PDA

View Full Version : The Kobe Sweepstakes

POJO_Risin
07-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Okay...the Lakers can offer him up 130 million over 7 years...the most of any team...

The Clippers are doing whatever they can to keep him in LA as well...

I can't see Kobe being happy in San Antonio...no way...although Duncan would fit him much better than Shaq...

but Denver? lmfao...maybe he's considering the Nuggets in case he can get a work release...lmfao...

ALinChainz
07-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Kobe ending up in Denver would be just fucking bizarre.

Pretty much the Lakers and Clips in my view.

San Antonio would be interesting, but I don't see it.

POJO_Risin
07-06-2004, 03:26 PM
They sign Kobe...then of course...a couple of years from now...we have Kobe and Duncan wanting to rip each others throats out...

no...don't see that happening...

but this offseason has been bizarre...anyways...

Warham
07-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Kobe stays with the Lakers for the rest of his career. They are practically giving him what he wants on a silver platter.

He'd be insane to play for the Clippers, and at that point, I'd even say, 'good riddance'.

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Who knows with this guy...

I just don't see a Shaq deal getting done...and I don't see these guys playing together...

twonabomber
07-07-2004, 02:34 AM
i say he stays in LA, too. that high-zoot wife of his won't be able to make it living anywhere else.

redblkwht
07-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Who knows with this guy...

I just don't see a Shaq deal getting done...and I don't see these guys playing together...
see i do, dallas is making room as we speak..
its a done deal,mark it, Shaq in dallas.

redblkwht
07-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
They sign Kobe...then of course...a couple of years from now...we have Kobe and Duncan wanting to rip each others throats out...
Duncans way more laid back the Shaq, im sure
he'd welcome it, he has that robinson aura never seems distracted.

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I don't know if it's a done deal in Dallas...although they would assuredly be at the top of the short list...

I think LA's holding their cards until Kobe makes his decision...

it would be funny if they traded Shaq...and Kobe left them in the lurch...

or...perhaps...Kobe leaving will set the tone for what they ASK for Shaq...

Perhaps the go after Finley, Stackhouse (NC Alum--ala Kupchak) and Nowitzki...whereas before they don't want Stack...

just a thought...

but they'd be stupid not to get Howard...or preferably...Daniels...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
No fookin' way Kobe is going anywhere...

He's playing it the smart way, he's playing his cards....

He knows the longer he takes, the more the Lakers will offer... Not in money, but in other team matters, i.e. personnel input, offense, etc...

As for Shaq, I agree with RBW, he's gotta go to Dallas....

Nowitski and Finley.....

Poj, you can keep Stackhouse.... ;)

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't like Stackhouse in the least...

and believe me...the Lakers have a deal in place...period...they can't offer up more...call it..."The Magic Rule"

and there is no "fookin" way that Rudy T will take that job if Kobe is going to be involved in personel decissions...

As far as the offense goes...Kobe can be a ball hog in ANY offense...so I'm guessin' that's a non-factor as well...

my bet...

Kobe's waiting to see what happens to Shaq...

and Shaq...well...he just wants out...

Kobe is a money whore...so I doubt he'll go anywhere...

but my guess is if the Lakers slag their feet with Shaq...Kobe'll jump ship...

funny thing about it is 130 million over 7 years...

Saying Shaq is going to Dallas isn't really stepping out...right now...they are the only legit possibility...since Shaq has stated what he thinks of the Clippers..

PS to Va (If Kupchak is stupid enough to first ask Roy Williams about the job...then Mike K...he's more than idiot enough to not only get Stack...but actually want him)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Stackhouse = EXTREMELY overrated.... Major mistake, IMO...

And I also think you're being just a smidge naive if you think that the Lakers aren't going to give Kobe more power in those decisions by signing.... I've heard that in a few press interviews already....

Look at the Vince Carter shit !! He wants a trade now because he wasn't consulted when the Raptors were looking for a new coach, SOMETHING THE TEAM PROMISED VINCE THEY'D DO !!

The Lakers are going to give Kobe more input on personnel decisions, and with Shaq out of the way, he'll of course be the focal point of the offense....

POJO_Risin
07-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Yeah...it all depends on how much they offered Rudy T to come and coach...and one thing I'm not...is naive...

it's one thing to tell a player that they are going to be consulted on personel decisions...but there is no way that's:

A: going to be put into a contract...and

B: Enforced

and who would you believe first...the Lakers saying, "We'll consult you about personel decisions...with Kupchak and Rudy T there...

or Denver?...

Ownership options are a different story...but of course...don't mean shit if you don't end up....

don't kid yourself Va...what was it...don't be NAIVE...

Kobe is looking for:

1. No Shaq so he can make a name for himself

2. Money

period

all that other bullshit...is just that...bullshit...because the Lakers can't offer him anything more than what the other teams can offer him...

personel decisions...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
No shit Stackhouse is extremely overrated...

talk about kicking a dead horse....lmfao...

but that doesn't mean that moron Kupchack won't accept him in a deal.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm not telling ya what I THINK they're going to do, I'm just telling ya what the press is reporting that the Lakers are offering....

Kobe's going to get the money whereever he goes, that's almost a non-issue....

Shaq is gone, just haven't actually made the trade, that's all....

So in that respect, he knows it's going to be his team for the taking....

DaveIsKing
07-08-2004, 04:23 PM
WHO cares about this beanpole ******? I mean really? ;)