Kristy
04-11-2017, 05:43 PM
More and more Jew Media brought to you by slave FORD

You know who else is Jew media?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2341/2156084488_4d4ec8b2bf_b.jpg
Lindsay Beyerstein, that's who.

FORD
04-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Why would the "Jew media" deny the Holocaust?

During Passover week, no less.

FORD
04-11-2017, 05:55 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2341/2156084488_4d4ec8b2bf_b.jpg

She's also a Cascadian (from the BC part) and was a member of the NDP when she still lived on that side of the border, so she can't be too bad.

Kristy
04-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Well, she's better than Sam "Jew News" Seder
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8Pta1BV0AAkbbq.jpg

Seshmeister
04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
How did Spicer get that job?

Churchill liked chemical weapons, the US is the only country to ever use nuclear weapons in warfare. Can you imagine playing this fucking bozo at chess he can't even think 1 move ahead...

Maybe he's like the inauguration music choices and every other fucking press secretary in the US turned the job down...

FORD
04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
vox.com (http://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/11/15262100/sean-spicer-assad-hitler-holocaust-gas)
Sean Spicer made not one but several gaffes about the Holocaust today
Zack Beauchamp
Apr 11, 2017, 6:40pm EDT

In Tuesday’s briefing, press secretary Sean Spicer said something astounding — that Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad compared unfavorably, at least in one respect, to Adolf Hitler.

"Hitler didn't even sink to the level of using chemical weapons,” Spicer said.

You’re probably spotting at least one obvious problem here: The Nazis used poison gas as one of the principal means of exterminating the Jewish people. At one point, 6,000 Jews were gassed to death every day in Auschwitz alone, according to the US Holocaust Museum.

Surely, Sean Spicer knows this. He has to know this. Yet when a reporter asked Spicer to clarify his comments later in the briefing, he just dug himself a deeper hole:

I think when you come to sarin gas, there was no … he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing. There was not … he brought them into the Holocaust centers, I understand that. But what I’m saying is the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns, dropped them, the use of it — I appreciate the clarification, [denying that Hitler used gas] was not the intent.

So, according to Spicer, Hitler only gassed people in “Holocaust centers” — not a term used by anyone in the history of ever — but didn’t “drop” the gas on “his own people” in towns.

This is mostly false. Prior to the construction of gas chambers, SS soldiers would drive around so-called “gas vans” — vehicles with hermetically sealed compartments that could be flooded with poison gas — and used them to execute Jews in, yes, their towns.

So Spicer released a second clarification in a statement to press, saying that he was just trying to say that Hitler never airdropped chemical weapons on his victims:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9Jy9saXYAEN4SF.jpg

This is, finally, true. But the error pales in comparison to the main issue, which is that Spicer said that Assad compared unfavorably to Hitler.

The thrust of his initial point was that Assad crossed some kind of moral line that Hitler did not. Saying that Hitler “didn’t sink to the level” of Assad is a form of whitewashing Hitler’s crimes against the Jews. Spicer’s second statement tries to sort of walk this back — but without admitting any error, which makes the whole thing seem shallow at best.

And he said this on the first day of Passover, one of the most important Jewish holidays that happens to celebrate Jews’ freedom from oppression.

Eventually, several hours later, Spicer appeared on CNN and apologized:

"I mistakenly used an inappropriate and insensitive reference to the Holocaust, there is no comparison"

This is not the first time that the White House has engaged in a kind of petty Holocaust denial — not a sentence I ever thought I’d type. On Holocaust Remembrance Day in January, the White House issued a statement that did not mention Jews once. When Spicer was asked about this omission, he slammed the media for engaging in “pathetic,” “ridiculous … nitpicking.”

Nor is it the first time that Spicer has screwed up massively when talking about Syria this week. In yesterday’s briefing, he invented a new Trump policy on Syria whole cloth, one that would require a prolonged US war against Assad — forcing the White House to walk it back (twice). Earlier in the week, he claimed that Trump’s cruise missiles had taken out 20 percent of Syria’s entire air force, when it had actually taken out 20 percent of one wing (something like 12 planes out of a total of several hundred).

Indeed, even while making his apology on CNN, he managed to make yet another gaffe, stating that he didn’t want to draw attention away from Trump’s attempts to “destabilize” the Middle East.

Yes, he seriously said that.

All of this begs the question: If the press secretary can’t talk about what’s currently the biggest policy issue in the news without making massive errors and saying deeply offensive stuff about the Holocaust, how good of a press secretary is he?

Terry
04-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Churchill liked chemical weapons, the US is the only country to ever use nuclear weapons in warfare. Can you imagine playing this fucking bozo at chess he can't even think 1 move ahead...

Maybe he's like the inauguration music choices and every other fucking press secretary in the US turned the job down...

Spicer did have a fairly lengthy period of activity working within the Republican Party in various official capacities prior to hooking up with Trump. He was brought into the RNC right around the time Priebus became the head of it, in a capacity where he worked basically directly under Priebus. A little less like Conway in that Spicer didn't come up initially through working in various conservative polling firms or as a political consultant or media mouthpiece. Spicer came up by doing a variety of jobs with various GOP congressional bureaucratic bodies. Spicer did do some work on political campaigns prior to that in the 1990s, but not with any candidates who ended up being memorable or consequential, as opposed to Conway who worked for Jack Kemp, Newt Gingrich, Fred Thompson, Dan Quayle, Ted Cruz and Mike Pence prior to Trump.

I think Trump's first choice for press secretary dropped out of the slot not too long before the nomination. I assume Priebus tapped Spicer for the slot based on their having worked together previously.

