PDA

View Full Version : God Save The Shoes

FORD
01-12-2016, 12:07 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/converse-sex-pistols-collaborate-sneakers-clothes-article-1.2488914

FORD
01-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Not sure how to feel about this. Still listen to the Sex Pistols... still wear Chuck Taylors on occasion... but this just seems wrong somehow....

twonabomber
01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
I wear Vans instead of Chucks.

Vans had some Beatles shoes. I'd rather see some Stones shoes.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
on a side note, hugs to "shoes" here, she's havin' a rough spot.

Anonymous
01-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Honestly, I was more worried about a side article called Six horrible things that can happen to your penis.

Wouldn't you know it, the number 1 is:

1. Invaginated penis.

An invaginated penis occurs when your little guy (or big guy) gets shoved back into your body, often as the result of an accident. It gets buried in subcutaneous fatty tissue and becomes basically unusable, although the condition can be corrected with surgery.

I guess this would explain the behaviour of some people & the subsequent shifting in attitude that this site went through from 2006 to 2013, the year of The Revolution.

"An invaginated penis occurs when (...) gets shoved back into your body (...) It gets buried in subcutaneous fatty tissue and becomes basically unusable"

I can't write this kind of stuff. No one can. It just writes itself!

Anonymous
01-12-2016, 12:58 PM
on a side note, hugs to "shoes" here, she's havin' a rough spot.

I like Shoes & I very much hope things will get better for her.

Any details or is it private?

DONNIEP
01-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Been wondering what was up with Shoes. Mentioned her in a post the other day and was hoping she was doing well.

vandeleur
01-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Hope she is ok , she was cool with vids during the tour. Very cool people

PETE'S BROTHER
01-12-2016, 04:07 PM
big picture, she'll be fine.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-12-2016, 04:13 PM
so, ford, chucky t's eh? any striped ones?

FORD
01-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Back in the day I tried to stripe my own reds with black & white tape. Looked like shit though, so I doubt Ed & his lawyers would have bothered suing me over it. :gulp:

twonabomber
01-12-2016, 04:31 PM
There was a local kid that painted shoes and sold them for hundreds. On canvas you'd probably have to use just a little paint, too much paint and it might wick into the canvas and give a sloppy line.

DONNIEP
01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
I made my own back in the day and they turned out fine. Was a major pain in the ass but the chicks digged them.

Seshmeister
01-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I guess it's not a great leap in selling out from butter to Converse... once you have sucked the corporate cock a few times why not just go full spitroast.

ZahZoo
01-13-2016, 07:33 AM
big picture, she'll be fine.

Big Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

vandeleur
01-13-2016, 09:26 AM
When people ask him about the county life ad's he couldn't give a fuck ,which is more honest than trying to make excuses. Think the people who were critical probably had higher morals than rotten or never had to suck corporate cock ... Sorry I meant work :bigwink:

Seshmeister
01-13-2016, 11:11 AM
I don't blame people for doing adverts although sometimes when it's like George Clooney advertising coffee I do wonder 'How much money do you need FFS'.

The reason I do take the piss out of Jonny Rotten though is that they always claimed to be above such things when they were actually just another manufactured fashion based boy band like the Bay City Rollers. :)

vandeleur
01-13-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't blame people for doing adverts although sometimes when it's like George Clooney advertising coffee I do wonder 'How much money do you need FFS'.

The reason I do take the piss out of Jonny Rotten though is that they always claimed to be above such things when they were actually just another manufactured fashion based boy band like the Bay City Rollers. :)

Nah he is just what steptoe would look like if he was into music :D , as he has got older he seems to have gotten more chilled out. As ridiculous cartoon characters go I quite like his.