PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HELL IS THiS????

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:20 AM
http://s17.postimg.org/9g4o3v3ov/article_urn_publicid_ap_org_2e8dfb2eb0464388ba8d.j pg

I am deeply offended by this shameless display of outright racism.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:31 AM
http://s17.postimg.org/9g4o3v3ov/article_urn_publicid_ap_org_2e8dfb2eb0464388ba8d.j pg

Well, I have no idea what this is. Knowing the country of origin of the picture may help me make a ruling here.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Well, I have no idea what this is. Knowing the country of origin of the picture may help me make a ruling here.

It's the Soweto kiss fan club convention. I tell you that star make up is a toughy

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:37 AM
It's the Soweto kiss fan club convention. I tell you that star make up is a toughy

Ah, very well then. I can see how the natives might be enthralled by the rhythmic nature of KISS's music.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Why do you need to know where it is to make a ruling?

Isn't it obvious???

They're wearing WHITEFACE!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Why do you need to know where it is to make a ruling?

Isn't it obvious???

They're wearing WHITEFACE!

more ASHEYFACE than anything

cadaverdog
02-16-2016, 06:25 PM

That's not racism. It's wishful thinking.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Something out of a H.P. Lovecraft novel..?

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 06:55 PM
Something out of a H.P. Lovecraft novel..?

Well, in Call of Cthulhu, Inspector Legrasse came across a Voodoo cult...

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Hey - there was a Cthulhu on an episode of South Park.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Hey - there was a Cthulhu on an episode of South Park.

So the only contact you've had with the Cthulhu Mythos was in South Park?

Get to work, you lazy bum.

https://maggiemcneill.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-complete-works-of-h-p-lovecraft.pdf

Lovecraft is public domain, now. This can be shared legally.

Igosplut
02-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Inproper use of blow....

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 07:08 PM

You see those sumbitches walking down the street with a tire and a gas can - run like hell!!

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 07:54 PM
It looks a little shadow out of insmouth but hey I own a timeshare there it's very friendly :)

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 07:58 PM
I love Guillermo del Toro writing workshop , his lovecraft library wall is pretty cool :)

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
It looks a little shadow out of insmouth but hey I own a timeshare there it's very friendly :)

Well, you probably look like them.

I love Guillermo del Toro writing workshop , his lovecraft library wall is pretty cool :)

Writing workshop? Please elaborate.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Wow you don't have a copy of the cabinet of curiosities ?

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:10 PM

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:11 PM
Sometimes I forget the audience am playing to .....

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 08:15 PM

Jesus Christ!! Uncheck the little box under your URL before you hit OK!!!

What a waste of a cool room - instead of books there should be cigars on the shelves.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Sometimes I forget the audience am playing to .....

I can perceive the disdain through the airwaves. Well done, Vandy.

No, I don't have a copy of the cabinet of curiosities. What is it?

That picture is very cool. I assume it's something to do with Guillermo del Toro, since you mentioned him? Do enlighten a fellow, there's a good chap.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:22 PM

It's spreading...

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:22 PM
I can perceive the disdain through the airwaves. Well done, Vandy.

No, I don't have a copy of the cabinet of curiosities. What is it?

That picture is very cool. I assume it's something to do with Guillermo del Toro, since you mentioned him? Do enlighten a fellow, there's a good chap.

Nah , izzy we smell our own . You know what it is probably got the autographed copy.
:)

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Nah , izzy we smell our own

And you call me a fag?? Homo!

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:27 PM
And you call me a fag?? Homo!

Donnie , I never called you a fag. I have always defended your way of life.
Even when people said you were a bad person I defended you and your dubious honour by suggesting I met them in the car park where I had a big pointy stick to scare them with.
But I do worry about the cruiser thing :biggrin:

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Nah , izzy we smell our own . You know what it is probably got the autographed copy.
:)

Listen, I'm not displaying ignorance just for kicks. You talked about something which I do not know & wish to learn more of.

So if you'd be kind enough, I would appreciate the information.

Thank you.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Listen, I'm not displaying ignorance just for kicks. You talked about something which I do not know & wish to learn more of.

So if you'd be kind enough, I would appreciate the information.

