PDA

View Full Version : Some good advice for the Democrat Party

Nitro Express
02-13-2017, 06:11 PM
http://stevepieczenik.com/mayor-pete-buttigieg-great-choice-for-dnc/

Time to start looking at where you want to go in the future and who is going to take your there. Bashing Trump accomplishes nothing.

FORD
02-13-2017, 06:28 PM
A gay guy with "Butt" in his name? Yeah, I think we know why Republicans want him as DNC chair.... just to make jokes about his name.

I don't think I could ever trust anybody who came from the same state party which produced Evan Bayh... who is only slightly less right wing than Mike Pence.

I'd probably take him over SHAFTA Tommy Perez, because he is clearly the Hillbot plant. But it is time to break completely free of this DLC right wing bullshit and put the party back in the hands of ACTUAL Democrats where it belongs. Keith Ellison is probably the best one to do that. Aside from myself, of course. But I haven't kept up with the inner party circle very much in recent years, so I'm not running.

Terry
02-13-2017, 06:29 PM

Time to start looking at where you want to go in the future and who is going to take your there. Bashing Trump accomplishes nothing.

Bashing Trump in and of itself probably won't move the electoral needle to where the Democratic Party would like to see it. At least not until 2020 - I haven't even taken a look at the 2018 races yet, thus have no idea where the races are, what seats are in play, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily say the mayor referenced in the article, without my knowing a lot more about him, would represent the future of the party or not. However, it doesn't hurt to look and keep eyes opened to newer, younger possibilities. Sanders, Schumer, Pelosi and Warren aren't exactly spring chickens. Booker and Gillibrand, who are referred to as "Obama lite" and "Clinton lite" respectively, don't really leap out at me. Some are actually throwing around Michelle Obama's name for 2020: I really don't think so.

The Democratic Party can and should move away from personality or big name/high profile candidates and concentrate on policy.

Nitro Express
02-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Bashing Trump in and of itself probably won't move the electoral needle to where the Democratic Party would like to see it. At least not until 2020 - I haven't even taken a look at the 2018 races yet, thus have no idea where the races are, what seats are in play, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily say the mayor referenced in the article, without my knowing a lot more about him, would represent the future of the party or not. However, it doesn't hurt to look and keep eyes opened to newer, younger possibilities. Sanders, Schumer, Pelosi and Warren aren't exactly spring chickens. Booker and Gillibrand, who are referred to as "Obama lite" and "Clinton lite" respectively, don't really leap out at me. Some are actually throwing around Michelle Obama's name for 2020: I really don't think so.

The Democratic Party can and should move away from personality or big name/high profile candidates and concentrate on policy.

It needs to go with candidates who aren't so radical or corrupt. The country likes things about in the middle. If you go too far left you aren't going to win. The Democrats went even farther left after losing to Reagan and they kept losing. They are about to make the same mistake again. Well the problem with the DNC is the same problem the RNC has. They both are the parties of Wall Street. There isn't a people's party right now that can seriously win anything. I would run on helping the average person and integrity and use some of the campaign strategy that Trump used to win. You don't need the big money to win. Do that and you have the Republicans beat.

FORD
02-14-2017, 03:04 AM
The Democrats went even farther left after losing to Reagan and they kept losing. .

Complete and utter bullshit. The Koch-funded DLC infiltrated the Democratic party in the late 80's and that right wing cancer has been dragging the party down ever since. Barry Obama was just a better salesman - he campaigned as though he were an actual Democrat, but failed to deliver once he was actually in office. Sure the racist fucks like Bitch McTurtle blocked him in Congress, but his cabinet was all right wing Clinton/DLC retreads.

Real Democrats voted for better in 2016, but the malignant fucking right wing cancer stole the primary anyway. And then they got exactly what they deserved... thanks to pissing off their own base, and then having Kristopher K. Kobach's racist voter suppression database take just enough votes away in three "rust belt" states to throw the electoral votes to a cheeto faced fascist reality TV star.

The whole thing would make a great comedy movie.... if it wasn't the very real end of anything resembling American democracy.

Right wing dipshits didn't save this country in 1932, and they aren't going to save it now. Four years of Cheetofascism may not leave anything to save.

cadaverdog
02-14-2017, 05:52 AM
Real Democrats voted for better in 2016, but the malignant fucking right wing cancer stole the primary anyway..
I bought into that bullshit story until Nick set me straight. Hillary won the nomination By almost 1000 delegates. There were only 716 super delegates total. 570 1/2 of those went to Hillary.

The whole thing would make a great comedy movie.... if it wasn't the very real end of anything resembling American democracy.
You don't believe in Democracy anyway. You believe in extreme liberal Democracy. Democracy for extreme liberals only. You call President Trump a fascist but you're the one who believes in a one party system.

Nitro Express
02-14-2017, 11:28 AM
The Democrat Party is in bed with Wall Street. It does not believe in democracy and yes wants to be the only party that matters. They have most the media on their side. What's ironic is they keep calling people who don't agree with their views fascist. It's really become a joke. This isn't the Democrat Party of a few years back. No wonder the base has left it. No morals left in the Democrat Party of today. It's really degraded into being that Nazi collaborator George Soro's plaything. It's become a camp of useful idiots.

