PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts To Full Bong

Von Halen
06-03-2017, 03:19 PM
One of our long time members, that notorious Canadian pothead named Full Bong, is having some medical issues. Without going into too much detail, he will be starting chemo this week, and could use some positive thoughts and words from his Roth Army brethren. This is a very serious matter. Full Bong himself didn't want to post this thread, because he didn't want it to seem like he was looking for a pity party. Well, fuck that. Too many times we haven't gotten the opportunity to let our members and DLR Army friends know we appreciate them, until it is too late.

It's funny, because when I mentioned this to Sesh, he said Hitch would love to give it to ole Full Bong in a thread like this. Without me telling Full Bong Sesh said that, Full Bong PM'd me the exact same sentiment! Ha ha! That is fucking awesome.

Anyway, Full Bong was previously a major contributor of stoned nonsense, to this site. He was around in the good old days, and definitely took his share of shit slinging. He always took it with a grain of salt, and never refrained from participating. He was a Mod back when he had enough activity that we needed Mods. Many of them. Even though he's Canadian, Full Bong is a good dude. It sucks he has to face what he's facing.

As the greatest Canadian trio (fuck no I'm not talking about Rush!) said, "Fight The Good Fight" Full Bong!

ZahZoo
06-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Thoughts & prayers to Full Bong and his family!!

Hopeful for a speedy recovery!

FORD
06-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Fuck cancer dude, you got this!

Seshmeister
06-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Who knew fingering a dog was carcinogenic?

So sorry to hear the shitty news Mr Bug...

ashstralia
06-04-2017, 04:35 AM
Rush are the shit, numbnuts.

Be well, Full Bug.

DONNIEP
06-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Bong - you're a fag if you don't show up and tell us how you're doing! :biggrin:

Ok, I'm gonna be serious for once. Well, for a minute or two, at least. Dude - you're in my thoughts and prayers. You are a great guy and I'm pulling for you. The usual thing to say is get better soon but I'm gonna say kick whatever is ailing you straight in the ass!! I know you're probably almost as old as Rip Von Winkle but you got this!

I'm praying for you Bong. And I am hoping for a speedy recovery brother.

Fairwrning
06-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Hang in there Bug..you still have another Van Hagar tour to see in 2018 or whenever they decide to do it..rehash the elephant walk,that awesome hand signal thing, sappy raps by the lead singer, same old guitar solo...then again, maybe cancer isnt that bad after all...

Nickdfresh
06-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Get well Full Bong, all the best....

Full Bug
06-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Thanx for the good wishes guys...:cool8:

I ain't near dead yet, but already have my girlfriend and my sister arguing among themselves over where and how I'm going to be buried, and who decides what is best for me, so I'm gonna have to look at getting something done for my wishes in writing, like I need more stress with that kind of bullshit....

Von Halen
06-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Are they fighting over your bongs? :D

Romeo Delight
06-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Thinking of you Brother!

DavidLeeNatra
06-08-2017, 03:44 AM
To quote the man: "you can whip this, champ!"

All the best from the Kraut!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

Full Bug
06-29-2017, 08:12 PM
Actually, I start chemo and radiation treatment for Pancreatic Cancer once a week starting this Wednesday for maybe up to a year, if I last that long, considering I weigh 140 now, and chemo makes you lose weight, I'm gonna be a bone rack in no time....
Anyway, thought you guys might get a kick out of this, made up my will today, and at my service I asked that "Damn Good' and 'Happy Trails' be played, seemed fitting choices, also will take my 'It Ain't Van Halen Without David Lee Roth' t-shirt with me....

DONNIEP
06-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Actually, I start chemo and radiation treatment for Pancreatic Cancer once a week starting this Wednesday for maybe up to a year, if I last that long, considering I weigh 140 now, and chemo makes you lose weight, I'm gonna be a bone rack in no time....
Anyway, thought you guys might get a kick out of this, made up my will today, and at my service I asked that "Damn Good' and 'Happy Trails' be played, seemed fitting choices, also will take my 'It Ain't Van Halen Without David Lee Roth' t-shirt with me....

Don't give up, brother. We're all rooting for you! I wish you the best.