Thank you.

http://youtu.be/cXNU4JvkRug

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Donnie , I never called you a fag. I have always defended your way of life.
Even when people said you were a bad person I defended you and your dubious honour by suggesting I met them in the car park where I had a big pointy stick to scare them with.
But I do worry about the cruiser thing :biggrin:

Granted, you may overhear me and The Cruiser reciting lines from his movies while we're hanging out - and honestly, there are lines from his movies that fit just about any situation. But the one thing you won't hear us say is "we smell our own". That's just gay as hell. Even Freddie, on his drunkest nite, never said "Well darling, we smell our own".

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 08:34 PM
http://youtu.be/cXNU4JvkRug

A book with a root monster?? What the hell is wrong with you people??? :biggrin:

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:37 PM

What a waste of a cool room - instead of books there should be cigars on the shelves.

Granted, you may overhear me and The Cruiser reciting lines from his movies while we're hanging out - and honestly, there are lines from his movies that fit just about any situation. But the one thing you won't hear us say is "we smell our own". That's just gay as hell. Even Freddie, on his drunkest nite, never said "Well darling, we smell our own".

It's a geek quote from mall rats. Sometimes I worry that I picked the wrong team ;)

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Ok, now it all makes sense.

Guillermo Del Toro wrote a book about his stuff & he's got a workshop with Lovecraft stuff. That is in the book & that's how you knew about it.

See, was that so hard?

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:43 PM
A book with a root monster?? What the hell is wrong with you people??? :biggrin:

That's the mandrake or ginger bread man, or whatever it is from Pan's Labyrinth.

Obviously, you haven't seen the film & that is something you should remedy as fast as possible.

It's one of the best films I've ever seen, top 3 easily. And anyone who's seen it has only praise for the thing.

You get to choose the ending, by the way. How the film ends is entirely up to you.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:43 PM

Ok, now it all makes sense.

Guillermo Del Toro wrote a book about his stuff & he's got a workshop with Lovecraft stuff. That is in the book & that's how you knew about it.

See, was that so hard?

That and I have his books :D

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:46 PM
You have to click on the multi-quote again, or you'll be quoting that post forever.

This site sucks dog's balls.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Weird connection the cruiser has a chapter worshipping at the alter of del toro and their combined efforts to get the movie version of mountains of madness up and running . Tom has a good story about it and the abortion that is Prometheus .

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 08:48 PM

You have to click on the multi-quote again, or you'll be quoting that post forever.

This site sucks dog's balls.

Oops sorry , brown ale and honey jack Daniels. And fat fingers

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Weird connection the cruiser has a chapter worshipping at the alter of del toro and their combined efforts to get the movie version of mountains of madness up and running . Tom has a good story about it and the abortion that is Prometheus .

Yes, I have read about that.

I hope it comes through. I have noticed in Minority Report that not even Tom Cruise AND Steven Spielberg's combined efforts can destroy a good story, though they tried their best. Oh, how they tried.

So At the Mountains of Madness with Del Toro at the helm can star Tom Cruise & his gay Southern friend for all I care. There's no way it's going to suck. Not with my Gui running the show. :579:

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Philip k Dick is a rich vein to take to the cleaners am sure we have discussed this before :)

Kristy
02-16-2016, 09:04 PM

Holy sheep shit. You actually read Lovecraft? I always thought of him as a pretentious, racist bore who did not know how and when to end a fucking sentence. 'The Colour Out Of Space' was the most ridiculous shit ever. Imagine a racist meteor terrorizing a quiet Massachusetts town which was really a lame allegory for blacks moving into a quiet, white neighborhood. I'd ask slave FORD to burn my copy of Lovecraft's hack work but have a suspicious feeling slave FORD likes novels about racism.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 09:05 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are taking about.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:08 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are taking about.

Books , it's a history thang :)

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Philip k Dick is a rich vein to take to the cleaners am sure we have discussed this before :)

Oh, I loves me some Dick.

I read Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said when I was 12 or something like that & though it confused the fuck out of me, it also made me a fan. I wanted MORE.

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, Ubik (amazing), We Remember it for You Wholesale & of course, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, just to name a few.

http://s28.postimg.org/n53blroh9/i_wsvg4_ZP_1050x10000.jpg

Fittingly, I haven't read The Man in the High Castle yet, either. I'm amidst Terry Pratchett, but I gotta tackle Dick's complete works soon.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Man in the high castle very good story ... England winning over the United States nice touch. Didn't like the tv show.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 09:14 PM
You have never read one measly H.P. Lovecraft story? Ever? If you read any Stephen "Fuckface" King then you read Lovecraft because King is the Jimmy Page of fiction horror.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Look I will save us all some typing

Donnie ... Wha

Kristy ..... Racist

Donnie. .... Wha

Kristy .... Ghey

Donnie ...... Wha

Kristy ....... Liberal

Donnie ..... Ooooh cartoons

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:17 PM
You have never read one measly H.P. Lovecraft story? Ever? If you read any Stephen "Fuckface" King then you read Lovecraft because King is the Jimmy Page of fiction horror.

