PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl LIII

Seshmeister
02-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Just put my annual bet on - can I win for the 4th year in a row while knowing so little about American football?

I have various rules one of which is support whoever is playing the Patriots. :)

Admittedly I cashed out a couple of years ago before that come back...

Weird for me it's like a home crowd for the Patriots in the stadium, do people not usually support the underdog?

Nickdfresh
02-03-2019, 09:40 PM
I'm rooting for the Rams, but not really sure they should be there after that hideous abortion pass interference non-call against the Saints...

FORD
02-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Most boring Super Bowl in history... except for the last few minutes which just sucked ass. :puke:

FORD
02-03-2019, 10:35 PM
https://s.abcnews.com/images/Politics/brady-trump-gty-jpo-190203_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg
Cheater & Cheeto - true love 4 ever!!!

Seshmeister
02-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Well there goes my great run...

ZahZoo
02-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Gladys Knight kicked ass!! After that it went to shit fast...

twonabomber
02-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Didn't watch. Went to the gym after work.

private parts
02-04-2019, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Weird for me it's like a home crowd for the Patriots in the stadium, do people not usually support the underdog?[/QUOTE]

No. Patriots had more support because they are closer to ATL than LA fans. But not by much.

private parts
02-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Actually about a 1000 miles closer.

Seshmeister
02-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Didn't watch. Went to the gym after work.

You are a machine these days. :D

Nickdfresh
02-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Adam Levine does not have moves like Jagger. A pandering, vanilla band with a bland and safe pop-candy-rock catalog delivers a tone-deaf, bland performance. Who really expected anything different?

Terry
02-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Adam Levine does not have moves like Jagger. A pandering, vanilla band with a bland and safe pop-candy-rock catalog delivers a tone-deaf, bland performance. Who really expected anything different?

Not me, and I actually kinda like Maroon 5, far as contemporary pop music goes: but as you said, that's the thing...Levine and Maroon 5 ARE bland, safe, pop-candy rock...thus, their performance was - no sarcasm - just about as bland as I expected.

Sort of odd how so many are complaining about the blandness of the performance, unless they were somehow under the delusion Maroon 5/Levine were something other than they are in terms of quality/ability.

twonabomber
02-04-2019, 09:42 PM
You are a machine these days. :D

I'm heading over there soon. Went for a short bike ride outside in the wind today. :D

Maroon 5, that's a great idea. Strand them on a deserted island, never to be heard from again!

Seshmeister
02-04-2019, 10:35 PM

I had heard of them but never heard them before.

Fucking hell was that lame elevator music.

Even mainstream media was ripping the piss out of how bland they were.