how the children are taught (yes, that is a very un-PC thing now). I grew up with guns...And was taught to respect them..Very hands-on and I knew from a young age what was at stake, and the danger of them. My wife was raised in Louisiana where the culture is very gun-wise, and gun ownership is more of a lifestyle.

So fuck the kids that aren't so well taught - natural selection kills over a hundred a year because their parents fuck up.

That's kind of tough and I'm really not sure you would feel the same way if you had to look at their dead corpses but going with that why does that mean you can't have fingerprinted firearms?

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 11:00 PM
If you are taking the "children stat" from the US it is very mis-leading. Andybody who is under 18 is considered a "child" and therefore gang member shooters are lumped into that. Hardly a "child"...

The figure I'm looking at is under 14.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:01 PM

MA has some of the strickest storage laws in the country...And the "Child" stat has gone out of sight because of what I stated above. It can be very mis-leading.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 11:03 PM

When I was a kid, I had a rifle rack hanging above my bed that had a shotgun and I think two rifles hanging on it. My kid has grown up with guns and loves shooting and has a healthy respect for firearms. She's a natural shot, shoots better than me a lot of times (not surprising since I'm old and women have better hand/eye coordination than men), and I've never had to worry about her. She has her own pistol and her own rifle. Funny, she's smart enough to be responsible with both, and both are in the safes.

I don't rip on people in other countries because they can't be trusted to carry pocket knives. Ok, so I really do, lol. But this ain't Scotland or Aingland (you have to say that like Dennis Quaid did in Great Balls Of Fire). This is America. We own guns. The vast majority of us who own guns are more than fine with background checks and all that. But the extreme left AND the extreme right refuse to shut the fuck up and allow those of us in the middle to enact laws that would standardize laws across the country.

FORD
01-08-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm not going to argue the pros or cons of storage, but in this case the fault is usually cast on the gun owner for failure to secure, than the scumbag who did the B&E in the first place.

That certainly happens. I was house sitting for some friends a few years back. Some guy attempted to break into their house and failed, so he went next door where he had better luck. The neighbor was also on vacation, and when his daughter came by to check in on the house, she found this guy sitting in her dad's kitchen, eating breakfast and acting like he belonged there. She knew better of course. There was a gun on the table, but fortunately it was only a pellet gun, as it was the only unsecured weapon in the house. Her dad had several real guns, but he also had the sense to lock them up in a safe. Probably a good move when you live out in the sticks, and close to the mainline west coast railroad corridor (Amtrak/freight/etc/)

A tense situation, because she had kids in the car. But it could have been much uglier if her dad wasn't a responsible gun owner.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 11:05 PM

I get that you're poking the bear here to encourage conversation.

If I secure a weapon on my person, tell me how it can't be used for self defense. Please keep in mind that in America it's not legal to shoot somebody because they want to fist fight.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:06 PM
So fuck the kids that aren't so well taught - natural selection kills over a hundred a year because their parents fuck up.

That's kind of tough and I'm really not sure you would feel the same way if you had to look at their dead corpses but going with that why does that mean you can't have fingerprinted firearms?

Again, the stats are very mis-leading on that type of thing. Does it happen? of course. But not at the rate they would have you believe.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Please keep in mind that in America it's not legal to shoot somebody because they want to fist fight.

In MA it's not even legal to shoot them in you house under threat. You do not have that right.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 11:13 PM
The stats are against you self defence wise.

Look them up, if you have a weapon it's far more likely to be used against you or accidentally hurt a family member or you will use it to kill yourself.

If it isn't a self defence thing then it's a very dangerous hobby and as such it's not unreasonable for the government to attempt to limit peripheral damage from your hobby. They spent a trillion and there have been 24 deaths from terrorism in the last decade so maybe not unreasonable to look at the 300 000 firearm deaths during that time.

Haven't checked those figures but they aren't insanely wrong... :)

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:18 PM

Look them up, if you have a weapon it's far more likely to be used against you or accidentally hurt a family member or you will use it to kill yourself.