Read some of the previous posts

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Holy sheep shit. You actually read Lovecraft? I always thought of him as a pretentious, racist bore who did not know how and when to end a fucking sentence. 'The Colour Out Of Space' was the most ridiculous shit ever. Imagine a racist meteor terrorizing a quiet Massachusetts town which was really a lame allegory for blacks moving into a quiet, white neighborhood. I'd ask slave FORD to burn my copy of Lovecraft's hack work but have a suspicious feeling slave FORD likes novels about racism.

I agree Lovecraft was extremely pretentious, up to a level that I can only aspire to. And yes, he was one of the most racist individuals to ever exist. Even for his time.

But I still like some of his stories. Mostly because of his strong connection to Edgar Allan Poe, of which I am an even bigger fan of. Go ahead, rip me a new one, I don't mind.

I'm sure you know Lovecraft was obsessed with Poe. Well, while he wasn't as good, he did refine the horror story-telling & created plausible monsters - aliens that came here aeons ago, long before Mankind came to be. To this day, with the underwater exploration efforts renewed, I am scared shitless of what might be there.

Did you see the images of the things that were dragged from the unfathomable depths of the sea back in 2004, in the aftermath of the Phuket Tsunami?

That's only what the strength of the Tsunami could drag out from the bottom of the ocean. Who knows what unspeakable horrors resisted that force?

To this day, I'm still half convinced that Lovecraft was absolutely crazy & there was something dictating those stories to him. Did you read The Music of Erich Zann? Amazing.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 09:21 PM
I don't have the time. Clicking takes too much energy for me these days. 'Pickman's Model' was a good Lovecraft read. The "north end" with all its strange tunnels sounds like a kwel place to get wasted.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:22 PM

Hands up Steven King likes to cover lovecraft . In a led Zeppelin way

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:28 PM

No, no, no. King may be a hack, but he never stole from anyone.

I like Stephen King, actually. It's very easy to read, it's like you're watching a film instead of reading a book. The pages go by pretty fast.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Books , it's a history thang :)

Books.

About a fuckin ginger bread man. And you say I'm gay.

Kristy - I'm with you on this one. Although I refuse to read any of this crap. Ginger gread men and monsters sounds gayer than Top Gun.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Are you guys actually gonna watch this stupid fucking Warcraft movie? The graphics suck and it's beyond stupid looking.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Books.

About a fuckin ginger bread man. And you say I'm gay.

Kristy - I'm with you on this one. Although I refuse to read any of this crap. Ginger gread men and monsters sounds gayer than Top Gun.

No, the ginger bread man is not from a book. It's from this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan%27s_Labyrinth

I'm not sure you're man enough to watch that, though. It gets *really* nasty at times.

And I'll hype it up the best I can, no problem. If there's a film that can not only live up to the hype, but SURPASS it, it's that one.

IF you're man enough to watch it. I bet I even know which end you'll choose, you little pussy.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Are you guys actually gonna watch this stupid fucking Warcraft movie? The graphics suck and it's beyond stupid looking.

Never.

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:34 PM
No, no, no. King may be a hack, but he never stole from anyone.

I like Stephen King, actually. It's very easy to read, it's like you're watching a film instead of reading a book. The pages go by pretty fast.

Really ? I like some King but at times he even steals from himself .

Head nod to Poe , big influence on not just horror but other genres.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm glad you guys like these weird movies and books. But a fuckin ginger bread man that tries to attack me gets stomped and pissed on :biggrin:

vandeleur
02-16-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm glad you guys like these weird movies and books. But a fuckin ginger bread man that tries to attack me gets stomped and pissed on :biggrin:

I would be devastated if you didn't shoot it , what am I going to tell my kids , they think you shoot stuff .

Kristy
02-16-2016, 09:41 PM
But I still like some of his stories. Mostly because of his strong connection to Edgar Allan Poe, of which I am an even bigger fan of. Go ahead, rip me a new one, I don't mind.

