PDA

View Full Version : Vodka

Nitro Express
01-26-2017, 01:19 AM
I've been a Stoli guy for years but I recently tried Tito's Handmade Vodka out of Austin Texas. It's made of corn in a pot still by a petroleum engineer but has gotten good reviews. Not bad. Pretty smooth but does have a sweeter flavor than grain or potato vodkas. I like my vodka chilled so I will have to stick it in a snow bank and try it. Maybe on my next ski trip and have a few shots the final run.

twonabomber
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM
I usually get Stoli or Smirnoff. I've heard Tito's is good. Sounds like the strippers have switched to Tito's instead of Goose. :D

Some local brothers have opened a distillery, they have a wheat vodka. "The result is a distinctively crisp, smooth, vodka with the subtle character of nuts, pepper, and spice." I'll have to get a bottle. They make a hickory smoked whisky as well.

vandeleur
01-26-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't get the whole quality issue of vodka. Always thought the whole point of it was the least amount of additives and flavours to make it cheap and fit the masses.
The last thing a Russia general with lots of middle fires on his mind is a further complication of vodka additives

Nickdfresh
01-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Tito's, Ciroc, and Stoli are my go to's. But I don't really drink vodka much...

vandeleur
01-26-2017, 11:17 AM
I don't get the whole quality issue of vodka. Always thought the whole point of it was the least amount of additives and flavours to make it cheap and fit the masses.
The last thing a Russia general with lots of middle fires on his mind is a further complication of vodka additives

Wow my spell check is doing what it wants :)

Nitro Express
01-26-2017, 12:55 PM
I usually get Stoli or Smirnoff. I've heard Tito's is good. Sounds like the strippers have switched to Tito's instead of Goose. :D

Some local brothers have opened a distillery, they have a wheat vodka. "The result is a distinctively crisp, smooth, vodka with the subtle character of nuts, pepper, and spice." I'll have to get a bottle. They make a hickory smoked whisky as well.

We have so many vodka distilleries around here. We have good raw ingredients and glacial water. Now people are starting to make whiskey and moonshine. There is probably more varieties of booze on the market than ever before. It would take a while just to sample the local beers and spirits. People are even producing wine in odd places now.