If it isn't a self defence thing then it's a very dangerous hobby and as such it's not unreasonable for the government to attempt to limit peripheral damage from your hobby. They spent a trillion and there have been 24 deaths from terrorism in the last decade so maybe not unreasonable to look at the 300 000 firearm deaths during that time.

But again, what stats are you using? The anti-gun people have stats that make it all look like a slaughter...until you search it all out and look at the overall picture. It's like depending on the mainstream news outlets to tell you the truth (Cue Ford here)...

FORD
01-08-2016, 11:19 PM
On the subject of fingerprinted gun locks, here's a device that you can use with your existing handgun (just in case you don't want to give it up for a smart gun that has the smart lock built in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_GQSugEzCQ

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Again, the more focus on more laws (MA has over 22 thousand) how about hitting the criminals that are actually the problem.??

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 11:23 PM

Almost 40 years of gun ownership says the stats are skewed. I'm not an anomaly.

And again, if you take out the gang related gun deaths that number drops precipitously.

Seshmeister
01-08-2016, 11:23 PM
What do you mean the accidental stats, the murder stats, the suicide stats?

They are all way higher than comperable countries. I get that people say massage it so that the US has 5 times as many firearm deaths compared to anywhere else in the West and when you strip out the suicides it's only a bit more than 2 1/2 times as many but it's still a lot more.

The US figures are nuts unless you are comparing them to Honduras or whatever compared to Europe or similar 1st world countries.

DONNIEP
01-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Again, the more focus on more laws (MA has over 22 thousand) how about hitting the criminals that are actually the problem.??

Aha!!! You just said what I've been skirting - the problem is criminals and not law abiding citizens. Most of the liberals in this country would say since they can't control their voting base I mean criminals then normal people who don't break laws shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:34 PM
But that's it right? Ever more restrictive. It's been moving that way for years. It can't hurt you if it isn't there....Or can it.

Igosplut
01-08-2016, 11:41 PM
As much as people fight it, the right to bear arms is slowly being chipped away. For what stated as the greater good, we are losing that.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 12:01 AM
As much as people fight it, the right to bear arms is slowly being chipped away. For what stated as the greater good, we are losing that.

We are. Hey, maybe we should ban knives. Because having knives in the house can't be good. And if you've ever accidentally cut yourself then that's proof that nobody should have a knife.

Igosplut
01-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Personal responsibility never comes into the real world today. In this sue-happy, "It's not my fault" world, why not?

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Personal responsibility never comes into the real world today. In this sue-happy, "It's not my fault" world, why not?

Ah, you can't reasonably expect anyone to be personally responsible for anything they do. What you should expect is this: The gubment will protect you from cradle to grave. And the gubment will give you a job and an income and you aren't responsible for anything you do. Ever.

Never mind that there are laws nationwide that make it illegal for any gun to be accessible to a minor. Never mind that MOST gun owners don't leave guns laying around the house. ubama said every single person in the US should be a Federal Firearms Licensee and that's gonna save kids. And we should all go along with it because we're too stupid to have any idea what it really means to be personally responsible for any weapons in our possession.

jacksmar
01-09-2016, 06:03 AM

20 years ago.

i feel your pain sesh.. you poor, poor, extra poor baby.........

don't know what the fuck Xmas is in your candyland world. most people celebrate Christmas, but to your well made point:

how many were blacks that were killed by other blacks on Christmas day in the US vs UK?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shooting-violence-20151225-story.html

http://heyjackass.com/

just to help you a little........

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Shush Jack the adults are talking.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Sesh - got a serious question for you. Is hunting popular in Scotland? Hell I don't even know if there's anything to hunt there, lol. I'm just wondering if there's hunters and if they're allowed to own hunting rifles. Not to prove a point or poke - just curious.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:25 AM
There is some deer hunting with rifles which you need a license for and it's strict. You can also get a shotgun license for shooting rabbits and so on.

It was only handguns that got completely banned here.

