PDA

View Full Version : Trump finally admits it: 'President Barack Obama was born in the United States'

Seshmeister
09-16-2016, 07:42 PM
So he's now saying that he has been completely wrong for all these years about his key point.

Wow.

And he was wrong because he was outwitted by Clinton.

Wow.

Trump admits Obama was born in U.S., but falsely blames Clinton for starting rumors

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump falsely claimed on Sept. 16 that Hillary Clinton was responsible for starting the birther movement that accused President Obama of lying about his birthplace. (The Washington Post)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday acknowledged for the first time that President Obama was born in the United States, ending his long history of stoking unfounded doubts about the nation’s first African-American president but also seeking to falsely blame Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for starting the rumors.

"Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it. I finished it, you know what I mean," Trump said at his newly opened luxury hotel in Washington on Friday morning. "President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period."

This is not the first time that Trump has accused Clinton of first raising questions about Obama's birthplace, an assertion that has been repeatedly disproved by fact-checkers who found no evidence that Clinton or her campaign questioned Obama's birth certificate or his citizenship.

Clinton, who also spoke in D.C. on Friday morning, said Trump owes Obama an apology for promoting a false theory about his birthplace. She did not directly address the Trump assertion that her own 2008 campaign promoted the same theory, but her current campaign flatly rejected that claim.

“For five years, he has led the birther movement to delegitimize our first black president,” Clinton said. "His campaign was founded on this outrageous lie. There is no erasing it in history."

Obama told reporters on Friday that he “was pretty confident about where I was born,” and White House press secretary Josh Earnest added on Friday afternoon: “With regard to an apology, I don’t think the president much cares.”

Trump's brief statement came during a campaign event at his newly opened hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington. The event began more than an hour later than scheduled, and for the first 25 minutes, a series of military veterans talked about why they support him for president. The line-up included Lt. General Thomas G. McInerney, who has also publicly questioned the president's place of birth. Many of the major cable networks carried these comments live, although several cut away as the event dragged on.

Trump took no questions from reporters, who were seated behind several rows of cheering Trump supporters. Reporters, some standing on chairs, tried to shout out questions, with one reporter yelling: "Take some questions!"

Clinton's campaign manager Robby Mook said in a statement that the event was "disgraceful."

"After five years of pushing a racist conspiracy theory into the mainstream, it was appalling to watch Trump appoint himself the judge of whether the President of the United States is American," Mook said. "This sickening display shows more than ever why Donald Trump is totally unfit to be president.”

For years, Trump has been the most prominent backer of the so-called birther movement, which lurked in the dark corners of the Internet until Trump forced it into the mainstream. While drumming up publicity for his own possible run for the White House during the last election cycle, Trump began to aggressively question Obama’s qualifications for office. Trump never came out and said where he thinks the president was born, but he demanded to see the president’s longform birth certificate and other records. Trump also claimed to have hired investigators.

Questions about Obama's birthplace first surfaced in 2008 as he faced Clinton in the Democratic primary. In the spring of that year, some of Clinton's supporters circulated anonymous emails questioning Obama's citizenship but there is no evidence linking those messages to Clinton or her campaign. The Hawaii Department of Health confirmed that Obama was born in Honolulu.

In April 2011, following renewed questions raised by Trump, Obama released his longform Hawaiian birth certificate in the name of putting all of the conspiracy theories to rest, and Trump congratulated himself and said that he "accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

But Trump didn’t revise his position and repeatedly questioned the validity of the document Obama released. In an October 2011 interview with CNN, Trump said that if "you check out the Internet, many people say it is not real." In August 2012, Trump tweeted that "an 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."

Days before the 2012 election, Trump posted a video online that labeled Obama "the least transparent president in the history of this country" and demanded that Obama release his college records, college applications and passport records. Trump said that if he ran for president, he would release his tax returns — something that he now refuses to do because he says several years of his returns are under audit by the Internal Revenue Service. Trump is the first nominee from a major party since 1976 to not release his returns, and he has also declined to release documentation of his wife's immigration from Slovenia, full medical records and other documents typically shared by nominees.

When Trump launched his long-shot presidential bid in June 2015, he continued to say in interviews that he didn't know if Obama was born in the United States, but he didn't dwell on the issue as he once did. On the campaign trail, Trump repeatedly suggested that the president might not be Christian or that he might sympathize with Islamic State terrorists. In January, Trump said on CNN that he doesn't know where the president was born.

"Who knows? Who knows? Who cares right now," Trump said on Jan. 6 on CNN. "We're talking about something else, okay? I mean, I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I'll write a book. I'll do another book, and it will do very successfully."

