PDA

View Full Version : Ownership by state

jacksmar
10-31-2018, 04:08 AM
https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-ownership-by-state-2015-7

The researchers discovered the variation was due to everything from local and state firearm laws to cultural and social norms. Those who reported the prevalence of a "social gun culture," in fact, were 2.25 times more likely to own a gun.

"In many parts of the country, these social norms include participation in social activities around gun ownership. These social gun cultures have rarely been formally studied but may be important determinants of gun ownership," the study's authors wrote.

In the Northeast, gun ownership was below the national average, ranging from 5.8% in Rhode Island to 28.8% in Vermont. In the Midwest and South, ownership ranged from 26.2% in Illinois to 57.9% in Arkansas. And in the West, just more than 20% of Californians own a gun, compared with about 57% in Idaho.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/559451a2ecad0464750b3d6c-960-776.png

jacksmar
10-31-2018, 04:28 AM
Wonder how many answered the survey and stated that there were no guns in the home but actually had at least one. I recall when they BHOle assholes rang asking if I supported the ACA and if I owned a gun.

From what I made out of this info, if 1 in 3 Americans owns a gun then there has been a huge shift in what they term as social gun culture. The press has always been anti-gun as long as I can remember so this info reinforces the point that has been made concerning that the left is talking to themselves. But do remember the press is anti-gun and about as sharp as a wet sack of mice.

http://i.imgur.com/CYbF8R0.jpg

Nitro Express
10-31-2018, 04:31 AM
Wonder how many answered the survey and stated that there were no guns in the home but actually had at least one. I recall when they BHOle assholes rang asking if I supported the ACA and if I owned a gun.

From what I made out of this info, if 1 in 3 Americans owns a gun then there has been a huge shift in what they term as social gun culture. The press has always been anti-gun as long as I can remember so this info reinforces the point that has been made concerning that the left is talking to themselves. But do remember the press is anti-gun and about as sharp as a wet sack of mice.

http://i.imgur.com/CYbF8R0.jpg

I do have a bunch of them orange things in my range bag.

Seshmeister
10-31-2018, 10:28 AM

Fox News is by far the biggest cable news channel in the US. Fox News is now government TV. Fox News is the most watched news. Fox News is media. Fox News is pro gun.

Kristy
10-31-2018, 10:59 AM
That map is pure bullshit. In Texas you are born with a gun.

Besides, I get it, asscracksmar, you just masturbated with a gun and wanted to tell others.

ZahZoo
10-31-2018, 11:03 AM
Living in the state with the highest percentage of gun ownership... I found one part of that article odd...

"In many parts of the country, these social norms include participation in social activities around gun ownership."

What "social activities" are they referring to..?

Hunting? Not exactly a "social" activity. In most cases, a person sit's solitary in a deer stand waiting for an animal to pass by. You might find a couple of people together in a duck blind... but when you boil it down it's a solitary human with a firearm. It's not a "safe" group activity in any form.

Do they figure folks gather here with drinks and finger-foods sporting handguns and long-rifles..?

I've lived in 5 states and city sizes from a few hundred to over a million in population. I see and encounter no more people with firearms in public here in Arkansas than I have anywhere else.

Seshmeister
10-31-2018, 11:18 AM
If 1 in 3 people have firearms and there are over 300 million out there, that must mean that there must be a lot people with arsenals.

Another interesting stat is that 71% of people killed in mass shootings since it's re-legalization in 2004 were killed by an AR15. They should use that in their advertising, it's impressive.

ZahZoo
10-31-2018, 01:29 PM
From my experience, gun ownership is a lot like guitars... majority of people may have one or a couple but they spend most of the time gathering dust in a closet out of sight. Then there's the rare few people who have to own everything that is popular and have some massive collection they display in their homes but never use the damn things for the most part. Plus there's the vintage collectors... hoarders with purpose...

It's interesting... There's a shooting range about a mile down the road from where I live. During the Obama years it was a busy place on weekends year round. Since then it sits empty and quiet 98% of the time with the exception of a few weeks before deer and/or duck hunting seasons.

private parts
10-31-2018, 03:04 PM
It's interesting... There's a shooting range about a mile down the road from where I live. During the Obama years it was a busy place on weekends year round. Since then it sits empty and quiet 98% of the time with the exception of a few weeks before deer and/or duck hunting seasons.

It might get busy again in about 7 days

jacksmar
10-31-2018, 05:17 PM
If 1 in 3 people have firearms and there are over 300 million out there, that must mean that there must be a lot people with arsenals.

