PDA

View Full Version : Terrestrial radio...awful

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm driving an older Grand Cherokee for the week. No Sirius, no streaming options, no toof of Blue. Would take me longer to set up my phone, so I've been listening to the classic rock station Stern used to be on. So far I've heard Gimme Three Steps six times. And they must be running the same songs in sequence, twice I've heard .38 Special's Rockin' Into The Night right after it.

How a mighty format has fallen...

Need to get back into my XJ and Sirius.

Kristy
02-25-2016, 12:20 PM
You fascist pig. You sick fascist corporate pig. Yes, terrestrial radio is in the shitter and has been for years but only now you have discovered this? And who uses "toof of Blue" anymore? Douchebags with serious mother issues, that's who.

https://www.askideas.com/media/21/Funny-Difference-Douche-Level-Picture.jpg

Here's some (white) guilt for you: How many Syrians have been slaughtered on Obama's "War On Terror" or children alone in this country going to bed hungry every god damn night and YOUR life is in such shambles thanks to Skynyrd. "Oh no! No Sirius Radio! How will I survive!"

This is why I cannot stand you generational classic rock toolsacks with your fucking Alan Parsons Project and Steely Dan. Driving your rusty cars and slamming on hipsters while your drive your piece of shit to the same corporate Starbucks window acting like complete pricks with your "double latte douchewater triple espresso I'm such a loser" orders.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Hahaha wtf

Kristy
02-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Exactly.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Hey now, go easy on The Dan and APP.

And I hate smart watches. I wish they'd all explode simultaneously right now. Not only are they an Obamination, I'm convinced the gubment uses them to track people and stuff.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 03:04 PM
The TAG one is canny ..... Just saying :)

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
You fascist pig. You sick fascist corporate pig. Yes, terrestrial radio is in the shitter and has been for years but only now you have discovered this? And who uses "toof of Blue" anymore? Douchebags with serious mother issues, that's who.

Here's some (white) guilt for you: How many Syrians have been slaughtered on Obama's "War On Terror" or children alone in this country going to bed hungry every god damn night and YOUR life is in such shambles thanks to Skynyrd. "Oh no! No Sirius Radio! How will I survive!"

This is why I cannot stand you generational classic rock toolsacks with your fucking Alan Parsons Project and Steely Dan. Driving your rusty cars and slamming on hipsters while your drive your piece of shit to the same corporate Starbucks window acting like complete pricks with your "double latte douchewater triple espresso I'm such a loser" orders.

Wow. U mad, bro?

"Ghey" would have sufficed.

Don't listen to APP or Dan and I definitely don't drink coffee.

The people in your pics look like YOUR demographic: Bluetooth in ear, leased "luxury" car, and a scumbag renter. You'd qualify for Section 8 if you had a couple illegitimate brats.

It's not just the Skynryd. The taped commercial by the morning guy, who says "man" four times in thirty seconds: "gas is gonna go back up, man, but you'll be set with the Dodge Ram that gets 28 mpg!" And the gimmicks, like the two o'clock "four play." "Hey, today's George Thorogood's birthday, so at two we're gonna have four by him!" Today was George Harrison's birthday, and the inevitable blurb: "Two George birthdays in a row! Four from Harrison at 2!" Christ.

And no one cares about those little sand brats, they are raised to hate us from Day One. They want to meet Allah, do the pre-emptive strike and take those little goat fuckers out early.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
And no one cares about those little sand brats, they are raised to hate us from Day One. They want to meet Allah, do the pre-emptive strike and take those little goat fuckers out early.

Hell yeah!! Buncha woman hatin, street rapin, freedom hatin fucktards! I say we warm up the missiles the second Trump takes the oath!

