PDA

View Full Version : Sulu for Congress 2018!

FORD
04-01-2017, 02:37 AM
dailykos.com
George Takei announces he's running for Congress against Devin Nunes!
By Jen Hayden

Oh, my!

Yes! Rep. Devin Nunes, disgraced head of the House Intelligence Committee and member of the Trump transition team, is about to get a hugely popular challenger. George Takei, the activist and iconic Star Trek actor, says he’s in for 2018 and running for California’s 22nd congressional district!

George confirmed the news via Twitter and a call with The Daily Buzz:

Takei told us over the phone:

Well, I guess the jig is up.

With what is going on now in the country, I couldn’t stand by any longer merely as a citizen. I knew I had to take a bigger stand. So that’s why I’m running for Congress. My hope is to challenge Davin Nunes for his seat in 2018.

Why? Because Nunes is the worst. That’s why.

I think Nunes is vulnerable. And I plan to prove that. People are tired of his ass-kissing of Trump. Can I say that? I think I can. These days you can say pretty much anything and not get in trouble.

I want to be a champion for all people, but especially those whose voices are not heard often in the halls of Congress. We need to build a majority again in Congress, too, to be a check against the Trump Administration’s excesses, assuming he’s even around by then to keep making horrific mistakes.

Yes! Let’s beam him up and replace Nunes in 2018!

Kristy
04-01-2017, 09:03 PM
April Fools Hoax you god damn hippie.

I swear, you're such a slave.

FORD
04-01-2017, 09:13 PM
In my defense, it was still March when I posted it. And I was high :littlebong:

Kristy
04-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Bull-the-fucking-shit

Just admit you are a slave and self ban for 20 years.

FORD
04-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Sulu is a Starship Captain. That alone gives him more government experience than Cheeto. Why shouldn't he run for office?