PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Keynote Speaker and Alt-Reich Poster Boy Loves to Defend Pedophiles

FORD
02-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia, ACU board reportedly not consulted on CPAC invite
Chris Enloe

The American Conservative Union, which hosts the annual gathering of conservatives called “CPAC,” announced over the weekend that alt-Right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos would be this year’s keynote speaker.

Many criticized the move because Yiannopoulos is not seen as a traditional conservative — if a conservative at all. Instead, Yiannopoulos is seen as the figurehead of the alt-Right movement, a movement that prides itself in nationalism, which many accuse of racism and anti-Semitism.

Jonah Goldberg, a senior editor for the conservative magazine National Review who is seen as one of the conservative leaders in post-modern politics, said the move to include Yiannopoulos as the keynote speaker is “sad and disappointing.”

Still, ACU chairman Matt Schlapp defended the decision in comments to the Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story about Yiannopoulos.

“An epidemic of speech suppression has taken over college campuses,” Schlapp told the news outlet. “Milo has exposed their liberal thuggery and we think free speech includes hearing Milo’s important perspective.”

Then on Sunday morning, less than one day after the controversial announcement about the CPAC speaker lineup, video surfaced of Yiannopoulos allegedly defending pedophilia in the past.

“We get hung up on this sort of child abuse stuff,” Yiannopoulos is heard saying in a video, acknowledging that he has a controversial point of view, “to the point where we are heavily policing consensual adults.”

“In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship — those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can’t speak to their parents,” he added.

“It sounds like molestation to me,” an unnamed person tells Yiannopoulos in reply, likely an interviewer. “It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me.”

“But you know what? I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him,” Yiannopoulos replied, using a euphemism for male oral sex.

It doesn’t end there.

In an interview with comedian Joe Rogan in 2015, Yiannopoulos discussed his sexual relationship with “Father Michael,” which he allegedly had as a teenager at age 14.

During the interview, he even tried to normalize pedophilia.

“So you’re saying you’ve never seen a 15-year-old girl, at any point in your life, that you thought was hot?” Yiannopoulos asked.

“Yeah, when I was 15!” Rogan replied. “I’m not retarded dude.”

“No, when you were 25 or 30, you’ve never seen girls you thought were hot?” Yiannopoulos asked again.

“No, I thought they were little kids!” Rogan said.

Later, Rogan called “Father Michael” a “terrible person” for allegedly having a sexual relationship with Yiannopoulos when he was a young teenager, but Yiannopoulos tried to downplay it.

“It wasn’t molestation,” he alleged

“That’s absolutely molestation,” Rogan shot back.

Later in the interview, Yiannopoulos talked about a Hollywood party he went to years ago that had “very young boys” in attendance for sex.

Yiannopoulos has since responded to the allegations on Facebook Sunday afternoon denying them completely.

Yiannopoulos wrote:

There’s a video going around that purports to show me saying anti-semitic things (nope) and advocating for pedophilia (big nope). The shocking thing? It’s Republicans doing it. Sad to see establishment types collapse into the same tactics as social justice warriors: name calling, deceptively edited videos, confected moral outrage and public shaming. This is why they deserve to burn — and why they are burning. Here’s how I actually feel about pedophilia, which you’d know if you’d actually watched or read anything I’ve ever done. Or, you know, if you had two brain cells to rub together. There’s only one appropriate response to this sort of behavior, and it’s a gigantic FUCK YOU!

In addition, it appears that the ACU board was not consulted about Yiannopoulos being named a speaker at this years CPAC, let alone the keynote.

“The ACU board was not consulted on this, nor was there a board vote,” Ned Ryun wrote on Twitter Saturday, who sits on the ACU board.

Last year’s keynote speaker was conservative radio host Glenn Beck, who many criticized in 2016 for being an outspoken critic of then-candidate Donald Trump. Beck didn’t support Trump because he didn’t think Trump was conservative enough.

FORD
02-19-2017, 11:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJhHwspZGcg

twonabomber
02-20-2017, 12:32 AM
who?