I'm not trying to pick arguments here and I totally appreciate apart from the slightly higher chance of being shot on vacation your gun laws don't affect me at all. I'm just giving you an outside view, the US can be very inward looking because it's such a big diverse place.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:31 AM
The rifle or shotgun license rules are

To obtain a firearm certificate, the police must be satisfied that a person has "good reason" to own each firearm, and that they can be trusted with it "without danger to the public safety or to the peace". Under Home Office guidelines, Firearm Certificates are only issued if a person has legitimate sporting, collecting, or work-related reasons for ownership. Since 1968, self-defence has not been considered a valid reason to own a firearm. The current licensing procedure involves: positive verification of identity, two referees of verifiable good character who have known the applicant for at least two years (and who may themselves be interviewed and/or investigated as part of the certification), approval of the application by the applicant's own family doctor, an inspection of the premises and cabinet where firearms will be kept and a face-to-face interview by a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) also known as a Firearms Liaison Officer (FLO). A thorough background check of the applicant is then made by Special Branch on behalf of the firearms licensing department. Only when all these stages have been satisfactorily completed will a licence be issued, which must be renewed every 5 years.

Any person who has been sentenced to between three months and three years in prison is automatically prohibited from possessing firearms (including airguns) and ammunition for five years from release. A person who has been sentenced to more than three years is prohibited for life.

I imagine Obama might find it quite difficult to get away with that... :)

Funnily enough expanding ammo is not only allowed it's compulsory when hunting deer.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-09-2016, 10:46 AM
donnie should be a FLO

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 11:01 AM
donnie should be a FLO

Firearms Liason Officer...I would have...authoritah?

http://s30.postimg.org/mrbrpc2a9/image.jpg

Angel
01-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Sesh - you have to keep in mind that a large percentage of those gun murders are committed by gang members or thugs who purchase their guns illegally! Christmas Eve: Charlotte, North Carolina, local hi end mall has a shooting and the shooter gets shot to death by an off duty police officer. The shooter was an 18 year old thug with a rap sheet longer than a goddamn Claymore. He didn't go to some gun store, pass a background check, buy his guns, then decide to shoot the place up. And MOST shootings are not carried out by people who are law abiding citizens. Sure, some are. But most are not. So that 8000 number is skewed all to hell man.

And kilts are bad ass. Connor Macleod wore one and he was a bad ass!! Embrace the kilt!
That right there is your biggest problem. All the illegal guns all over the country. Hell, the majority of illegal handguns in Canada have come from the States. Impossible to get all of those off the streets.

Why should my slaves be taken away from me? I'm a responsible slave owner... :D
:rofl: 😂

DLR Bridge
01-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Aha!!! You just said what I've been skirting - the problem is criminals and not law abiding citizens.

Sounds like the meat of this executive order is to attempt to keep the likes of shit heads on terra'ist watch lists from being able to easily obtain weapons on-line. This should affect you zilch! Am I right?

Von Halen
01-09-2016, 11:35 AM
We should ban cars, because drunk drivers are using them to kill innocent people, at an alarming rate.

cadaverdog
01-09-2016, 12:03 PM
donnie should be a FLO13991
Kiss my grits.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Sounds like the meat of this executive order is to attempt to keep the likes of shit heads on terra'ist watch lists from being able to easily obtain weapons on-line. This should affect you zilch! Am I right?

Do you know what the process is to be removed from one of these lists? And where is the due process that we're all entitled to? It doesn't exist when the gubment can arbitrarily choose who goes on one of these lists. That's taking away rights without any due process whatsoever.

As far as Ubama protecting us from terrorists - yeah his policy of not checking out the social media of people coming from regions that are basically terrorist factories didn't work out so well for those folks in California. Plus he's fomented an environment in this country where most people are scared to speak up when they see someone who looks like a terrorist building bombs in their garage. Then you toss in his anti police rhetoric and you've got the perfect environment for terrorists to run wild. The message used to be "If you see something, say something." Now it's "If you see something shut your fucking mouth Leslie!!" Otherwise you're labeled an Islamaphobe or a bigot or a Klan member, and on and on.