A sizable number of voters agreed with Trump. A 2010 Washington Post-ABC News poll found 20 percent saying Obama was born in another country while 77 percent said he was born in the United States. Misperceptions plummeted to 10 percent in a 2011 Post-ABC poll after Obama released his longform birth certificate, but a CNN-ORC poll last September found they had again returned to 20 percent.

In the latest survey, beliefs that Obama was born outside the United States peaked at 26 percent among Republicans and 34 percent among self-identified tea party supporters, compared with 19 percent of independents and 12 percent of Democrats. Among all those who said Obama was born outside the United States, about half thought there is “solid evidence” for their view while the rest said this was only their suspicion.

Such attacks have caused many black voters to turn sharply against Trump, offended that he would challenge the qualifications of the country’s first black president. As Trump began to make an aggressive pitch to minority voters in August, there was renewed debate over Trump’s prominent role in the birther moment. On Labor Day, reporters aboard Trump's plane asked him where the president was born, and Trump refused to answer.

“I don’t talk about it because if I talk about that, your whole thing will be about that,” Trump said. “So I don’t talk about it.”

Earlier this month, former Republican candidate Ben Carson — who now advises Trump on race issues — said on CNN that Trump could immediately improve his relationship with African American voters by apologizing for questioning the president’s place of birth. Trump's top campaign aides insisted that the Republican nominee believes that Obama was born in Hawaii.

In an interview with The Washington Post that was published on Thursday, Trump was unwilling to say that President Obama was born in the United States.

“I just don’t want to answer it yet," Trump said in an interview in Ohio on Wednesday night.

Trump’s campaign said Thursday night that he does believe Obama was born in the United States, and said he deserves credit for putting questions about Obama's birth to rest.

Early Friday morning, Trump said in an interview on Fox Business that he would make "a big announcement" about his stance on the president's birthplace during a campaign event at the new luxury hotel that he opened this month in downtown Washington.

"You watch my statement," Trump said. "We have to keep the suspense going. Okay? So you watch."

FORD
09-16-2016, 08:41 PM
To be absolutely fair about it, the birther bullshit DID actually start with the Hillary 2008 campaign. Hillary herself never made such a statement on the record, but her fat pig campaign manager Mark "Union Carbide" Penn certainly did, and her PUMA cultists were the ones pushing the rumor all over the internets.

Pam Gellar - who has since gained infamy as a rabid Israeli supremacist and Islamophobe - was one of the leaders of the PUMA cult.

As for Hillary herself, she would limit herself to weasel word responses, like "Oh of course he was born here..... as far as I know (wink wink)". Ironically enough, it was McCain (himself actually born on foreign soil) who had to tell the rabid mouth breathers at his own rallies that Obama was "an American" and "a good man"

cadaverdog
09-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Fuck it. Just elect the bitch and get it over with.

cadaverdog
09-16-2016, 09:30 PM
To be absolutely fair about it, the birther bullshit DID actually start with the Hillary 2008 campaign. Hillary herself never made such a statement on the record, but her fat pig campaign manager Mark "Union Carbide" Penn certainly did, and her PUMA cultists were the ones pushing the rumor all over the internets.

Pam Gellar - who has since gained infamy as a rabid Israeli supremacist and Islamophobe - was one of the leaders of the PUMA cult.

As for Hillary herself, she would limit herself to weasel word responses, like "Oh of course he was born here..... as far as I know (wink wink)". Ironically enough, it was McCain (himself actually born on foreign soil) who had to tell the rabid mouth breathers at his own rallies that Obama was "an American" and "a good man"
That can't be true. Hillary Clinton never lies.:winkglasses:

Seshmeister
09-16-2016, 10:14 PM

All the arguments in your election from the outside are just ridiculous.

It's like ok well candidate A lied so they could only pay 59% of their taxes and candidate B loaded a truck with babies using a pitchfork.

The false equivilencey is just ridiculous.

All cunts are not equal cunts.

FORD
09-16-2016, 10:22 PM
In this case, it's not even a lesser of two evils. Just two different evils.

Trump's evil is evident by the stupid shit he says, even if he doesn't mean a word of it. Because he's surrounded himself with lunatics that DO.

Hillary's evil is evident - not only by her own track record, but by the fact that every warmongering neocon shitbag from here to Hell is lining up behind her, and they damn sure are not doing that because she was pretending to agree with Bernie on everything during the primaries (to steal votes from him).

World War III and a global economic collapse (due to SHAFTA) are not better than the Adolf Hitler/Charles Manson wet dream race war.