FORD
02-20-2017, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcgLtfBBPSg

FORD
02-20-2017, 02:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ILpIuXAAAzkkm.jpg

Buh-bye, Princess Millie! Your 15 minutes are OVER!!:mad0248:

Kristy
02-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Watered-down apology

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Screen-Shot-2017-02-20-at-1.52.29-PM-560x800.jpg

Gawd, I'm too fucking high right now to read it.

Terry
02-20-2017, 04:44 PM
First off, why would conservatives organize a group called the American Conservative Union: aren't they supposed to be pro right-to-work and anti-unionizing?

I think I may have heard of Yiannopoulos in the wake of all the Breitbart clips over the past year and the connection of the organization to Stave Bannon, but even within that limited context his isn't a name that vividly stands out in my memory like Bannon's or Andrew Breitbart's does.

Looking at the clip, it's a little hard for me to tell if Yiannopoulos is being serious about his own sexual experiences or not, or if he is really saying some sort of NAMBLA approach to sexuality is something he actually advocates or not. That British understated sense of humor, I suppose. Even if it was all tongue-in-cheek on his part, it wasn't particularly funny. And I'd tend to doubt the ACU would want to be publicly associated with that kind of thing.

FORD
02-20-2017, 06:09 PM
Simon & Schuster just cancelled this whiny little Nazi bitch's book deal. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

FORD
02-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Now I'm hearing that even Breitfart is about to dump him.

Breitfart wouldn't even fire Steve Bannon, and he's one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever walk the earth (as was this shitty publication's founder, Andrew Breitfart - who drank himself to death at the age of 43 and looked at least 25 years older)

So when you're too much of a liability for Breitfart, that's really an accomplishment in complete douchebaggery. :biggrin:

Kristy
02-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Oooooooh, I'm sure Barnes & Noble are shaking in their corporate boots, slave FORD

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 06:47 PM
So Milo likes the Catholic Church because there is lots of cock to suck there and he got off to a start at a young age. Homos are the way they are because they love decadence. No shit Sherlock. Tell us something we already don't know. Milo and father Michael both will burn as stubble.

Kristy
02-20-2017, 06:52 PM
qikgts = NSA operative/spy. Bet you didn't know that.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 06:57 PM
This is the Alt-right movement, it's filled with fucking kooks that are used to operating in the shadows of the internet. But when they have to be responsible after articulating their actual thoughts and beliefs in the real world you see what a bunch of fuckoffs they are...

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Now I'm hearing that even Breitfart is about to dump him.

Breitfart wouldn't even fire Steve Bannon, and he's one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever walk the earth (as was this shitty publication's founder, Andrew Breitfart - who drank himself to death at the age of 43 and looked at least 25 years older)

So when you're too much of a liability for Breitfart, that's really an accomplishment in complete douchebaggery. :biggrin:

Breitbart made their money off the fag. Now he's spooked the horses and most likely they will let the cock sucker go. Milo get's off on fucking minds and did it well. We will see how he spins and see if he can stay up on the surfboard. Maybe he's burned all his bridges but in this fucked up world I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:04 PM
This is the Alt-right movement, it's filled with fucking kooks that are used to operating in the shadows of the internet. But when they have to be responsible after articulating their actual thoughts and beliefs in the real world you see what a bunch of fuckoffs they are...

There never was any alt-right movement. The first I heard of it was when a bunch of gays showed up to the Republican Convention because they felt the Democratic Party threw them under the bus. The number one reason stated is the Democrats were supporting Islam. So basically the alt right were a bunch of anti-Muslim gays and Milo had the loudest voice of them all. A movement wants to change something. These were just a bunch of gays who don't like Islam. Basically Democrats who jumped parties.

Kristy
02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
There never was any alt-right movement.

And the Holocaust didn't exist, either.

Hippie.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
There never was any alt-right movement. The first I heard of it was when a bunch of gays showed up to the Republican Convention because they felt the Democratic Party threw them under the bus. The number one reason stated is the Democrats were supporting Islam. So basically the alt right were a bunch of anti-Muslim gays and Milo had the loudest voice of them all. A movement wants to change something. These were just a bunch of gays who don't like Islam. Basically Democrats who jumped parties.