And, again, this online gun buying free-for-all Ubama keeps pushing is utter bullshit. Every gun sold online must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee and every single person who buys a gun online must submit to a background check - every single time. That's the law right now and Ubama didn't enact that law - it's been on the books.

Let me point out just one other problem with Ubama's new guidelines. One of the criteria that can and will be considered if you sell a gun (online or to an individual) is did you profit from the sale. Meaning the gubment can show up, say well you made two hundred bucks off that sale so therefore you were in the "business of selling guns" and should have had an FFL and since you didn't congratulations you're now a felon. Have a nice time in prison. That's bullshit. I'm the high bidder on a pistol I want and it's on an online gun site. I can guarantee you that pistol will increase in value in a year. Hell, the price of this particular pistol has jumped 200 bucks in the past three years or so. So if I buy it then sell it for what it's worth, the gubment can bust my ass because I "made a profit". That's bullshit man. Supply and demand - the free market - sets the price of the gun. But I'm supposed to sell it for a loss or break even just so I don't have to worry about being locked up? Fuck that.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Now, we got a nutcase who tried to execute a cop in Philadelphia. Did he buy his gun at a gun store? No, surely he bought it online and then somehow magically had it shipped to him and not an FFL, right? Surely Ubama's new ATF guidelines would have prevented this, right? Not a chance in hell. Why? Because the shooter used a gun that had been previously stolen from the police. In other words it was an illegally obtained weapon. And yet the mayor is on tv calling for more gun control laws. Because criminals obviously follow the laws.

I think Von and I are the only gun enthusiasts here. And we've both talked about how we are all for background checks and tightening up laws across the country. But what Ubama is doing is an usurpation of the powers of Congress and it does nothing to prevent criminals from buying guns illegally or simply stealing them. And tue ultimate goal here is to see if a presidential executive order will survive the legal challenges in the courts. If it does, the next democrat president can whip out his Magical Mystery Pen and ban a list of guns a mile long and change the definition of a transfer to include handing a gun to your buddy at the range so that he can shoot it.

Now, I'm heading down to the Walmart. They just got some Perfecta ammo in last nite and I gots to stock up. So I can enjoy shooting with my daughter and my stepdad. You know, something a family can do together. With my legally purchased weapons. Weapons I keep locked up in two safes that are bolted to both the floor and wall.

DLR Bridge
01-09-2016, 12:53 PM
I've said before that I appreciate your working knowledge of it all, Donnie. From my point of view, from watching the president's speech, I thought he came off as though he genuinely didn't want the law abiding citizens to get burned. I actually thought he sounded compassionate towards those following the law. If in some way you are in fact getting burned, then perhaps I misunderstood.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 01:26 PM
I've said before that I appreciate your working knowledge of it all, Donnie. From my point of view, from watching the president's speech, I thought he came off as though he genuinely didn't want the law abiding citizens to get burned. I actually thought he sounded compassionate towards those following the law. If in some way you are in fact getting burned, then perhaps I misunderstood.

Well, there's the rub. There's no clear definition in the guidelines that says who has to have an FFL to sell. Oh sure they say if you're selling to improve your collection or this or that then you're exempt. But then they say but...even one or two sales can be considered in violation of the law. So there is no red line where you or I can say well, I think i better get my FFL so I don't break any laws. Because this guy right here ain't about to break any laws. Especially any that are remotely related to firearms. I know I make wacky proclamations and say nutty stuff - but I take the responsibility of being a gun owner dead serious. Owning a gun doesn't make you cool or invincible or an Army SEAL Combat Bravo Charlie Talicong Killuh, lol. What it does make you is someone who damn well better take it seriously and follow the laws to the letter.

I'll say this, and I'm being serious for a moment, if Obama got the governors of the states together and said I need you to push legislation that will require pistol purchase permits in your states, at the state level, I would march in support of that sumbitch. On that one issue only, but he'd get my full support and I'd tell every damn body that he was really doing something to make a positive change.

