PDA

View Full Version : Electoral College.

cadaverdog
12-06-2016, 06:17 PM
I for one am sick and tired of hearing a bunch of sore losers from the electoral college flapping their gums about voting for who they want to vote for instead of voting who they were pledged to vote for as a result of the presidential election. If the results of a recount changed the winner I wouldn't like it but I'd deal with it. Some shitheads changing their vote because they don't like the results of the election would piss me off to no end. Even if you don't like Donald Trump he won by the rules we've had in place for over a hundred years. The fact that he didn't win the popular vote means nothing. It's happened four times before this.
If this happens democracy is dead in this country. Most likely we'll finally get around to changing the system to the popular vote system before the next election so it doesn't happen again but that wouldn't repair the damage done by allowing this to happen now. I could almost guaranty the voters in states that Trump won but didn't get the electoral college votes because some shithead doesn't like Trump aren't gonna just let that ride. If Hillary Clinton ends up President she might as well tattoo a bull's eye on her forehead.

FORD
12-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I cannot stand Hillary, but something is fundamentally wrong with any system where the "winner" of an election gets 2.5 million (so far) LESS votes than the "loser" of the election.

The other thought that comes to mind is the idea that the so-called "founding fathers" actually intended the Electoral College as a "failsafe" to prevent somebody who was completely incompetent and thoroughly incapable of holding the office from being inaugurated. While it would be tempting to apply that idea to Reagan or Chimpy, at least they allegedly had served as governors, so on paper, they were "qualified".

Drumpf is not. And his cabinet picks are proving exactly how incompetent he is. It's not simply that he's nominating wackjob right wing extremists, it's that he is nominating them for jobs they are not remotely qualified for. Ben Carson, for example. Arguably, he could have been appointed Surgeon General, since he is actually a surgeon. But outside of the operating room, he's done nothing. Certainly nothing that would qualify him to run HUD.

This is EXACTLY the type of situation the Electoral College allegedly exists for. Let's hope they act accordingly. Don't pick Trump OR Hillary. Find an FDR Democrat or an Eisenhower Republican. Either one would be an improvement over this clusterfuck.

Von Halen
12-06-2016, 07:21 PM
What are the required qualifications?

35 years old? Yep, he's qualified.

The Electoral College is so the 2 or 3 most populated States don't decide the election for the whole Country. It works.

But the whiners should just keep expending all their energy sniveling about LOSING! It's the Liberal way. Do nothing, and expect everything.

FORD
12-06-2016, 08:10 PM
I don't know whatever happened to Switch, but she said it perfectly here.....

;) :D Electoral college. Have you seen some of the yahoos in the so-called 'little' states? I don't want the "Jerry Springer" crowd electing our President.

LMMFAOBT

The Jerry Springer crowd.... that is the perfect description of the Cheeto voters.

Seshmeister
12-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Talking of which, places like New Hampshire having so much power over the primaries?

FORD
12-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Yeah I've been saying for years that they need to rotate the primary & caucus schedule every election cycle, instead of starting every election with MonSatan dominated Iowa and tiny little New Hampshire, and then hitting damn near every state in the old Confederacy. All of which favors the most right wing nominees of either party.

Not to mention the whole damn thing is too long. Most other industrialized nations get their entire election season over and done within a matter of weeks, or a few months at most. The US presidential election has now become a full two year process. This particular election cycle felt more like 10 years, and it's really not even over yet.

Along with the rotation every 4 years, I say all the primaries & caucuses should be held 10 or 12 at a time, every weekend in April of election year, and they should be on the weekends, so most people will have the day off. Extend the voting hours from 6 AM to 10 PM to allow the most possible voting availability for those who have to work weekends, or those who have religious reasons which would prevent them from voting at certain hours of the day. Anybody who still can't vote within that schedule can get an absentee ballot, or vote by proxy in the caucus, if their state party allows it.

Von Halen
12-06-2016, 08:47 PM
I don't know whatever happened to Switch, but she said it perfectly here.....

The Jerry Springer crowd.... that is the perfect description of the Cheeto voters.

The fucking loser Liberals are acting more like Springer types, than any Republican crowd ever has, in history.

99.9% of the people that have ever been on the Jerry Springer show are loser Liberals.

FACT!

FORD
12-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Doubt that very much. They all seem like red state right wingers to me. Jerry himself is a Democrat though. He even had a radio show on Air America for a little while. Nothing at all like his TV show. Actually, it was too boring for the early morning time slot (6:00 - 9:00 on the west coast). Ironically, the only time the show was inspiring morning radio is when Jerry was on vacation and Mike Malloy filled in for him.

cadaverdog
12-07-2016, 01:50 AM
I cannot stand Hillary, but something is fundamentally wrong with any system where the "winner" of an election gets 2.5 million (so far) LESS votes than the "loser" of the election.