I'm sure you know Lovecraft was obsessed with Poe. Well, while he wasn't as good, he did refine the horror story-telling & created plausible monsters - aliens that came here aeons ago, long before Mankind came to be. To this day, with the underwater exploration efforts renewed, I am scared shitless of what might be there.

Did you see the images of the things that were dragged from the unfathomable depths of the sea back in 2004, in the aftermath of the Phuket Tsunami?

That's only what the strength of the Tsunami could drag out from the bottom of the ocean. Who knows what unspeakable horrors resisted that force?

To this day, I'm still half convinced that Lovecraft was absolutely crazy & there was something dictating those stories to him. Did you read The Music of Erich Zann? Amazing.

Poe was fucked in the head royal. Even though he saw a lot of death (from his mother to his wife) something happened to him I'd say around his early 20's. Nobody just starts writing like that. Never really thought of him as a horror writer in that Poe knew the depths of human depravity and loss. His shit was more rooted in reality because you knew 'The Masque Of Red Death' was about consumption upon which so many that Poe loved died from. And there was always more than one form of evil running though his stories. I mean, who was more of a prick? Prospero or death itself?

Lovecraft was WeIRd but repetitively wEiRd. Creatures that live in walls, grotesque figures that dwell in remote forest (like you average Bernie Sanders supporter), slimy amorphous exoskeletal sea aliens I never really got into. Plus, there was too much first person narrative with the guy when some of his characters could have been more interesting to either love or hate. I don't think anything was dictating to him. Lovecraft in way invented horror mythology - I'll give him that.

"Zann said that he was old, lonely and afflicted with strange fears and nervous disorders connected with his music and other things."

Sounds like half of this forum.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Really ? I like some King but at times he even steals from himself .

Head nod to Poe , big influence on not just horror but other genres.

Stop quoting the same post over & over again. I told you to go back & click on the multi-quote button again.

Stealing from yourself isn't stealing. It's recycling. Yes, there are influences of previous writers in his work, but they're not the bulk of his work, like Jimmy Page did.

And you're right about Poe. He could tell an unsettling story just to make you laugh yourself to tears in the next one.

Never Bet the Devil Your Head & The Balloon Hoax were good ones, but there was one that had me in stitches, yet the name eludes me. It was one where two competing newspaper editors make bets about not using certain letters in the whole newspaper the next day, or something like that. It grows increasingly bizarre & there's a point where one of the editors had to write a whole article in which every word contained the letter O. It was beautiful.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
I would be devastated if you didn't shoot it , what am I going to tell my kids , they think you shoot stuff .

Ok, so I'd shoot it with my Rebel M&P and then piss on it.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:53 PM
Poe was fucked in the head royal. Even though he saw a lot of death (from his mother to his wife) something happened to him I'd say around his early 20's. Nobody just starts writing like that. Never really thought of him as a horror writer in that Poe knew the depths of human depravity and loss. His shit was more rooted in reality because you knew 'The Masque Of Red Death' was about consumption upon which so many that Poe loved died from. And there was always more than one form of evil running though his stories. I mean, who was more of a prick? Prospero or death itself?

Oh, I absolutely agree. There's ample anecdotal evidence that Poe suffered some sort of mental shock around his early 20s, though we'll probably never know EXACTLY what happened.

Now, Poe is considered by many a horror writer first & foremost, as you'll find if you see any bound collection of his works, or any adaptation of his stories. He's always sold as the Master of Horror. But I agree that is limiting the whole body of work of the man.

Even his more supernatural stories were never straightforward stock horror. There was always the underlying whispers of absolute madness on his characters. And suer enough, the monsters were always human. Even in stories with some form of ghosts in them.

As for Lovecraft, the biggest reason I or anyone else associate him with Poe is not for his own writing, but rather the fact that Lovecraft himself kept going on & on about Poe, so much that you cannot speak of Lovecraft without bringing Poe into the discussion, though you can certainly completely dismiss Lovecraft when talking about Poe.

"Zann said that he was old, lonely and afflicted with strange fears and nervous disorders connected with his music and other things."

Sound like half of this forum.

:appl:

Brilliant.

I tip my hat off to you, madam. :yo:

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 09:56 PM

Watch it, Watch it NOW!

There are monsters in it, but the atrocities are committed by people.

This movie will change your outlook on life forever, I guarantee it.