Do you sniff glue, Higgens? There certainly is an alt-right movement and it has more to do with closet internet nazis like Bannon than homos...

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Milo was the absurd triggering the absurd. So at the end of the day the normal people are saying enough of this political correctness and trying to destroy the first amendment and enough of this flaming pervert championing our first amendment rights. Pretty much goes to demonstrate the insanity some in our society have fallen into. What's even more insane is people take is serious.

Kristy
02-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Okay, with that nonsense you are now officially slave NITRO

Welcome to the club of fucktards.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Everyone has a right to free speech, that doesn't give them the right to a platform. Why doesn't cunt-pac let a homeless bag lady that has a gaggle of invisible elf friends speak? Doesn't she have freedom of speech?

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Do you sniff glue, Higgens? There certainly is an alt-right movement and it has more to do with closet internet nazis like Bannon than homos...

Are they getting financing from George Soros? I've seen Black Lives Matter and Antifa out on a movement and they don't seem too nice. I haven't seen any alt right trouble other than people being triggered by Milo. I think the alt right is a bogey man cooked up by the left. Brannon? Is he going to trigger a false flag and use Homeland Security to throw the left into FEMA camps or something? If anything the alt right are good at their game. They are practically invisible.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 07:29 PM
The truth is that I have barely heard of this tool, and I really haven't heard much of his apparent anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim schtick but it seems like it's just a shrill cliche of soundboards and circle jerks, and a lot of it reminds me of the Monty Python "Oncentration Amps" skit on the Brit National Front...

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Everyone has a right to free speech, that doesn't give them the right to a platform. Why doesn't cunt-pac let a homeless bag lady that has a gaggle of invisible elf friends speak? Doesn't she have freedom of speech?

An organization has the right to choose or decline who speaks on their platform. You have the right to build your own platform. The bone I have to pick with the left at the moment is they have become what the right used to be. You have the right to free speech as long as we agree with it. The left used to defend free speech more than the right did. So yeah I agree. Milo is morally warped but he was right on free speech being in danger and he flamboyantly made his point and I agree with that point he was making. As far as 14 year old kids sucking the priest's cock that's not ok and I agree with Joe Rogan. That is a form of pedophilia. I blame the media for a lot of the hysteria. People on each side thinks one side is going to be a tyranny. It used to be we just disagreed and now it's it's fear and even hate. I think we all need to chill.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Are they getting financing from George Soros? I've seen Black Lives Matter and Antifa out on a movement and they don't seem too nice. I haven't seen any alt right trouble other than people being triggered by Milo. I think the alt right is a bogey man cooked up by the left. Brannon? Is he going to trigger a false flag and use Homeland Security to throw the left into FEMA camps or something? If anything the alt right are good at their game. They are practically invisible.

Oh god, the soros crap again. Changing the subject? Who gives a fuck about BLM? C'mon babe, lay that Trilateral Commission shit on me again! The fucking Grays are watching us....

Nickdfresh
02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
An organization has the right to choose or decline who speaks on their platform. You have the right to build your own platform. The bone I have to pick with the left at the moment is they have become what the right used to be. You have the right to free speech as long as we agree with it. The left used to defend free speech more than the right did. So yeah I agree. Milo is morally warped but he was right on free speech being in danger and he flamboyantly made his point and I agree with that point he was making. As far as 14 year old kids sucking the priest's cock that's not ok and I agree with Joe Rogan. That is a form of pedophilia. I blame the media for a lot of the hysteria. People on each side thinks one side is going to be a tyranny. It used to be we just disagreed and now it's it's fear and even hate. I think we all need to chill.

I don't disagree with most of this and I can't speak much about Yannos or whatever the fuck his name is because I've never heard him speak. But we could just as easily make the same "freedom speech" shit about nazis and certainly have. Do we have to have a fucking echo chamber at these meetings?

And you can't say silly and absurd things like "there is no alt-right movement" without people questioning your basic comprehention...