If the system needs fixing you don't fix it by changing the rules retroactively. The Electoral College System has been in place since 1789. Four presidents who didn't win the popular were elected by the Electoral College System already. Donald Trump will be #5.

cadaverdog
12-07-2016, 02:00 AM
The Chicken Little Delegation fits the opposition perfectly. Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth they all start saying the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Then they cry themselves to sleep or pray to some deity they won't publicly admit they believe in to reverse the results of the election. Ain't gonna happen. Jesus don't play that.

cadaverdog
12-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Doubt that very much. They all seem like red state right wingers to me.
Until DNA testing becomes mandatory before youngsters around here start fornicating some accidental end breeding is bound to take place because most of these Cajun sumbitchs are related somewhere down the line so I'll admit some of the inbreds on the show could come from red states but everyone knows most of the trannies and homos live on the coasts with the rest of you liberal fucks.

Jesus Christ
12-07-2016, 02:28 AM
The Chicken Little Delegation fits the opposition perfectly. Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth they all start saying the sky is falling, the sky is falling. Then they cry themselves to sleep or pray to some deity they won't publicly admit they believe in to reverse the results of the election. Ain't gonna happen. Jesus don't play that.

Verily.... for I hath never interfered in the results of any mortal election.

If I had, then My servant, Jimmy Carter, would hath been re-elected in 1980, and ye would have never known the reigns of Reagan, Bush, or the Son of Bush. Let alone this orange impostor who seeketh the throne of thy nation now.

Woe to thy nation if this man and the deceptions by which he hath taken office are allowed to stand. But it is not the place of the Son of Man to settle such matters. :(

cadaverdog
12-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Verily.... for I hath never interfered in the results of any mortal election.

If I had, then My servant, Jimmy Carter, would hath been re-elected in 1980, and ye would have never known the reigns of Reagan, Bush, or the Son of Bush. Let alone this orange impostor who seeketh the throne of thy nation now.

Woe to thy nation if this man and the deceptions by which he hath taken office are allowed to stand. But it is not the place of the Son of Man to settle such matters. :(
You're gonna have to answer for this blasphemy someday. If you get your way and Queen Hillary gets coronated come January that someday might be sooner than you think.

FORD
12-11-2016, 05:40 PM
http://2008.alternet.org/files/tmw2016-12-07colorlarge.jpg

Nickdfresh
12-19-2016, 08:10 AM
Has requested an official intelligence briefing on Russian Hacking... :)

www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?73286-Electoral-College&p=1920222#post1920222

Nickdfresh
12-19-2016, 08:11 AM
So c-dog, what if the Electoral College decides not to elect drumpf?

Von Halen
12-19-2016, 10:01 AM
So c-dog, what if the Electoral College decides not to elect drumpf?

What if you woke up from your fantasy dreamland and admitted your loser piece of shit candidate lost? What if you woke up and realized your previous candidate after 8 years, has left this Country in worse economic shape, and more divided than it ever has been? What if you woke up and realized that a big majority of previously voting Democrats finally woke up to the fact their ex political party has been stealing from their hardworking selves, and giving to the undeserving, for decades, and they just flat got sick of it?

What if, you woke up and realized Trump is going to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"? Oh wait, it would be too gutless for you Libtards to do that. It's easier for you to do what you've always done. Snivel, whine and be a martyr, instead of a solution.

But don't worry Nick, you'll come around. I have faith. In 4 years, you'll be voting Trump to his second term. The dumb uneducated Libtards voted him in this time. Next time it will be even the dumbest of the dumb Libtards, like you and FROD, that will vote him to his second term. Embrace your future as a Deplorable Nicky boy. You'll wear it well.

FORD
12-19-2016, 10:42 AM
So an entire cabinet of incompetent, unqualified fascists, led by a racist reality TV star is going to solve all that HOW, exactly?

DONNIEP
12-19-2016, 12:39 PM
So an entire cabinet of incompetent, unqualified fascists, led by a racist reality TV star is going to solve all that HOW, exactly?

Well, Trump is gonna build a wall and then kick the shit out of anybody who doesn't get in line with what America says. Plus all the cool economic stuff and then he's gonna give me a big ass armored up Cadillac with machine guns and make me America's Chief of Poe Lease.

Nickdfresh
12-19-2016, 01:27 PM
What if you woke up from your fantasy dreamland and admitted your loser piece of shit candidate lost?

I already said he won the EC. I haven't "sniveled" about anything, and mostly have laughed this massive, bad joke off. But keep going on with the projection, strawman douchebaggery you revel in...

What if you woke up and realized your previous candidate after 8 years, has left this Country in worse economic shape, and more divided than it ever has been? What if you woke up and realized that a big majority of previously voting Democrats finally woke up to the fact their ex political party has been stealing from their hardworking selves, and giving to the undeserving, for decades, and they just flat got sick of it?

Von, are you retarded? Where the fuck were you at the end of the Bush Admin and their economic collapse that Obama helped reverse. I mean Jesus fucking Mary and Joseph, facts man! You were jerking off to the markets rising after Trump's EC victory a week ago but conveniently forget Obama raised the markets from BELOW 6-fucking thousand points to around 15,000!

