PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Presidential Debate

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Starts in 55 mins or so.

I think we are going to find out that what we thought was the absolute bottom wasn't. :)

https://youtu.be/y60wDzZt8yg

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 08:50 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/Seshmeister/frankie_zpstasxgu5p.jpg

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 08:54 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/14639649_1322971371070129_5798755965299851451_n.jp g?oh=6ef9cdc752bcdac4f29037eebba7fe75&oe=58AB6CAB

FORD
10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Majority Report Live Stream with commentary....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE_8h9DJJc

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Well, here we go. I hope Trump got that wall built around his mouth.

Nickdfresh
10-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Anderson Cooper Begins Debate By Giving Trump Opportunity To Explain What The Fuck Is Wrong With Him
NEWS IN BRIEF
October 9, 2016
Vol 52 Issue 40 Politics · Politicians · Election 2016
http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5461/6/16x9/700.jpg
ST. LOUIS—Saying he hoped the Republican nominee could clear up the matter for American voters, moderator Anderson Cooper reportedly began the second presidential debate Sunday night by giving Donald Trump the opportunity to explain exactly what the fuck is wrong with him. “I’d like to start tonight’s proceedings by asking you, Mr. Trump, to explicitly lay out to the American people what the hell is fucking wrong with you?” said Cooper, adding that it would be helpful if the business magnate would expound on the specifics of why in God’s fucking name he says what he says and behaves the way he does, and how he could even begin to think that’s okay. “You are not a mentally well person, and there is clearly something very, very wrong with you on the most basic and fundamental level, so please, if you would, shed some light on what in holy hell is going on inside your fucking skull. I mean, for fuck’s sake.” At press time, Trump was reportedly shouting over both Cooper and Hillary Clinton as his two-minute response time had elapsed without him coming close to finishing his explanation of how fucked-up he is.

Nickdfresh
10-09-2016, 09:12 PM
LOL The truth mirrors fiction... :)

FORD
10-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I see the coke sniffles are back... although maybe it's meth, by some of the brain-addled bullshit he's spewing out of his face sphincter.

Kristy
10-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Looks like Grumpy Trumpy is getting his sorry ass kicked again.

Or his mic must be broken.

One of the two.

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Why didn't they just put them in those inflatable Sumo suits and let them beat the hell out of each other? Let's get on with the issues.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 09:44 PM
40 000 Canadians go to the US for surgery.

30 000 000 don't.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Meanwhile in the locker room...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuXtCq8XgAAfBDL.jpg:large

Nickdfresh
10-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Trump seems rather flustered and unhinged, on my!

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Meanwhile in the locker room...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuXtCq8XgAAfBDL.jpg:large

Hey now, Maverick would never say that. Let's not drag The Cruiser into this...

FORD
10-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Seriously, whose ass is she pulling that crap out of? Is this all the doing of the PNAC Likud pieces of shit who wrote Chimpy's war agenda, and are now writing hers?

Little Trotskyite crybaby fucks who are still whining about what Stalin did to their great grandparents, and thus America should risk a nuclear war for revenge against a dead man??

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 09:55 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/Seshmeister/PP_zpsqejyi4jv.png

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Seriously, whose ass is she pulling that crap out of? Is this all the doing of the PNAC Likud pieces of shit who wrote Chimpy's war agenda, and are now writing hers?

Little Trotskyite crybaby fucks who are still whining about what Stalin did to their great grandparents, and thus America should risk a nuclear war for revenge against a dead man??

She beat the shit out of that drum, huh? That cunt would push the button the day she got sworn in.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:00 PM

I'm 5 minutes behind here on the stream but it's hard to think of a country that has tried to affect other countries elections more than the USA.

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm 5 minutes behind here on the stream but it's hard to think of a country that has tried to affect other countries elections more than the USA.

Well, if everybody would do what we say then we wouldn't have to, now would we? :biggrin:

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:04 PM
They should just arm wrestle for the win. Ooh - or they could fight it out in an I Quit cage match like Magnum TA and Tully Blanchard!!

Kristy
10-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Well, you get out there and shame it, Slushy Seshy (a.k.a. slave SESH)

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:11 PM
What is this 30 years thing?

I missed 30 years when she was running the US?

FORD
10-09-2016, 10:17 PM

I missed 30 years when she was running the US?

I'm not getting the fuzzy math there either. Even if you count her time as first lady (which isn't a job at all) that's only 23.5 years.

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:17 PM

I missed 30 years when she was ruining the US?

Fixed it for ya

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm not getting the fuzzy math there either. Even if you count her time as first lady (which isn't a job at all) that's only 23.5 years.

You gotta go all the way back to when her husband was governor or dog catcher or town pimp or whatever he was.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:22 PM

First lady is as powerful as our queen thing. She gets to talk to important people at dinner parties.

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:25 PM
First lady is as powerful as our queen thing. She gets to talk to important people at dinner parties.

While Bill gets a hummer under the table from a fat chick ;)

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Clinton is a hawk and that's a bit worrying, to be honest US foreign policy is most of what us foreigners worry about because if you get that wrong we all die.

Even so we foreigners almost all prefer her.

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Clinton is a hawk and that's a bit worrying, to be honest US foreign policy is most of what us foreigners worry about because if you get that wrong we all die.

Even so we foreigners almost all prefer her.