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Well I'm going to throw on Women and Children First and have a few shots of Jack. Got to enjoy life. Milo was just a different kind of rock star. Ha! Ha! He did nothing more than what the Sex Pistols did. He agitated the establishment and they screaming like wieners on a BBQ. Have a little fire scarecrow! This is 21st century America!

FORD
02-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Why doesn't cunt-pac let a homeless bag lady that has a gaggle of invisible elf friends speak?

Actually, they have been known to do that too......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8gNIH6Z7v4

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:42 PM
I don't disagree with most of this and I can't speak much about Yannos or whatever the fuck his name is because I've never heard him speak. But we could just as easily make the same "freedom speech" shit about nazis and certainly have. Do we have to have a fucking echo chamber at these meetings?

Most people want a job, a beer, and a fuck. They don't care about all this. I mean let's say there is an alt right movement. What's it going to actually accomplish? Nothing. I live in a very right wing state and people just want to make a living. I'm hearing nothing about getting any kind of revenge on anyone. Americans are too fat and lazy to cause much trouble these days. Take the food and TV away for a few days and you might have some trouble. Ha! Ha!

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 07:44 PM

Hey it's the chick from the Love Toilet skit.

Kristy
02-20-2017, 07:55 PM
Nasally lobotomized twat Victoria "Tito" Jackson is the result of anti-psychotic medication, alcoholism, and childhood molestation.

It's like you no longer try anymore, slave FORD

FORD
02-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Hey it's the chick from the Love Toilet skit.

When she was on SNL she reminded me a lot of an ex girlfriend. Now she's 10 times more fucked in the head than the ex ever was - and that's quite an accomplishment!

Terry
02-20-2017, 08:32 PM

I quite enjoyed how Ms. Jackson blamed liberal Hollywood blacklisting for her failed career, the rails of which came off long ago, and had nothing to do with her politics (which weren't even widely known at the time).

I mean, fucks sake, she had 6 years on SNL and a half a dozen semi-decent supporting roles in movies movie from the late 1980s to the early 1990s. She never stood out on SNL because she had one stock character, which was the same one she played in all her movie roles: the dumb blonde. Her persona never took off because it was one-note and not particularly entertaining.

It wasn't until well after a decade from her career high point when she started making pointed far-right comments: she was firmly ensconced in the Where Are They Now? segment of celebrity by the time she began sharing her political views, so there was no "career" of any relative worth by then for Hollywood to blacklist. Simply put, she hasn't been a bankable entertainment commodity since 1992.

Terry
02-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Most people want a job, a beer, and a fuck. They don't care about all this. I mean let's say there is an alt right movement. What's it going to actually accomplish? Nothing. I live in a very right wing state and people just want to make a living. I'm hearing nothing about getting any kind of revenge on anyone. Americans are too fat and lazy to cause much trouble these days. Take the food and TV away for a few days and you might have some trouble. Ha! Ha!

I must say the country HAS become much fatter, lazier and dumber...interestingly enough coinciding with the general population median age getting older.

Truth be told, most people regardless of ideological bent really just DO want to have a job, pay their bills, get laid and not be bothered.

Never mind the food and the tv, take away hand held internet technology for a few HOURS and you would DEFINITELY have some trouble.

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Enjoy a long neck of Father's Michael's extra stout Pale Ale. It's Milo's favorite since he was a child.

twonabomber
02-20-2017, 08:44 PM
I quite enjoyed how Ms. Jackson blamed liberal Hollywood blacklisting for her failed career, the rails of which came off long ago, and had nothing to do with her politics (which weren't even widely known at the time).

I mean, fucks sake, she had 6 years on SNL and a half a dozen semi-decent supporting roles in movies movie from the late 1980s to the early 1990s. She never stood out on SNL because she had one stock character, which was the same one she played in all her movie roles: the dumb blonde. Her persona never took off because it was one-note and not particularly entertaining.

It wasn't until well after a decade from her career high point when she started making pointed far-right comments: she was firmly ensconced in the Where Are They Now? segment of celebrity by the time she began sharing her political views, so there was no "career" of any relative worth by then for Hollywood to blacklist. Simply put, she hasn't been a bankable entertainment commodity since 1992.

Kind of like Kristy. Limited skill set. A one trick pony.