Just different. And neither one is acceptable.

vandeleur
09-16-2016, 11:54 PM
Do we not just take it as fact most of these people don't pay their taxes. If you pay taxes and you are really rich you must be some kind of idiot. Seemingly.

cadaverdog
09-16-2016, 11:59 PM
All the arguments in your election from the outside are just ridiculous.

It's like ok well candidate A lied so they could only pay 59% of their taxes and candidate B loaded a truck with babies using a pitchfork.

The false equivilencey is just ridiculous.

All cunts are not equal cunts.

They're pretty ridiculous period. The Clintons have made a fortune prostituting the offices they've held in our government. Donald made (or lost) his by being a shitty businessman. Which is worse?

cadaverdog
09-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Do we not just take it as fact most of these people don't pay their taxes. If you pay taxes and you are really rich you must be some kind of idiot. Seemingly.
We have what they call loop holes that rich (and poor) people use to get out of paying what they should pay in taxes. The better the tax people you hire are the less you'll pay. If you break the law trying not to pay what you really should pay and get caught the penalties can get pretty stiff.

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Adolf Hitler/Charles Manson wet dream race war.

See, the disappointing thing about the Race War is every time it's supposed to kick off...nobody shows up. And there you are in your Klan robe or Black Panther uniform, feeling kinda stoopid and let down again.

Terry
09-17-2016, 09:59 AM

There is a world of difference between the few statements Hillary Clinton has made on the non-issue issue of Obama's place of birth (all of which state she agrees Obama was born in the US), and Trump's 5 year record of claiming Obama was born outside of the US.

Trump is, by far, the most prominent person in the world to have made those claims. And he continued making those claims long after most people rejected them. He was still unwilling to back down from those claims as recently as a month ago.

Anyone (trump or anybody else) trying to somehow equate Trump and Hillary on this issue is offering a profoundly dishonest narrative. The whole birther issue surfaced publicly in Illinois in 2004 spearheaded by a guy named Andy Martin, who made public statements back then proclaiming such. So even the claim that Hillary's 2008 campaign staff started it has been debunked. It is just not true.

FORD
09-17-2016, 10:12 AM
See, the disappointing thing about the Race War is every time it's supposed to kick off...nobody shows up. And there you are in your Klan robe or Black Panther uniform, feeling kinda stoopid and let down again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm9JIMb2IeI

FORD
09-17-2016, 10:18 AM
There is a world of difference between the few statements Hillary Clinton has made on the non-issue issue of Obama's place of birth (all of which state she agrees Obama was born in the US), and Trump's 5 year record of claiming Obama was born outside of the US.

Trump is, by far, the most prominent person in the world to have made those claims. And he continued making those claims long after most people rejected them. He was still unwilling to back down from those claims as recently as a month ago.

Anyone (trump or anybody else) trying to somehow equate Trump and Hillary on this issue is offering a profoundly dishonest narrative. The whole birther issue surfaced publicly in Illinois in 2004 spearheaded by a guy named Andy Martin, who made public statements back then proclaiming such. So even the claim that Hillary's 2008 campaign staff started it has been debunked. It is just not true.

Whatever happened to Oily Twatz? That crazy Russian tranny looking bitch who claimed to be both a dentist AND a lawyer, and yet was trying to make a living from the birther horseshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZeXVVw8EZ0

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 10:43 AM
The whole birther thing could have been shut down in less than 72 hours by the Imama himself. All Ubama had to do is produce his birth certificate and say Suck My Bawllz. But he let the story ride and that made him the victim and made Hill Dawg and Trump and everybody else look kinda crazy for even questioning where the guy was born. Pretty smart move on his part but I would went with the Suck My Bawllz angle.

cadaverdog
09-17-2016, 02:16 PM
The whole birther thing could have been shut down in less than 72 hours by the Imama himself. All Ubama had to do is produce his birth certificate and say Suck My Bawllz. But he let the story ride and that made him the victim and made Hill Dawg and Trump and everybody else look kinda crazy for even questioning where the guy was born. Pretty smart move on his part but I would went with the Suck My Bawllz angle.

Liberal history says Hillary never questioned where Obama was born which Trump has done since the dawn of time. Anyone who doesn't believe that is probably a member of the klan or a white supremacist.

FORD
09-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Liberal history doesn't give a flying fuck what Hillary thinks about anything. :puke:

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Liberal history says Hillary never questioned where Obama was born which Trump has done since the dawn of time. Anyone who doesn't believe that is probably a member of the klan or a white supremacist.