Good. Shall we send her to you? Perhaps to be Queen? :)

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:30 PM
I'd be ok with that, at least she does a fake smile rather than our miserable cunt. :biggrin:

DONNIEP
10-09-2016, 10:32 PM
I'd be ok with that, at least she does a fake smile rather than our miserable cunt. :biggrin:

True. And she does have nice hair. Well, not tonight but sometimes it looks awesome.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I was going to ask why Trump's mike looks so huge.

The tiny hands thing is confusing.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:34 PM
True. And she does have nice hair. Well, not tonight but sometimes it looks awesome.

As I keep saying they are both ridiculously old.

Seshmeister
10-09-2016, 10:52 PM
So Clinton respects the pumpkin sexcrement American Psycho and Damien?

cadaverdog
10-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Hey now, Maverick would never say that. Let's not drag The Cruiser into this...Of course not. He'd suggest a night at The Blue Oyster.

cadaverdog
10-09-2016, 11:26 PM
They should just arm wrestle for the win. Ooh - or they could fight it out in an I Quit cage match like Magnum TA and Tully Blanchard!!
Trump would be up for that. Remember the Battle of the Billionaires match he had with Vince McMahon.

cadaverdog
10-09-2016, 11:28 PM
All I have to say is Hillary might as well pack her bags and head back to Little Rock.

Nickdfresh
10-10-2016, 08:30 AM
https://twitter.com/BayoumiMoustafa/status/785293447141924865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Seshmeister
10-10-2016, 10:35 AM
At the next debate it may be quicker just to list the things they said that weren't lies...

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/factchecking-the-second-presidential-debate/

Clinton exaggerated when she said the U.S. was now “energy independent.” The country imported 11 percent of total energy consumed in 2015.

Trump falsely said he never tweeted “check out a sex tape” in the wee hours of the morning a few days after the first presidential debate. He did.

Trump told Clinton “after getting the subpoena” to turn over documents related to the Benghazi investigation “you delete 33,000 emails.” A contractor managing Clinton’s server deleted the emails. There is no evidence Clinton knew when they were deleted.

Trump also said Clinton’s emails were “acid washed,” calling it a “very expensive process.” Neither statement is true. The emails were deleted using a free software program that does not involve the use of chemicals.

Clinton said there is “no evidence that anyone hacked the server I was using.” That is true, but the FBI said it was “possible” that her email system was hacked because she sent and received emails in “the territory of sophisticated adversaries.”

Clinton said intelligence officials said this week that Russians were behind political hacking attacks in the U.S. Trump said, “She doesn’t know if Russia is doing the hacking.” Clinton is closer to the truth.

Clinton claimed she was holding up Abraham Lincoln as an example of leadership when she defended “back room” deals. Turns out, she did.

Trump distorted the facts about a rape case that Clinton was involved in as a legal aid lawyer in 1975, wrongly accusing Clinton of “laughing at” the victim.

Both candidates distorted the other’s tax plan. Trump said Clinton was “raising everybody’s taxes massively,” when two analyses concluded almost all of the tax increases she proposes would fall on the top 10 percent. And Clinton claimed Trump’s plan “would end up raising taxes on middle class families.” Some families would see increased taxes, but on average middle-income taxpayers would get a tax cut.

Trump wrongly claimed that Clinton’s 2008 campaign manager said on TV that the campaign had started the false rumor that Obama was not born in the U.S.

Trump wrongly claimed that Clinton wanted to implement a government-run, “single-payer,” health care system, like Canada’s, and he cherry-picked high proposed premium increases in the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Clinton went too far in saying an ACA provision to allow young adults to stay on their parents plans until age 26 was “something that didn’t happen before.” At least 31 states had similar provisions before the law was enacted.

Trump said that “Ambassador [Chris] Stevens sent 600 requests for help” before he was killed in an attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, in September 2012. But not all 600 were requests for security upgrades, nor were they all from Stevens.

The candidates disagreed over Clinton’s role in a U.S. response to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons. Both had a point. Clinton was in office when President Obama said Assad’s use of chemical weapons would cross a “red line for us,” but she was gone when Obama failed to back up his threat.

Clinton claimed that since the Great Recession the gains have all gone to the top, but a 2016 economic report said that in 2014 and 2015 “the incomes of bottom 99% families have finally started recovering in earnest.”

Trump again claimed without evidence that “many people saw the bombs all over the apartment” of the San Bernardino shooters.

Kristy
10-10-2016, 12:15 PM
As I keep saying they are both ridiculously old.

For fuck's sake, make up your mind, Mr. Mangina. Are you now microaggressing a woman's age? After all, it was just the other day you were proselytizing how American should all vote blindly for Hillary simply because she is a woman.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/62684072.jpg

Do some work on your boring mangina skills, okay?

vandeleur
10-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Ladies and gentlemen and those that are wavering today's toilet roll word of the day is .....

"Mangina" brought you by those witless bores at kristy.com

:)

Kristy
10-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Poor limey. So lost.

vandeleur
10-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Ouch :D

Kristy
10-10-2016, 01:35 PM
I have a question here.

Why do limeys smell so bad? I know, I know, the lack of personal hygiene. But its such a rapacious smell. Like the smell of death.

FORD
10-10-2016, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FCSDo_t_Y

Kristy
10-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Yeah, that Hitler bunker parody shit never grows old.

cadaverdog
10-10-2016, 07:35 PM
At the next debate it may be quicker just to list the things they said that weren't lies...

#1. Trump told Clinton “after getting the subpoena” to turn over documents related to the Benghazi investigation “you delete 33,000 emails.” A contractor managing Clinton’s server deleted the emails. There is no evidence Clinton knew when they were deleted.