Fairwrning
06-29-2017, 09:41 PM
I need to have a will made also..ya just never fuckin know..Damn dude, I dont really know what to say except think good thoughts. Get out and enjoy everything you can.

moose
06-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Hey Full Bug sorry to read about this but cancer may have started the fight, but you are going to finish it because you're ROTHARMY warrior, and warriors don’t quit so become a survivor and not a victim
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr once said
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at a time of challenge and controversy.”

Wishing you the best bro

Seshmeister
06-30-2017, 12:33 AM

I had the same thought about Damn Good. It's quite long but then again it's not a hymn which all feel like they are 20 minutes long.

My idea was maybe a double bill with 'On Fire', most people here get cremated and if nothing else it would be a talking point...

conmee
06-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Full Bug,

I want to apologize on behalf of Von for disparaging Rush™©® and sullying an otherwise uplifting thread of encouragement. Due to socialized medicine and legalized medicinal uses of MaryJane™©® in the Great White North™©®, I'm confident you'll overcome this challenge and one day soon you can FUCK CANCER IN THE BLOODY FUCKING ASS™©® (if you're down here in the Lower 48™©® with the rest of us, go back North™©® or you'll be at the mercy of whatever the Republicans do to Obamacare™©®)...

P.S. When you said "bone rack" I couldn't help but think of Rush's™©® Roll The Bones™©® LP... Gonna kick some gluteus max, It's a parallax, you dig?™©®

In all seriousness, wishing you well.

Icon™©®

Va Beach VH Fan
06-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Son of a bitch....

Fight your ass off Bugger....

Nickdfresh
06-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Fuck cancer!!

In our thoughts and prayers bro...

Igosplut
07-16-2017, 05:18 PM

Very sorry to hear this. I'm WAY to familiar with this, and words really can't convey what ya want to say. Stand tall.....

Full Bug
08-03-2017, 09:58 PM
After 30 years of long hair, now sporting the cue-ball look, cannot bring myself to go out without the bandanna yet though, but that will come in time I guess, feel like a stranger is looking back at me in the mirror...
Doing my 4th chemo tomorrow morning, all things considered it isn't going as bad as I thought it might, knock on wood.....

Seshmeister
08-03-2017, 10:43 PM
The way to look at this is that for you it's a temporary setback whereas Brett Michaels is stuck with the bandana forever.

Fairwrning
08-04-2017, 06:40 AM
Keep fighting..you can beat this shit..

Full Bug
08-04-2017, 06:59 AM
The way to look at this is that for you it's a temporary setback whereas Brett Michaels is stuck with the bandana forever.
:clap::biggrin:

twonabomber
08-04-2017, 07:04 AM
After 30 years of long hair, now sporting the cue-ball look, cannot bring myself to go out without the bandanna yet though, but that will come in time I guess, feel like a stranger is looking back at me in the mirror...
Doing my 4th chemo tomorrow morning, all things considered it isn't going as bad as I thought it might, knock on wood.....

Less hair, less work in the morning.

keep fighting!

Nickdfresh
08-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Well, you look good man. At least you're not fingering a puppy in that one!

DONNIEP
08-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Bong - you look better than most of the guys here, hair or not. Except for me. Cause I'm hotter than hell :biggrin:

Seriously, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Romeo Delight
08-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Pulling for you man...looking good!

Full Bug
10-16-2017, 12:00 AM
Hi all, I havent really given any kinda update in a few months, so thought I would check in, been a tough go of chemo twice a week, but now on top of that, been going through radiation treatment everyday as well for the past 2 weeks, so now I'm at the hospital every freaking day monday-friday, and thats been pretty brutal, getting up at 6:00 am and finally getting home around 7:00 pm all week long, finding that bullshit harder then the treatments and the after effects, start that merry-go-round again in the morning, so not much free time for the simple fun things in life these days, but on the bright side, 'so far' the treatments seem to be working, and go in for my major operation late next month, so, hey, I'm alive right? ;)
I still pop in once in awhile and see whats going on, and the odd post from me, but it is what it is right?
Anyway, nice to say hi, and thanx for the nice thoughts sent out to me through this thread, it does help me want to keep going, unless something major changes I likely wont update again until just before I go under the knife, so keep well my friends.......:drum:

Oh, and if any of you have money you want to part with, there is a gofundme page a friend set up, to help with our money issues, but zero pressure, its been dead for awhile now, but it has helped.... https://www.gofundme.com/tracey-and-seans-circle-of-support

Not begging for money, if I wanted to do that I would have posted the link here when it came out, lol.....

