PDA

View Full Version : Pistons set to offer McDyess 5 year deal worth 30 million

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Should adequately fill in for Okur...and if he reaches any bit of his explosiveness, should give them quite the explosive front court...should they resign Wallace...

Troy
07-11-2004, 05:02 AM
When was the last year this guy played an entire season? '95??? ;) 6mil a year is a bit much IMO for a guy who has yet to prove he's healthy.

Troy
07-11-2004, 05:03 AM
BUT... if he really is healthy and they re-sign Rasheed... look out.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Yeah...he was out until Christmas this year...

came on strong with the Knicks (had him for a bit...was playin' well)...then shit the bed when he got dealt...

I think playing half the year...with the offseason...should help him healthwise...

man...this guy was unreal in the late 90's...

talk about explosive...

ALinChainz
07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
You got that right bro ... a helluva player at one time. Could seriously get up too.

I have the same questions Troy does, once the injury shit went bad, and he had severe injuries, can he stay healthy. I know with the Piston depth, he wouldn't have to log as many minutes, and hopefully they will make this a heavily incentive laden deal.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I doubt...with the state of power forwards available...that he'd HAVE to accept an incentive laden deal...

Talk about being a free agent at the right time...

Lou
07-11-2004, 02:52 PM
That's a pretty big gamble, as he did not at all look ready to play last year. He may have had a couple of good games, but I saw him in Phoenix getting 6 points a game.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 03:10 PM
well...in Phoenix...he was sitting behind Marion and Stoudemare...that's bound to do a little something to your stats...

he could ease in...he'll be fine...

alls he needs to do is go 10 and 5...and he'll be filling that role...

20 minutes a game...

ALinChainz
07-11-2004, 11:44 PM
The latest is that it's a 4 year deal at $23 million.

I don't question Dumars anymore. Until I have to.

But so far, every deal he's made has come up big.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Well...the thing that made West so good was...and is...adding parts after winning...

he never would have signed Payton and Malone....he would have been workin' on ways to get something from what they had...

and that Miami deal for Shaq would never have happened...