#2 Trump said that “Ambassador [Chris] Stevens sent 600 requests for help” before he was killed in an attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, in September 2012. But not all 600 were requests for security upgrades, nor were they all from Stevens.

#3 Trump again claimed without evidence that “many people saw the bombs all over the apartment” of the San Bernardino shooters.

I numbered those passages so you'd see what I'm responding to.
#1. There's no evidence to prove she wasn't aware someone was deleting those e mails either. If she did I'm certain she knew what plausible deniability meant before she did it.

#2 How many request did Stevens need to make to get help? He asked for help and he didn't get any. Who's responsible for that? Not Hillary even though she sent the poor bastard over there. Bullshit.

#3 If Trump said that he was mistaken. The FBI found bomb making tools and such but I'm sure they removed any evidence they found before the landlord decided to let the media into the apartment. Trump was wrong about who saw what but the FBI did find evidence they had materials used to make bombs including "19 types of pipes that could be converted into bombs from the home." What the fuck would the have all these pipes for? They weren't plumbers or pipe fitters and they lived in an apartment.

BTW: I just found out they buried those cocksuckers in my hometown. If I ever go back there I'll stop by and piss on their graves. Might even dig them up and piss on their corpses.

cadaverdog
10-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Ladies and gentlemen and those that are wavering today's toilet roll word of the day is .....

What the fuck in a "mangina"?

DONNIEP
10-10-2016, 07:46 PM
What the fuck in a "mangina"?

In a mangina? Usually more sand than in all of Dirtville :biggrin:

Seshmeister
10-10-2016, 07:47 PM
It's all at the link I posted but I've copied it here.

I numbered those passages so you'd see what I'm responding to.
#1. There's no evidence to prove she wasn't aware someone was deleting those e mails either. If she did I'm certain she knew what plausible deniability meant before she did it.

There were several claims about Clinton’s emails that were either wrong, misleading or lacked context.

Trump twisted the facts when he directly addressed Clinton about her use of a private email system while secretary of state. “You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails. And then you acid wash them — or bleach them, as you would say — a very expensive process,” Trump said.

Trump is referring to 31,830 emails that Clinton’s lawyers had deemed personal and, as a result, did not have to be turned over to the government. As we have written, the department’s policy allows its employees to determine which emails are work-related and must be preserved. “Messages that are not records may be deleted when no longer needed,” according to the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual (5 FAM 443.5). So Clinton was entitled to delete those nearly 32,000 emails.

It is true that the emails were deleted after Clinton received a subpoena from a Republican-controlled House committee investigation into the 2012 deaths of four Americans in Benghazi. But there is no evidence that Clinton knew that the emails were deleted after the subpoena was issued.

A quick recap of what happened, according to FBI notes of its investigation: In December 2014, a Clinton attorney told Platte River Networks – which at the time was managing Clinton’s private server – that Clinton had preserved her work-related emails and “decided she no longer needed access to any of her e-mails older than 60 days.” Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s former chief of staff, instructed the PRN employee — who was not identified — “to modify the e-mail retention policy” on Clinton’s server “to reflect this change,” FBI notes show.

On March 9, 2015, Clinton’s attorney informed PRN of the committee’s subpoena. The PRN employee who deleted the emails told the FBI that “he had an ‘oh shit’ moment” sometime between March 25 and March 31, 2015, and deleted the Clinton emails from the PRN server. Clinton told the FBI that she was not aware that they were deleted in late March 2015. (See pages 17-19 for the FBI’s notes on the deleted emails.) The FBI did not say when Clinton learned when the emails had been deleted.

Trump went too far when he said “after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails” since there is no evidence at this time that shows she had knowledge of when the emails were deleted.

#2 How many request did Stevens need to make to get help? He asked for help and he didn't get any. Who's responsible for that? Not Hillary even though she sent the poor bastard over there. Bullshit.

Trump said that “Ambassador [Chris] Stevens sent 600 requests for help” before he was killed in an attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, in September 2012. But as the Washington Post Fact Checker reported, not all 600 came from Stevens, nor were they all requests for security upgrades, as it may have appeared to those watching or listening to the debate.

The total refers to the “cumulative number of security requests/concerns from Benghazi – 2012,” according to a chart the House Select Committee on Benghazi showed during a congressional hearing in October 2015. And “requests” and “concerns” are not the same thing, the Fact Checker said.

From its report:

Washington Post Fact Checker, Jan. 26: “A request is made via email or cable for physical security, equipment, or something related to the compound itself (lighting, barriers, wire, etc),” a GOP congressional staff member explained. “Weeks or months later, the same unresolved issue is brought up again in a discussion. That’s a request and a concern. In general, concerns followed requests. However, some concerns are independent of a request. Such concerns could, for example, be expressed about the delay of issuing visas to DS agents kept out of Libya. Concerns could be expressed about security personnel needing to provide their own holsters or protective gear, etc.”

Requests, meanwhile, were about any specific security-related need in Benghazi. A request for hundreds of sandbags would count as one request.

However, officials could not say how many of the 600 were security requests and how many were concerns.

Also, the State Department Accountability Review Board, which did call U.S. security in Benghazi “inadequate” prior to the attack, noted in its report that the agency made several security upgrades in 2012. So at least some of the security issues raised by officials were addressed, which may not have been clear from Trump’s statement.