Full Bug
10-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Oh, I noticed someone from here donated 20.00 bucks into my gofundme thing as Anonymous, so whoever it was, thanx very much! It really is appreciated, to me the gesture means more then the money, so thank you again......

Fairwrning
10-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Hang in there bug..keep up the fight

Vinnie Velvet
11-21-2017, 09:52 AM
As I'm not here at the Army so much anymore, I didn't see this thread.

FB and myself go way back to the days at the Links.

Hope things are going well with the treatment brother. Get well and kick cancer in the ass.

faddam234
12-13-2017, 12:02 AM
I have been a member to this site since I was 18 years old. I am now 31. I haven't posted in a very long time, but I browse from time to time. Full Bug did something for me 10 years ago or so I wont ever forget, and it was the first and last time since it happened. I forget the circumstance, but Full Bug ended up mailing me a couple bootleg CD's of Van Halen live when I was a kid. I found his offer to do that incredibly generous. Full Bug, stay strong. My thoughts go out to you and I will never forget your generosity. Stay strong dude!

Cato
12-14-2017, 11:00 PM
I'm very sorry to post this..... Our long time friend Full Bug, passed away today....

Nickdfresh
12-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Farewell friend, good tidings on your journey be...

vandeleur
12-15-2017, 02:51 AM
Very sad to hear .

twonabomber
12-15-2017, 03:07 AM
RIP Bug.

Met Bug in Toronto in '07. I don't remember who he was talking to, but he introduced himself to the other person as Full Bug, but then he says "well not really" and told the other person his real name. Had to laugh, like any mother would name their kid Full Bug. :D

Seshmeister
12-15-2017, 08:40 AM
RIP Bug.

This sucks thought he might get a while longer.

Hi there for those that don't know me, I am Sean's partner of 18 years. As some of you know he had been undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer and doing well. His tumour had shrunk significally and he was preparing for surgery on Tuesday. He was feeling strange this morning and we thought it was just adjusting to the new pain meds. When he became disoriented I called an ambulance. When they arrived, they said he was in cardiac arrest. They revived him a few times but am sorry to tell you that he passed away today. My heart is shattered as you can imagine. He was a loving kind man and the hole he left in my heart will never be filled."

Hardrock69
12-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Rust In Pieces, Bug.

You will be missed. :(

Dammit. This death thing has got to stop. :(

Von Halen
12-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Full fucking Bong is gone. Damn. This sucks. I really enjoyed fucking with him over all these years. He pretty much always took everything we threw at him, very well. He was able to laugh at us, himself and all the nonsense we used to perpetuate around here. Full Bong was a crazy character that fit right in with us here. Even though he was Canadian, I’m gonna miss the shit out of that dude.

RIP Full Bong. You will never ever be forgotten.

Seshmeister
12-15-2017, 09:10 PM
He was one of the first people I ever chatted to on here at the start in the late 90s.

I was saying to friends tonight in the bar how odd it was to have a someone you talked to online occasionally for nearly 20 years die who you had never met or even talked to on the phone. You don't really know how to react but its been sad..

I guess that's going to be much more common in the world as time goes on.

Von nailed it, Bug could be a little dopey sometimes but he never took offence and could take a ribbing in good fun better than anyone else on here. I like to think he was able to do that because he was happy and secure in himself which is everything....

faddam234
12-15-2017, 09:28 PM
We all have the same fate. I hope to leave a lasting impression like he left on me when I was younger. RIP full bug. He proved that even the smallest act of kindness can be remembered.

franksters
12-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Rest in peace the full bug you were always a class act with me and everyone here, I believe your name and the impression on me I could never forget how you welcome me here , I haven’t been at the army in years now but I had to come by and pay my respect to you and our virtual world that really came alive here at the roth army for me anyway. RA for life, respect.