Then if the states would just pass one law requiring new gun owners to complete a gun safety/handling/proper use class, we would immediately start saving lives. My state requires all hunters to complete a FREE hunting safety class before being issued a hunting license. And in the 20 years that's been the law here, hunting accidents have dropped over 50%. Those are actual real lives that aren't destroyed or ended - and those are numbers any democrat or liberal would literally jizz themselves to death over if they could say they passed similar laws that reduced gun deaths.

Like I've said, too many people rush out and buy guns they have no idea how to safely operate, carry, store, or even shoot. And we can change that at the state level without infringing on anyone's rights. If every state just adopted the same laws we have on the books in mine then there goes the gun show loophole.

Now, everybody send me 50 bucks. I'll purchase a gun online and walk you all through every step. It can be a social experiment. You'll see how the process works, where it has to be shipped to, what happens when I go to take possession, all that. Of course, I'll have to keep the gun but I think it's a worthy sacrifice on my part.

FORD
01-09-2016, 01:53 PM
We should ban cars, because drunk drivers are using them to kill innocent people, at an alarming rate.

No, but we DO license people to drive cars, and require them to be insured, right? And before you get that license, you have to prove you can operate the car responsibly.

Von Halen
01-09-2016, 02:07 PM
No, but we DO license people to drive cars, and require them to be insured, right? And before you get that license, you have to prove you can operate the car responsibly.

Yep, exactly the same things I had to do to get my CPL.

I just bought one of these.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/09/57e650721afa30dd2f0de1dc671dc674.jpg

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 02:21 PM

Aside from the insurance, I had to do those same things too to be able to qualify for my concealed carry permit. And it didn't bother me one bit. The only hassle was the waiting, and that's just cause I'm impatient.

FORD
01-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Admittedly I'm no gun expert.... but it seems to me that a revolver with that short of a barrel would not have a very accurate aim.

Never mind the practical question of why you would need a revolver to take shotgun shells, unless you're expecting an elephant stampede to knock down your door and run through your house.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Admittedly I'm no gun expert.... but it seems to me that a revolver with that short of a barrel would not have a very accurate aim.

Never mind the practical question of why you would need a revolver to take shotgun shells, unless you're expecting an elephant stampede to knock down your door and run through your house.

You would be surprised if you shot a Governor. It is extremely accurate within say 30 feet or so with either .45 ACP or .45 LC. I've shot one (and a Taurus Judge too which isn't as accurate as the Governor) loaded with .45 ACP and at 21 feet it shot as accurately as I could shoot it. Not as accurate as my other pistols, obviously. But I didn't have any problem getting really nice groups. I don't know if I could keyhole shots with it like my others but it would get the job done.

Now, this isn't meant to be a long range pistol - it's something you'd use for across the room distances. And it's a six shot. So if you loaded it up with six Winchester PDX shot shells and had to shoot an intruder in the middle of the night, well, he's gonna be a fucking mess. PDX has three copper discs and I think 10 or 12 BBs per shell. And at 10 or 20 feet, you put a round or two of those in center mass and the bad guy ain't leaving alive. Or you can load up a couple rounds of .45 ACP or .45 LC and three or four rounds of PDX and what you've got is The Hell Express.

If you've never seen one you should go to your local gun store and check it out. The cylinder looks like it's the size of a beer can lol. And that big ass hole in the barrel will get anybody's attention. I haven't checked prices lately but I think they're in the 700 dollar range. Von can speak to that.

Now, does anybody NEED a gun like this? Well, it's an incredible man stopper/Talicong dropper. And if you live in the real world where people do actually break into houses at nite it would make the perfect nightstand gun. It definitely isn't cheap but a decent personal/home defense shotgun is gonna run you half the cost. And it won't be half as cool as The Governor.

Besides, sometimes you just want a really bad ass pistol. Same reason I'd like to have a Desert Eagle .44 magnum. It's fun as hell to shoot and it's just bad ass.