#3 If Trump said that he was mistaken. The FBI found bomb making tools and such but I'm sure they removed any evidence they found before the landlord decided to let the media into the apartment. Trump was wrong about who saw what but the FBI did find evidence they had materials used to make bombs including "19 types of pipes that could be converted into bombs from the home." What the fuck would the have all these pipes for? They weren't plumbers or pipe fitters and they lived in an apartment.

In stressing that Muslims need to notify the police of wrongdoing in their communities, Trump claimed without evidence that “many people saw the bombs all over the apartment of the two people that killed 14 and wounded many, many people” in San Bernardino last year.

As we have written, a neighbor reportedly had noticed packages being delivered to the San Bernardino home of the shooters, and told a friend that the couple was doing a lot of work in their garage. The friend said the neighbor did not want to racially profile the couple, so she did not report it. Another worker in the neighborhood reported seeing well-dressed Middle Eastern men walking from the house to lunch several times, which the worker said he thought was unusual but also did not report.

But in neither case did anyone report that they had seen “bombs all over the floor” of the couple’s home, and failed to report it to authorities.

Trump made the same claim about the San Bernardino case after a mass shooting in June at a gay night club in Orlando. At that time, Trump said “Muslims are the ones that have to report him,” referring to the Orlando shooter, Omar Mateen. However, Mohammed A. Malik contacted the FBI in 2014 after he learned that Mateen had been watching videotapes of Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Yemen-based imam. The FBI confirmed Malik’s story, the Washington Post wrote.

cadaverdog
10-10-2016, 07:56 PM
I'll respond quick so I don't have to delete half your post.
The E Mail bullshit is just a diversion IMO. Benghazi is the issue that should be most relevant but so far it hasn't been. She sent those diplomats there and had a duty to protect them. They're dead now. She failed. As far as the last part. Trump needs to stick to the facts because the facts are damaging enough. Trying to add more to the story makes the real facts questionable. Other Muslims probably were aware of what these fucks were up to but unfortunately the FBI hasn't been able to prove that.

cadaverdog
10-10-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm not for Trump. At one time I was but he has proven himself to be the jackass everyone said he was but I'll vote for him for several reasons.
#1 I fear Russia. Russia isn't North Korea. We fuck with Russia Putin will retaliate. I can't see us tangling with Russia over Assad and Syria. Fuck Assad, fuck Syria.
#2 The open borders bullshit.
#3 The liberals here need someone to oppose them or they'll whither up and die. As long as I've been posting here this place thrives on difference of opinion. Sometimes it gets out of hand, sometimes it doesn't. Lately everyone's been able to tell each other they're full of shit without getting personal.

Seshmeister
10-10-2016, 08:22 PM
It seems to me it has been over inflated just like her husband's BJ was.

And investigated a hell of a lot.

I think Trump and she have been involved in worse stuff especially Trump. Over the next month there will be more leaks of Trump being a boorish anti woman prick of a man but I think there is some more sinister stuff like his mob connections that won't come out.

You have to admit that the Republican machine is very very focused and effective on attacking the Clintons and anyone else that stands against them and in many ways that is a good thing you want your politicians to be under the spotlight.

It's also worth pointing out that Obama has been incredibly clean (I was about to say whiter than white) compared to all his recent predecessors.

Seshmeister
10-10-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm not for Trump. At one time I was but he has proven himself to be the jackass everyone said he was but I'll vote for him for several reasons.
#1 I fear Russia. Russia isn't North Korea. We fuck with Russia Putin will retaliate. I can't see us tangling with Russia over Assad and Syria. Fuck Assad, fuck Syria.
#2 The open borders bullshit.
#3 The liberals here need someone to oppose them or they'll whither up and die. As long as I've been posting here this place thrives on difference of opinion. Sometimes it gets out of hand, sometimes it doesn't. Lately everyone's been able to tell each other they're full of shit without getting personal.

The difference between you and many of the 40+% who are going to vote Trump is that you have stepped outside the bubble and heard opinions on both sides because of this site. That goes for the other side too, people are getting too polarized because they only ever hear one side of the argument these days because people choose news sources which reflect what they already think.

Seshmeister
10-10-2016, 08:29 PM

So how long do you think she will put this in every other post? 6 months?

I'm bored already...

cadaverdog
10-10-2016, 08:43 PM
I think Trump and she have been involved in worse stuff especially Trump. Over the next month there will be more leaks of Trump being a boorish anti woman prick of a man but I think there is some more sinister stuff like his mob connections that won't come out.

You have to admit that the Republican machine is very very focused and effective on attacking the Clintons and anyone else that stands against them and in many ways that is a good thing you want your politicians to be under the spotlight.

I care less about what Trump may or may not have done than I do about what Hillary may of may not have done because he's a private citizen and she was a government official. Holding him accountable for his actions as a private citizen isn't my job. Holding Hillary accountable for what she's done as a government official is my duty as an American.
As far as the Republican machine goes it's pretty obvious they're NOT backing Trump at all. That makes me extra suspicious about Hillary. If the media and both parties want her to be our next president I don't.

Terry
10-11-2016, 10:08 PM

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/factchecking-the-second-presidential-debate/

Clinton exaggerated when she said the U.S. was now “energy independent.” The country imported 11 percent of total energy consumed in 2015.

Trump falsely said he never tweeted “check out a sex tape” in the wee hours of the morning a few days after the first presidential debate. He did.

Trump told Clinton “after getting the subpoena” to turn over documents related to the Benghazi investigation “you delete 33,000 emails.” A contractor managing Clinton’s server deleted the emails. There is no evidence Clinton knew when they were deleted.