But, yeah, clearly Trump has had difficulties getting sort of marquee name political figures to work for him, even after he won the election. I mean, I'm sure Gingrich, Giuliani, Christie and Romney would all have signed on during the transition period if asked. Outside of Romney, I'm sure the other three would have had even rougher rides for Cabinet appointments than Trump's eventual choices did. Even beyond that, those types of picks are far too representative of the "swamp" Trump claimed he wanted to drain (in addition to none of them having any non-traditional or transformative ideas...with the exception of Gingrich, who has a fully-loaded arsenal of looney tunes ideas he would like implement).

Nobody with the portfolio of, say, a Colin Powell circa 2000 (credibility & high national approval ratings which provided a level of trust and confidence in his judgement) is going to sign on with Trump, because the mere act of signing on with Trump would immediately tarnish whatever goodwill such a person had already built up for themselves. In that respect (as in virtually all others) Trump is - deservedly so - totally radioactive. And it really is a shame, because Trump needs help from credible, non-extremist, non-family, non-campaign associates who have had previous, significant government experience in order to assist the President in creating a functioning, capable government that keeps various bureaucracies moving smoothly, vets staff appointees, sets realistic policy goals and establishes working relationships with Congress and the various departments. Otherwise, you get the inexperienced, fumbling, amateurish, chaotic type of Executive Branch that has been all to evident. Clearly, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway and Reince Priebus aren't up to the job and it doesn't look like they're growing into their roles. The Flynn appointment, the botched Healthcare legislation, the bizarre calls from Trump to others heads of state around the world, the snafu with Jeff Sessions having to recuse himself from a legal matter shortly after he was confirmed: all of that was easily avoidable.

I guess in the end all of it tracks back to one person, and much like that person (his boss), Spicer from day one of his rollout in his current job went out and said a bunch of easily refuted lies, and has gone on to make many more ignorant and (in the case of the Hitler reference) careless/thoughtless statements ever since. Spicer is a total reflection of the President he serves, so at least there's an honesty there. A highly risible person that is thankfully just as highly visible: the deceit and bloviating incompetence are fully out front and center for all to see. Unlike other Republicans such as Ryan or McConnell, who are willing to work with Trump as long as it is advantageous for them politically but are by no means (in their minds, anyway) "all in" with The Donald (and thus think they can somehow separate from Trump should he implode down the line), Spicer IS "all in" with Trump. Just like Conway, Priebus, Bannon, Miller, Sessions, Carson, Davos, Perry, Tillerson, Haley, Chao and all the rest.

If Trump flops and is removed from office, you can count on all of them - like cockroaches when the light is turned on - trying to scurry away from the fallout. The difference is that Spicer, Conway and Priebus all were on record castigating Trump prior to signing on with him (Carson, Perry and Haley being little more than opportunistic hacks and hams): those three supposedly KNEW at one point that Trump should never have been put where he is today.

They all swallowed the Kool Aid and signed on with him anyway. I'm sure it will all work out "bigly yuge" for them. Just ask Chris Christie. Or Michael Flynn. Trump has never displayed an ounce of loyalty to anybody long-haul that wasn't a family member, and even in that regard his track record isn't so great. Just ask Ivana. Or Marla. Trump won't think twice about throwing any (ANY) of the people I mentioned in this response overboard to save himself.

Kristy
04-12-2017, 12:01 AM

Moreover, how did you become a mod of a fake news website?

Seshmeister
04-12-2017, 04:22 AM
Do you use that avatar because you are dull, cheap and flat packed? :)

Nickdfresh
04-12-2017, 07:30 AM
vox.com (http://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/11/15262100/sean-spicer-assad-hitler-holocaust-gas)
Sean Spicer made not one but several gaffes about the Holocaust today
Zack Beauchamp
Apr 11, 2017, 6:40pm EDT Surely, Sean Spicer knows this. He has to know this. Yet when a reporter asked Spicer to clarify his comments later in the briefing, he just dug himself a deeper hole:

I think when you come to sarin gas, there was no … he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing. There was not … he brought them into the Holocaust centers, I understand that. But what I’m saying is the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns, dropped them, the use of it — I appreciate the clarification, [denying that Hitler used gas] was not the intent.

Spicer is incredibly inarticulate to the point of looking like a complete fucktard every-time he's on the podium and this is just an unfathomable blunder. It's technically true Hitler never used chems although both sides had stockpiles available (a US Navy ship carrying chemical weapons was hit off Salerno by the Luftwaffe and caused mass casualties and confusion because no one wanted to admit it). But how anyone educated and in his position could forget about zyclon B is just a fucking retard...

I think below is a bit of overreach and the author is a bit of an idiot as well...

"I mistakenly used an inappropriate and insensitive reference to the Holocaust, there is no comparison"

This is not the first time that the White House has engaged in a kind of petty Holocaust denial — not a sentence I ever thought I’d type. On Holocaust Remembrance Day in January, the White House issued a statement that did not mention Jews once. When Spicer was asked about this omission, he slammed the media for engaging in “pathetic,” “ridiculous … nitpicking.”

Stupidity and ignorance do not equal "Holocaust Denial" and Zack is cheapening the term here giving extremist right wing shitheads more grist for their stormtrooper mills...

Nickdfresh
04-12-2017, 07:44 AM

Who gives a fuck?

Here's a great Wiki page for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Historical_Review

You'll love that site!!

FORD
04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHS1pYIlgSs

Kristy
04-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Do you use that avatar because you are dull, cheap and flat packed? :)

No, because it's Chinese made.

FORD
04-29-2017, 01:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McXKqteJkf4