Another interesting stat is that 71% of people killed in mass shootings since it's re-legalization in 2004 were killed by an AR15. They should use that in their advertising, it's impressive.

And what was your point? The bolt action rifle, smokeless powder, and revolvers were designed for the battlefield. Each of these was designed to be more tactical. So the Marlin Model 60 is is just fine with you. Got it. Just so long as nobody is killed with an AR15.

An infantry assault rifle is designed as it is for convenient, lightweight ease of use for defense and attack in the ranges of 10 to 400 yards allowing the soldier to carry a significant ammo load.

There's your advertising....

Seshmeister
10-31-2018, 08:24 PM
From my experience, gun ownership is a lot like guitars... majority of people may have one or a couple but they spend most of the time gathering dust in a closet out of sight. Then there's the rare few people who have to own everything that is popular and have some massive collection they display in their homes but never use the damn things for the most part. Plus there's the vintage collectors... hoarders with purpose...

It's weird I guess they were somehow frightened by having a black man in the White House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGYFRzf2Xww

ZahZoo
11-01-2018, 09:03 AM
It's weird I guess they were somehow frightened by having a black man in the White House?

I doubt you'll find many who will honestly admit it... but yeah, I believe that a large percentage of people of multiple races feared having a black man as president. Many most likely were not even consciously aware of it, denied it, but their actions drove them to unnatural behaviors and beliefs.

If you objectively followed Obama's campaign messages, speeches, executive orders and all of the proposed legislative activities that came out of the White House during his 2 terms... nothing occurred that resulted in restricting gun ownership or sales. The only consistent message Obama had was we need to have responsible dialog addressing gun issues. Those were predominately following some gun related tragedy.

Somewhere people planted the seed that Obama was coming for their guns and ammo... sales rose to record levels and ammo shortages were widespread. Oh, and no one came for their guns and ammo. Obama left the White House and the bottom fell out of the whole gun market in the US. What else could have fueled such irrational behavior... fear seems to be the most likely suspect.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 09:55 AM
I doubt you'll find many who will honestly admit it... but yeah, I believe that a large percentage of people of multiple races feared having a black man as president. Many most likely were not even consciously aware of it, denied it, but their actions drove them to unnatural behaviors and beliefs.

If you objectively followed Obama's campaign messages, speeches, executive orders and all of the proposed legislative activities that came out of the White House during his 2 terms... nothing occurred that resulted in restricting gun ownership or sales. The only consistent message Obama had was we need to have responsible dialog addressing gun issues. Those were predominately following some gun related tragedy.

Somewhere people planted the seed that Obama was coming for their guns and ammo... sales rose to record levels and ammo shortages were widespread. Oh, and no one came for their guns and ammo. Obama left the White House and the bottom fell out of the whole gun market in the US. What else could have fueled such irrational behavior... fear seems to be the most likely suspect.

The reality is let's say whoever is in the White House really does want to take the guns and ammo. Who in the hell are they going to find to do it? Most people who get a government check wouldn't think their pay is enough to justify stirring up that nest of hornets. So in a way having so many citizens armed is a deterrent just because people who some tyrant would send don't want to mess with it. So it's kind of like nukes. They never are going to be used but having them there does deter aggression.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Every country has warts including the US. It ain't a perfect world but in the words of Elon Musk, "America is where the opportunities are". You can start a LLC up in America quick and if you screw up, you can file bankruptcy and start over again. Also there is a huge pool of talented people. The average schmuck here seems to not like to work as hard as their grandparents did but there are people who are motivated and want to go somewhere. America is about doing business. Period. If I wasn't benefiting from living here I would move somewhere else. Why did our ancestors migrate here? Opportunity. The same reason Elon Musk came here. Simple as that. Now people can go on with all this stupid political babble and cry the world is unfair but it accomplishes nothing. Just a lot of noise from people who have time to make noise.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:21 AM

More like gun collections. If you bought the right firearms they have been a great investment. Most the guns owned in this country are never even taken out to the range. They sit in people's collections. As far as the AR-15 goes it's been around since the 1950's and has always been legal to own in the US. They had laws that required certain cosmetic things be changed but if the AR-15 went away there would be plenty of other firearms that would kill people just as effectively. The funny thing is AR-15's have just become more popular and less expensive the more people try to ban them. In the 80's most AR-15 riffles were made by Colt and if you went into a gun store there might be one or two for sale. Now I would say AR-15 type rifles are 25% of the inventory. They really weren't popular because they were overpriced for what they were. Now there are more manufactures of the AR-15 than I can name, Building your own AR-15 is popular. You don't even need to buy a rifle. You can make your own. The amount of parts and accessories available now for the AR-15 is huge. Why the AR-15 is popular is it's easy to customize. The barrel is held in with a big threaded nut. You can change the barrel easy and you can change all sorts of things. You can make the rifle fit you better. This is why the AR-15 platform is popular with target shooters. If you want more power or want to shoot farther you get an AR-10. The reality is the AR-15 isn't going to go away until it becomes obsolete.