And if a herd of elephants does ever stampede thru your house - you're covered.

jacksmar
01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Shush Jack the adults are talking.

yes, that was so true until you stood on those coffins again. and tell us about the "look" . does it remind you of Obama's tears? no one over on this side of the Atlantic knows that look............

jacksmar
01-09-2016, 08:17 PM
2016 for a clueless mod.........

http://heyjackass.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/race-2016.png

2016 Race of Victim/Assailant

Posted on January 7, 2016

Race Victim Assailant
Black 9 -
Hispanic 2 -
White/Other- -
Police - -
Unknown - -
As of 1/7/16

Von Halen
01-09-2016, 08:41 PM

That's the snub nose version. They also make a longer barrel version that looks like Dirty Harry's gun, on steroids! I like the short barrel version.

FORD
01-09-2016, 08:51 PM
An old friend of mine had a 44 magnum. I wanted to borrow it one night when these redneck assholes pissed me off. He was wise enough NOT to let me do so. Hell, I'm still surprised they let me drive that night. (and that's why I don't drink rum very often. Beer don't make me violent like that :gulp: )

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 09:01 PM
An old friend of mine had a 44 magnum. I wanted to borrow it one night when these redneck assholes pissed me off. He was wise enough NOT to let me do so. Hell, I'm still surprised they let me drive that night. (and that's why I don't drink rum very often. Beer don't make me violent like that :gulp: )

Guns + booze = big no no

.44 Magnums are so much fun to shoot. I've got video of my daughter shooting a Desert Eagle .44 Magnum. Sumbitch shoots out a big ol ball of fire.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:21 PM
donnie should be a FLO

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:26 PM
I'll say this, and I'm being serious for a moment, if Obama got the governors of the states together and said I need you to push legislation that will require pistol purchase permits in your states, at the state level, I would march in support of that sumbitch. On that one issue only, but he'd get my full support and I'd tell every damn body that he was really doing something to make a positive change.

This is a big steaming turd of shit though because so many of your politicians are owned by the NRA/gun industry so you may as well say 'I would give full support to flying pixie dolphins buying me lunch tomorrow.'

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Well, I had no idea who Derek and Clive were. And I love Dudley Moore. Jesus, how could I not know about that?

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Holy shit I'm jealous. :)

Google Derek and Clive...

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 10:34 PM
This is a big steaming turd of shit though because so many of your politicians are owned by the NRA/gun industry so you may as well say 'I would give full support to flying pixie dolphins buying me lunch tomorrow.'

Funny, my state has that very law. That's why I keep saying pass these laws at the state level. If it can be passed here in the South, and in other states, it could pass anywhere.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Holy shit I'm jealous. :)

Google Derek and Clive...

I am. I just watched another short video and it was fucking hilarious. Ok, I owe you for turning me on to them.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
You have 2 hours of amazing shit ahead of you.

Even now.

Imagine hearing it in the 70s when they did it?

It now occurs to me that you and some other folk maybe thought flappo was making up his own stuff rather than just lifting it from this - I thought everyone of an age had heard it.

Hmmm... that does explain a lot.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:47 PM

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 10:48 PM
You have 2 hours of amazing shit ahead of you.

Even now.

Imagine hearing it in the 70s when they did it?

It now occurs to me that you and some other folk maybe thought flappo was making up his own stuff rather than just lifting it from this - I thought everyone of an age had heard it.

Hmmm...

Yeah, I'm surprised at how dirty it is. As far as hearing them, I was born in 70 so I guess being over here I somehow missed it. I think the first time I saw Dudley was in Foul Play. The guy had incredible timing and he made it look effortless.

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:52 PM
This may amuse you...

Seshmeister
01-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised at how dirty it is. As far as hearing them, I was born in 70 so I guess being over here I somehow missed it. I think the first time I saw Dudley was in Foul Play. The guy had incredible timing and he made it look effortless.

Peter Cook was a genius.

We used to huddle around tapes of this stuff in the late 80s, apparently bands like Led Zepplin did in the 70s and paid for these illicit tapes to become albums. It's edgy now, hard to imagine what it sounded like then...

Anonymous
01-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Well, I had no idea who Derek and Clive were. And I love Dudley Moore. Jesus, how could I not know about that?