WATCH IT!

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:00 PM
Even his more supernatural stories were never straightforward stock horror. There was always the underlying whispers of absolute madness on his characters. And suer enough, the monsters were always human. Even in stories with some form of ghosts in them.

Critique of Poe becomes too muddled for me. I never saw 'The Raven' as a horror tale but one of personal torment manifested in er, a bird. In a way, it's one twisted love story because no one could really write about the depths of loss as a living hell like Poe. Every word of 'The Raven' is sheer fucking genius. King could never pull anything like that out of his rich, bloated, New England ass.

(always loved that - even Homer loses it)

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Nope. I can't. Monsters suck. I like stories with monsters that were humans when they were born and then became true monsters when they learned the phrase Death To America! Those are the monsters that keep me up at nite. And they're the ones the liberals make excuses for while they use their newly released cash to buy tanks and jets. Cause they're so honorable.

I'm thinking Von is right - nuke the entire region.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Critique of Poe becomes too muddled for me. I never saw 'The Raven' as a horror tale but one of personal torment manifested in er, a bird. In a way, it's one twisted love story because no one could really write about the depths of loss as a living hell like Poe. Every word of 'The Raven' is sheer fucking genius. King could never pull anything like that out of his rich, bloated, New England ass.

The Raven is a masterpiece, if you'll pardon the obvious cliché.

I always loved Annabel Lee, as well.

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of ANNABEL LEE;--
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.
She was a child and I was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love--
I and my Annabel Lee--
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud by night
Chilling my Annabel Lee;
So that her high-born kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me:--
Yes! that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of a cloud, chilling
And killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we--
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in Heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee:--

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride,
In her sepulchre there by the sea--
In her tomb by the side of the sea.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Nope. I can't.

Shut up & check Skype.

Donnie, you have to watch this. Trust me, goddammit!

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:08 PM

(always loved that - even Homer loses it)

If he had a 1911 he could have shot the shit out of that stupid bird.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Shut up & check Skype.

Donnie, you have to watch this. Trust me, goddammit!

I tried. But I only speak Southern. And some German. I know, big shocker there.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Yeah, the poem he wrote about the loss of his wife.

What I really admire about Poe is that you cannot relate his work historically to any antecedent conditions as if his words detach themselves almost completely from time and space and like I said, sprang up out of nowhere from a mysterious soil which had never been borne before. The man was inexplicable. Nothing like his work had ever been done before: 'The Gold Bug', Purloined Letter' or 'Murders in The Rue Morgue' and that story fucked with my head for days and days because of Poe's marvelous skill it took to write something of that caliber. The originality (you hearing me, Jimmy Page?), the fucking ingenuity, the whole motherfucking similitudes of that story and its characters are beyond all praise.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:19 PM
I tried. But I only speak Southern. And some German. I know, big shocker there.

Oh, right... it's in Spanish.

Well, go out & buy it, then. Look, I'm so absolutely certain that you'll love it that I'm willing to paypal you the money you spend if you tell me it sucks.

It's absolutely impossible to not be changed in some way by that movie.

Again, I hate it when people hype things, because nothing ever lives up to the hype, but this one DOES. You'll never know what's coming. Trust me on this.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Look, this is Gui describing his own villain:

"One of the dangers of fascism and one of the dangers of true evil in our world—which I believe exists—is that it's very attractive. That it is incredibly attractive in a way that most people negate. Most people make their villains ugly and nasty and I think, no, fascism has a whole concept of design, and a whole concept of uniforms and set design that made it attractive to the weak-willed."

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah, the poem he wrote about the loss of his wife.

What I really admire about Poe is that you cannot relate his work historically to any antecedent conditions as if his words detach themselves almost completely from time and space and like I said, sprang up out of nowhere from a mysterious soil which had never been borne before. The man was inexplicable. Nothing like his work had ever been done before: 'The Gold Bug', Purloined Letter' or 'Murders in The Rue Morgue' and that story fucked with my head for days and days because of Poe's marvelous skill it took to write something of that caliber. The originality (you hearing me, Jimmy Page?), the fucking ingenuity, the whole motherfucking similitudes of that story and its characters are beyond all praise.

Yeah, the orang-outang. :lol: That was brilliant! I think you mean simianitudes, I'm sorry that was horrible.

