PDA

View Full Version : Those Uncool Millennials

DLR Bridge
01-14-2016, 01:40 PM
http://powerevolution.tumblr.com/post/133543612986/why-are-so-many-millennials-so-uncool

I would like to think that this article embodies something we can all agree on.

My question is this. What can be done to fix this? Jamming my music down my kid's throats has gained some of their appreciation, but the scary thing that this article points out is that the millennial's have a lack of "personal connection to a time when music actually mattered."

I don't see how a change for the better can occur at this point, but I'm open to some RA optimism. :biggrin:

vandeleur
01-14-2016, 06:36 PM
This was all fields when I was young :D

Isnt cool subjective ?? I struggle with music was better when we were kids discussions cos it wasnt , we just choose to forget the shit. Except Vonzie who still listens to them ;)

And Kurt Complain was never cool, subjective or not :)

Is it fair to say things are only cool retrospectively ??

DLR Bridge
01-14-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm speaking more to the meat of the article. "Media has been completely overtaken by major corporations and unless people choose to think for themselves, they’re going to believe that what’s put in front of them is the only thing that exists." Not good.

vandeleur
01-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I agree about the media , but music was always mainly corporate bullshit. Even in the 60's there was only so many labels who pretty much bottle necked the industry.
There is always a bit of survival of the fittest involved. That sort of Van Halen go out and make a noise until the companies come to you ethic.