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 03:23 PM
And it appears we're about to have a Bro Down right here at the Army!! Twona versus Kristy!!

http://youtu.be/gRpTjr4L4T4

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Such a weak troll. Stupid, too. Most people would have left instead of staying and bitching about how they hate it here.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
And it appears we're about to have a Bro Down right here at the Army!! Twona versus Kristy!!

http://youtu.be/gRpTjr4L4T4

To be fair twona started it saying he had an opinion on radio , provocative fucker just kicked off just like that :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 03:31 PM
To be fair twona started it saying he had an opinion on radio , provocative fucker just kicked off just like that :D

He's sneaky like that. Always trying to cause trouble and run off the one chick we have here. Angel doesn't count cause she won't put out anymore.

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 03:32 PM
He's sneaky like that. Always trying to cause trouble and run off the one chick we have here. Angel doesn't count cause she won't put out anymore.

Better than someone getting butthurt over a fake marriage thread. :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Better than someone getting butthurt over a fake marriage thread. :D

For the record, I never was butthurt - I just ran the insane asylum :biggrin:

Now - let's fight!!! Well, let's fight in like 6 hours. It's too early to start drinking right now.

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm already drinking! Stopped for lunch, had a few more since I've been home.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 03:40 PM
For the record, I never was butthurt - I just ran the insane asylum :biggrin:

Now - let's fight!!! Well, let's fight in like 6 hours. It's too early to start drinking right now.

Queer .... Kinda disappointed

Kristy
02-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Have to admire how turdonabummer bitches about others bitching about his bitching.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Queer .... Kinda disappointed

Look, you're gonna have to move here so we can be on the same drinking time zone.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 05:28 PM
I missed the fake marriage thread .... Think I was busy with the muff thread at the time

Terry
02-25-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm driving an older Grand Cherokee for the week. No Sirius, no streaming options, no toof of Blue. Would take me longer to set up my phone, so I've been listening to the classic rock station Stern used to be on. So far I've heard Gimme Three Steps six times. And they must be running the same songs in sequence, twice I've heard .38 Special's Rockin' Into The Night right after it.

How a mighty format has fallen...

Need to get back into my XJ and Sirius.

[Terrestrial radio] has been devolving for years.

I still listen to it when I'm driving, mostly because I haven't gotten around to getting Sirius, but my first real wakeup call was hanging with a friend who had purchased a fairly comprehensive satellite radio package, and the quality/tone/style of programming (even keeping in mind this was ten years ago) was just light years better than terrestrial could ever hope to be.

Terrestrial radio now is just the same old lame-ass morning and afternoon zoo shows on virtually every station, with playlists on classic rock/retro stations that remain virtually unchanged from the late 1980s thanks to the gradual takeover of automated, computerized song selections. Often times now I'll opt for driving in silence rather than wading through 10 minutes of commercials to hear yet another playing of:

Sweet Emotion
Dream On
Black Dog
Stairway To Heaven
Freebird
Won't Get Fooled Again
Sweet Home Alabama
We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
Jump
Back In Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Photograph
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Crazy Train

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 06:25 PM
I missed the fake marriage thread .... Think I was busy with the muff thread at the time

Oh no you didn't. I think you were planning to attend lol

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Oh no you didn't. I think you were planning to attend lol

Tell the truth I can't remember much of it , well apart from it was mainly your fault if memory serves me right :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Tell the truth I can't remember much of it , well apart from it was mainly your fault if memory serves me right :D

It was. It was all my fault. Then I turned my evil minions loose.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 06:40 PM
It was. It was all my fault. Then I turned my evil minions loose.

It takes a big man to fess up :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 06:44 PM
It takes a big man to fess up :D

Ah, I'm working on my next attack now. I just gotta find something to rail against. And I'm really lazy these days.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Ah, I'm working on my next attack now. I just gotta find something to rail against. And I'm really lazy these days.

Think you have peaked bud , you have lost your touch. Without izzy to back your play you're no where near as
Funny as you used to be.

;)

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Think you have peaked bud , you have lost your touch. Without izzy to back your play you're no where near as
Funny as you used to be.

