PDA

View Full Version : Fox News' Shep Smith: "And your kids die, too."

twonabomber
10-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Glad to see the hurricane experts checking in

http://jezebel.com/shep-smith-to-all-those-in-michaels-path-you-cant-surv-1787504182

Enter Fox News’s Shep Smith. Instead of simply reminding viewers of Scott’s pleas and detailing the destruction Hurricane Matthew could potentially cause, he decided to do something a little more dramatic, like shaming those who don’t evacuate with threats that Fox wouldn’t “cover their funerals” or “feel sorry for them.”

“Despite the warnings lots of people in the United States have said they’re not going anywhere. We will not cover your funerals and we will not feel sorry for you. They’re stocking up supplies, boarding up their homes, and hoping. Which is moronic.”

But Shep wasn’t finished. No, he wasn’t finished at all.

“See this? Melbourne? Daytona Beach? Jacksonville? This moves 20 miles to the west, and you and everyone you know are dead. All of you. Because you can’t survive it. It’s not possible. Unless you’re very, very lucky. And your kids die, too.”

FORD
10-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Shep Smith... still too honest for FAUX "news".

Kristy
10-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Dick Snot looks bitching with his "NAVY" hat and Gucci-esque weather wear. So professional. As for Pep Pill Shep I wonder if he has beach front property there or times shares it with his corrupt goons.

Terry
10-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but putting the political ideology of the messengers aside (and I have no use for Scott or Fox News), both of them were trying to tell people that they need to evacuate.

It might be a case of pissing in the wind, because there will always be a certain amount of folks who don't evacuate because they either don't have the means to or they don't take the warnings seriously. While I have sympathy for the former, I can't say as I would have too much sympathy for the latter should they make their choice and it turns out to be the wrong one.

Seshmeister
10-06-2016, 11:15 PM
There are so many innocent millions who die in this world each year you do get to the point of giving a Darwinian shrug to those that had every advantage and knowledge to avoid it and fail.

Kristy
10-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Bullshit.

You don't ever cause people to panic and spoon-feed fear. Shep is a corporate tool whose god damn job it is to report the Goebbels propaganda his overlords tell him to report. He's a media puppet. Not a scientist much less a weather man with a associate degree. Saying shit like "your children will DIE borders on the unethical even for the sad fucks at Fox.

Seshmeister
10-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Bullshit.

You don't ever cause people to panic and spoon-feed fear. Shep is a corporate tool whose god damn job it is to report the Goebbels propaganda his overlords tell him to report. He's a media puppet. Not a scientist much less a weather man with a associate degree. Saying shit like "your children will DIE borders on the unethical even for the sad fucks at Fox.

Living in this 'Post Facts' world is difficult.

Who said he was a scientist? There are a bunch of people saying this is the worst storm since 2004, maybe it will be maybe it won't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37571685
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/06/us/hurricane-matthew-evacuations/

You need to grow up. You may not like this plastic face Shep character but he spent a week reporting in the immediate aftermath of Katrina.

Have you seen a dead child? I bet he has.

Maybe that's why he was passionate about it.

Kristy
10-07-2016, 12:22 AM
What in the fuck is wrong with you?

Seeing a dead child suddenly makes him an expert on hurricanes?

Seshmeister
10-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Are you saying he pulled the danger of this out of his ass?

He invented this hurricane?

Or are you so soft and delicate that someone saying kids may die if you don't act is somehow offensive?

How weird and detached from the real world you are in your bubble of privilege. It's a dangerous thing on the rare occasions that things do actually go wrong.

I've read many accounts of people on sinking ships or burning planes who sit waiting to be told by someone in authority what to do. It's very common among you people that don't like the randomness of the world and who like to pretend there is a world order looking after you or at least subjugating you.

Kristy
10-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Are you saying he pulled the danger of this out of his ass?

He invented this hurricane?

Or are you so soft and delicate that someone saying kids may die if you don't act is somehow offensive?

How weird and detached from the real world you are in your bubble of privilege. It's a dangerous thing on the rare occasions that things do actually go wrong.