Trump also said Clinton’s emails were “acid washed,” calling it a “very expensive process.” Neither statement is true. The emails were deleted using a free software program that does not involve the use of chemicals.

Clinton said there is “no evidence that anyone hacked the server I was using.” That is true, but the FBI said it was “possible” that her email system was hacked because she sent and received emails in “the territory of sophisticated adversaries.”

Clinton said intelligence officials said this week that Russians were behind political hacking attacks in the U.S. Trump said, “She doesn’t know if Russia is doing the hacking.” Clinton is closer to the truth.

Clinton claimed she was holding up Abraham Lincoln as an example of leadership when she defended “back room” deals. Turns out, she did.

Trump distorted the facts about a rape case that Clinton was involved in as a legal aid lawyer in 1975, wrongly accusing Clinton of “laughing at” the victim.

Both candidates distorted the other’s tax plan. Trump said Clinton was “raising everybody’s taxes massively,” when two analyses concluded almost all of the tax increases she proposes would fall on the top 10 percent. And Clinton claimed Trump’s plan “would end up raising taxes on middle class families.” Some families would see increased taxes, but on average middle-income taxpayers would get a tax cut.

Trump wrongly claimed that Clinton’s 2008 campaign manager said on TV that the campaign had started the false rumor that Obama was not born in the U.S.

Trump wrongly claimed that Clinton wanted to implement a government-run, “single-payer,” health care system, like Canada’s, and he cherry-picked high proposed premium increases in the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Clinton went too far in saying an ACA provision to allow young adults to stay on their parents plans until age 26 was “something that didn’t happen before.” At least 31 states had similar provisions before the law was enacted.

Trump said that “Ambassador [Chris] Stevens sent 600 requests for help” before he was killed in an attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, in September 2012. But not all 600 were requests for security upgrades, nor were they all from Stevens.

The candidates disagreed over Clinton’s role in a U.S. response to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons. Both had a point. Clinton was in office when President Obama said Assad’s use of chemical weapons would cross a “red line for us,” but she was gone when Obama failed to back up his threat.

Clinton claimed that since the Great Recession the gains have all gone to the top, but a 2016 economic report said that in 2014 and 2015 “the incomes of bottom 99% families have finally started recovering in earnest.”

Trump again claimed without evidence that “many people saw the bombs all over the apartment” of the San Bernardino shooters.

Overall, a fairly disappointing debate, because much less of it involved the candidates explaining what they would do if elected than I would have liked. Too much of it was given over to character attacks and interpretations who did what back when.

I will say that Trump did what he needed to do in terms of putting Clinton on the defensive. Even in her roughest campaign prior to this one, in 2008, none of her opponents ever spoke to her the way Trump did, and Trump needed to do that because if the 2nd debate was another night of Trump being on the defensive as he was in the first debate it would have been even worse for him the second time around. Trump needs to have his base fully fired up and turning out to the polls if he has any chance of winning, and the things he said to Hillary on Sunday night doubtless had an energizing effect. It was even more important after the taped "pussy grabbing" comments surfaced 2 days prior for Trump to try and change the narrative.

Unfortunately, with the town hall forum and no podium to rest behind, Trump's body language was even more peculiar than it was at the first debate. For all the talk of Hillary's health status, Trump was breathing heavily through his nose and slightly rocking from side to side at times while he stood: leaning against or sitting on his chair when he wasn't speaking would have projected a much more relaxed image. Simply put, Trump came across as an angry guy, his face more red than (the usual) orange in terms of hue. He was just as interruptive as the first debate, and largely wasn't able to focus on the question that was asked of him for his two minute answer period without wandering off onto sometimes totally irrelevant topics.

Clinton, by contrast, came across as relaxed and confident. And she was able to answer the questions asked of her in far more depth than Trump was, with a greater command of the facts and made far fewer untrue statements than Trump did (Trump kind of reminds me of Reagan in the limited sense that Reagan also tended to think something was true merely because he believed it to be so).

As to who 'won' these debates, the results of essentially every poll based on objective scientific methods have shown Hillary pulling away from Trump after each debate. Doubtless many Trump supporters will claim Trump won both of them, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

My hope for the third debate (provided Trump actually shows up, of course) is that the primary focus will be on issues and what the candidates plan to do. And I think Hillary is ready to have that debate. Trump, as evidenced by his last minute 'press conference' with the three women who accused Bill Clinton of molesting them and the one women who claimed Hillary laughed at her because she was raped, clearly is not ready to have that debate.

Seshmeister
10-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Trump will turn up for the 3rd debate because he is behind in the polls.

Kristy
10-11-2016, 10:26 PM

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/d/da/Dumb_sign.jpg

Terry
10-12-2016, 07:11 PM

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if he didn't turn up for the 3rd debate.

He may well conclude that these debates aren't helping him (unless he continues to think he is winning them) and maybe decide to just do a 90 minute political infomercial, or hold a press conference. He could do either of those things and upstage the coverage of him dropping out of the 3rd debate, and the televised press would happily give him all the airtime he wanted to do so.

I mean, it's hard to think that a third debate appearance is going to help him much at this point. He doesn't have anything new by way of bombshells to drop on Hillary. Nobody gives a shit about the WikiLeaks stuff: it doesn't paint a portrait of Hillary that is any different than what is already suspected of her.

trudy
10-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Trump will still want third debate because of the poll result.