Terry
02-20-2017, 08:45 PM

And you can't say silly and absurd things like "there is no alt-right movement" without people questioning your basic comprehention...

I think my problem is I still tend to define a movement as something more tangible in terms of actual physical membership and physical structures housing the membership than a loose, internet-based coalition of like-minded people.

Maybe I'm anachronistic in defining a movement as such, and I may be incorrect in stating that the "alt right" doesn't fit that definition in a meaningful way, but I think that was Nitro's point...although it may well not have been his point; I'm not trying to speak for him (nor would he want/need me to) or intentionally trying to misinfer what he said should he have meant something else.

Terry
02-20-2017, 08:48 PM

I always assumed she was a Lounge alias.

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 08:49 PM
I must say the country HAS become much fatter, lazier and dumber...interestingly enough coinciding with the general population median age getting older.

Truth be told, most people regardless of ideological bent really just DO want to have a job, pay their bills, get laid and not be bothered.

Never mind the food and the tv, take away hand held internet technology for a few HOURS and you would DEFINITELY have some trouble.

Hey if the average person has the decent basics of life they are happy. It's not about stuff it's about quality of life. People just got fatter when television rolled onto the scene and then with video games and more video content available and computers it's gotten worse. I get that. What I don't get is the obscene portions people eat. The portions have grown. A Coke used to be 7 ounces. A hamburger had a single patty. Popcorn at a movie was a little bag not a big two gallon tub. All I can say is it's killing us off. Darwin at work. Nature seems to take care of anything off balance. The fat slobs end up dying off and the thin people take over.

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 08:55 PM
I really don't like my smart phone. It's just a tool for me. I'm not addicted to it. I like to get away from technology for a vacation. Go hike up somewhere and just camp out. A fun day for me is being on the summit of the Grand Teton on a clear day where you actually can see the curve of the earth or to be cross country skiing out in the middle of nowhere on a clear moonless night. The sky looks like you are in outer space. I don't want that damn phone to ruin the mojo of it all.

Nitro Express
02-20-2017, 09:06 PM
I think my problem is I still tend to define a movement as something more tangible in terms of actual physical membership and physical structures housing the membership than a loose, internet-based coalition of like-minded people.

Maybe I'm anachronistic in defining a movement as such, and I may be incorrect in stating that the "alt right" doesn't fit that definition in a meaningful way, but I think that was Nitro's point...although it may well not have been his point; I'm not trying to speak for him (nor would he want/need me to) or intentionally trying to misinfer what he said should he have meant something else.

We live in the age of psychological warfare and media is a weapon these days. We all pretty much know what real journalism is. You stay neutral and you tell The Who, what, where, when, how, and why. Real journalists do their own research and that includes doing interviews and even going undercover. The talented journalists got their story and it was factually accurate. That hardly exists anymore. We have propaganda mills and Breitbart is one of them. Some of these outfits actually create a psyops. A fake narrative to steer the public a certain way or to divide them. I think it 's the media that has managed to divide the US more than anything. If we didn't watch the media and just lived our lives without anyone telling us how to think we probably would get along better. It's no longer Walter Cronkite going "That's the way it was." Now we have specialized dividing propagandists on one side or the other. Organizing a movement that really goes anywhere is not easy. You can buy some fake protestors and agitators if you have a lot of money but to get something really going that's effective is very hard to do.

Terry
02-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Hey if the average person has the decent basics of life they are happy. It's not about stuff it's about quality of life. People just got fatter when television rolled onto the scene and then with video games and more video content available and computers it's gotten worse. I get that. What I don't get is the obscene portions people eat. The portions have grown. A Coke used to be 7 ounces. A hamburger had a single patty. Popcorn at a movie was a little bag not a big two gallon tub. All I can say is it's killing us off. Darwin at work. Nature seems to take care of anything off balance. The fat slobs end up dying off and the thin people take over.

All those food comments are 100% spot-on.

For myself, I reached a point a few years back when I realized I can no longer eat many of the salt-laden, sugar-boosted, starch-filled things I enjoyed and avoid going down a road that would without a shadow of a doubt end up with some bleak health consequences.