Okay, you really need to lay off listening to all the pseudo feminist pro-mangina podcast that you do. Your peanut gallery mutterings only make you look like a dick. An unoriginal dick.

Now, despite your inane mutterings fear does no one any good here. Saying "children will die" only exacerbates fear and panic. What Shep did was shout fire in a theater. There is a difference between caution, common sense and making a hazardous situation for so many worse. He's not a "person of authority." Only a mangina brainwashed nutcase like yourself would see him that way. What Shep did was irresponsible if not unethical.

Get the fuck over yourself and those bullshit identity politics that you pull out of your ass.

Terry
10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
To be sure, Governor Scott's language was direct, unambiguous and to the point. Smith's language was fairly charmless. I think the difference is that Scott is an elected official, whereas Smith isn't, so there's not much credence in trying to create a false equivalency between the two.

Scott needed to make the point he did precisely because many people who have the means to flee opt to stay and take their chances that the storm won't be as bad as various weather services are predicting. Scott was straightforward in stating that emergency services will not be deployed to go into the areas under evacuation while the storm is happening to rescue people, and these services would not be sent in until the storm passes. The police chief in Daytona has just issued a public statement that 911 phone services will not be responding to storm-related rescue calls for the next four hours while the storm is in the area.

What should Scott have said? Don't worry, the storm might not be as bad as predicted, so stay at home and if it gets bad we'll send in emergency crews to evacuate you while the storm is in progress?

In the case of Scott, I think he phrased his warning the way he did because he is aware that a certain amount of people will only pay attention if things are put in fairly stark terms. He wasn't encouraging anyone to panic. He told them they needed to evacuate because the storm could be lethal and life-saving measures wouldn't be undertaken for those who are left behind while the storm is happening.

Kristy
10-07-2016, 10:59 AM
For one, you don't go on television telling people "they won't survive the storm" and that "your children are going to die."

You tell people to stay calm, get to a designated shelter (if possible) and above all else, remain hopeful.

FORD
10-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Here's Shep's legendary performance during the BCE clusterfuck of Hurricane Katrina. He's way off script, and Hannazi and the others back in the FAUX studio are not happy about it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gESX9Yu4GA

Seshmeister
10-07-2016, 11:09 PM
You tell people to stay calm, get to a designated shelter (if possible) and above all else, remain hopeful.

Look it's the hopeful paranoid stoner! :biggrin:

Kristy
10-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Slushy Seshy (a.k.a. slave SESH) has sure checked my "privilege"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

Seshmeister
10-07-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry this whole fluidity of gender and so on is a bit confusing for some of us.

So just to clarify you identify as a male misogynistic black man and that's why you suffer from 'microagression' and hate females? :D

Terry
10-08-2016, 10:01 AM
For one, you don't go on television telling people "they won't survive the storm" and that "your children are going to die."

Well, you know, if Scott hadn't said what he did in the manner that he did, I have no doubt that people would have stayed behind instead of evacuating. And then if they were injured, they would have complained that Scott didn't warn them forcefully enough. I have no problem with him using the phrases he did because some people are just plain stupid enough not to leave.

I mean, for me Scott has been a turd since day one of his governorship, and I will be happy when he finally leaves office. However, I don't have any criticisms of the way he handled the storm in terms of the press warnings he gave.

DONNIEP
10-08-2016, 01:59 PM
White Privilege is awesome. Being a white man is even better. Did you know they give us free stuff at the mall?

Now, what were we talking about?

Kristy
10-08-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry this whole fluidity of gender and so on is a bit confusing for some of us.

So just to clarify you identify as a male misogynistic black man and that's why you suffer from 'microagression' and hate females? :D

Oh, Slushy Seshy, you do try. Your pseudo-left politics are a fallacy. They always have been.

WARF
10-08-2016, 02:51 PM
How's this place holding up for the hurricane?

I spent a lot of time building it.... ;)

Nickdfresh
10-09-2016, 01:22 PM

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/gateway_redirect.php?act=img&id=922159