;)

Ah, it's been a long week. Besides, it wears me out entertaining you people :biggrin:

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Ah, it's been a long week. Besides, it wears me out entertaining you people :biggrin:

Dont think its not appreciated and I still like some of your old stuff but izzy and kristy are the new izzy and donnie. Its like wolf all over again.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Dont think its not appreciated and I still like some of your old stuff but izzy and kristy are the new izzy and donnie. Its like wolf all over again.

I built this motherfuckin place!!!

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 07:38 PM
I built this motherfuckin place!!!

Time rolls on and that's as it should be ,Here and gone seems to move so quickly.

Sorry bud , izzy said he still thought of you sometimes but ......... sorry bud :(

There is a web site we send people to after they out grow their entertainment value .... its like in logans run when you hit 30.

Classic something or other. give our regards to the other previously funny people :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Time rolls on and that's as it should be ,Here and gone seems to move so quickly.

Sorry bud , izzy said he still thought of you sometimes but ......... sorry bud :(

There is a web site we send people to after they out grow their entertainment value .... its like in logans run when you hit 30.

Classic something or other. give our regards to the other previously funny people :D

Shouldn't you be pouring tonic on your one hair or something?

Logan's Run was a great movie - except for the robot part. That sucked. I especially liked the Whore Transporter and the orgy club.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Shouldn't you be pouring tonic on your one hair or something?

Logan's Run was a great movie - except for the robot part. That sucked. I especially liked the Whore Transporter and the orgy club.

Am trying to nurse you through your loss.

Hey my baby hair is coming along , am growing my eyebrows and just gonna back comb them :)

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Am trying to nurse you through your loss.

Hey my baby hair is coming along , am growing my eyebrows and just gonna back come them :)

I'm gonna pretend you posted that correctly to begin with lol

Now - less blah blah blah - more Logan's Run!

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
jenny agutter was hot in it

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna pretend you posted that correctly to begin with lol

I just noticed what I put , I dont have enough hair to something about mary it :D

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 07:59 PM

That chick had a serious bush.

Kristy
02-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Sweet Emotion
Dream On
Black Dog
Stairway To Heaven
Freebird
Won't Get Fooled Again
Sweet Home Alabama
We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions
Jump
Back In Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Photograph
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Crazy Train

Throw in Tom Petty and you have every FUCKING SPORTS GAME EVER PLAYED IN AMERICA.

Kristy
02-25-2016, 08:26 PM
That chick had a serious bush.

You know who else has serious bush?

http://www.webookaustralia.com/images/australiamap.jpg

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 08:35 PM
You know who else has serious bush?

http://www.webookaustralia.com/images/australiamap.jpg

You're gonna confuse people you know Americans can't do the geography thing remember :)

Kristy
02-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Dut I's dum amEicum. I'd vut Trump and oonm guns

Kristy
02-25-2016, 08:45 PM
...an lustun en un ciRis radio

FORD
02-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Sirius radio hasn't been worth a shit since they fucked up channel 127's schedule. You don't put Hartmann & Malloy on tape delay and give their rightful time slot to some AIPAC shitheads.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I just listen to my 70s channel on Pandora in the car. And Hey Violet. Lots and lots of Hey Violet.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 09:10 PM
I never listen to the radio , the car journey to work is one of the best time to listen to new stuff ive downloaded or bought.

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I never listen to the radio , the car journey to work is one of the best time to listen to new stuff ive downloaded or bought.

My journey to work involves walking across the house. I don't miss driving an hour plus one way to the office.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 09:20 PM
My journey to work involves walking across the house. I don't miss driving an hour plus one way to the office.

Must be nice to own cotton fields ;)

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 09:22 PM

You changed your job ?

DONNIEP
02-25-2016, 09:33 PM
Must be nice to own cotton fields ;)

It is. I find the morning pep talk to the "employees" to be most satisfying.

vandeleur
02-25-2016, 09:35 PM
It is. I find the morning pep talk to the "employees" to be most satisfying.

