PDA

View Full Version : Technology that actually impressed me

vandeleur
01-14-2016, 07:00 PM
I was just reading in chat izzy saying future stuff was always quickly outdated and it made me think about future stuff/technology that did what it said on the tin or actually impressed me.

Off the top of my head the two things that totally impressed me.

DVD PLAYERS

The first time I seen a DVD player on a decent tv I was "wow" the difference between the image clarity and my poxy old VHS tapes was unbelievable. Massive massive improvement in sound as well.

THE INTERNET.

My brother is a bit of geek and has cash to spunk away so always had decent quality home computers. I was in the pub one day and he was telling me about the internet and search engines and the like and I was it sounds shite go to the pub more.
Next time I was as his house and takes me to the man cave and whips out his internet :)
He showed me all the usual content we take for granted and it blew my mind it was so different from what i had saw before the fact he then went and down loaded tracks on to a cd made it like magic.

SunisinuS
01-15-2016, 02:10 AM
Sounds like he got you with HTTP and the World Wide Web...or was it truly der intertubes of old.

And Remember...these kids and Kristy are your future leaders....no wonder 60 yr olds and 6 yr olds have email scandals.....

ZahZoo
01-18-2016, 11:15 AM
One of the most useful pieces of technology I can't live without... electronic guitar tuners!!

Seshmeister
01-18-2016, 08:44 PM
You do get out of the habit which is maybe worse for your ear but you've reminded me that at least five minutes of each band rehearsal in the 90s in a 5 piece started with the misery of tuning up usually while shouting at the drummer to give it a fucking break. :)

vandeleur
01-19-2016, 06:58 AM
Elvis never had a problem with this :biggrin:

vandeleur
01-19-2016, 06:59 AM
I've got the guitar toolkit app on my phone the tuner is great I got to say.

BITEYOASS
01-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Sony Walkman high-res mp3 player, because it sounds way better than that piece of shit ipod. The fuckin' thing even has an EQ and a bass boost! A lot better than fragile CD and Cassette walkmans. Plus I put my whole music collection in this tiny fucker.

Seshmeister
01-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Elvis never had a problem with this :biggrin:

The advantage of not having anyone to play with. :)