You think The Republitards give a flying fuck about working America?

What if, you woke up and realized Trump is going to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"? Oh wait, it would be too gutless for you Libtards to do that. It's easier for you to do what you've always done. Snivel, whine and be a martyr, instead of a solution.

He seems to be having a very shitty start of making America "Great Again". It never wasn't great. But I'm pretty sure he gives fuck all about anything but making his bank account great again...

But don't worry Nick, you'll come around. I have faith. In 4 years, you'll be voting Trump to his second term. The dumb uneducated Libtards voted him in this time. Next time it will be even the dumbest of the dumb Libtards, like you and FROD, that will vote him to his second term. Embrace your future as a Deplorable Nicky boy. You'll wear it well.

It might be hard too if he's impeached, dicklick...

Keep blowing Trumpoleo bud, maybe he'll give a fuck about "hardworking" Americans like you... LMFAO!!!

Nickdfresh
12-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Well, Trump is gonna build a wall and then kick the shit out of anybody who doesn't get in line with what America says. Plus all the cool economic stuff and then he's gonna give me a big ass armored up Cadillac with machine guns and make me America's Chief of Poe Lease.

You still beLIEve that old chestnut? LMFAO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YouQNtgxcvU

FORD
12-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Fact is, the entire electoral process is fucked up. The LOSER of the Democratic primary (based on actual votes) ended up as the nominee through the corrupt concept of "superdelegates". The Republican nominee - by means of an overloaded clown car of primary candidates - "won" most of his primaries with less than 35% of the vote.

The LOSER of the November vote - a completely unqualified incompetent asshole racist narcissist - will probably emerge as a "winner" via a stupid 18th century relic designed to give political power to SLAVE states, because the majority of the people living in those states not only couldn't vote at the time, they weren't even legally considered "people".

And this isn't even taking into account the Diebold machines, the Kristopher K. Kobach voter suppression database, the deliberately oppressive photo ID laws, and all the other FASCIST BULLSHIT the right wing has thrown into the mix since they succeeded in stealing the 2000 election.

The only fair and equitable thing for the electors to do today would be for all of them to elect Bernie Sanders as President of the United States. Because he is the one who got more votes than anybody else throughout this entire fucked up election cycle.

Sadly, this country ceased to be a constiutional Democratic Republic on December 12, 2000. So this isn't likely to happen.

R.I.P. the United States of America.

Long Live the Republic of Cascadia.

DONNIEP
12-19-2016, 03:17 PM
You still beLIEve that old chestnut? LMFAO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YouQNtgxcvU

Well all Ubama promised me was "affordable health insurance" and it kinda sucks cock so I'm hoping Trump is gonna come through with some good stuff. Like affordable health insurance and a Van Hagar reunion and maybe even give Vandy some hair.

vandeleur
12-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Some .... just some !!!

"After all we have been through . I've given you the best years of my life and now you just fuck off and go"

Vandy to his fringe 2010

Von Halen
12-19-2016, 04:49 PM
The LOSER of the November vote - a completely unqualified incompetent asshole racist narcissist - will probably emerge as a "winner" via a stupid 18th century relic designed to give political power to SLAVE states, because the majority of the people living in those states not only couldn't vote at the time, they weren't even legally considered "people".

Too bad the ignorant fucks in the "slave"States will only get off their asses to vote for their own. Much like they'll only get off their asses to get their welfare check out of the mailbox, go cash it, and buy smokes and booze with it.

But hey, why hold them responsible for anything.

Nice of that piece of shit Odumbass to free more Federally convicted felons in one day today, than any other President in history has. Hopefully they all end up in that shithole Buffalo.

cadaverdog
12-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Long Live the Republic of Cascadia.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out losers.

Nickdfresh
12-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Derka derka DUUUURRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!...................

Von Halen
12-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Derka derka DUUUURRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!...................

The most intelligent post you've made since the beginning of the elections.

Nickdfresh
12-20-2016, 07:38 AM
The most intelligent post you've made since the beginning of the elections.

Can you make some intelligent ones for a change?

Von Halen
12-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Can you make some intelligent ones for a change?

How about I post something intelligent and factual, since you can't seem to do either.

It's official! Trump is your President!

FORD
12-20-2016, 02:09 PM
How about I post something intelligent and factual, since you can't seem to do either.

Well, that's almost factual. Won't be the sad disgusting reality until January 20.

But it will NEVER be intelligent. Nor will Cheeto or his horror movie cast of thieves, liars, and fascists he calls a "cabinet"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3BCWx5Rpg

cadaverdog
12-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I dedicate this song to all the losers out there who will hopefully keep their promises and move to Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f07HqO8KE3g
Wouldn't it be hilarious if President Trump called out a few of these losers by name and started singing that song to them right after his inauguration?

Nickdfresh
12-20-2016, 03:50 PM

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/1819028/Skrumble.gif
Let the games beginnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!