PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Picard

Seshmeister
01-24-2020, 09:53 PM
I thought the opening episode was pretty good.

Just looked it up and they are even older than you think - Picard is 79 and Data is 70. Problematic dealing with an actor of a robot ageing which I think may be shitty for Brent Spinner's retirement fund. According to IMDB he's only in the first of the 11 part season the reason for which may be the cost of the 'Irishman' CGI.

I'm a relatively casual viewer of Star Trek and Star Wars but I have to say IMHO in the last few years with this, The Mandalorian and Discovery, the TV stuff is better than the movies and the Trek stuff is on the whole better than the Star Wars.

ZahZoo
01-25-2020, 06:47 AM
I've been hesitant to add another streaming service to my budget, but it's driving me nuts missing this Picard series and haven't seen Discovery yet.

Did Picard provide any back-story for Data's return? I thought it was destroyed in the movie series...

twonabomber
01-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Mandalorian was really good. Disney busted me torrenting episode 3, so I waited a couple weeks and signed up for Disney+ and binged the rest. Caught up on the Marvels I hadn't seen, and the Imagineering show was pretty good too. I hear the Goldblum show is good.

Not sure I'll watch Picard. Maybe I'll wait.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2020, 07:45 AM
I thought it was pretty good but probably will rewatch it.

Zah as far as Data, there is a bit of a mystery I don't want to be a spoiler for, but a lot of it was dream sequences...

ZahZoo
01-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Ah, I get it on Data... probably like Ragnar keeps reappearing on Vikings in dream sequences and hallucinations despite becoming UK snake food... It's too much to completely lose one of a series' prominent and core characters.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2020, 07:40 PM
We'll just say in Picard's current Star Trek universe, "Synths" are persona non grata...

Seshmeister
01-26-2020, 08:21 PM
We'll just say in Picard's current Star Trek universe, "Synths" are persona non grata...

Now Twona is going to never watch it... :D

twonabomber
01-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Now Twona is going to never watch it... :D

Wars, not Trek anyways :D

Nickdfresh
01-31-2020, 08:56 PM
The second one is even better...

Dr. Love
02-13-2020, 07:40 PM
I thought the first episode was really rough, loved TNG back in the day, but Picard would never have responded to some random girl showing up on his doorstep saying she killed someone with "sure I'll help you".

However I thought the latest episode with Elnor was pretty good. It's getting more interesting and I've been looking forward to the episodes.

Nickdfresh
02-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Wella wella wella! Look what the cat dragged in! How's it going Doc?

cadaverdog
02-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Just looked it up and they are even older than you think - Picard is 79 and Data is 70. Problematic dealing with an actor of a robot ageing which I think may be shitty for Brent Spinner's retirement fund.
Spiner wore so much make up as Data in the original Star Trek TNG you wouldn't think that would be much of a problem.

Seshmeister
02-14-2020, 08:08 AM
Apparently he only agreed to do this if he didn't need to spend 6 hours getting the make up put on each day which he can't be bothered doing any more so they did it with CGI.

He must have enough fuck you money from the movies.

cadaverdog
02-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Apparently he only agreed to do this if he didn't need to spend 6 hours getting the make up put on each day which he can't be bothered doing any more so they did it with CGI.

6 hours? He wore contact lens, face paint and greased back his hair. How did that take 6 hours?

Seshmeister
02-14-2020, 10:59 AM
I may have been talking shit - looked it up and it says it took 75 minutes back in the day.

Maybe it was 6 hours to also make him look younger?

cadaverdog
02-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Maybe it was 6 hours to also make him look younger?
Either that or he was exaggerating when he made that comment.

Dr. Love
02-27-2020, 11:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv-wmixiiMA

The reviews these guys crack me up.

Also things are going good :cool1:

Seshmeister
02-28-2020, 10:48 AM
They are maybe a bit harsh but a good watch. :)

Kristy
03-25-2024, 01:04 PM
Watch the door.

https://youtu.be/yzJqarYU5Io