07-07-2004, 01:05 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39317

Assassin of Sharon ready to strike
Security minister: Extremist Jews planning 'to kill the prime minister'

Posted: July 7, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The next assassin of an Israeli prime minister is ready and looking for the opportunity to strike, according to Israel's General Security Services.

"There are people who have already taken the decision that, come the day they are going to 'save Israel', that they are going to kill the prime minister. … I have no doubt that they are out there," Internal Security Minister Tzahi Hanegbi told Israel TV last night.

Sharon told a group of ministers yesterday he is disturbed by threats to his life that he has received from Jewish extremists, and said inflammatory comments by right-wing rabbis and leaders cannot be tolerated.

Last week, Avigdor Nebenzahl, prominent rabbi of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem's Old City, declared that anyone giving away a part of the land of Israel is a "rodef" – someone whom it is permissible or required by Jewish law to kill before he kills.

Similar rabbinic proclamations were heard following the signing of the Oslo Accords, which some say may have been a motivating factor for Yigal Amir, the man who assassinated Prime Minister Yizhak Rabin.

"It pains me that someone who has devoted his entire life to protecting Jews now must be defended from Jews," said Sharon, referring to himself.

Asked by a minister if he wears a bulletproof vest, Sharon joked that none are made in his size.

Sharon said he is determined to see his unilateral withdrawal plan through in its entirety despite threats from settler groups.

A small group of leaders held a series of meetings over the past few weeks to discuss plans to disrupt the withdrawal in 2005, including some actions that could start as early as this month.

The plans include causing traffic jams in protest, agreement to stop paying taxes, cutting down fences the IDF puts up to keep settlers out, and disobeying orders from the Israeli authorities.

Settler leaders warned the planned revolt could easily turn violent.

FORD
07-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Anyone who is so extreme that they think a racist murdering terrorist barbarian like Sharon is too "liberal" for them - that person needs to be locked in a padded cell for life.

I certainly think the world would be a better place without Sharon, but what would they replace him with? Nah, it's better that the Likud fascists are voted out entirely.

lucky wilbury
07-07-2004, 02:46 AM
how did i know you would like this article?

secrets
07-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Anyone who is so extreme that they think a racist murdering terrorist barbarian like Sharon is too "liberal" for them - that person needs to be locked in a padded cell for life.

I certainly think the world would be a better place without Sharon, but what would they replace him with? Nah, it's better that the Likud fascists are voted out entirely.

I'm no fan of Sharon, but "racist murdering terrorist barbarian", give me a break. I've heard the same thing said about Bush and Blair. Nether of whom I like but let's get things into perspective here. Sounds like you've been brain washed by the left wing Arab appeasing media.

BTW if you think there will be peace if the Likud party are voted out you are kidding yourself, this situation is well out of control.

Maybe the world would be better off without Sharon, but we'd be even better off still without the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism.

Lqskdiver
07-10-2004, 12:18 PM
So it's ok to assasinate Sharon, but condemnination comes from everyone when they hold their exercise in "authority removal".

Face it Dave, you should just change your name to "Al Alchmed" and be done with it.

FORD
07-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Keep living in your illusions, Busheep.

Hamas was a creation of Mossad just as Al Qaeda was a creation of CIA/BCE.

When you control the so called "enemy" you can make them do whatever you want.

The Likud made sure that peace never came to the Middle East by murdering the man who came the closest to delivering it for Israel, Yitzhak Rabin. Through the efforts of PRESIDENT CLINTON, Rabin and Arafat were at the table and very close to an agreement. Obviously, a peaceful existence for the Jewish people is NOT Likud's objective, or they would have been behind Rabin's efforts. Instead, Netanyahu and especially Sharon have done all they can to inflame the Palestinians and provoke them to violence.

Neocons are fascist traitors, no matter what country you find them in.

ELVIS
07-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Rabin and Arafat were NEVER close to an agreement...

Clinton knows that.. and you know that...

FORD
07-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Rabin and Arafat were NEVER close to an agreement...

Clinton knows that.. and you know that... http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/2/24/Rabin_at_peace_talks.jpg
The negotiations were undertaken in total secrecy in and around Oslo, with breakthrough meetings taking place in the home of Minister Holst, and was signed on August 20, 1993. There was a subsequent public ceremony in Washington D.C. on September 13, 1993 with Yasser Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin.
Guess I just imagined this then :rolleyes:

secrets
07-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Keep living in your illusions, Busheep.