For some reason when I glanced at this I saw white supermarket. Damn my racist Klan brain! :biggrin:

cadaverdog
09-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Liberal history doesn't give a flying fuck what Hillary thinks about anything. :puke:
If the thought of Hillary as POTUS makes you ill why don't you do something about it?

FORD
09-17-2016, 07:05 PM
If the thought of Hillary as POTUS makes you ill why don't you do something about it?

Like what? Vote for a Cheeto faced reality TV star with a white supremacist death cult following? No thanks.

I voted for the best qualified candidate running. And the party who claims to represent me betrayed him. And me. So fuck it.

Cascadian secession is a better option than either SHAFTA/PNAC fascim or the Orange Fourth Reich :meinsmiley:

Seshmeister
09-17-2016, 09:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37391652

The birth of the Obama 'birther' conspiracy

Anthony Zurcher North America reporter
16 September 2016

Republican Donald Trump asserted that Democrat Hillary Clinton and her campaign team first raised questions about Barack Obama's birthplace in 2008 - and that he was the man who settled the issue in 2011.

The truth, however, is markedly different.

As a preface to this latest turn in the Obama "birther" row, it should be noted that the location of Mr Obama's birth is generally considered irrelevant to whether Mr Obama is eligible to serve as US president. As long as he has one parent who was a US citizen, as Mr Obama's Kansas-born mother was, he is considered by the US government to be a "natural born citizen". That - along with being at least 35 years of age and resident in the US for 14 years - is the only necessary constitutional requirement for the presidency.

Now, according to fact-checkers and contemporary media reports, questions about Mr Obama's birthplace began circulating among disgruntled Clinton supporters in the last months of her ill-fated campaign against the then-Senator Obama in 2008.

It was desperate times in the Clinton camp, and the candidate did not always acquit herself well, such as when she said that Mr Obama was not a Muslim "as far as I know". But there is no evidence of ties between her and her campaign staff and the Obama birthplace allegations.

In June 2008 the Obama campaign released a photocopy of his short-form "certificate of live birth" showing that he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on 4 August, 1961. (Reporters also unearthed a contemporaneous birth announcement published in a Hawaiian newspaper.)

This was not enough for some conspiracy-minded Obama critics, however, who questioned the authenticity of the document and demanded the "long-form" certificate from the Democrat's birth hospital.

During the general election campaign the rumours spread to the fringes of the right - evidenced most notably when a woman at a John McCain rally told the Republican candidate that Mr Obama was an "Arab".

Senator McCain took away her microphone and informed her she was wrong.

"Senator Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," he said.

From there, the conspiracy theories continued to simmer on the right in the early days of Mr Obama's first term in office. Orly Taitz, a conservative activist, filed lawsuits challenging the president's eligibility to serve - but all were quickly dismissed from US courts.

Enter Donald Trump.

In March 2011, he first began mentioning that he had "real doubts" about whether Mr Obama had a US birth certificate.

In the days that followed, he said he was sending a team of private investigators to Hawaii to learn the truth and promised to donate $5m to charity if anyone could convince him Mr Obama was born on US soil.
On 27 April, 2011, the Obama White House released his original "long-form" birth certificate.

In a press release on Thursday night and on stage in Washington, DC, on Friday morning, this is the moment Mr Trump pointed to as the "great service" he performed in laying to rest questions about Mr Obama's birthplace.

The truth here, however, is also markedly different.

Over the following years, Mr Trump continued to raise questions and express doubts.

In 2012 he tweeted that he had an "extremely credible source" who told him the birth certificate was a fraud.

In 2013 he raised suspicion about the death of a Hawaiian health official who verified copies of Mr Obama's "birth certificate".

In 2014 he asked hackers to access Mr Obama's college records and check his "place of birth".

As recently as this month, Mr Trump did not back away from his past support of the "birther" cause.

"I don't talk about it because if I talk about that, your whole thing will be about that," Trump said. "So I don't talk about it."

Mr Trump did talk about it on Friday - and he's right, it's all anyone is going to write about.

cadaverdog
09-18-2016, 12:56 AM
Vote for a Cheeto faced reality TV star with a white supremacist death cult following? No thanks. .

You won't vote for Trump because you don't like the color of his skin and you call him a racist?

FORD
09-18-2016, 03:21 AM
Orange is not a natural human skin color.