I wasn't a land whale by any means, but was roughly 25 lbs overweight and climbing. There were no imminent health issues, but it didn't take a dietician to see where I was heading.

I know people who drink a 6-pack of Coke a day, and eat fast food several times a week, and stock their houses with heavily processed grocery items. Some of these people I've known for many years, and none of them are looking too great these days. And it's a problem that isn't going to correct itself the older one gets without making dietary changes.

It doesn't even necessarily mean going full vegan, or totally eliminating salt. It does, however, mean making some changes in eating and definitely means cutting down portion sizes.

I was at a Chili's about a month ago. Not a place I like going to, but I was outvoted. So we go there. After considerable time scanning the menu, I asked the waitress if I could have a plain piece of salmon without all the sauces and glazes on the menu and rice. She informed me it came with loaded mashed potato. I said I didn't want it, but would pay full price for the dish regardless. She said she would have to check with the manager. The manager comes over and informs me that the menu dish comes with the sauces and glazes on the salmon and the loaded mashed potato in addition to the rice. I ask him if the salmon is marinaded in anything before the sauces and glazes are added onto it. He says no, it's a plain piece of salmon they add the sauces and glazes onto after it is put on the grill. I say, fine, I'm willing to pay full price for the dish, and have saved you time and labor in the preparation as well as ingredients by way of the sauces, glazes and potato, so I'm unsure as to why there is a problem. He thinks about it for a moment, then nods his head. No voices were raised, and nobody was being sarcastic.

Then I look at the tables around me and see people at least 50 lbs overweight eating whole racks of ribs, massive cheeseburgers, buffalo chicken dipped in several ounces of blue cheese dressing and the like, washing this stuff down with tall glass after tall glass of soda. Fuck me, I don't want to end up like that. But from the looks of the waitress and the manager when I ordered, you would have thought I had farted or something: they literally were confused as to why someone wouldn't want all that deep fried processed shit that place serves and make an effort to eat as little of it as possible with (considering the menu options) the smartest choice available.

Kristy
02-20-2017, 09:18 PM

Slave SESH, the poor retard is being mean to me

Terry
02-20-2017, 09:47 PM
We live in the age of psychological warfare and media is a weapon these days. We all pretty much know what real journalism is. You stay neutral and you tell The Who, what, where, when, how, and why. Real journalists do their own research and that includes doing interviews and even going undercover. The talented journalists got their story and it was factually accurate. That hardly exists anymore. We have propaganda mills and Breitbart is one of them. Some of these outfits actually create a psyops. A fake narrative to steer the public a certain way or to divide them. I think it 's the media that has managed to divide the US more than anything. If we didn't watch the media and just lived our lives without anyone telling us how to think we probably would get along better. It's no longer Walter Cronkite going "That's the way it was." Now we have specialized dividing propagandists on one side or the other. Organizing a movement that really goes anywhere is not easy. You can buy some fake protestors and agitators if you have a lot of money but to get something really going that's effective is very hard to do.

Well, for me, the term "the media" is a bit broad. As when someone (not necessarily referring to you, here) makes sweeping generalizations about the media and is all-encompassing: there are so many outlets.

American cable news really isn't something I have a tremendous amount of use for anymore. I never really did, to be honest. Even the networks that would be more reflective of my own viewpoint than others...they all adhere to that conflict-oriented, personality-driven template that was perhaps understandably reflected with the two choices we ended up with for President last fall. Most of that cable news content was focused on (either real, created or inflated) character issues, and precious little on substance or policy. Character is important, to be sure. So is policy substance. In the end, our last election to me came off like the Class Bully fighting the Teacher's Pet in the schoolyard, with all the tv news reporters surrounding them on the playground and yelling things at them to keep the fight going.

There is still some good work being done in print media, specifically periodicals. Possibly because by nature of NOT being on 24/7 or having a daily deadline, these journals and publications have the advantage of being able to actually reflect on issues rather than the amoeba-like stimulus response of the cable shows. PBS Frontline still does some good stuff far as tv goes.