I imagine your house to be the mansion house out of django unchained with the general lee parked on the drive :D

cadaverdog
02-25-2016, 10:23 PM
For the record, I never was butthurt - I just ran the insane asylum
That's a lie. You were our Prescott Bush. You bankrolled TBH.

cadaverdog
02-25-2016, 10:43 PM
I listen to a classic rock station that plays canned music most of the time. They have a morning drive time crew that's not too annoying but otherwise it's just music and commercials.

twonabomber
02-25-2016, 11:24 PM

My commute is fifteen minutes max. It's the 14 days off a month when I'm out running around that I listen in the car.

I don't pay for TV, haven't in three years. Kept my Sirius though.

Mushroom
02-26-2016, 01:15 AM

Hahahaha Blue Tooth is the Fanny Pack of the modern age. No douche bag is so important they need blue tooth. Unfortunately my family has embarrassing blackmail photos of me wearing a fucking fanny pack in the 80's. I should kill myself.

Kirsty you can make a creamy latte for me anytime, my little transvestite barista bitch! Pour some sugar on me!

Mushroom
02-26-2016, 01:22 AM
I don't have satellite radio, nor do I use Pandora. I do a lot of driving on occasion long hauling cattle. I listen to a lot of NPR because I got sick of classic rock radio and Christian radio stations.

twonabomber
02-26-2016, 03:48 AM
Hahahaha Blue Tooth is the Fanny Pack of the modern age. No douche bag is so important they need blue tooth.

Bluetooth earpiece is as dumb as personal pagers were back in the early 90's.

DONNIEP
02-26-2016, 07:37 AM
That's a lie. You were our Prescott Bush. You bankrolled TBH.

I didn't think about it that way - you're right!! I'm the BCE!!!

Angel
02-26-2016, 10:04 AM
I listen to terrestrial radio in the car, but find I don't listen to the classic rock stations much because they are too repetitive. We do have a couple stations that do a great job of mixing up old and new.

Kristy
02-26-2016, 11:47 AM
I don't have satellite radio, nor do I use Pandora. I do a lot of driving on occasion long hauling cattle. I listen to a lot of NPR because I got sick of classic rock radio and Christian radio stations.

Yeah, we get it. You're a poor redneck who is still in the closet. NPR? Really?

Terry
02-26-2016, 04:04 PM

Even hotter in Walkabout

DONNIEP
02-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Even hotter in Walkabout

I was gonna say that too but I wasn't sure how old she was in that :biggrin:

twonabomber
02-26-2016, 04:56 PM
I listen to terrestrial radio in the car, but find I don't listen to the classic rock stations much because they are too repetitive. We do have a couple stations that do a great job of mixing up old and new.

When WNCX started 30 years ago, they mixed it up a lot more than they do now. Not as pop as their previous format under call letters WGCL, and not as "hard" as WMMS was. Then the classic rock station M105 changed format and WNCX went more traditional classic rock.

They had three different morning shows before picking up Howard Stern in the early 90's. They've had four or five different morning shows since Stern went to Sirius, including DLR...

Seshmeister
02-26-2016, 11:16 PM
My commute is fifteen minutes max. It's the 14 days off a month when I'm out running around that I listen in the car.

I don't pay for TV, haven't in three years. Kept my Sirius though.

I think a lot of people really don't get that commute time = work time = life time thing and that working in somewhere like NYC or London may not be worth it.

I know people who have done 2 hours each way routinely.

I'm always nagging the SM about this that if you have to spend 2 hours going there and back then that's another 25% added to your work week. Nowadays that is alleviated a bit because if you are on public transport you can be on your phone or tablet which is all you would be doing at home anyway but still...

Igosplut
02-26-2016, 11:20 PM
We had the best of the best in WBCN for many years, Iconic in many ways, and after that I never listened to radio again.

