PDA

View Full Version : Jim Bakker - GOD Told Me The Polls Are WRONG!111!!!

FORD
09-17-2016, 02:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nleTt1CiS70

FORD
09-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Jim seems a bit confused though, because even though God told him the polls were wrong, he still expects Hillary to win, so God can "judge" America....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPsQYdtkeI

Truth is, if America deserves God's wrath and/or judgement, it would be because of the last 36 years, especially everything after 12/12/2000. :(

FORD
09-17-2016, 03:08 PM
I swear that's former FAUX host Gretchen Carlson playing the role of NuTammy, right??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

FORD
09-17-2016, 03:09 PM
So Jim.... when you tell us that you need 8 years of freeze dried food... is that your way of admitting that God is leaving your ass down here when The Rapture happens? :biggrin:

Seshmeister
09-17-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm not going to watch the videos because who cares what he says at this point.

What I find depressing about these guys is that they are able to keep coming back.

"Following a 16-month Federal grand jury probe, Bakker was indicted in 1988 on eight counts of mail fraud, 15 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy. In 1989, after a five-week trial which began on August 28 in Charlotte, the jury found him guilty on all 24 counts, and Judge Robert Daniel Potter sentenced him to 45 years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine"

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Sesh - this guy had an air conditioned dog house at his Tega Cay house. He was a genius at conning little old Southern women out of their social security checks.

FORD
09-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Apparently he was good at conning parole boards too.

And in other "TV fundaMENTAList preachers with tabloid scandals" news, I was shocked to find out recently that Jimmy Swaggart is also still on the air.

Maybe my missionary great grandmother was right after all? I should have gone into the religion racket .

vandeleur
09-17-2016, 05:34 PM
There is no doubt religion is a good career to get in to for some people.
Good money and if you like kiddy fiddling your boss in the Italian branch will cover it up .

twonabomber
09-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Catholics ask for money differently.

When we went to Catholic school, one of the priests came into the class and mentioned that he didn't see any of our collection envelopes in the basket. I took the unopened box of envelopes out of my desk and handed them to him. :D

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 05:57 PM
There is no doubt religion is a good career to get in to for some people.
Good money and if you like kiddy fiddling your boss in the Italian branch will cover it up .

And that's just one more reason why you can't trust farners, especially Italians! Hell they're probably all in cahoots with Osama Bin Laden!

FORD
09-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Osama Bin Laden converted to Catholicism??

Guess that explains the burial at sea then, because that sure as Hell wasn't a Mohammed-approved ritual.

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Guess that explains the burial at sea then, because that sure as Hell wasn't a Mohammed-approved ritual.

They shoulda hung his dead ass from the White House fence!

cadaverdog
09-17-2016, 07:06 PM

You don't really believe that was Osama Bin Laden do you?

FORD
09-17-2016, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Osama Bin Laden actually died of kidney disease in a Dubai hospital in August of 2001, and that his known meeting around that time with one of his BCE/CIA handlers was some sort of deal they made. I'm not sure what he traded for the deal, but he got the immortality of going down as a mythical jihadist hero, rather than a sick old man.

I do know for a fact that the Khandar "Fat Osama" tape, the October 2004 Animatronic Disneybot video, and that short old man huddled in the corner watching TV in that house in Pakistan were DEFINITELY not him.

Did he die in the hospital or in battle at Tora Bora in December of 2001? Those are the 2 most realistic options.

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 08:39 PM
i want to argue with you about the whole robot thing but part of Hill Bot's leg fell off last week so I just can't :biggrin:

Seshmeister
09-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Apparently he was good at conning parole boards too.

And in other "TV fundaMENTAList preachers with tabloid scandals" news, I was shocked to find out recently that Jimmy Swaggart is also still on the air.

Peter Popoff is still conning people too.

Why can't a judge or parole board make it a condition of their release that they can't practice any more???

https://youtu.be/q7BQKu0YP8Y

twonabomber
09-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Miracle spring water!

Ernest Angely ran his scam out of Cuyahoga Falls, not far from Akron. We'd run down to the old Akron Music downtown and ride past his "ministry." Some fun late night TV viewing, smackin' people in the head and screeching "evil spirits GET OUT!"

DONNIEP
09-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Prayer hankies are a big seller too.

Seshmeister
09-17-2016, 10:19 PM
I guess the problem for lawmakers is coming up with wording.

Since all religions are based on the supernatural how do you distinguish between a conman making shit up for money and the others?

I still think once they are convicted they should be banned from preaching at least.

FORD
10-05-2016, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZUN146FME

twonabomber
10-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Bakker's a prepper?

FORD
10-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Apparently... which is a direct contradiction to the typical fundagelical teaching that Jesus will beam all the True Believers up in the Rapture before the shit hits the fan.

twonabomber
10-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Unless there is money to be made. In that case, Jesus says "game on!"

Terry
10-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm not going to watch the videos because who cares what he says at this point.

What I find depressing about these guys is that they are able to keep coming back.

"Following a 16-month Federal grand jury probe, Bakker was indicted in 1988 on eight counts of mail fraud, 15 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy. In 1989, after a five-week trial which began on August 28 in Charlotte, the jury found him guilty on all 24 counts, and Judge Robert Daniel Potter sentenced him to 45 years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine"

After Bakker's act peaked in the mid-1980s, it was pretty easy to tune him out, mostly because one never saw him on tv anymore.

I was surprised with this video to see that he actually still had a show on television.

FORD
10-05-2016, 10:50 PM
I guess he managed to get what was left of his PTL network back from the Falwells after he got out of prison. PTL has never been on the local cable system here, so I have no idea what else remains of the network, though I suspect it resembles the original formatting about as much as the current state of Jim's hair follicles resemble his 80s look when he was at the peak of his fundagelical fame.

FORD
10-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Upon further investigation, it would appear that the newly reconstituted "PTL Network" isn't on any cable or satellite systems, but is only available on a Roku channel, or their website (https://ptlnetwork.com/). And whatever pops up on YouTube when Jim says something really crazy, of course! :jesuslol:

Surprised there isn't a Kodi plug in, actually. Their main religious competition, TBN has one.

Terry
10-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Some people claim we are bombarded by too much information, and there are far too many tv/web/streaming shows out there for one person to possibly see them all. However, I find it surprisingly easy not to feel like I'm on overloaded input by simply not giving a shit. In addition, the means of viewing programs has become so varied and user-friendly it's even easier to just watch whatever you want when you want. Thus, snake oil salesman like Bakker are easily ignorable.

But, yeah, I'm a bit amazed he has come back and is back on the airwaves, even in a limited form.