Hamas was a creation of Mossad just as Al Qaeda was a creation of CIA/BCE.

When you control the so called "enemy" you can make them do whatever you want.

The Likud made sure that peace never came to the Middle East by murdering the man who came the closest to delivering it for Israel, Yitzhak Rabin. Through the efforts of PRESIDENT CLINTON, Rabin and Arafat were at the table and very close to an agreement. Obviously, a peaceful existence for the Jewish people is NOT Likud's objective, or they would have been behind Rabin's efforts. Instead, Netanyahu and especially Sharon have done all they can to inflame the Palestinians and provoke them to violence.

Neocons are fascist traitors, no matter what country you find them in.

A few facts for you:

The Likud did not kill Rabin. He was killed by Yigal Amir a religious extremist.

Rabin and Arafat signed the Oslo peace agreement, but it did not detail exactly how peace would be achieved between the two sides. There were no final details about the final status of Jerusalem.

Rabin wanted to achieve peace no doubt. Whether he would have done so is impossible to say.

A peaceful existence is certainly Likud's objective for Israel's citizens their slogan before they were elected was "Peace with Security" I believe.

You have a rather naive view of the situation in Palestine / Israel.
You seem to think there would be peace if only the left wing Labour party were in power. If only that were true. When they were in power Barak offered the Palestinians a very generous deal in giving up large areas of Land so that they could establish their own state. They rejected this out right and continued in their path of suicide bomings. It was Barak who said "We have no partner for Peace".

Where is the criticism of Arafat, the Egyptian born leader of the PLO? This is not a totally one sided situation as many seem to think.

FORD
07-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by secrets
A few facts for you:

The Likud did not kill Rabin. He was killed by Yigal Amir a religious extremist.

Right. And Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK :rolleyes:

Rabin and Arafat signed the Oslo peace agreement, but it did not detail exactly how peace would be achieved between the two sides. There were no final details about the final status of Jerusalem.

Rabin had the unfortunate problem of being DEAD, which prevented future negotiations. And Netanyahu wasn't interested in peace.

Rabin wanted to achieve peace no doubt. Whether he would have done so is impossible to say.

I believe the fact that he came so close was percieved as a threat by those who do not want peace.

A peaceful existence is certainly Likud's objective for Israel's citizens their slogan before they were elected was "Peace with Security" I believe.

And PNAC claims what they did in Iraq was "exporting democracy" But then, the Soviet Union claimed to "liberate" every country they invaded as well. Compare the actions of Ariel Sharon to their claims of wanting peace. The man has been a butcher and a terrorist for decades.

You have a rather naive view of the situation in Palestine / Israel.
You seem to think there would be peace if only the left wing Labour party were in power. If only that were true. When they were in power Barak offered the Palestinians a very generous deal in giving up large areas of Land so that they could establish their own state. They rejected this out right and continued in their path of suicide bomings. It was Barak who said "We have no partner for Peace".

The "suicide bombers" are subjects of MK Ultra mind control. Rabin's assassin Amir likely was as well. (Just as Sirhan Sirhan was - though he wasn't the actual shooter in the RFK murder). Mark my words, the Bush Criminal Empire will begin deploying "suicide bombers" here eventually. The test case for this was done last year, when some poor sap pizza delivery guy (http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0309/01/lol.13.html) was strapped with a bomb and forced to rob a bank. The guy managed to break his programming long enough to tell the cops he wasn't acting on his own free will, but the bomb was detonated anyway, most likely from a remote detonator. Which is probably true of all the similar incidents in Israel.

Where is the criticism of Arafat, the Egyptian born leader of the PLO? This is not a totally one sided situation as many seem to think.

Never said it was a one sided situation, nor did I say Arafat was a saint. When Israel once again has a resonable government in place, hopefully the Palestinians can respond with new leadership as well, and this ridiculous sitiuation can finally make some progress. Though there's little chance of the US helping a peace process as long as the PNAC warmongers remain in the White House :(

Rikk
07-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Never said it was a one sided situation, nor did I say Arafat was a saint. When Israel once again has a resonable government in place, hopefully the Palestinians can respond with new leadership as well, and this ridiculous sitiuation can finally make some progress. Though there's little chance of the US helping a peace process as long as the PNAC warmongers remain in the White House :(

I've gotta agree with Ford. For Christ's sake, it was proven that Sharon had used chemical weapons on small towns twenty years ago. If that's not a murdering terrorist, I don't know what is.