Seshmeister
10-13-2016, 08:30 AM
https://www.good.is/articles/buffet-strikes-back?utm_content=inf_10_81_2&utm_source=TSE&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=pd&tse_id=INF_b9f19da090a211e6b6db4d0235f40af5

https://assets.goodstatic.com/s3/magazine/assets/563495/original/Buf_1200.jpg=s1300x1600

Despite promising to release his tax returns during the 2016 election, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has broken his pledge and withheld his returns claiming he’s under audit. This has led to rampant speculation that the supposed billionaire contributes very little charity and doesn’t pay any taxes. These claims were bolstered by leaked documents that show he took a $916 million loss in 1995. This loss was so significant it may have allowed him to shield his income from being taxed for up to 18 years.

Last night, Trump confirmed that he used his massive losses to avoid paying the taxman saying, “Of course I do. Of course I do.” But when asked if he could reveal how long he’s avoided paying taxes he said, “No.” Trump also discussed how he used the tax code to lower his burden and accused Clinton’s friend billionaire Warren Buffett of doing the same. “Many of her friends took bigger deductions,” he said. “Warren Buffett took a massive deduction.”

Today, Warren Buffett put his money where his mouth is and and challenged Trump’s false allegations saying, “I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward.” Buffett also shared some details of his most recent tax return: “My 2015 return shows adjusted gross income of $11,563,931. My deductions totaled $5,477,694, of which allowable charitable contributions were $3,469,179. All but $36,037 of the remainder was for state income taxes.”

Buffett also revealed that in 2015 he gave $2,858,057,970 to charity—a startling figure given the fact that Trump lied about donating $1 million to a veteran’s organization earlier this year. At the end of his statement, Buffet put a final pin in Trump’s balloon by saying this tax information was disclosed while being under audit. “I have no problem in releasing my tax information while under audit,” Buffet says. “Neither would Mr. Trump – at least he would have no legal problem.”

cadaverdog
10-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Trump might be better off taking the fifth next debate. Hillary won't need to because no one's going to ask her about anything she might have done that would make her look bad anyway. She could take a dump on the stage during the debate and claim she had no knowledge of it and no one would call her a liar.

FORD
10-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Trump probably takes a fifth of something before every debate. Just as was the case with John BONER, the orange skin is a sign of chronic liver damage :beers:

vandeleur
10-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Trump probably takes a fifth of something before every debate. Just as was the case with John BONER, the orange skin is a sign of chronic liver damage :beers:

It's measured in grams ;)

Terry
10-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Trump will still want third debate because of the poll result.

If he puts on a performance similar to the first two debates, his poll numbers after the 3rd debate will go down.

He's got a little more than 3 weeks left. If the poll numbers on such sites as 538.com continue to hold, he's going to lose, badly. Christ, even the Fox News poll has Trump down by 7 points. And the Trump candidacy may not even have hit rock bottom yet.

I...really don't see any miracle formula for Trump in terms of helping his chances. Mostly because Trump himself isn't able to exhibit enough self-discipline to go on a debate forum and spend his time explaining exactly how he is going to make America great again. His vague promises and unspecified claims come across as half P.T. Barnum, half Norman Peale. Basically, he offers what amounts to a "See what is inside the Mystery Box!" approach when asked about specifics of his economic plan. He's going to drop the top tax rate from 35% to 15%, yet he will fix America's crumbling infrastructure? Great! Wait a minute...the math doesn't add up. Never mind! Trump is fantastic negotiator and a great businessman! He's going to make huge deals for us!

Even when taking the one claim Trump could seemingly make in terms of being qualified for the presidency - that of a stellar business acumen - seriously, his business history is rife with failed ventures, multiple bankruptcies resulting in settlements where investors got paid pennies on the dollar, failing to pay vendors and purveyors and massive tax deductions/exemptions due to the nature of real estate finance. None of which leaves me with the impression Trump would even have a general awareness of how the federal budget works, much less how to balance it. To his credit, Trump personally rebounded from his many business failures. Many of those who were in business with him in the late 1980s/early 1990s didn't find themselves nearly as lucky when the dust settled and the ink dried. That's why his main business for the last two decades has been that of merely licensing his name.

In terms of total losses, Trump's make the anomalies of the Clinton Foundation pale in comparison.

Trump's solution to the shortcomings of the Affordable Care Act is to repeal the entire law and go back to the laissez-faire model of insurance companies calling all the shots and setting healthcare costs at whatever levels and whatever terms the insurance companies see fit. It doesn't take a Nobel Prize in Economics to see where that will lead in terms of costs to the consumer.

So I'm not even sure what plans Trump could talk about in detail in the 3rd debate, assuming he could even muster up the self-discipline to do so, that aren't standard trickle-down austerity boilerplate that has proven non-lucrative for the vast bulk of Americans.

Maybe some new, substantive bombshells about Hillary Clinton will surface in the last 3 weeks. Short of that, the chances for Donald look slim. Doubtless his concession speech will be something along the lines of "America is full of losers who didn't vote for me. You all deserve what you get!" as he extends a small, chubby middle finger to the cameras and takes a helicopter ride back to one of the golden towers adorned with the massive TRUMP logo. Never for a moment will he consider that the many things he said and did cost him the election: it will be the fault of the voters for failing to elect him.

And good riddance, I say.

FORD
10-13-2016, 08:13 PM
It's measured in grams ;)

That accounts for his sniffing problem, but not the orange skin. :smiley-sniffer:

Seshmeister
10-13-2016, 09:48 PM
It's interesting that Clinton didn't choose to put the boot into him over all the leading Republicans saying they aren't going to vote for him.

