PDA

View Full Version : Trump really taking the piss now

Seshmeister
07-09-2017, 08:10 PM
I have to admit I genuinely laughed out loud at this one..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40549475

US President Donald Trump says it is time to work "constructively" with Russia after his meeting with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
He tweeted that Mr Putin "vehemently denied" interfering in the US election at their first face-to-face encounter at the G20 on Friday.

But Mr Trump's position contrasts with some of his own senior officials.

And he is facing criticism from within his party after revealing a proposal to partner with Russia on online security.

He tweeted that he and Mr Putin had discussed forming "an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking and many other negative things will be guarded and safe", prompting derision on social media and from the Republican Party.

Senator Marco Rubio suggested that such an initiative would be like partnering with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on chemical weapons.
And Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told MSNBC: "It's not the dumbest idea I've ever heard but it's pretty close."

Terry
07-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Yeah, well, what else could Trump say?

He can barely admit what multiple US intelligence agencies have suggested re: Russian hacking in the last presidential election. I mean, Trump himself during the campaign publicly suggested that he hoped 'Russia' could 'find' the 30,000 missing Clinton emails and in essence give them to American media outlets.

Trump was advocating what amounts to treason against his political opponent when he was a candidate. Was anybody expecting Trump to take a hard line against Putin at the summit?

It was less laughable than it was sadly both predictable as it was lamentable, far as Trump's behavior goes.

As predictable as the fact that most world leaders find Trump to be a sad aberration not to be taken seriously.

He is an embarrassment, and I take no pleasure in saying this about my president. I don't like what I've seen and heard of the man, or his family, and he clearly just isn't fit to be where he is. It's less of an opposition to specific policies - because I don't think Trump really has a strong ideological core other than vague Darwinist socioeconomic impulses - than a general indictment against his character and behavior.

A more self-centered person you're less likely to meet, and you know Trump doesn't even have the slightest pretense of helping anybody other than himself. He didn't even run for the office with the thought that he could actually win, and now that he somehow made it there that mindset is informing everything he does. Two qualities that are less than useful - if not outright dangerous - when considering the length and depth of the presidency and how that can shape and impact the lives of our citizenry. Trump treats it like a cat burglar con who has finagled his way into cracking the richest safe and managed to open the money spigot for his family. That he did it all out of a sense of boredom makes it all the more risible.

Terry
07-10-2017, 09:19 PM
And now we find out about Donald Trump, Jr. ( aka The Diaper Don - a nickname he got in college as a result of his then-habit of getting shitfaced and pissing his pants after he would pass out in other people' s beds - true story), Jared Kushner and Manafort and YET ANOTHER meeting during the 2016 campaign with a Russian who had possible Kremlin ties...and according to Trump, Jr. he was initially lured into the meeting with the promise that this Russian had damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

Interesting how after that story broke this weekend President Trump - the Diaper Don's own father - through his lawyers issued a statement indicating that the President knew nothing about that meeting. Which may well be true, but even so...what a wonderful, protective fatherly instinct Donald Trump has toward his eldest son...as in Prez Trump couldn't throw his own kid under the bus any quicker if he tried. If he'd do that to his own kid, does anyone think Trump will have the slightest hesitation or compunction toward removing the dwindling social safety nets in place, virtually all of which tend to protect lower income Red State Trump voters at higher proportions than anywhere else in the country?

Those lower income Red State voters pulling a lever for Trump were but beggars to their own demise. I hope it felt really good to chant "lock her up" at the rallies last year: those good feelings will doubtless be a wonderful substitute for the soon to be nonexistent Medicare/Medicaid payments those voters in short order will used to have relied on, along with Food Stamp programs and all the rest. Put your red Make America Great Again (Made in China) hats on, because you'll need something to protect yourselves from the shit storm about to be unleashed on you.

Nickdfresh
07-11-2017, 01:39 PM
More fake news... :) Can't we all just get past this Russia thing so Trump can further his agenda of killing off the poor for tax cuts for the rich and sucking Vladimir Putin's old short man cock?

Terry
07-11-2017, 08:01 PM
So, so, sooooooooooooooo, such Fake News...bigly, yugely...sad!!

Nickdfresh
07-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Sen. McCain says more to come: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/another-shoe-just-dropped-john-214117089.html

Kristy
07-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Did the BCE finally kill off slave FORD? Because that would really make my year.

Terry
07-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Sen. McCain says more to come: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/another-shoe-just-dropped-john-214117089.html

Yeah, well, shoes have been dropping every day since Trump announced 2 years ago.

Hasn't stopped McCain, McConnell, Ryan and the rest from giving Trump a wink and a nod in hopes that their various legislative agendas will pass and be signed into law by Trump.

Until these Congressional Republicans figure out they can get what they want with Pence in the Oval Office and get the ball rolling on Articles of Impeachment, Trump isn't going anywhere...least not before 2019, and only IF the Dems take back Congress.

Doubtless more revelations about Trump and his cabal will come to light. I ain't holding my breath in terms of something actionable happening as a result of any of this.