Poe's character in that story was was indeed amazing. I never seen such charming smugness. Everything was so obvious to him & when praised, he casually dismissed it matter-of-factly. You could *read* the self-satisfied smile in his dialogue.

DONNIEP
02-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Oh, right... it's in Spanish

Yep - if it was in German I could understand most of it. But the only phrases I know in Spanish are:

Muy Bonita, senorita

And

Dos cervezas, por favor.

Both phrases served me well from TJ all the way to Rosa Rita.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:32 PM
No, similitude god damn it.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Kristy, you're gonna love this - when someone mentions Iron Maiden in conversation, you can say that they're illiterate monkeys that *pretend* to be smart by borrowing song titles from clever stories, yet it's painfully obvious that they never read the source material, probably because they're too dumb to understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gsH--0RzA

There, I just gave you a deadly bullet to any Metal fan. You're welcome.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:36 PM
por favor.

That reminds me:

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Yep - if it was in German I could understand most of it. But the only phrases I know in Spanish are:

Muy Bonita, senorita

And

Dos cervezas, por favor.

Both phrases served me well from TJ all the way to Rosa Rita.

I'm pretty sure the DVD will have alternate audio tracks or, at the very least, subtitles.

I'm telling you it's risk free. If you don't like it - fuck hell you won't - just tell me how much it cost you & I'll refund you myself.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Kristy, you're gonna love this - when someone mentions Iron Maiden in conversation, you can say that they're illiterate monkeys that *pretend* to be smart by borrowing song titles from clever stories, yet it's painfully obvious that they never read the source material, probably because they're too dumb to understand it.

There, I just gave you a deadly bullet to any Metal fan. You're welcome.

They have no shame (if you look closely)
http://ironmaiden-bg.com/en/images/stories/arts/lad1.jpg

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:44 PM
They have no shame (if you look closely)

I'm well aware of that image & the fact that it's quoted wrong.

It should read

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
AND with strange aeons even death may die.

It's a small word, YET they didn't even bother to check.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Shows the intelligence of your average metal fan, does it not?

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Shows the intelligence of your average metal fan, does it not?

Actually, Metal fans are a bit smarter than your average person. I love agreeing with you, but not at the expense of truth. ;)

Although we do have our share of mouth-breathers, like everyone else, of course.

Still, and remember this is more "mainstream" Metal we're talking about, there is very little fanaticism & blind following in Metal, with opn minds & a hunger for knowledge being more prevalent.

Metallica fans are a different INbreed entirely, as I'm sure you know. That would be the vast majority of the dumb hicks.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Walt Whitman said it best about Poe:

In a dream I once had, I saw a vessel on the sea, at midnight, in a storm. It was no great full-rigged ship, nor majestic steamer, steering firmly through the gale, but seemed one of those superb schooner yachts I had often seen lying anchored rocking so jaunty in the waters around New York or up Long Island sound; now flying uncontrolled with torn sails and broken spars through the wild sleet and winds and waves of the night. On deck was a slender, slight, beautiful figure, a dim man, apparently enjoying all the terror, the murk, and the dislocation of which he was the center and the victim. That figure in my lurid dream might stand for Edgar Allan Poe, his spirit, his fortunes, and his poems themselves all lurid dreams."

Walt Whitman, 1882, "Edgar Allan Poe's Significance,"
The Critic, Vol. 2, p.147

http://www.criminalelement.com/images/9.27-10.3/Ehrhart-Capote-Poe-Portrait.jpg

I'd blow him.

Anonymous
02-16-2016, 11:06 PM
Have you listened to this album yet, Kristy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWlhe6ckyE

This is their only album that I like. I tried listening to others, since this one is so good, but it's mostly just wankery after this.

There are some really good songs here, Orson Welles narrates & you have proper singers like Arthur Brown & John Miles.

It's mellow & strange enough that I bet it's good enough to listen to while high.

Kristy
02-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it's ghey.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2016, 11:28 AM
No, the ginger bread man is not from a book. It's from this.

I'm not sure you're man enough to watch that, though. It gets *really* nasty at times.

And I'll hype it up the best I can, no problem. If there's a film that can not only live up to the hype, but SURPASS it, it's that one.

IF you're man enough to watch it. I bet I even know which end you'll choose, you little pussy.

and man enough for sub titles

Anonymous
02-17-2016, 01:07 PM
and man enough for sub titles

Yeah, reading is hard.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2016, 01:13 PM
distracting as hell