Of course if you really wanted to ban guns you do that by banning ammunition or the components that go into making the ammunition. But since it's an emotional issue people focus on the guns. It's really all just emotional hype with no real strategic intelligence. Make a 223 or 5.56 round cost $100 each then you reduce the amount of what someone can stuff into a high capacity magazine. That's of course if the person hasn't already purchased several thousand rounds for 30 cents each at Cheaper Than Dirt.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Living in the state with the highest percentage of gun ownership... I found one part of that article odd...

"In many parts of the country, these social norms include participation in social activities around gun ownership."

What "social activities" are they referring to..?

Hunting? Not exactly a "social" activity. In most cases, a person sit's solitary in a deer stand waiting for an animal to pass by. You might find a couple of people together in a duck blind... but when you boil it down it's a solitary human with a firearm. It's not a "safe" group activity in any form.

Do they figure folks gather here with drinks and finger-foods sporting handguns and long-rifles..?

I've lived in 5 states and city sizes from a few hundred to over a million in population. I see and encounter no more people with firearms in public here in Arkansas than I have anywhere else.

The days of having the gun rack in the back of your truck cab or the big glass doored gun case in the living room are over. Why? Theft. When I was a kid growing up in Idaho you saw guns all the time. Also with more shootings and paranoid people, most gun owners transport their guns inside of cases. They aren't walking down the street or even in their driveway with a gun. Part of it is not wanting people knowing you have them (again theft) or you don't want to spook people. To show how paranoid people are now the campus police at an Idaho university arrested a student on campus. People called in saying he was walking around with a rifle case. Turns out it was a case full of pool cues. The guy was heading to the student union to play some pool. This is in Idaho, not in some liberal city. So the guns aren't out in the open. They are in concealed holsters. Locked away in safes. Transported in cases and bags that look like they hold a Stratocaster and not a rifle.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Guns, guitars, women and fast cars. Exactly. I know people who have a collection of some very nice firearms. I know people who build nice firearms. I even know a guy who custom engraves firearms. It's art that makes a lot of noise. Just like an electric guitar. Most these people with the fancy candy in the gun safe usually pack a Glock. The Glock is the simple tool that can get the job done if need be.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Gun control and abortion are the eternal political arguments. Been hearing people jaw jack about both my whole life. Arguing about guns and abortion will outlast the government itself.

FORD
11-01-2018, 10:42 AM
To this day, the only US President to confiscate firearms from legal adult gun owners was Chimpy W. Cokespoon during his clusterfuck mishandling of Hurricane Katrina. And even after that, the NRA still spreads the "Librul Democrat Gun Grabbers" lie.

Nitro Express
11-01-2018, 10:52 AM
To this day, the only US President to confiscate firearms from legal adult gun owners was Chimpy W. Cokespoon during his clusterfuck mishandling of Hurricane Katrina. And even after that, the NRA still spreads the "Librul Democrat Gun Grabbers" lie.

True. The NRA is a partisan organization. Funny. They have a sociopathic gun runner as their president now. That Ollie North dude. The Bush family are globalists as are the Clintons and Obamas. All one happy team. The real objective is to destroy nation states and replace them with unions ran by a few people. Consolidation of power. That's why we were outsourced to China and that's why our technology was allowed to be stollen. That's why we opened our government labs to China. Slowly bleed the US dry so it can be consolidated. So both the globalist bribed Democrats and Republicans want to disarm the American people. Got to do that to complete the screw fest. So we get all these mind games and divide and conquer games and silly games.

jacksmar
11-01-2018, 02:16 PM
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/

There are also significant differences across parties, with Republican and Republican-leaning independents more than twice as likely as Democrats and those who lean Democratic to say they own a gun (44% vs. 20%).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a lot to go through in this research that's been done here. But I like this percentage pointed out due to the simple fact that it reinforces what we already know: Democrats apparently expect the police to stop the crime in progress.

That's a helluva thing to tell your daughter. Expect the crime, let it happen, and the police will resolve it. And this Saturday were gonna march in the women's rights Parade…

Kristy
11-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Democrats apparently expect the police to stop the crime in progress.