Fairwrning
12-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Sad news. RIP..:bong:

ashstralia
12-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Dear Full Bug, you impacted a lot of people's lives, even if you never met them. We will remember your beautiful soul, and witty posts. Rest in peace bro, Ash

FORD
12-18-2017, 07:02 PM
I really thought the medicinal properties of all the weed he smoked over the years would help him beat this shit. Goddamn it. :(

Rest in peace, Bug. I know JC's got the good stuff up there :littlebong:

DONNIEP
12-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Fuckin hell - I can’t believe he’s gone. Bong came over to the other place which shall not be mentioned back in the day. Bong was always cool and never took sides. I wish now I had put aside the bullshit and spent more time talking shit with Bong. Dayum...Bong - you were always level headed and cool. I’m gonna miss you brother.

Igosplut
12-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Sad sad thing. Later Bug.

ZahZoo
12-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Sesh mentioned it's odd that we feel loss even though most of us have never met in person or even heard the other's voice. That's just human compassion at it's core. The silly times spent here seem insignificant compared to real life in many ways... but on the other hand we've all touched many lives and shared common experiences in this little corner of cyber-space. Full Bug... aka Full Bong was one of those that made this community a source of fun and entertainment. His spirit lives on in these electronic records of mischievous debauchery... He will be missed!!

Now I got to go shower... after the thought of touching most of you... I feel dirty both physically and morally!!

Terry
12-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I don't think it's so odd: I've been conversing with some of you bastards for, what, 14 years, now?

To be sure, I've only met a couple of rotharmy members in person, but I've been more truthful with some of you here over the last 14 years than I've been with some people I've worked with year in and year out for the last EIGHTEEN years...and some of THOSE people I honestly wouldn't miss if they vanished off the face of the Earth tomorrow.

I didn't know Full Bug well, but he WILL be missed.

Fairwrning
12-26-2017, 09:27 PM
You know your day is coming but it always seems so far away...when a cvh fan dies, ya figure they are close to your age and the reality hits you like a brick wall...another 20 - 30 years and with any luck you are retired and have 10 good years to go(unless you are Kristy and you will be a hateful bitch forever )..this time of year makes you think more about it also..another year has come and gone..Happy New Year fuckers..Hope its a good one...

Terry
12-27-2017, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I mean, we've already lost a 1/2 dozen or so members, all of whom were right around our ages...

Sobering stuff.

By all means, let's have a great 2018.

Nitro Express
12-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I mean, we've already lost a 1/2 dozen or so members, all of whom were right around our ages...

Sobering stuff.

By all means, let's have a great 2018.

Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much (you should have partied like a reckless fool when you were young). Let the doctor stick his finger up your ass in an annual checkup. Try and get laid as much as possible. Realize you can't solve shit so fuck the world's problems and just take a who gives a fuck attitude towards things and live in the moment to it's fullest. When you read bad news just be glad it wasn't you that it happened to. Celebrate that the sun came up today. Pull down your pants and moon the busy street just for the hell of it.

twonabomber
12-27-2017, 10:04 PM
Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much (you should have partied like a reckless fool when you were young). Let the doctor stick his finger up your ass in an annual checkup. Try and get laid as much as possible. Realize you can't solve shit so fuck the world's problems and just take a who gives a fuck attitude towards things and live in the moment to it's fullest. When you read bad news just be glad it wasn't you that it happened to. Celebrate that the sun came up today. Pull down your pants and moon the busy street just for the hell of it.

To summarize...every day above ground is a good day.

Bug was a character. He'll be missed.

Von Halen
12-28-2017, 04:02 PM
I just received the below email from Full Bong's Wife Tracey. Very sobering.

I agree with those that have talked about it not being weird to feel the way we do about a loss like this, and the others we've lost. I did speak to Full Bong on the phone a couple of times, but never did meet him in person. Still, I felt 100% like I knew him. Same way with the others we've lost, that we know about. I mean, a lot of us have been doing this from as far back as the old VH mailing list, and the rest of these sites that followed. Not so much these days, but back when all these forums were thriving, I spent more time with you guys, than I did my friends that I could see any time I wanted. Hell, I had more in common with a lot of you, than I did those fuckers. Whenever I did meet anyone from these sites in person, I always felt immediately like I knew them, even though it was a first meeting. Now of course, some turned out to be even weirder in person than on the forums. But hey, it provided for fun conversation and good times to reminisce about at a later time. You know, like the time a bunch of us, Twona I think, DiverDowninKKKy and a few others crashed at Lactations house after just meeting him, and some thought they weren't going to be let out alive! Ha ha! Or, the time I told my Wife as we were pulling up to the beach in Fort Lauderdale, that we were meeting WARF in person, from this very site! She was so fucking pissed! Holy shit, I still crack up thinking about it. Even as crazy as that fucker is, she was never hesitant to meet anyone from here, after that. Anyway, saddens me to lose "friends" from this site, and any others I've frequented over the years.