The thinking is that is tactical and that Trump is poisonous to GOP candidates so don't publicise those opting out.

The polls seem to show a reduced GOP majority but no way the Democrats can take over. I guess that means Clinton wins then domestically nothing will change apart from your president will be a lot less cool and a bit more hawkish in foreign policy.

cadaverdog
10-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Satan needs to release that video of the Clintons selling their souls to him and see how many votes she gets. Fucker probably got tricked into signing a non disclosure contract.

FORD
10-13-2016, 11:09 PM
I seem to remember Satan claiming that he signed a contract with Bill, but never with Hillary. Can't blame him for that. Even the Lord of sin and darkness has to have some standards.

Seshmeister
10-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Can you remember what the tooth fairy thought?

How did the Easter Bunny feel about the whole Somalia thing?

cadaverdog
10-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Can you remember what the tooth fairy thought?
I wasn't pals with the tooth fairy. We call the guy you thought was the tooth fairy over here a pedophile.

FORD
10-13-2016, 11:46 PM
How did the Easter Bunny feel about the whole Somalia thing?

He's OK with it.... as long as all the wackjobs with guns over there realize it's Duck Season!

https://in.bookmyshow.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/duck-season-rabbit-season.jpg

cadaverdog
10-14-2016, 12:02 AM
He's OK with it.... as long as all the wackjobs with guns over there realize it's Duck Season!

https://in.bookmyshow.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/duck-season-rabbit-season.jpg

Rabbit theason.

Terry
10-14-2016, 09:31 PM
It's interesting that Clinton didn't choose to put the boot into him over all the leading Republicans saying they aren't going to vote for him.

The thinking is that is tactical and that Trump is poisonous to GOP candidates so don't publicise those opting out.

The polls seem to show a reduced GOP majority but no way the Democrats can take over. I guess that means Clinton wins then domestically nothing will change apart from your president will be a lot less cool and a bit more hawkish in foreign policy.

You'd really need to see a high percentage of "down the ballot" democratic party voters turning out to flip the House Of Representatives. The Senate is MAYBE doable in terms of Democrats getting to 60. Now, had the entire elected/currently holding office Republicans decided to tie their political fortunes to Trump, maybe the Dems would have had a more realistic chance to take back all of the Legislative Branch as well as the Executive one.

However, now that it has been made clear to Republican candidates running in November that there will be no repercussions for not supporting Trump in general, that scenario is less likely.

Seshmeister
10-14-2016, 09:36 PM
I still wonder about all this polling stuff.

It used to be quite accurate but after the Brexit thing I'm not sure they have adjusted to the new politics yet.

I hear figures of Clinton 85% likely to win and they are not that different to the referendum here which was 80% and proved to be wrong.

When you get a candidate that is socially embaressing to vote for a lot of people say one thing and vote differently.

FORD
10-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Polling in this country is fucked up because it's still mostly done on landlines, which means they're automatically biased in favor of the senior citizens. My horribly techno-phobic parents - same people who never managed to properly program a VCR - somehow managed to teach themselves how to use a cell phone without my help. (Basic phone, of course. They wouldn't know what to do with a smart phone.) Despite this though, they refuse to let go of their landline. Even though 95% of the calls that come in on that line are sales/telemarketers/scam artists/and most likely, some political pollsters. Though my mom would be likely to either hang up on them outright, or tell them she was voting for the Communist party, just to be a smart ass. She doesn't like giving out information about her votes. In this climate, who the Hell could blame her?

She got a laugh when those fake "IRS" scammers from India called her though. She called them out immediately and they responded "suck my dick". Seriously, who (other than possibly Trump) says that to a woman in her 70s? She just laughed at them. Best way to respond, really...

Seshmeister
10-15-2016, 09:07 PM
I stopped answering the landline a couple of years ago and stopped even checking the messages last year.

Like a lot of people at this point I'm really not sure why I have it. :)

Nickdfresh
10-16-2016, 01:26 PM

The Soviets/Russians? The UK? French? *That includes not allowing the natives to have elections...

Seshmeister
10-16-2016, 10:27 PM
I wasn't including not allowing them meaningful elections at all so with that proviso I still think probably the US. :)

Central and South America for starters...

The hated School Of The Americas and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperat ion

Which to be fair Clinton and Sanders announced they would(finally) close a couple of months ago.

FORD
10-17-2016, 02:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8AK6FOz99E

Kristy
10-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Polling in this country is fucked up because it's still mostly done on landlines, which means they're automatically biased in favor of the senior citizens. My horribly techno-phobic parents - same people who never managed to properly program a VCR - somehow managed to teach themselves how to use a cell phone without my help. (Basic phone, of course. They wouldn't know what to do with a smart phone.) Despite this though, they refuse to let go of their landline. Even though 95% of the calls that come in on that line are sales/telemarketers/scam artists/and most likely, some political pollsters. Though my mom would be likely to either hang up on them outright, or tell them she was voting for the Communist party, just to be a smart ass. She doesn't like giving out information about her votes. In this climate, who the Hell could blame her?

She got a laugh when those fake "IRS" scammers from India called her though. She called them out immediately and they responded "suck my dick". Seriously, who (other than possibly Trump) says that to a woman in her 70s? She just laughed at them. Best way to respond, really...

You fucking sad, pathetic, Bernie brats.

Terry
10-18-2016, 07:40 PM
I still wonder about all this polling stuff.