Remind you to send you the 3 albums & the film.

DONNIEP
01-09-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm watching the film now. Fucking hilarious. I see now why I always loved Moore: he entertains himself and that's the best comedy. Cook is the perfect straight man. I do hope they get half lit before then end of the movie.

Anonymous
01-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Peter Cook was a genius.

Yes, he was.

But it sounds to me like he was also a bit of an asshole to Dudley in the second & third albums.

There's a bit in the film where you can see Dudley is genuinely pissed off. However, Peter knew all of Dudley's weak spots, so when Dudley was about to levae he had him crying tears of laughter in seconds.

Anonymous
01-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm watching the film now. Fucking hilarious. I see now why I always loved Moore: he entertains himself and that's the best comedy. Cook is the perfect straight man. I do hope they get half lit before then end of the movie.

On one of the albums they're completely pissed. British pissed. Fucked up drunk.

I don't remember if it's the second or third.

vandeleur
01-10-2016, 12:19 AM
I recently had to introduce some guys at work to Derek and Clive , they lost their mind they couldn't believe people were doing this type of material at that time , very edgy stuff.
And I do think cook had that very clever/very mean thing going on, I wouldn't like to be on the end of his sense of humour that's for sure.

When I played them jump they were like we know this man it's van halen and am like shut the fuck up and listen. "Laugh we nearly shat" is the line when something amuses you now :)

DONNIEP
01-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Just finished the picture. It was awesome. Moore continued to entertain himself and Cook kept playing the straight man and set up the jokes.

I thought I cussed a lot. Those guys said cunt and fuck more in less than two hours than I say in a whole fuckin week.

Moore would fit right in here. It's too bad he kicked off.

Angel
01-10-2016, 02:14 AM
OMG. I used to have a Derek and Clive album. I almost forgot about them!

Von Halen
01-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Never heard of them.

Seshmeister
01-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes, he was.

But it sounds to me like he was also a bit of an asshole to Dudley in the second & third albums.

He resented Dudley leaving him and going off to become a star in US movies.

vandeleur
01-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Never heard of them.

You don't say. ;)

Anonymous
01-10-2016, 10:49 AM
He resented Dudley leaving him and going off to become a star in US movies.

Well. At least he got to play a part in the smash hit film "One Foot in the Algarve", though I'm not really sure they meant to hire Peter Cook, because it seems the part had been meant for Peter Sellers.

Still, it wasn't his fault they got confused & at his age, the money must've been welcome.

Funny how there used to be such an abundance of talent back then that people like him ended up nearly forgotten by the time they were 50.

Conversely, those who hit it big just a decade later in the very late 70s/early 80s got a free ride after a couple years of work because not only there was much more exposition, but talent began to dwindle alarmingly.

Yeah, funny.

Seshmeister
01-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Peter Cook was a wonderful lunatic who drank himself to death at the age of 57 after a spectacularly successful life.

Who are any of us to feel sympathy for that when he outshone us all?

Seshmeister
01-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Never heard of them.

There are Mongolian desert nomads in the Gobi desert who live in tents and only eat yak stew and goatshit who know far more about popular culture and media than you do. :D

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it is pretty nuts.

Seshmeister
01-10-2016, 10:48 PM
It's like running a website with Tarzan except that Tarzan knows absolutely everything about Van Halen and Hard Rock. :biggrin:

vandeleur
01-11-2016, 01:28 AM
It's like running a website with Tarzan except that Tarzan knows absolutely everything about Van Halen and Hard Rock. :biggrin:

Are you Jane in this weird scenario :D

vandeleur
01-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Peter Cook was a wonderful lunatic who drank himself to death at the age of 57 after a spectacularly successful life.

Who are any of us to feel sympathy for that when he outshone us all?

57 .. Crazy but because of the generation gaps , gap doesn't cover it. Cook always seemed a lot older than his age. 57 doesn't seem old at all now.

Seshmeister
01-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Better get drinking then... :)

jacksmar
01-13-2016, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6j-jDK5rMw