Since when? Another one of your bullshit hippie comments. I'm no god damn Democrat but if you come into my residence uninvited and your intentions are to do harm I'm placing a bullet into your skull way before I ever think to call 911.
Your gun masturbation propaganda is getting old.

And who says you cant being a knife to a gun fight?

https://youtu.be/oEhPwthZWpg
Fuck, that looks like a boatload of fun.

jacksmar
11-02-2018, 02:14 AM
Since when? Another one of your bullshit hippie comments. I'm no god damn Democrat but if you come into my residence uninvited and your intentions are to do harm I'm placing a bullet into your skull way before I ever think to call 911.
Your gun masturbation propaganda is getting old.

And who says you cant being a knife to a gun fight?

My intentions would never be "harmful". Unless you think docking two women ass to ass on their backs on a pontoon boat with seas 3 to 5 feet and a light chop on the water is harmful.

And Indiana Jones says so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Nitro Express
11-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Oh lord. Looks like we have an internet keyboard rumble going.

FORD
11-03-2018, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzK_jU43NQ

jacksmar
11-03-2018, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4BX3n_Tp7c

Once again it sounds pretty moderate. It isnt moderate. It's another attempted gun confiscation law.

And way off topic on this, I noticed that the lefts coffers are always empty right up until election time when they're flush with money. Anybody else notice this?

Nickdfresh
11-03-2018, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4BX3n_Tp7c

Once again it sounds pretty moderate. It isnt moderate. It's another attempted gun confiscation law.

And way off topic on this, I noticed that the lefts coffers are always empty right up until election time when they're flush with money. Anybody else notice this?

How the fuck would you know what's in the coffers in any given time? In any case, that idiot you love so much is actually driving major corps to donate to the Democrats, no questions asked. Part of that maybe trump picking fights with actual self-made multibillionaires like the Amazon boys...

jacksmar
11-03-2018, 11:13 PM
HTF WIK? I asked Johnny Chung.

Chip, I don't love any idiots. I love bimbos and stupid blondes and women that don't eat buffalo. Any woman with a IQ of over 100 will be an issue for me just based on tit size alone. There is a huge undocumented highly technical study that related tit size and hair color, tit size and height, and tit size and career choice weighted against tit size and IQ. The study found that chicks with tits which could be compared to casaba melons and a cup size greater DD were much more likely to be loose moraled and thus easier to relate to after some rum and coke or jack and diet.

Those 100+ women with their amplified intellect were way smaller in tit size measuring 34C or less and required shoulder pads to complete the 7 year old boy look most Democrats and bisex bohemian males prefer. The males involved can generally be found at a drug store nightly with a short item list required back at home for a pant suit fem that is good conversation and generally leads the male of that tedious and intense relationship. (Check the names listed in order on the checkbook for verification). The broads in this type of relationship are commonly known as high maintenance in the boys locker room.

The source of this hugely highly technical information: Gallery Magazine circa 1978.

http://www.wonderclub.com/images/GALL/GALL197810.jpg

I'm thinking a lot of leftist members on this site should go back an do some research. There was even articles about the coming ice age...

FORD
11-03-2018, 11:26 PM

Maybe because the people who donate to the left (usually $27 at a time) don't have an endless supply of disposable untaxed cash like Charlie Koch or Sheldon Adelson do?

jacksmar
11-03-2018, 11:34 PM
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/GunOwnership.png

Remember: When seconds count, the police are just minutes away...

jacksmar
11-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Maybe because the people who donate to the left (usually $27 at a time) don't have an endless supply of disposable untaxed cash like Charlie Koch or Sheldon Adelson do?

FORD, you did not see the EWarren debate. She's the millionaire-ette in the room. I'm gonna take you at your $27 word on this one. But cash is speech and speech is cash.

And if you don't believe me just wait to Black Friday...

Nickdfresh
11-04-2018, 08:56 AM
HTF WIK? I asked Johnny Chung.

Chip, I don't love any idiots. I love bimbos and stupid blondes and women that don't eat buffalo. ......

I guess that fully explains your drunken Saturday night raging here... :)

maybe your guns and empties can keep you company?

Sgt Schultz
11-05-2018, 10:59 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/32095699.jpg

Nickdfresh
11-05-2018, 11:05 AM
And Sgt. Sad Schultz's moron popup picture posting continues, for lack of ability to coherently write more than a sentence fragment...

Sgt Schultz
11-05-2018, 11:43 AM
And Sgt. Sad Schultz's moron popup picture posting continues, for lack of ability to coherently write more than a sentence fragment...

https://i.imgflip.com/1i64mj.jpg