I don't mind ideologically-oriented news sources and am not hesitant to expose myself to them, even if I disagree. I can't learn anything I don't already know (and correct myself on things I think I already know which may not prove to be true) if I just put the blinders on and the earplugs in. However, I am reflexively wary of any outlet who claims to have cornered the market on "The Truth" and I too would know "The Truth" if only I opened my eyes and ears, and if I fail to do so I am clearly not credible by default. Alex Jones comes to mind when I think of this. So does Breitbart. That those two factions seemingly have sway in shaping our president's rationale is troublesome to me, mostly because one (Breitbart) has such a narrow worldview, and the other (Jones) is fucking nuts.

Terry
02-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Beyond all of that, it seems like as a nation more and more citizens are reaching the conclusion that "the mainstream media" are intentionally lying to them about "the facts" whenever a story is reported which reaches conclusions that don't "feel right" or conflict with what said citizens believe to be true.

It's all good and well to have beliefs, but I would think most agree those beliefs deserve to have a basis in provable factual information to be held so dear. Religion being the obvious exception to this. Maybe some are more comforted with "faith based" facts, or "alternative facts" as Kellyanne Conway recently put it. Initially, I thought she had meant to say "alternative interpretations" and had merely misspoke, but I suppose not since she never corrected what she said.

Like, people will see a news panel on CNN, and one of the guests will say something and back it up with statistics from a government study. More and more, what I'm hearing from those who disagree isn't merely that the government study could be wrong due to flaws in the scientific method by which the government study collected the data, rather that the government is intentionally, deliberately falsifying the data as part of a conspiracy against "The Truth"...yet, when you ask these people what the ACTUAL data is, they either a) have no answer or b) if they do have an answer are then unable to say how THEY came reach THEIR conclusion in terms of provable data. As in, "well, if the government is lying, how do you KNOW that?" "I just do, because the government ALWAYS lies." Well, where the fuck does one go from there, you know?

Nitro Express
02-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Well, for me, the term "the media" is a bit broad. As when someone (not necessarily referring to you, here) makes sweeping generalizations about the media and is all-encompassing: there are so many outlets.

American cable news really isn't something I have a tremendous amount of use for anymore. I never really did, to be honest. Even the networks that would be more reflective of my own viewpoint than others...they all adhere to that conflict-oriented, personality-driven template that was perhaps understandably reflected with the two choices we ended up with for President last fall. Most of that cable news content was focused on (either real, created or inflated) character issues, and precious little on substance or policy. Character is important, to be sure. So is policy substance. In the end, our last election to me came off like the Class Bully fighting the Teacher's Pet in the schoolyard, with all the tv news reporters surrounding them on the playground and yelling things at them to keep the fight going.

There is still some good work being done in print media, specifically periodicals. Possibly because by nature of NOT being on 24/7 or having a daily deadline, these journals and publications have the advantage of being able to actually reflect on issues rather than the amoeba-like stimulus response of the cable shows. PBS Frontline still does some good stuff far as tv goes.

I don't mind ideologically-oriented news sources and am not hesitant to expose myself to them, even if I disagree. I can't learn anything I don't already know (and correct myself on things I think I already know which may not prove to be true) if I just put the blinders on and the earplugs in. However, I am reflexively wary of any outlet who claims to have cornered the market on "The Truth" and I too would know "The Truth" if only I opened my eyes and ears, and if I fail to do so I am clearly not credible by default. Alex Jones comes to mind when I think of this. So does Breitbart. That those two factions seemingly have sway in shaping our president's rationale is troublesome to me, mostly because one (Breitbart) has such a narrow worldview, and the other (Jones) is fucking nuts.

Yeah media is a broad term but television shows, movies, and even sports have become politicized now. The NFL being a good example. If you can control the culture you control the politics. Who controls the media and the education controls politics in theory. We really should be a left leaning country and the big cities are. It's the people who live in the rural areas who aren't leaning that way. The country election map of the nation shows the situation. Oddly enough a billionaire from one of the most liberal cities in the country connected with rural America. A place he has spent no time in. Political junkies are having a hey day studying the dynamic. The left is still in shock Hillary lost because their data shows she should have mopped the floor with Trump. One thing that is apparent is there is a large percentage of the country who don't seem to be influenced by the mass media anymore. I think it's the law of diminishing returns. People want to watch a show or a sporting event to escape stuff like politics. You start politicizing stuff and you turn people off. I think that's part of it.