Igosplut
02-26-2016, 11:34 PM
So iconic in fact that the DJs at the time were making mid six figure salary's in the 80's. Played (and broke) many local bands, played punk music before anybody else, but stayed true to the rock format it was build on. They made a documentary called "The American Revolution", that outlines the MIT students inventing stereo FM car radios (and giving them out) so they could listen to the station.

FORD
02-26-2016, 11:48 PM
We had the best of the best in WBCN for many years, Iconic in many ways, and after that I never listened to radio again.

I've never been within 1000 mile of Boston, and even I've heard of WBCN. Primarily because a lot of bootleg recordings from the 80s (U2, The Alarm, etc.) originated from there.

KISW in Seattle probably had a similar "national" reputation back in those days - first radio station outside of LA to play Van Halen, first station in the US to play Ac/Dc, help break all those British acts in the late 70s (The Clash, Elvis Costello, etc.)

And of course they did a lot of this shit too.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlRgBJunnA

Anybody who grew up listening to that radio station wouldn't recognize it now, after the corporate radio takeover.

Igosplut
02-26-2016, 11:56 PM
American Graffiti captured much of the essence of what BCN was here. Every party, every parking lot was just an endless broadcast of that station. You were never far from it, and being young at that time it was just a part of your life of music

Igosplut
02-27-2016, 12:05 AM
They broke Springsteen in 73. Amy Manns band, a big part of Jim Carrol. A ton of Boston bands They had a battle of the bands for twenty years. The prize was recording time. It goes on and on...

cadaverdog
02-27-2016, 12:30 AM
I listened to hard rock albums for years while I still listened to AM Top Forty radio before they started playing commercials on TV for KMET Featuring Edgar Winters Frankenstein. Finally got a real stero for Christmas not long after that and listened to that station faithfully until they changed formats in 86 or so. If your shit got airplay on KMET you were probably going to make it big in rock and roll. They had a sister station in Chicago, WMET that kicked ass too. They always sponsored the big concerts and had the best guests on their radio shows. The night time guy, Jim Ladd seemed to know everybody. Still has a nationwide show on satelite radio I think.

twonabomber
02-27-2016, 06:23 AM
They broke Springsteen in 73. Amy Manns band, a big part of Jim Carrol. A ton of Boston bands They had a battle of the bands for twenty years. The prize was recording time. It goes on and on...

Cleveland's WMMS takes credit for breaking Springsteen, too. Afternoon DJ Kid Leo ended up leaving 'MMS and going to work for Columbia Records in the late 80's.

twonabomber
02-27-2016, 06:28 AM
I think a lot of people really don't get that commute time = work time = life time thing and that working in somewhere like NYC or London may not be worth it.

I'm always nagging the SM about this that if you have to spend 2 hours going there and back then that's another 25% added to your work week. Nowadays that is alleviated a bit because if you are on public transport you can be on your phone or tablet which is all you would be doing at home anyway but still...

One of our maintenance guys drives in more than an hour, from western Pennsylvania. We work 12 hour shifts.

I barely have enough time to do anything when I get home on a work day, and that's only a 12 1/2 hour day with commute. He's more like a 14+ hour day, unless he gets stuck in bad weather or traffic, and it could be a lot longer. There's an alternate route but it's mostly 45 mph roads and about a hundred traffic lights.

vandeleur
02-27-2016, 07:03 AM

I love me them bus wanks :)

Terry
02-27-2016, 10:00 AM
I was gonna say that too but I wasn't sure how old she was in that :biggrin:

She was 18 or 19...something like that. So you can rest your fears of being some creepy retro-pedobear for watching her in it.

Kristy
02-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Cleveland's WMMS takes credit for breaking Springsteen, too. Afternoon DJ Kid Leo ended up leaving 'MMS and going to work for Columbia Records in the late 80's.

American cities in the worst economic distress (in order): Cleveland, Detroit, Newark, Toledo, San Bernardino, Stockton, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Memphis and Cincinnati.

Your entire state is one massive shithole of shit.