It used to be quite accurate but after the Brexit thing I'm not sure they have adjusted to the new politics yet.

I hear figures of Clinton 85% likely to win and they are not that different to the referendum here which was 80% and proved to be wrong.

When you get a candidate that is socially embaressing to vote for a lot of people say one thing and vote differently.

It's certainly possible the polling is flawed and producing an incorrect prediction.

In 2008, I didn't even believe Obama COULD win until Election Night when the results came in: it seemed inconceivable to me that enough Americans would pull the lever for a black man: I didn't think as a nation that we were there yet. And exit polling on Election Night in 2004 predicted Kerry would win.

Basically, once the tallies are in on Election Night, only then will I know it is over. The only election in recent memory where the result was totally a foregone conclusion was 1996.

Nickdfresh
10-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I wasn't including not allowing them meaningful elections at all so with that proviso I still think probably the US. :)

Central and South America for starters...

The hated School Of The Americas and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperat ion

Which to be fair Clinton and Sanders announced they would(finally) close a couple of months ago.

Well old chap, where the "School of the Americas" trained them, elections generally weren't required... ;) Although, even El Salvador became a democracy with the inclusion of the leftist guerillas into the gov't...

And yes, the Monroe Doctrine. Of course the US exerted historical dominance over the continent, but when we were otherwise indisposed (ala the Civil War), peeps like the French usually became involved as well, like in their invasion of Mexico. It's a complex history, but it's hard to say the U.S. is any worse than the Soviet gangbang rape of Poland. The British in Ireland, India, Africa, etc.

As for Central and South America, yes the U.S. deserves a lot of blame for things. But so do the Latin Americans. They could have united long ago. We were meddling in their quarrels but not creating them...

While I have no problem reading them, it's sad to see Assuange just basically become a Russian fuck-puppet with his master ironically actually running a previous shill election with massively recorded incidents of voter fraud...

You could point to specific CIA plots like in the Italian elections, but then the Soviet NKVD/KGB were often funding the communists...

Nickdfresh
10-23-2016, 01:36 PM
I stopped answering the landline a couple of years ago and stopped even checking the messages last year.

Like a lot of people at this point I'm really not sure why I have it. :)

LOL I might be getting one for the first time in 10 years simply because the local cable thugs offer it almost for free with better internet and more channels...

DONNIEP
10-23-2016, 03:40 PM
LOL I might be getting one for the first time in 10 years simply because the local cable thugs offer it almost for free with better internet and more channels...

I've been thinking about canceling my cable. We almost never use it and the cable company has raised the rates higher than camel cock.

FORD
10-23-2016, 06:23 PM
The only time I regret canceling cable tv is when I can't find a decent stream to watch football games on line. Which thankfully doesn't happen all that much anymore. Of course I still unfortunately am stuck with Scumcast for internet (literally no other options available) so when those fucking assholes run their bot once an hour to deliberately fuck with anybody streaming anything (whether it's a video stream of a ball game, or the audio stream of the Mike Malloy show) they still find a way to fuck me over.

Besides the ridiculous $70/month price tag, I mean. And yes, that's just for internet. And it ain't the gigabit shit either.

twonabomber
10-23-2016, 06:24 PM
I've got Playstation Vue for $30 a month instead of DirecTV for over $100. Vue has the local FOX sports channel so I can watch Cavs games. SlingTV didn't have the locals.

FORD
10-23-2016, 06:32 PM
I'd consider going with the Playstation Vue thing if they picked up the Seattle locals. Last time I checked, it wasn't an option. And Scumcast's own streaming service never made it past one or two test markets. That one was nothing but all the local channels, but that would be enough to get me local news and the Seahawks games. Have to credit Sony for NOT limiting their service to only Playstation hardware though... since really don't need a $400 video game system to watch TV.

DONNIEP
10-23-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't want Directv either. I hate to cancel the cable just in case I don't want to wait til the next day to watch the couple shows I like but I have no idea what other options are out there.

twonabomber
10-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Have to credit Sony for NOT limiting their service to only Playstation hardware though... since really don't need a $400 video game system to watch TV.

Vue works great on both kinds of FireTV devices, and I think I can watch on up to five at a time. When i had Sling they were only allowing one viewer per account. And Vue works pretty good over a wireless connection to the FireTV stick I have on an old HDTV in the garage. I doubt Vizio will ever add a competitor's streaming service to their smart TV's so the Fire stick was the way to go. Got Kodi sideloaded as well so I can pull stuff off my PC and stream it to the stick.

Vue has some locals, but all I can get here is local CBS. I don't know if or when the others are coming, but I have an antenna so I'm not too worried about it.

I don't want Directv either. I hate to cancel the cable just in case I don't want to wait til the next day to watch the couple shows I like but I have no idea what other options are out there.

That's why I got rid of DTV. I was watching everything a day later anyways, and most of that content is free (legally or otherwise) the next day. I don't miss DTV. That and I quit watching stuff I had to keep up with every week, but I am watching Westworld. More music, less TV around here.

And now I see that AT&T is buying Time Warner. Hope that works out better than when AOL bought Time Warner.

Kristy
10-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Turdonabummer's TV*

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XmJC-ou7t6I/TRjQg7DdKNI/AAAAAAAAAUk/ATLZdusi6JA/s1600/smashed_TV.jpg

*you see, he's poor and should be shamed for it.

twonabomber
10-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Right.

Kristy
10-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Oh, quit crying. It's nothing personal. All poor people from Cleveland should be shamed