PDA

View Full Version : Did somone say trade?

jacksmar
03-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Absolutely the worst week in years. I sold everything worth anything back in December. That's called capital gains guys. Anyway, It's about 3% since about last month. Being more accurate about: two months.

One of the first things I learned back in high school with the genius Jimmy Carter screwing up everything he touched or spoke about, I lost my first money that meant anything to me in the stock market due to trade wars.

Never seen the market ever respond to uncertainty in a positive fashion. I think I'm pretty correct in saying after all these years, a trade war is not a negotiating tactic. Let me give you guys just a little bit of Jack's wisdom here: the US does feed the world but that doesn't mean that there aren't other countries competing for the same piece of the pie. Our neighbors to the south would love to be able take a piece of the pie instead of having to compete for it if they are able to.

As I mentioned before here, IndyCar racing opened my eyes to a world of money that I didn't know existed and thanks to Doug Shearson for that. Futures and commodities seem more stable despite what everybody says about speculation.

What I believe the market responds to most vehemently is where US basically cripples itself with taxes, endless regulations, and unfunded government spending. So it's easy to see now that US stocks responded to a bad budget.

As an afterthought, I'm actually starting to believe that the left maybe best for my money. Fly over Americans don't really need jobs. Belief in skills and self-worth are overrated. The Joe the Plumber 6 packs can do just fine on welfare and opiods.

Etienne
03-25-2018, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8Pv858aJs

Nickdfresh
03-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Absolutely the worst week in years. I sold everything worth anything back in December. That's called capital gains guys. Anyway, It's about 3% since about last month. Being more accurate about: two months.

One of the first things I learned back in high school with the genius Jimmy Carter screwing up everything he touched or spoke about, I lost my first money that meant anything to me in the stock market due to trade wars.

Then you learned nothing - because Jimmy Carter inherited a little shitstool called the Vietnam Hangover and there was virtually nothing he could do about economic downturns...

Never seen the market ever respond to uncertainty in a positive fashion. I think I'm pretty correct in saying after all these years, a trade war is not a negotiating tactic. Let me give you guys just a little bit of Jack's wisdom here: the US does feed the world but that doesn't mean that there aren't other countries competing for the same piece of the pie. Our neighbors to the south would love to be able take a piece of the pie instead of having to compete for it if they are able to.

As I mentioned before here, IndyCar racing opened my eyes to a world of money that I didn't know existed and thanks to Doug Shearson for that. Futures and commodities seem more stable despite what everybody says about speculation.

What I believe the market responds to most vehemently is where US basically cripples itself with taxes, endless regulations, and unfunded government spending. So it's easy to see now that US stocks responded to a bad budget.

As opposed to what other governments that actually have much higher taxes?

As an afterthought, I'm actually starting to believe that the left maybe best for my money. Fly over Americans don't really need jobs. Belief in skills and self-worth are overrated. The Joe the Plumber 6 packs can do just fine on welfare and opiods.

Oh my, a self professed alcoholic throwing pills at glass houses...

Kristy
03-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Absolutely the worst week in years. I sold everything worth anything back in December.

Awww, you sold your cardboard box? Be happy to know Trump will cut the funding off for your new one. Free Market, motherfucker.

jacksmar
03-25-2018, 03:36 PM
The pile on was expected so that can't hurt me anymore here. Like it used to lol

I've been saying it's borrowed money for years. So sometime this year the free market will correct US stocks in a major fashion simply because the debt burden is too high. The US government doesn't have way out of this one should we commit to full out trade war. But I'm still confused with regard to the outcome.

Are we looking for jobs in big numbers?
Are we trying to move productivity to the max?
Improve standard of living?
Will this open new foreign markets?

I'm thinking China in particular will back off. If China can't ship to Wallyworld were do they ship this crap to?

There has been trillions of dollars that have been and continue to be pilfered out of the economy. But I don't see the solution for the US to yield to the demands of other nations and accept the trade deficits. Remember Trump the business guy was sent in to break up the status quo.

Anyway, in the larger picture it's going to be a rough ride. I can't sustain this right now. I'm just like most of you guys here. Preparing for retirement and keeping family moving forward.

Speaking of families, anyone remember those plain pockets jeans? They were like 10 dollars...

Kristy
03-25-2018, 04:37 PM
I've been saying it's borrowed money for years. So sometime this year the free market will correct US stocks in a major fashion simply because the debt burden is too high. The US government doesn't have way out of this one should we commit to full out trade war. But I'm still confused with regard to the outcome.

Jesus fuck, what Libertardian/neo-liberal website are you getting this shit from?

Nitro Express
03-25-2018, 11:05 PM

It's all psychology. You don't have to have any real substance if you can make people believe. Religions have been running on that formula a long time and it works. Haha!