PDA

View Full Version : Bush Liked Less Than Saddam, Bin Laden, Stalin

Sarge
07-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Bush Liked Less Than Saddam, Bin Laden

Wed Jul 7,11:07 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) is disliked by more Hungarian secondary school children than former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) and Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), according to an opinion poll published on Wednesday.

Reuters Photo

Reuters
Slideshow: President Bush

Latest headlines:
· 5 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Iraq Gunfire
AP - 8 minutes ago
· Web Site: Zarqawi Refused Money to Free Berg
Reuters - 27 minutes ago
· At least six Iraqis, four US soldiers killed in Samarra unrest
AFP - 49 minutes ago
Special Coverage

Bush also topped the list of most-liked foreigners with eight percent of the vote, ahead of Pope John Paul (news - web sites) with six percent.

The survey of 34,000 students, aged 16-18, from 655 high schools showed Adolf Hitler was the most disliked foreign personality with 25 percent of the vote, followed by Bush with 23 percent and Bin Laden with 16 percent.

Bush was even more unpopular than former Soviet dictator Josef Stalin, according to the poll.

The most unpopular Hungarian was Prime Minister Peter Medgyessy followed by Viktor Orban, the leader of the right of center Fidesz opposition.

Orban was also the most popular Hungarian followed by Arpad Goncz, the former dissident who became the country's first post-communist president.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20040707/od_nm/bush_dc

knuckleboner
07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
heh heh...

i'm not the biggest fan of george bush by any means, but i think this just goes to show the poor state of education in hungary...

lucky wilbury
07-08-2004, 12:47 PM
this same "study" also said bush was the most like person. go figure.

Rikk
07-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Actually, I hate Bush. So I found this list rather hilarious.

At the same time, Bush is not anywhere near the level of a Josef Stalin...so yes, that is kinda silly. But it's only because Bush is more in the public eye doing some evil these days. He's no relic.

Big Train
07-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Kinda skewed though don't you think, considering Stalin and Hussein were pretty adept at "Silencing" those who opposed. Bush has nuts with freedom of speech who can spew all they like.

Viking
07-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Considering that Hungarians are just now getting flush toilets, it doesn't surprise me that their teenagers think Unkle Josef was just a peachy-keen kinda guy.

Either that, or they're getting MTV beamed in now. :D