PDA

View Full Version : Esa wtf?

Seshmeister
09-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Emotional Support Animal is a thing now??

Everyone gets that many blind people get a great benefit from having a seeing dog (guide dog) so they get to take them into restaurants and aeroplanes and so on. Very few people would object to that even if you have an allergy you would say fair enough.

Now though if you can get a letter from a doctor to say taking Tiddles with you stops you from feeling sad and that gets the same status?

Also these animals don't have to be trained in the same way.

An emotional support animal (ESA) is a companion animal that a medical professional has determined provides benefit for an individual with a disability. This may include improving at least one symptom of the disability. Emotional support animals, typically dogs, but sometimes cats or other animals, may be used by people with a range of physical, psychiatric, or intellectual disabilities. In order to be prescribed an emotional support animal the person seeking such an animal must have a verifiable disability. To be afforded protection under United States federal law, a person must meet the federal definition of disability and must have a note from a physician or other medical professional stating that the person has that disability and that the emotional support animal provides a benefit for the individual with the disability. An animal does not need specific training to become an emotional support animal

The world is going to the dogs!

DONNIEP
09-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Why not? Colleges in the US are installing ball pits for their pussified students to play in. Not to mention the colleges placing tampons in the men's restrooms. And don't forget the newest rage - segregated housing! So why not allow all these little snowflakes to bring their tiny little gay dogs with them wherever they go?

Seshmeister
09-27-2016, 07:24 PM
I realized as I was typing that I was sounding like an angry old man - or you. :D

DONNIEP
09-27-2016, 09:06 PM
I realized as I was typing that I was sounding like an angry old man - or you. :D

Embrace your inner Chalkie Conservative! It is your density!