PDA

View Full Version : How's the Army been? (you're still not here, MAX)

Rikk
10-04-2019, 03:06 AM
Like Eddie, I've been a hermit myself for a few years now...just living very comfortably, my wife and I raising our daughter and honoring our son...

I love popping up at this site. This place is very sacred to me.

Tickles my Chicago-style to see the SHEEP PEN stickied where it should be.

To get a bit sad and dramatic here:
Y'know one of the reasons it's hard for me to come back to this site sometimes, something I need to psyche myself up for before visiting the forums and/or posting anything?

I really fuckin' miss MAX. He was my bro. It's so weird to come to the Army and not see him contributing in 30 threads, getting passionate about music, starting a few more ridiculous cooking threads...
If shit was going down (sheep, Fabulous Stink-Shadow, SoCalSmell, etc.), he and I would have nightly phone calls, sometimes up to 3 hours, talking both about life and then plotting what we need to do next... We took it SO SERIOUSLY!

What's been new? Who doesn't post here anymore? Did I miss any harmless drama? Has the site changed in any way.

I keep intending to start posting again regularly...then I post a few tidbits and then crawl back into hiding.

Good to see so many fuckers still here...people that spout amazing idea after amazing idea or conversation or way of looking at the world...lot of good writers here.

twonabomber
10-04-2019, 06:19 AM
sup

Jérôme Frenchise
10-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Who doesn't post here anymore?

Nice to see you around, Rikk!

Considering the very little news we'd had to chew for quite a long time, the question would be easier to answer if asked like this: Who still posts here?;)

ZahZoo
10-04-2019, 10:39 AM
The site slowed down with age... plus lack of action from the band combined with the diversion by social media has distracted the core gang here... Still a lot of folks around and some passing on... as in life.

Rikk
10-04-2019, 02:49 PM
The site slowed down with age... plus lack of action from the band combined with the diversion by social media has distracted the core gang here... Still a lot of folks around and some passing on... as in life.

Shit...
Has anyone else passed on besides MAX that I might have missed?

Rikk
10-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Nice to see you around, Rikk!

Considering the very little news we'd had to chew for quite a long time, the question would be easier to answer if asked like this: Who still posts here?;)

Makes me sad. Still see a lot of good faces around here. Good to see you, Jérôme.

Rikk
10-04-2019, 02:50 PM
sup

sup

Nitro Express
10-04-2019, 10:54 PM
Shit...
Has anyone else passed on besides MAX that I might have missed?

Blonde Girl 777 passed away from cancer.

Rikk
10-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Blonde Girl 777 passed away from cancer.

Yes, I remember that. Very sad.

Seshmeister
10-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Full Bug and Hitch too of course.

Nickdfresh
10-08-2019, 06:26 PM
And Flash Bastard, but he was dead before anyone left I think...

Nitro Express
10-09-2019, 04:49 AM
Full Bug and Hitch too of course.
I remember someone coming in here and announcing Full Bug had passed on but I didn’t know Hitch passed. I was a huge Hitchworld fan. Ah Hitch was a pre social media inter webs legend. Back in the glory days of the internet before corporations ruined it.

ZahZoo
10-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Yeah some notable figures have passed... But there's still that one bright spot...

Von™ still trolls Detroit in his throw-back to the 70's/80's Hippie Buggy, blastin Sammy Hager tunes while shopping for strategic spandex...

Rikk
02-04-2020, 09:50 PM
I didn't know HITCH or FULL BUG passed away.

It's like seeing the pop culture icons of our youth starting to pass on at a faster and faster rate (Neil Peart, Terry Jones, etc.).

Army veterans suddenly dropping dead...and so many others off the face of the Earth.

ashstralia
02-05-2020, 02:55 AM
Hello Rikk! Life has certainly thrown us all some wild curveballs. I’m still here, have turned from the Analog Kid into a mostly Digital Man.