Nitro Express
02-21-2017, 12:30 AM
To be honest I haven't watched CNN since Rudi Bakhtiar was on it and the only reason I watched was to whack off to Rudi Bakhtiar.

Nitro Express
02-21-2017, 12:37 AM
It would be interesting if someone started a alternative media site called REAL NEWS and stayed politically neutral and just did real reporting. Would it be too boring? I talk to people who work in marketing and our society runs on sound bites. The attention spans are really short and to be honest there are people in here who can articulate what they believe in or a point they are making better than the average American can. The IQ on this website is actually higher than what's wandering around out there. Most people today can't articulate anything. That's why they vote for celebrities. Arnold won California with zero political experience because he was in movies. Trump won without any political experience because he's a celebrity. Obama was a do nothing senator who came from nowhere but they marketed him as a celebrity. It's about celebrity and I'm afraid you could have a very well qualified candidate for office with a impressive list of accomplishments and the citizens will choose the celebrity over substance. Sounds like ancient Rome going down with the bread and circuses and maybe we are there.

Nitro Express
02-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Beyond all of that, it seems like as a nation more and more citizens are reaching the conclusion that "the mainstream media" are intentionally lying to them about "the facts" whenever a story is reported which reaches conclusions that don't "feel right" or conflict with what said citizens believe to be true.

It's all good and well to have beliefs, but I would think most agree those beliefs deserve to have a basis in provable factual information to be held so dear. Religion being the obvious exception to this. Maybe some are more comforted with "faith based" facts, or "alternative facts" as Kellyanne Conway recently put it. Initially, I thought she had meant to say "alternative interpretations" and had merely misspoke, but I suppose not since she never corrected what she said.

Like, people will see a news panel on CNN, and one of the guests will say something and back it up with statistics from a government study. More and more, what I'm hearing from those who disagree isn't merely that the government study could be wrong due to flaws in the scientific method by which the government study collected the data, rather that the government is intentionally, deliberately falsifying the data as part of a conspiracy against "The Truth"...yet, when you ask these people what the ACTUAL data is, they either a) have no answer or b) if they do have an answer are then unable to say how THEY came reach THEIR conclusion in terms of provable data. As in, "well, if the government is lying, how do you KNOW that?" "I just do, because the government ALWAYS lies." Well, where the fuck does one go from there, you know?

My first job out of college was working for a research firm and statistics are all based on sampling. If your data collection is flawed everything else that is calculated from it is flawed. There are so many variables. Even having a male or a female asking survey questions can affect the data so if you are doing a survey you have to have years of experience on how to properly do one based on the sample. It gets very complicated and it's why I never just take statistical data as gospel. It's too easy to screw up. Another thing to consider is what you just analyzed and got the data on might have changed in relevancy and is no longer relevant to what you are doing. Even if you have good data you can misapply it. It boils down to experience at the end of the day. There are so many data monkey's that just get it wrong and Hillary's campaign team are a good example. They did everything scientifically and still failed.

FORD
02-21-2017, 12:52 AM
It would be interesting if someone started a alternative media site called REAL NEWS and stayed politically neutral and just did real reporting. Would it be too boring?

Already done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbneFvGKWQ

Terry
02-21-2017, 05:03 AM
To be honest I haven't watched CNN since Rudi Bakhtiar was on it and the only reason I watched was to whack off to Rudi Bakhtiar.

Fair enough.

FORD
02-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Even Breitfart had enough of Milo. They asked Cheeto to break the news to him....

https://i.imgflip.com/1k38sn.jpg

Kristy
02-21-2017, 06:32 PM
What? No report on his latest press conference slave FORD? You know, the one where he says to the media for his downfall "fuck you for that."

When Grumpy Trumpy drafts your lazy ass and put you in a border concentration labor camp to build his wall YOUR going to remember this moment