Whether or not Rabin was sincere, and whether or not there truly was an agreement about to be signed, you certainly can't deny that history has a lovely way of repeating itself. Notice how the very minute Rabin is removed, the far-right again take over and Palestinian "occupation" is hastened. (Just like Johnson suddenly getting into office and then playing ball with the CIA and hastening the war effort.) Seems to me like his removal worked well for more conservative Israelis. The way things are now, I can't imagine real peace ever being achieved. And that's very sad.

secrets
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Whether or not Rabin was sincere, and whether or not there truly was an agreement about to be signed, you certainly can't deny that history has a lovely way of repeating itself. Notice how the very minute Rabin is removed, the far-right again take over and Palestinian "occupation" is hastened. (Just like Johnson suddenly getting into office and then playing ball with the CIA and hastening the war effort.) Seems to me like his removal worked well for more conservative Israelis. The way things are now, I can't imagine real peace ever being achieved. And that's very sad.

You're right it is sad.
I believe Rabin was sincere, but I doubt he would have achieved peace anyway. Why? In simple terms the Oslo Peace accords were not thought through well and were doomed to fail. The Palestinians legitimate desire for statehood is unfortunately ruined by an even greater desire by the terrorist factions among them to destroy the state of Israel. This is a fact. What were the PLO's original intention? To kill Israelis and to uproot them from their country. To rename that country Palestine. To impose an Islamic state in its place. How have things changed? Well the Palestinian Authority (formely PLO) now accept Israel's right to exist, which is a start. But what Arafat says to the Western press is not what he says in Arabic. He may condem suicide bomings publicly but privately he approves of it. How can/could such a regime ever achieve peace. Essentially, Arafat cannot stop the rise of terrorist groups like Hamas, they are far too popular with his people. He fears a civil war or a threat to his life if he tries to stop them.

Sharon and Arafat together are a recipe for disaster.

Rikk
07-10-2004, 03:39 PM
You're right it is sad.
I believe Rabin was sincere, but I doubt he would have achieved peace anyway. Why? In simple terms the Oslo Peace accords were not thought through well and were doomed to fail. The Palestinians legitimate desire for statehood is unfortunately ruined by an even greater desire by the terrorist factions among them to destroy the state of Israel. This is a fact. What were the PLO's original intention? To kill Israelis and to uproot them from their country. To rename that country Palestine. To impose an Islamic state in its place. How have things changed? Well the Palestinian Authority (formely PLO) now accept Israel's right to exist, which is a start. But what Arafat says to the Western press is not what he says in Arabic. He may condem suicide bomings publicly but privately he approves of it. How can/could such a regime ever achieve peace. Essentially, Arafat cannot stop the rise of terrorist groups like Hamas, they are far too popular with his people. He fears a civil war or a threat to his life if he tries to stop them.

Sharon and Arafat together are a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, but what gets me here is the fact that people act as if Arafat could do something. Even more, I don't blame Hamas or anyone else for the bombings any more than I blame Sharon and the Israeli army. If you shoot children in the street, pull sons out of their homes at dinner time and bash his head in until his brain is lying on the concrete and all in front of his parents (I've seen the film of this particular incident), and bulldoze entire neighborhoods because people of are a certain ethnic group...if you declare on television (and I've seen Israeli officials on American T.V. actually declaring this) that you just want all the Palestinians to get on a bus into the desert (which is usually pre-genocide talk), then you're going to get people angry and you're going to provoke extreme action. Said action is still wrong, but what pisses me off the most is how almost every reported incident in American media of Palestinian murder at Israeli hands (when they actually report it, which is rare) is usually then followed up with the statement "in response to terrorist action"...gimme a break. A bus bomb that occurred two weeks ago does not justify shooting a missile into a crowd of people protesting a town being removed!

Where have people's morales gone? Don't people question things anymore?

secrets
07-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, but what gets me here is the fact that people act as if Arafat could do something. Even more, I don't blame Hamas or anyone else for the bombings any more than I blame Sharon and the Israeli army. If you shoot children in the street, pull sons out of their homes at dinner time and bash his head in until his brain is lying on the concrete and all in front of his parents (I've seen the film of this particular incident), and bulldoze entire neighborhoods because people of are a certain ethnic group...if you declare on television (and I've seen Israeli officials on American T.V. actually declaring this) that you just want all the Palestinians to get on a bus into the desert (which is usually pre-genocide talk), then you're going to get people angry and you're going to provoke extreme action. Said action is still wrong, but what pisses me off the most is how almost every reported incident in American media of Palestinian murder at Israeli hands (when they actually report it, which is rare) is usually then followed up with the statement "in response to terrorist action"...gimme a break. A bus bomb that occurred two weeks ago does not justify shooting a missile into a crowd of people protesting a town being removed!