Kristy
02-14-2017, 11:33 AM

He's a fascist little prick. Like Trump.

Terry
02-14-2017, 09:02 PM
It needs to go with candidates who aren't so radical or corrupt. The country likes things about in the middle. If you go too far left you aren't going to win. The Democrats went even farther left after losing to Reagan and they kept losing. They are about to make the same mistake again. Well the problem with the DNC is the same problem the RNC has. They both are the parties of Wall Street. There isn't a people's party right now that can seriously win anything. I would run on helping the average person and integrity and use some of the campaign strategy that Trump used to win. You don't need the big money to win. Do that and you have the Republicans beat.

Hillary was about as much of a centrist as you can get. Certainly far more so than Donald Trump and what he represented. So, the explanation of "the country likes things about in the middle" is, while certainly a tidy, pithy, bumper sticker-length rationale (and, might I add, one I've thought from time to time as well), perhaps no longer as applicable in broad terms as it once was.

The problem, in my view, isn't that the Clintons hijacked and triangulated the party ideology into something more acceptable for a winning number of voters and in the process hollowed out the Democratic Party ideologically. The problem is that the Democratic Party slowly fractured over a period of decades. Plenty of Democrats were willing to go along with what the Clintons offered. Sadly, what the Clintons offered really didn't extend to much for the average Democratic voter. The Clinton victories of the 1990s weren't nearly as meaningful for anyone as they were for the Clintons. Bill Clinton's "economic boom" of the 1990s took place while incomes were still undergoing stratification and wages for the working class were stagnating.

It also must be said that when it comes to Hillary Clinton, the general sense among not a few Democratic voters this year is that she didn't have a strong set of ideals. Not liberal, centrist or even mildly conservative ideals, but a solid base of core values. Her rhetoric often didn't match her voting record in the Senate, and she only seemed willing to even talk about things like a higher minimum wage AFTER Sanders challenged her from her left and had plenty of his own primary voters and primary wins to tangibly illustrate that these things were of concern to Democratic voters.

In the end, all Hillary could offer was that she wasn't Trump.

I would also add that while I don't regret voting for Obama twice, because the alternative policy proposals his opponents offered were unacceptable to me, I'd agree with FORD in general terms that Obama was a bit of a disappointment in the end. I think he did a solid job managing the TARP plan which had been put into motion by his predecessor, but he underfunded the amount of the stimulus in my view. He is a smart, thoughtful guy, but when I look at where the party is now in terms of elective offices on the federal and state levels after 8 years...Obama was the de facto head of the Democratic Party for that time. The losses in 2010 and 2014 are having the effect of enabling the pendulum to swing way too far to the right. What happened to all those grass roots Obama donors the Obama Campaign cultivated in 2008? After the 2008 election, that base was left to rot, instead of being mobilized to produce winning results for Democrats in other races.

Nitro Express
02-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Well Trump and Bannon have plans to break the Teacher's Union and that will be the end of the Democrat Party. The Democrats know it too. That's why it's going to get nasty. It will be plenty of fun to watch. That being said, McCain, Graham, Ryan and even Priebus are against Trump. So it's a double whammy. Hell. Maybe both parties will go down. Ha! ha! The average American can't stand either of them. Michael Moore was right on one thing. Trump was hired to stick a stick of dynamite up every ass in Washington DC.

https://youtu.be/T7NWO_KW9U8

But Newt is right. Each side hates each other and it won't end until one side completely wins. All this political mumbo jumbo is nothing.

Nitro Express
02-15-2017, 01:26 AM
He's a fascist little prick. Like Trump.

Ha! ha! Fascist seems to be the latest trend word. Most people have no idea what it means.

Terry
02-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Well Trump and Bannon have plans to break the Teacher's Union and that will be the end of the Democrat Party. The Democrats know it too. That's why it's going to get nasty. It will be plenty of fun to watch. That being said, McCain, Graham, Ryan and even Priebus are against Trump. So it's a double whammy. Hell. Maybe both parties will go down. Ha! ha! The average American can't stand either of them. Michael Moore was right on one thing. Trump was hired to stick a stick of dynamite up every ass in Washington DC.

https://youtu.be/T7NWO_KW9U8

But Newt is right. Each side hates each other and it won't end until one side completely wins. All this political mumbo jumbo is nothing.

I think the best Trump and Bannon can hope to do is weaken the Teacher's Union.

Most public schools are funded largely through state and local taxes. The federal government allocates some money to be provided to public schools, but the mechanism for that is through Congress. The proportion of funding is much higher on the state/local end than the federal. It's not as if Trump/Bannon can break the Teacher's Union simply by threatening to withdraw federal education funding.

Trump and Bannon can certainly encourage particular states via their individual legislatures which lean heavily republican to pursue non-traditional means of education (more charter schools, home schooling, etc.) which would circumvent public schools (and thus, Teachers Unions).