What gets me is the irony of white supremacists creaming their Hugo Boss uniforms & bed sheets over somebody who's not even white.

cadaverdog
09-18-2016, 07:04 AM
What gets me is the irony of white supremacists creaming their Hugo Boss uniforms & bed sheets over somebody who's not even white.
You must frequent some strange websites if you're seeing shit like that. I couldn't care less that white supremacists support Trump. When Obama was running I don't remember the media crying about groups like The Black Panthers supporting him. I don't see anyone crying about radical man hating feminists supporting Hillary either but you know they are.

Nickdfresh
09-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Fuck it. Just elect the bitch and get it over with.

Which one?

Nickdfresh
09-18-2016, 01:15 PM
They're pretty ridiculous period. The Clintons have made a fortune prostituting the offices they've held in our government.

Oh STFU. They didn't protetutte anything nor did they do anything that other presidents haven't done once out of office. They all get speaking fees, Bill just did it better....

Donald made (or lost) his by being a shitty businessman. Which is worse?

No he didn't. He inherited it and made whatever little he has over his inheritance via fucking the system and swindling people. He's nothing more than a conman and is every bit as bad as the big banks were...

Nickdfresh
09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
We have what they call loop holes that rich (and poor) people use to get out of paying what they should pay in taxes. The better the tax people you hire are the less you'll pay. If you break the law trying not to pay what you really should pay and get caught the penalties can get pretty stiff.

You still pay a lot more in taxes than the wealthy using capital gains tax rate at %14...

cadaverdog
09-18-2016, 10:15 PM
They didn't protetutte anything nor did they do anything that other presidents haven't done once out of office. They all get speaking fees, Bill just did it better....

If it's fact that Hillary granted requests for meetings in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation she prostituted the office of Secretary Of State. Same thing goes if she's doing favors for entities who pay her hubby big dollars to give speeches. How many of these entities would still hire Bill to speak if Hillary was to lose this election? The thing that Bill is really doing better at is successfully laundering bribery money by doing it in plain sight.

cadaverdog
09-18-2016, 11:25 PM
You still pay a lot more in taxes than the wealthy using capital gains tax rate at %14...
The wealthy have thousands of ways to manipulate the system when it comes to taxes.

Seshmeister
09-19-2016, 11:58 AM
If it's fact that Hillary granted requests for meetings in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation she prostituted the office of Secretary Of State. Same thing goes if she's doing favors for entities who pay her hubby big dollars to give speeches. How many of these entities would still hire Bill to speak if Hillary was to lose this election? The thing that Bill is really doing better at is successfully laundering bribery money by doing it in plain sight.

If that's the case then at least she was prosituting the office to raise money for a foundation that actually does help a hell of a lot of people. It brings in $150 million a year and only 6% of that goes on running costs giving it an A++ rating as a charity.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/06/where-does-clinton-foundation-money-go/

The Trump foundation brings in fuck all and spends what little it does on things like a portrait of Trump.

More insane false equivalency.

cadaverdog
09-19-2016, 01:15 PM
If that's the case then at least she was prosituting the office to raise money for a foundation that actually does help a hell of a lot of people. It brings in $150 million a year and only 6% of that goes on running costs giving it an A++ rating as a charity.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/06/where-does-clinton-foundation-money-go/

The Trump foundation brings in fuck all and spends what little it does on things like a portrait of Trump.

If you think the Clinton Foundation is any more above reproach than the Trump Foundation is you're dumber than I thought you were. On top of that regardless of how much they give to whoever or whatever it's still bribery. What part of that can't you comprehend? Giving out political favors in exchange for contributions to the politicians favorite (or personal in this case) charity is legalized bribery. If it is legal.

vandeleur
09-19-2016, 05:52 PM
How dumb did you think he was ?

Seshmeister
09-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Life in the post factual era...

Seshmeister
09-19-2016, 10:14 PM
If you think the Clinton Foundation is any more above reproach than the Trump Foundation is you're dumber than I thought you were.

This is like comparing apples with pencils.

List 3 or 4 things you know about each foundation.

vandeleur
09-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Life in the post factual era...

That's a great term. It somehow makes me think of Tony Blair.

cadaverdog
09-19-2016, 11:03 PM
How dumb did you think he was ?
Not as dumb as I think he is now.

cadaverdog
09-20-2016, 12:41 AM
List 3 or 4 things you know about each foundation.
Trump isn't holding public office right nor and never has therefore he can't use his political clout to influence other politicians or grant political favors.Hillary on the other hand does hold a public office therefore she can. If she's granting political favors in exchange for contributions to any cause even if it's only meeting with someone it's bribery. I would like to think there are laws in place to prevent that but it doesn't appear there is. Debating which foundation is better than the other is irrelevant.