Where have people's morales gone? Don't people question things anymore?

Interesting points. I think it's futile either side constantly trying to take the moral high ground when constantly the results of both sides actions is the death and maming of civilians.

Having said that, how exactly do you respond to a bus bombing? Do you ignore it and pretend it will go away? Do you try and reason with the terrorist groups? In other words what do you do to prevent another one happening?

Well you can't ignore it and it won't go away. You can't reason with people who believe that by killing Israelis they will go to heaven and become a holy martyr. So what do you do?

You fight back. You have no choice. That's war. It's ugly and unfortunately in war innocents are victims. This is the case for Palestinians and Israelis, men, women and children.

Rikk
07-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Interesting points. I think it's futile either side constantly trying to take the moral high ground when constantly the results of both sides actions is the death and maming of civilians.

Having said that, how exactly do you respond to a bus bombing? Do you ignore it and pretend it will go away? Do you try and reason with the terrorist groups? In other words what do you do to prevent another one happening?

Well you can't ignore it and it won't go away. You can't reason with people who believe that by killing Israelis they will go to heaven and become a holy martyr. So what do you do?

You fight back. You have no choice. That's war. It's ugly and unfortunately in war innocents are victims. This is the case for Palestinians and Israelis, men, women and children.

Yeah, but you don't fight back by tearing down homes of innocent civilians and clearing neighborhoods for occupation. And you don't respond by shooting a helicopter missile into a peaceful crowd holding signs (that incident occurred two months ago and was virtually ignored by the major media outlets...it's straight out of the RUNNING MAN, for Christ's sakes). Stopping terrorist acts means two things:

1) kill the terrorists
2) look at the reasons for all the unrest

They're not concentrating on either. They're simply using each terrorist act as an excuse to take away more Palestinian civilian rights and then inflicting more violence, further provoking disgusting terrorist action. It's basically the same thing as Bush's reaction to 9-11. He never went to the root of any problem...he just saw it as a license to settle a lot of old scores and make a lot of money.

secrets
07-11-2004, 04:41 AM
Yeah, but you don't fight back by tearing down homes of innocent civilians and clearing neighborhoods for occupation. And you don't respond by shooting a helicopter missile into a peaceful crowd holding signs (that incident occurred two months ago and was virtually ignored by the major media outlets...it's straight out of the RUNNING MAN, for Christ's sakes). Stopping terrorist acts means two things:

1) kill the terrorists
2) look at the reasons for all the unrest

They're not concentrating on either. They're simply using each terrorist act as an excuse to take away more Palestinian civilian rights and then inflicting more violence, further provoking disgusting terrorist action. It's basically the same thing as Bush's reaction to 9-11. He never went to the root of any problem...he just saw it as a license to settle a lot of old scores and make a lot of money.

I don't believe this is totally true though the media would have you believe otherwise. The use of excessive violence is never acceptable and Sharon's government has definately been guilty of this. The aim should be to kill terrorists as you say. But as those terrorists hide behind civilians it makes this quite difficult.

Any criticism from the US at this stage seems hypocritical as their war on terrorism is as the Israelis argue the same one they're fighting.
Any solutions? I don't have any.

Rikk
07-12-2004, 01:56 AM
No solutions...but this endless expansion of occupation that's been rising up off and on over the years makes it worse. Make no mistake...the terrorists are disgusting. And there are some real bastards that are killing people simply because they hate Jews. And there's no justifying such behavior...at any level. At the same time, if you push a people to be oppressed, you'll encourage hatred. You'll encourage less civilized thinking. And if you remind them every day that they're inferior, they'll start to believe it or believe they can only keep their identity by hating you back and killing you for it.

The Israelis are the ones with the Army. Suicide-bombings are unforgivable. But wiping out entire towns, shooting children (there isn't a week that goes by where I don't hear about murdered Palestinian children...and this by soldiers, not terrorists)...this kind of behavior breeds violence.

Yes, the solution is in both courts. But I believe the group with more power is more liable because they can end this more easily. There will always be Arab extremists, but there are just as many Arab-hating Israelis.