PDA

View Full Version : Alan Colmes, "liberal" voice on FAUX, dead at 66

FORD
02-23-2017, 11:05 AM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Alan Colmes, the radio and television host and commentator best known as the amiable liberal foil to the hard-right Sean Hannity on the Fox News Channel, has died.

Fox spokeswoman Dana Klinghoffer confirmed his death Thursday. Fox also aired a statement from his family saying that he died Thursday morning after "a brief illness." Colmes was 66 and is survived by his wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley.

Colmes was a New York City native who worked for years in radio and standup comedy before joining Fox in 1996. That same year he and the conservative Hannity began a 12-year run as co-hosts of the popular "Hannity & Colmes" program. Colmes also was an author, his books including "Thank the Liberals" and "Red, White & Liberal."

FORD
02-23-2017, 11:10 AM
I wasn't a regular listener to Alan's radio show, but the last time I heard him a few weeks back, his voice didn't sound right. I wondered if he was sick, but I just assumed it was a cold or something at that time. Apparently something more serious than that.

Well, I suppose putting up with Hannity for 12 years is punishment enough for anybody, so he's probably got a good shot at Heaven.

RIP Alan :(

Kristy
02-23-2017, 11:25 AM
I was on Twatter and heard the happy happy joy joy news.

Colmes was a Fox stooge. He was paid to be a "voice of dissent" when really he was just another media provocateur asshole. His whole pseudo-left propaganda agenda was just a rouse for ratings. Colmes was the Norah Jones of news - in that yeah, it's kind of real but most likely not. Fuck him. One less human to be fucking up the environment as far as I care.

FORD
02-23-2017, 11:38 AM
On his radio show, he actually stood up to right wing dumbassery.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2P_qvO2_g

sadly, he only did that on TV when he was up against Ann the Man, but never Hannity.

Kristy
02-23-2017, 11:56 AM
He was being paid by the right to do that, slave FORD

~GEEEEEESH~!