PDA

View Full Version : GOP official: The party chooses the nominee, not the voters

Seshmeister
04-17-2016, 02:32 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/273223-gop-official-the-party-chooses-the-nominee-not-the-voters

GOP official: The party chooses the nominee, not the voters

By Harper Neidig

A member of the Republican National Committee's Rules Committee said Wednesday that the party will decide who the GOP nominee will be, not the voters.

"The media has created the perception that the voters will decide the nomination," Curly Haugland said in an interview with CNBC. "That's the conflict here."

"The political parties choose their nominees, not the general public, contrary to popular belief," he added.

Haugland was then asked what the point of holding primaries is if the party can disregard the will of the voters.

"That's a very good question," he responded.

Satan
04-17-2016, 02:36 PM
More evidence that the DLC are actually Republicans and not Democrats, since they are attempting to do the same thing with the Democratic nomination.

I'd actually welcome a 4 way Bernie/Trump/Hillary/Cruz, Eddie Munster, or whomever race if only as a big FUCK OFF to both party machines.

I also like Bernie's chances in such a contest. :devildance:

Seshmeister
04-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Are Americans not angry about this?

I hear the vote in Colorado was stopped basically to stop Trump winning it. I know people kind of knew the system was rotten but this is going to shine a light on both of the parties.

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 04:16 PM
The entire system is fucked and crooked, Trump is right about that. And I don't care if it's the Republicans or the Democrats - they should honor what their respective voters, duh, voted for. The entire system is overly complicated and designed to disenfranchise voters so people don't bother to vote.

All I know is both conventions are going to be a powder keg. Viva la Revolucion!!

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 04:25 PM

I hear the vote in Colorado was stopped basically to stop Trump winning it. I know people kind of knew the system was rotten but this is going to shine a light on both of the parties.

Sesh, a whole lotta Americans are dipshits who don't give a fuck who runs, who wins, don't care about their civil liberties and freedoms. Hell, look at all the stoopid fuckin college students running around crying and protesting about so-called micro aggressions and they go out of their way to strip their fellow students of their First Amendment rights just because they disagree. And that's called progress here.

No, a whole lotta people could care less about the political process and what goes on in Washington and at the state and local level. Mainly because they're so fuckin stoopid and short sighted that they don't realize that eventually these decisions are going to affect them directly. Like I said, the entire process is rigged to make people so disgusted that they just give up and don't vote. And both parties are equally guilty.

cadaverdog
04-17-2016, 04:55 PM
More evidence that the DLC are actually Republicans and not Democrats, since they are attempting to do the same thing with the Democratic nomination.

Wrong. The people you're talking about aren't Republican or Democrats. Not even sure they have a name for their evil organization. They run both parties.

Satan
04-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Wrong. The people you're talking about aren't Republican or Democrats. Not even sure they have a name for their evil organization. They run both parties.

You are partially correct, as the Koch Brothers are among the many corporate interests who fund the DLC. And of course, they are rapidly gaining total control of the Republican party on a state level, and in serious competition with the BCE to takeover nationally.

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 05:00 PM

I think it's either lizard people or the illuminati. Or is it the Bilderbergers? Regardless, a few more years of Americans having shit shoveled down their throats by the federal gubment and both parties and they're gonna wish we had won that damn war lol

cadaverdog
04-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Like I said, the entire process is rigged to make people so disgusted that they just give up and don't vote. And both parties are equally guilty.
Bingo.

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 05:04 PM
and in serious competition with the BCE to takeover nationally.

Do they get together and have Bond villain-like meetings and plot against each other? Cause that would be cool. Does W dress up like Blofeld or Dr Evil? And why doesn't the BCE just have some planes flown into the Koch Compound?

cadaverdog
04-17-2016, 05:06 PM
I cut and pasted this from Wiki but it's accurate. It refers to the individual members of the electorial college
Although no elector is required by federal law to honor a pledge, there have been very few occasions when an elector voted contrary to a pledge.
The parties aren't bound to nominate the winner of the primaries and the individual electorial college members aren't bound to give their vote to the candidate who won the majority of votes in their state. In other words our votes don't really count for shit in a presidential election.

cadaverdog
04-17-2016, 05:10 PM
And why doesn't the BCE just have some planes flown into the Koch Compound?
Because they don't exist?

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 05:13 PM
I cut and pasted this from Wiki but it's accurate. It refers to the individual members of the electorial college
Although no elector is required by federal law to honor a pledge, there have been very few occasions when an elector voted contrary to a pledge.
The parties aren't bound to nominate the winner of the primaries and the individual electorial college members aren't bound to give their vote to the candidate who won the majority of votes in their state. In other words our votes don't really count for shit in a presidential election.

I agree and there's really only one viable option: Secession!! It was a good idea back then and it's a good idea now!

:biggrin:

DONNIEP
04-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Because they don't exist?

They do too exist! Ford told me so. They're evil and all powerful and they blew up the World Trade Center with magic explosives and they hate puppies.

Satan
04-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Does W dress up like Blofeld or Dr Evil?

Don't be silly. That's Cheney's job.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H_rVDlsennM/Sb1srC1NcUI/AAAAAAAALtI/Kka8OLk83Kc/s400/dr_evil.jpg

And why doesn't the BCE just have some planes flown into the Koch Compound?

It would be more the BCE's style to tamper with the Koch's own planes. Just ask Salem Bin Laden, John Tower, Paul Wellstone, and that guy who rigged the Diebold machines for them in Ohio 2004 (among others)

And yes, I can put you in touch with all of the above. Except Wellstone. He's upstairs.

Satan
04-17-2016, 05:38 PM
They do too exist! Ford told me so. They're evil and all powerful and they blew up the World Trade Center with magic explosives and they hate puppies.

Well, that last part is definitely true....

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/90/61/fb226b48d50946b6e45933e6031763f2-george-bush-drops-dog.jpg

...poor Barney. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Seshmeister
04-17-2016, 06:25 PM
In Europe often there are no primaries and it is party members that choose candidates but the big differences is that the US has become a 2 party system with massive barriers to entry for anyone else whereas most other Western countries have multiple parties sharing power through some sort of PR system. The UK is one of the only others in the world outside the US to have first past the post but it is at least multi party to a degree.

This election having basically 2 independants run but under the Democrat and Republican flag.

The scary thing is what happens in 2020 if they are blocked this time...?

twonabomber
04-17-2016, 07:53 PM
"The political parties choose their nominees, not the general public, contrary to popular belief," he added.

The RNC's last two picks sucked. Maybe letting the voters decide isn't a bad idea.

jacksmar
04-18-2016, 07:13 AM

Really? Shine the light of freedom, so to speak?

What do you call 15% of delegates unbound to a candidate on the dem side?

Name one of these unbound delegates.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/995d2af606294d8bb1c60ea3630ec893/things-know-about-delegates-stake-iowa-caucuses

Each state has a different process. But the convention itself is open. One more time: the convention is open.
One more time: the convention is open.

https://gop.com/convention-facts/?convention_type=how

One more time: the convention is open.