By the way, don't feel like you're the only one if when you first looked at her email address, you thought it was cameltoe! I did too!

Hi Von
I know that you were a friend to Sean. He made me promise that if anything ever happened to him that I contact you and tell you. I did send an email from my camelot68@gmail.com account but I assume that you didn't open it because it went to your spam or you didn't recognize it. I am shutting Sean's account here down today but you can contact me if needed or if anyone else wants to send a note at that gmail account just mention fullbug/Sean in the subject

I am not sure how much he shared publicly at the site but he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March and started chemo and radiation. He had been doing amazingly well and the tumor was responding well to treatment. We had been anticipating him having a succesful surgery on Dec 19 and doctors were confident.. Around Dec 7 the meds were no longer effective so on Dec 13 they were changed and seemed to help. He woke the morning of the14th and said he felt very strange and not well. I told him his body was likely adjusting to the new meds and that he should maybe lay down and try to relax after about 5 minutes he said he needed to use the bathroom but didn't feel like he could walk (I am disabled so I could not help) He crawled to the bathroom and thats when he had his first heart attack. The second occured when paramedics arrived, he flatlined and they had to revive him. He flatlined again and they intubated and used paddles, they got him back but he suffered another heart attack in the ambulance and his final attack was in the hospital and he passed. I never got to see him or say goodbye because I was trying to get a ride there. I am thankful his sister was with him. I don't need to tell you that I am devastated by the loss, he was the love of my life. Anyhow like I said, I will be shutting down this account so if anyone wants to contact me or if you want to post details at the site feel free to pass the info along. Take care

Nickdfresh
12-28-2017, 05:23 PM
That's terrible. I'm surprised his doctors were optimistic at all, I've always thought that pancreatic cancer was essentially a death sentence. I recall having a conversation with the lady down the street from my parents while walking their dog and his pissing on her lawn. Six months later, she was dead from the above insidious version of the disease. It's a scourge but I'm glad I got to know Full Bug from this site and perhaps more so at DDLR. He made me laugh and I think that's the greatest gift one can give and am really sorry for his surviving partner and family.

As far as getting older and seeing people pass from this site, I think Flash Bastard was the first I knew of and of course Maximus and Al dying hit me the hardest personally. I guess maybe the best way to honor Full Bong, and all the rest, is to turn up the VH and live life to the fullest....

Von Halen
12-28-2017, 07:01 PM
I sent Tracey the link to this thread, and she did come read it. She very much appreciates all the kind words, and even the funny shit, that has been contributed. We made her smile during a horrible time. Doesn't get much better than that.

Nickdfresh
12-28-2017, 08:46 PM
I live in Buffalo because I don't mind the cold and like the seasons, but I swear to God people start dying around American Thanksgiving to February here...

I work with a girl that has had like five deaths of friends or family in the last two months. But I suspect she drinks a lot and maybe a pill-head though...

Terry
12-28-2017, 09:22 PM

I went ahead and did the last thing first...twice: is it okay I'm not going in sequence with the list?

DiverDowninKy
01-01-2018, 09:37 AM
I was really sorry to hear about this. Very sad news to say the least. RIP Full Bong.

Liquid Courage
01-02-2018, 01:52 PM
This is awful news, knew FB from way back and its a shame when this happens. The guy loved this band and the website.....its awful how this disease takes lives the way it does. RIP Bug, I am sure the man upstairs will take good care of you.

Your old friend - Mike B

Susie Q
10-02-2018, 11:05 PM
I heard from a rotharmy family member that bug died. Blew me away. He was a kind sort. We spoke a few times on the phone. We've lost quite a few members through the years.... :'(